The PokéCommunity Forums Fan Games ROM Hacks Studio
Ruby [Hack of the Year 2012] POKéMON LIGHT PLATINUM

ROM Hacks Studio The ROM Hacks Studio — once known as our “Hacks Showcase” — is the best place on the web to find ROM hacks. Browse our curated collection, all made by PokéCommunity members: patch, play, and enjoy!

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #6151    
Old February 3rd, 2012 (5:52 PM).
ajroogs ajroogs is offline
     
    Join Date: Nov 2011
    Gender: Male
    Posts: 1
    Hey, first post here. Love this hack, great stuff. Quick question, where do I go after I've beaten the fire gym leader in the Lauren League? I can't go past Team Steam in Meridian City. I tried dig by the hole, but that doesn't work. I've got the complete version (supposedly), and I'm stumped. Any help would be greatly appreciated!
    Reply With Quote
      #6152    
    Old February 4th, 2012 (12:16 AM).
    Satoshi Ookami's Avatar
    Satoshi Ookami Satoshi Ookami is offline
    Memento Mori
     
    Join Date: Jul 2008
    Location: Abyss of Time, Great Seal
    Age: 26
    Gender: Male
    Nature: Calm
    Posts: 14,530
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Mason69 View Post
    Because im running it on my cell phone.
    Anyway is it possible to get them or not?
    Well yes... I'm not exactly sure when but yes, you will get it.

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by DragonTrain View Post
    Isnt it only quicker if you are using vba?
    Well of course... hacks are supposed to be played on VBA...

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by ajroogs View Post
    Hey, first post here. Love this hack, great stuff. Quick question, where do I go after I've beaten the fire gym leader in the Lauren League? I can't go past Team Steam in Meridian City. I tried dig by the hole, but that doesn't work. I've got the complete version (supposedly), and I'm stumped. Any help would be greatly appreciated!
    Dig thing must work... you must have missed something...
    Try to check Wes' website.
    __________________
    ROM hacking FAQ - Read before asking how to play a hack.

    Anime List | PSN Trophy List
    Reply With Quote
      #6153    
    Old February 4th, 2012 (6:13 AM).
    Mason69's Avatar
    Mason69 Mason69 is offline
    Sleeping...
       
      Join Date: Apr 2009
      Location: Portugal
      Gender: Male
      Posts: 355
      Already got the shoes, tjanks for the info guys.
      Know im curious about something else, do we get any lucky eggs on this game? They are very useful for training.
      __________________


      My Shop
      FC: 3797 7955 8652
      IGN: Samuel
      If we have a pending trade and I didn't say anything please remember me, since I have a lot going on I forget sometimes.

      Reply With Quote
        #6154    
      Old February 4th, 2012 (6:22 AM).
      Stefke Stefke is offline
         
        Join Date: Feb 2011
        Location: Belgium
        Age: 29
        Gender: Male
        Nature: Bashful
        Posts: 51
        Quote:
        Originally Posted by Mason69 View Post
        Already got the shoes, tjanks for the info guys.
        Know im curious about something else, do we get any lucky eggs on this game? They are very useful for training.
        Yes, I even got two. I don't remember where I got them, but just play the game and you'll find them.
        Reply With Quote
          #6155    
        Old February 4th, 2012 (3:52 PM). Edited February 4th, 2012 by vasilis.
        vasilis vasilis is offline
           
          Join Date: Nov 2009
          Gender: Male
          Posts: 80
          hey guys i need help. i downloaded the light_platinum_english.rar from here i patched in ruby version (u) (v1.0) and i get a white screen(joking).the problem is that when i start a new game some things are in Spanish and some in english is as it should be
          __________________
          <a href=http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=158324><img src=http://img511.imageshack.us/img511/1667/fanbarl.png border=0 alt= /></a>
          Reply With Quote
            #6156    
          Old February 4th, 2012 (5:29 PM).
          Mason69's Avatar
          Mason69 Mason69 is offline
          Sleeping...
             
            Join Date: Apr 2009
            Location: Portugal
            Gender: Male
            Posts: 355
            Quote:
            Originally Posted by vasilis View Post
            hey guys i need help. i downloaded the light_platinum_english.rar from here i patched in ruby version (u) (v1.0) and i get a white screen(joking).the problem is that when i start a new game some things are in Spanish and some in english is as it should be
            Its not spanish, it is portuguese and its just some stuff that the translator forgot, mainly the poke center dialogue and some other minor stuff.
            Keep playing and it will not make a lot of difference.
            __________________


            My Shop
            FC: 3797 7955 8652
            IGN: Samuel
            If we have a pending trade and I didn't say anything please remember me, since I have a lot going on I forget sometimes.

            Reply With Quote
              #6157    
            Old February 4th, 2012 (6:06 PM). Edited February 4th, 2012 by vasilis.
            vasilis vasilis is offline
               
              Join Date: Nov 2009
              Gender: Male
              Posts: 80
              Quote:
              Originally Posted by Mason69 View Post
              Its not spanish, it is portuguese and its just some stuff that the translator forgot, mainly the poke center dialogue and some other minor stuff.
              Keep playing and it will not make a lot of difference.
              minor? for me half the introduction for me is in portuguese
              __________________
              <a href=http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=158324><img src=http://img511.imageshack.us/img511/1667/fanbarl.png border=0 alt= /></a>
              Reply With Quote
                #6158    
              Old February 4th, 2012 (6:39 PM).
              palm1212's Avatar
              palm1212 palm1212 is offline
                 
                Join Date: Jan 2010
                Location: Thailand
                Gender: Male
                Posts: 7
                Where i can get MAP ?
                and
                How to go pass "ROUTE 412" when i get out "MR.ZHERY" ?
                Reply With Quote
                  #6159    
                Old February 5th, 2012 (12:24 AM).
                Ninjaguineapig Ninjaguineapig is offline
                   
                  Join Date: Apr 2011
                  Gender: Male
                  Posts: 14
                  I have tried everything. I changed the save type, I changed the clock, I got the (U)v1.0 ROM and I did the thing with the Header Tool. It still doesn't work. What am I not doing right?
                  Reply With Quote
                    #6160    
                  Old February 5th, 2012 (12:54 AM).
                  vasilis vasilis is offline
                     
                    Join Date: Nov 2009
                    Gender: Male
                    Posts: 80
                    in this gme does joltic exist
                    __________________
                    <a href=http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=158324><img src=http://img511.imageshack.us/img511/1667/fanbarl.png border=0 alt= /></a>
                    Reply With Quote
                      #6161    
                    Old February 5th, 2012 (12:59 AM).
                    Satoshi Ookami's Avatar
                    Satoshi Ookami Satoshi Ookami is offline
                    Memento Mori
                     
                    Join Date: Jul 2008
                    Location: Abyss of Time, Great Seal
                    Age: 26
                    Gender: Male
                    Nature: Calm
                    Posts: 14,530
                    Quote:
                    Originally Posted by vasilis View Post
                    minor? for me half the introduction for me is in portuguese
                    Then you did something wrong, because english version is really in english.
                    __________________
                    ROM hacking FAQ - Read before asking how to play a hack.

                    Anime List | PSN Trophy List
                    Reply With Quote
                      #6162    
                    Old February 5th, 2012 (2:14 AM).
                    Shadowstorm's Avatar
                    Shadowstorm Shadowstorm is offline
                    H1Z1
                       
                      Join Date: Feb 2008
                      Location: Cleveland, OH
                      Age: 28
                      Gender: Male
                      Nature: Sassy
                      Posts: 76
                      So hey, just for my own personal playing I was messing around and I found a way to if you wanted to, have the pokemon between Celebi and Treecko in the game data able to be caught. Apparently if when using the GBA Game Editing Program use the Pokedex location editor and place all of them instead of from 387+ all to 0 for both national and local dex, you can trick the game into thinking when in the dex that they're all missingno and they'll no longer crash the game if you catch them when you didn't already have them.
                      Reply With Quote
                        #6163    
                      Old February 5th, 2012 (2:43 AM).
                      vasilis vasilis is offline
                         
                        Join Date: Nov 2009
                        Gender: Male
                        Posts: 80
                        Quote:
                        Originally Posted by Ash493 View Post

                        Then you did something wrong, because english version is really in english.
                        all the other game except this and some words during the pokehealing are in english.i dont thing i did anything wrong i downloaded the light_platinum_english.rar from here i patchedit in ruby version (u) (v1.0)
                        __________________
                        <a href=http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=158324><img src=http://img511.imageshack.us/img511/1667/fanbarl.png border=0 alt= /></a>
                        Reply With Quote
                          #6164    
                        Old February 5th, 2012 (3:25 AM).
                        vitorvilani vitorvilani is offline
                           
                          Join Date: Feb 2012
                          Gender: Male
                          Posts: 12
                          Quote:
                          Originally Posted by Mason69 View Post
                          Because im running it on my cell phone.
                          Anyway is it possible to get them or not?
                          Hi, may u help me?

                          i'm trying to play on my phone too (android, using Gameboid) but keep showing me some white image and nothing goes on.. just this. You just put the .gba on your phone, and open?

                          (sorry for any bad english)

                          -

                          tem algum brasileiro por ai?!
                          Reply With Quote
                            #6165    
                          Old February 5th, 2012 (4:51 AM).
                          Mason69's Avatar
                          Mason69 Mason69 is offline
                          Sleeping...
                             
                            Join Date: Apr 2009
                            Location: Portugal
                            Gender: Male
                            Posts: 355
                            Quote:
                            Originally Posted by vitorvilani View Post
                            Hi, may u help me?

                            i'm trying to play on my phone too (android, using Gameboid) but keep showing me some white image and nothing goes on.. just this. You just put the .gba on your phone, and open?

                            (sorry for any bad english)

                            -

                            tem algum brasileiro por ai?!
                            Você tá com sorte, eu também sou brasileiro.

                            O que fiz foi isto:

                            Originally Posted by xXxLugia:

                            "every week someone reports a prob with the white screen. this prob was solved long ago, but ppl still ask for the solution. i had the same prob on my android phone, others on gpsp or iphone but master2738 showed me how to make this game work on my phone so u need to do this i will just copy paste what he wrote with with small modifications just follow this steps:
                            1. download pokemon LP from wesley's homepage
                            2. download pokemon ruby 1.0
                            3. download gba header(go to google and type: gba header tool v1.0)
                            4. open up gba header v1.0
                            5. click on the box under "filename:"
                            6. locate ur "Pokemon Lp" .gba and double click it
                            7. click on show header than click show. notice that the game title says PKM LP (thats what causing the problems)
                            8. click on copy header
                            9. click on the box under source file, locate ur ruby 1.0 rom and double click it
                            10. now click on copy
                            11. click on show header and click show
                            12. you will now see that ur pokemon LP rom has the game title Pokemon ruby. which should allow u to play it on any emulator now.

                            Also set the save type on your emulator to Flash 128kb"

                            Boa sorte ;)
                            __________________


                            My Shop
                            FC: 3797 7955 8652
                            IGN: Samuel
                            If we have a pending trade and I didn't say anything please remember me, since I have a lot going on I forget sometimes.

                            Reply With Quote
                              #6166    
                            Old February 5th, 2012 (5:10 AM).
                            DragonTrain DragonTrain is offline
                               
                              Join Date: Feb 2012
                              Gender: Male
                              Posts: 5
                              Quote:
                              Originally Posted by Mason69 View Post
                              Você tá com sorte, eu também sou brasileiro.

                              O que fiz foi isto:

                              Originally Posted by xXxLugia:

                              "every week someone reports a prob with the white screen. this prob was solved long ago, but ppl still ask for the solution. i had the same prob on my android phone, others on gpsp or iphone but master2738 showed me how to make this game work on my phone so u need to do this i will just copy paste what he wrote with with small modifications just follow this steps:
                              1. download pokemon LP from wesley's homepage
                              2. download pokemon ruby 1.0
                              3. download gba header(go to google and type: gba header tool v1.0)
                              4. open up gba header v1.0
                              5. click on the box under "filename:"
                              6. locate ur "Pokemon Lp" .gba and double click it
                              7. click on show header than click show. notice that the game title says PKM LP (thats what causing the problems)
                              8. click on copy header
                              9. click on the box under source file, locate ur ruby 1.0 rom and double click it
                              10. now click on copy
                              11. click on show header and click show
                              12. you will now see that ur pokemon LP rom has the game title Pokemon ruby. which should allow u to play it on any emulator now.

                              Also set the save type on your emulator to Flash 128kb"

                              Boa sorte ;)
                              Why don't that thing work for me cuz i'm still stuck at white screen
                              Reply With Quote
                                #6167    
                              Old February 5th, 2012 (7:02 AM).
                              OakTree OakTree is offline
                                 
                                Join Date: Nov 2010
                                Gender: Male
                                Posts: 1
                                I'm trying to get this to work on my flash card, but it's not even showing up on my emulator? I do, in fact, have a GBA emulator on my card, but it's just not showing. I used 3 different Ruby's, and they still won't work? Any suggestions?
                                Reply With Quote
                                  #6168    
                                Old February 5th, 2012 (8:26 AM).
                                Mason69's Avatar
                                Mason69 Mason69 is offline
                                Sleeping...
                                   
                                  Join Date: Apr 2009
                                  Location: Portugal
                                  Gender: Male
                                  Posts: 355
                                  Quote:
                                  Originally Posted by DragonTrain View Post
                                  Why don't that thing work for me cuz i'm still stuck at white screen
                                  Don't know, maybe you are using the wrong rom?
                                  __________________


                                  My Shop
                                  FC: 3797 7955 8652
                                  IGN: Samuel
                                  If we have a pending trade and I didn't say anything please remember me, since I have a lot going on I forget sometimes.

                                  Reply With Quote
                                    #6169    
                                  Old February 5th, 2012 (8:53 AM).
                                  DragonTrain DragonTrain is offline
                                     
                                    Join Date: Feb 2012
                                    Gender: Male
                                    Posts: 5
                                    Quote:
                                    Originally Posted by Mason69 View Post
                                    Don't know, maybe you are using the wrong rom?
                                    Well i can't download it from Wesley's website cuz it's removed and i can't download it from 4shared because i need to download everything else.
                                    Reply With Quote
                                      #6170    
                                    Old February 5th, 2012 (9:00 AM).
                                    godlesplay godlesplay is offline
                                       
                                      Join Date: Oct 2011
                                      Posts: 260
                                      Quote:
                                      Originally Posted by Mason69 View Post
                                      Você tá com sorte, eu também sou brasileiro.

                                      O que fiz foi isto:

                                      Originally Posted by xXxLugia:

                                      "every week someone reports a prob with the white screen. this prob was solved long ago, but ppl still ask for the solution. i had the same prob on my android phone, others on gpsp or iphone but master2738 showed me how to make this game work on my phone so u need to do this i will just copy paste what he wrote with with small modifications just follow this steps:
                                      1. download pokemon LP from wesley's homepage
                                      2. download pokemon ruby 1.0
                                      3. download gba header(go to google and type: gba header tool v1.0)
                                      4. open up gba header v1.0
                                      5. click on the box under "filename:"
                                      6. locate ur "Pokemon Lp" .gba and double click it
                                      7. click on show header than click show. notice that the game title says PKM LP (thats what causing the problems)
                                      8. click on copy header
                                      9. click on the box under source file, locate ur ruby 1.0 rom and double click it
                                      10. now click on copy
                                      11. click on show header and click show
                                      12. you will now see that ur pokemon LP rom has the game title Pokemon ruby. which should allow u to play it on any emulator now.

                                      Also set the save type on your emulator to Flash 128kb"

                                      Boa sorte ;)
                                      now it works on my w890 but I downloaded english ver and on my cellphone is in spanish...
                                      Reply With Quote
                                        #6171    
                                      Old February 5th, 2012 (11:06 AM).
                                      DragonTrain DragonTrain is offline
                                         
                                        Join Date: Feb 2012
                                        Gender: Male
                                        Posts: 5
                                        Quote:
                                        Originally Posted by Mason69 View Post
                                        Don't know, maybe you are using the wrong rom?
                                        Well the rom i am using is.... PokemonLightPlatinum.gba
                                        Reply With Quote
                                          #6172    
                                        Old February 5th, 2012 (3:09 PM).
                                        Masterdom720's Avatar
                                        Masterdom720 Masterdom720 is offline
                                        I Love Victini :)
                                           
                                          Join Date: Nov 2007
                                          Posts: 5
                                          Very good game playing it for my channel. Highly Recommend very fun 10/10
                                          __________________
                                          Pokemon White Version Trainer Card:
                                          Reply With Quote
                                            #6173    
                                          Old February 5th, 2012 (8:20 PM).
                                          vitorvilani vitorvilani is offline
                                             
                                            Join Date: Feb 2012
                                            Gender: Male
                                            Posts: 12
                                            Quote:
                                            Originally Posted by Mason69 View Post
                                            Você tá com sorte, eu também sou brasileiro.

                                            O que fiz foi isto:

                                            Originally Posted by xXxLugia:

                                            "every week someone reports a prob with the white screen. this prob was solved long ago, but ppl still ask for the solution. i had the same prob on my android phone, others on gpsp or iphone but master2738 showed me how to make this game work on my phone so u need to do this i will just copy paste what he wrote with with small modifications just follow this steps:
                                            1. download pokemon LP from wesley's homepage
                                            2. download pokemon ruby 1.0
                                            3. download gba header(go to google and type: gba header tool v1.0)
                                            4. open up gba header v1.0
                                            5. click on the box under "filename:"
                                            6. locate ur "Pokemon Lp" .gba and double click it
                                            7. click on show header than click show. notice that the game title says PKM LP (thats what causing the problems)
                                            8. click on copy header
                                            9. click on the box under source file, locate ur ruby 1.0 rom and double click it
                                            10. now click on copy
                                            11. click on show header and click show
                                            12. you will now see that ur pokemon LP rom has the game title Pokemon ruby. which should allow u to play it on any emulator now.

                                            Also set the save type on your emulator to Flash 128kb"

                                            Boa sorte ;)
                                            Cara, eu to fazendo tudo isso... mas quando clico no show pela segunda vez (pra alterar o nome), ele nao muda! Continua PKM LP.

                                            Tu sabe o que pode ser?

                                            -

                                            When i click the second time in 'show', the Game Title doesn't change - still with the PKM LP. Do i have a wrong rom or something? Please help.
                                            Reply With Quote
                                              #6174    
                                            Old February 6th, 2012 (12:33 AM).
                                            thebiglebowski's Avatar
                                            thebiglebowski thebiglebowski is offline
                                               
                                              Join Date: Feb 2012
                                              Gender: Male
                                              Posts: 1
                                              awesome hack!!! but in mt. lauren the last trainer on the second level freezes my game, what can i do to get past this and keep playing??
                                              Reply With Quote
                                                #6175    
                                              Old February 6th, 2012 (3:43 AM).
                                              prakhar's Avatar
                                              prakhar prakhar is offline
                                              flare blitzz
                                                 
                                                Join Date: Dec 2010
                                                Location: ahmedabad
                                                Gender: Male
                                                Nature: Jolly
                                                Posts: 22
                                                i want the link of this game.remember i want that version of light platinum which does not end at kecleon block.please help me as i am unable to find it.when i download it from wesley's i get the same kecleon problem so please help me out..............
                                                Reply With Quote
                                                Reply

                                                Quick Reply

                                                Join the conversation!

                                                Create an account to post a reply in this thread, participate in other discussions, and more!

                                                Create a PokéCommunity Account
                                                Thread Tools

                                                Posting Rules
                                                You may not post new threads
                                                You may not post replies
                                                You may not post attachments
                                                You may not edit your posts

                                                BB code is On
                                                Smilies are On
                                                [IMG] code is On
                                                HTML code is Off

                                                Forum Jump


                                                All times are GMT -8. The time now is 1:01 AM.