ARCHIVED: Battle Center This forum is designed for all of your Pokémon battling needs! The main forum is meant for discussions, battle requests, battle logs, and other threads related to battling. Look to the sub-forums for events and team help.

 
 
Thread Tools
  #26    
Old February 10th, 2012 (12:54 PM).
champagnepapi's Avatar
champagnepapi champagnepapi is offline
exile
  • Gold Tier
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: new england
Gender: Male
Nature: Adamant
Posts: 1,796
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBowsinator View Post
Just to drop another check, heatran is an amazing one (especially the specially defensive sets)

At this point i'm not really gaining much support ._.
Volcarona used Hidden Power [Ground]!

It's super effective! Heatran fainted. Obviously this isn't common and Heatran is great otheriwse, but Heatran isn't a hard counter due to it losing to a certain set.
__________________

paired to kaori & vrai

Relevant Advertising!

  #27    
Old February 11th, 2012 (2:17 AM).
flubbateios's Avatar
flubbateios flubbateios is offline
Woof.
  • Crystal Tier
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Over There
Age: 6
Gender: Male
Nature: Docile
Posts: 282
No, i just find it too easy to beat , from my experience, i've never really battled volcarona-crazy people
__________________


[/SIZE]
  #28    
Old February 11th, 2012 (11:35 AM).
revelp8's Avatar
revelp8 revelp8 is offline
My mohawk is on fiiiyaaaa!
     
    Join Date: May 2008
    Location: California
    Gender: Male
    Nature: Hasty
    Posts: 522
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by flubbateios View Post
    No, i just find it too easy to beat , from my experience, i've never really battled volcarona-crazy people
    yea see, exactly the kind of argument that's unhelpful.

    what makes it so easy to beat? how many times (roughly) have you even faced a volcarona? Is it predictable?

    examples and proof would help in a discussion like this.

    anywho

    i've tried out the chesto rest set, it is undoubtedly one of the best sets to run...other than sub. As long as you keep sun up, watch out for SR and rock type moves, your guaranteed at least 2 pokemon down
    __________________
      #29    
    Old February 11th, 2012 (1:56 PM). Edited February 11th, 2012 by TheBowsinator.
    TheBowsinator's Avatar
    TheBowsinator TheBowsinator is offline
    Pi Lieker
       
      Join Date: Apr 2011
      Age: 19
      Gender: Male
      Posts: 111
      the argument that you can simply eliminate all it's checks with stuff like dugtrio and wobbufet is retarded. You can do that for ANY pokemon. Say you think theres a superbroken pokemon, and the only counter are steel types; people would make the argument that you would just need a magenzone.

      Whats to say that dragonite isn't broken after all it's checks are removed by stuff like wobbufet and dugtrio?

      the argument that you can simply eliminate all it's checks with stuff like dugtrio and wobbufet is retarded. You can do that for ANY pokemon. Say you think theres a superbroken pokemon, and the only counter are steel types; people would make the argument that you would just need a magenzone.

      Whats to say that dragonite isn't broken after all it's checks are removed by stuff like wobbufet and dugtrio?

      People will use this argument to say that Pikachu can sweep any team if it's checks are gone, so it must be broken.
      __________________
      Legitness doesn't come easy. You must be a turtle with epicness flowing from your veins...but u must not have veins, BUT SOMEHOW IT STILL WORKS
        #30    
      Old February 11th, 2012 (2:15 PM). Edited February 11th, 2012 by Dark Azelf.
      Dark Azelf's Avatar
      Dark Azelf Dark Azelf is offline
      Probably hates you.
      • Gold Tier
       
      Join Date: Jun 2007
      Age: 26
      Gender: Male
      Nature: Impish
      Posts: 7,146
      Quote:
      Originally Posted by TheBowsinator View Post
      the argument that you can simply eliminate all it's checks with stuff like dugtrio and wobbufet is retarded. You can do that for ANY pokemon. Say you think theres a superbroken pokemon, and the only counter are steel types; people would make the argument that you would just need a magenzone.

      Whats to say that dragonite isn't broken after all it's checks are removed by stuff like wobbufet and dugtrio?

      the argument that you can simply eliminate all it's checks with stuff like dugtrio and wobbufet is retarded. You can do that for ANY pokemon. Say you think theres a superbroken pokemon, and the only counter are steel types; people would make the argument that you would just need a magenzone.

      Whats to say that dragonite isn't broken after all it's checks are removed by stuff like wobbufet and dugtrio?

      People will use this argument to say that Pikachu can sweep any team if it's checks are gone, so it must be broken.
      Because Dragonite has more checks than steels ? See: things like Quagsire, Shed Shell Skarm, priority etc. Volc has pretty much 4 in the sun. Big difference.
      __________________
      This signature has been disabled.
      You\'ve been told enough times to remove this signature. Slandering a part of PokeCommunity is unacceptable.
      Please review and fix the issues by reading the signature rules.

      You must edit it to meet the limits set by the rules before you may remove the [sig-reason] code from your signature. Removing this tag will re-enable it.

      Do not remove the tag until you fix the issues in your signature. You may be infracted for removing this tag if you do not fix the specified issues. Do not use this tag for decoration purposes.
        #31    
      Old February 11th, 2012 (2:50 PM).
      Kyrk's Avatar
      Kyrk Kyrk is offline
      (╯°□°)╯︵ɔıb oן
         
        Join Date: Jan 2012
        Gender: Male
        Posts: 19
        As mentioned above, the argument that Volcarona should be banned because the rest of your team can clear its checks is rather silly; that's no different than the also silly "if x is gone y sweeps" argument.

        The counter argument to Volcarona's hazard+phazing trouble is a what-of scenario by using Wobuffett and Arena Trap Dugtrio. That not only applies what I said in the last paragraph, you're just stating reasons why Wobuffett and Dugtrio are broken...

        The difference between Volcarona and Ho-oh is that not only is Volcarona weak to Stealth Rocks, but it's also weak to spikes and toxic spikes. If Volcarona switches into SR and 3 layers of spikes, that's 75% of its health gone, MUCH more significant than with Ho-oh.

        To people still using "what-if" scenarios involving Rapid Spinner support...use a ghost pokemon on your team or phaze where it's impossible for them to switch into said Rapid Spinner.

        More counter to Volcarona, esp. with hazard support, are priority moves and Choice Scarf users, as priority outspeeds Volcarona despite any Quiver Dance boosts, and most Choice Scarf users can outspeed Volcarona after 1 Quiver Dance. I'll use Choice Band Azumarill and Choice Scarf Terrakion as examples.

        252Atk Terrakion (+Atk) Stone Edge vs 252HP/0Def Volcarona (Neutral): 272% - 320% (1020 - 1200 HP). Guaranteed OHKO. Scarfed Adamant set can outspeed +1 Timid Volcarona.

        252Atk Choice Band Huge Power Azumarill (+Atk) Aqua Jet vs 252HP/0Def Volcarona (Neutral): 90% - 107% (338 - 402 HP). Guaranteed 2HKO. 43% chance to OHKO.
        252Atk Choice Band Huge Power Azumarill (+Atk) Aqua Jet vs 0HP/0Def Volcarona (Neutral): 108% - 129% (338 - 402 HP). Guaranteed OHKO.
        252Atk Choice Band Huge Power Azumarill (+Atk) Aqua Jet in Sun vs 0HP/0Def Volcarona (Neutral): 54% - 65% (170 - 204 HP). Guaranteed 2HKO. Will 1HKO with SR up.
        252Atk Choice Band Huge Power Azumarill (+Atk) Aqua Jet in Sun vs 252HP/0Def Volcarona (Neutral): 45% - 54% (170 - 204 HP). Guaranteed 3HKO. 14% chance to 2HKO. Has a chance of 1HKO'ing with SR and guaranteed 1HKO with SR+1 layer of spikes.

        Basically in order to beat Volcarona, like any other sweeper, don't let it set up on you and you'll be fine.

        While there are candidates that deserve to be Uber, Volcarona is not one of them.
          #32    
        Old February 11th, 2012 (2:58 PM).
        TheBowsinator's Avatar
        TheBowsinator TheBowsinator is offline
        Pi Lieker
           
          Join Date: Apr 2011
          Age: 19
          Gender: Male
          Posts: 111
          Quote:
          Originally Posted by Dark Azelf View Post
          Because Dragonite has more checks than steels ? See: things like Quagsire, Shed Shell Skarm, priority etc. Volc has pretty much 4 in the sun. Big difference.
          The thing in the first paragraph is a theorymon example, the dragonite is just a closer to home example.
          __________________
          Legitness doesn't come easy. You must be a turtle with epicness flowing from your veins...but u must not have veins, BUT SOMEHOW IT STILL WORKS
            #33    
          Old February 12th, 2012 (1:33 AM).
          champagnepapi's Avatar
          champagnepapi champagnepapi is offline
          exile
          • Gold Tier
           
          Join Date: Nov 2010
          Location: new england
          Gender: Male
          Nature: Adamant
          Posts: 1,796
          Quote:
          Originally Posted by Kyrk View Post
          As mentioned above, the argument that Volcarona should be banned because the rest of your team can clear its checks is rather silly; that's no different than the also silly "if x is gone y sweeps" argument.

          The counter argument to Volcarona's hazard+phazing trouble is a what-of scenario by using Wobuffett and Arena Trap Dugtrio. That not only applies what I said in the last paragraph, you're just stating reasons why Wobuffett and Dugtrio are broken...

          The difference between Volcarona and Ho-oh is that not only is Volcarona weak to Stealth Rocks, but it's also weak to spikes and toxic spikes. If Volcarona switches into SR and 3 layers of spikes, that's 75% of its health gone, MUCH more significant than with Ho-oh.

          To people still using "what-if" scenarios involving Rapid Spinner support...use a ghost pokemon on your team or phaze where it's impossible for them to switch into said Rapid Spinner.

          More counter to Volcarona, esp. with hazard support, are priority moves and Choice Scarf users, as priority outspeeds Volcarona despite any Quiver Dance boosts, and most Choice Scarf users can outspeed Volcarona after 1 Quiver Dance. I'll use Choice Band Azumarill and Choice Scarf Terrakion as examples.

          252Atk Terrakion (+Atk) Stone Edge vs 252HP/0Def Volcarona (Neutral): 272% - 320% (1020 - 1200 HP). Guaranteed OHKO. Scarfed Adamant set can outspeed +1 Timid Volcarona.

          252Atk Choice Band Huge Power Azumarill (+Atk) Aqua Jet vs 252HP/0Def Volcarona (Neutral): 90% - 107% (338 - 402 HP). Guaranteed 2HKO. 43% chance to OHKO.
          252Atk Choice Band Huge Power Azumarill (+Atk) Aqua Jet vs 0HP/0Def Volcarona (Neutral): 108% - 129% (338 - 402 HP). Guaranteed OHKO.
          252Atk Choice Band Huge Power Azumarill (+Atk) Aqua Jet in Sun vs 0HP/0Def Volcarona (Neutral): 54% - 65% (170 - 204 HP). Guaranteed 2HKO. Will 1HKO with SR up.
          252Atk Choice Band Huge Power Azumarill (+Atk) Aqua Jet in Sun vs 252HP/0Def Volcarona (Neutral): 45% - 54% (170 - 204 HP). Guaranteed 3HKO. 14% chance to 2HKO. Has a chance of 1HKO'ing with SR and guaranteed 1HKO with SR+1 layer of spikes.

          Basically in order to beat Volcarona, like any other sweeper, don't let it set up on you and you'll be fine.

          While there are candidates that deserve to be Uber, Volcarona is not one of them.
          The game moves at a much faster pace than you're describing. Your opponent isn't going to simply let you set up every hazard and then spinblock them. Aqua Jet is the only priority that can actually dent Volcarona outside of CB Nite's Espeed and the rare Sucker Punch and the calcs in sun are nothing special, as there's a good chance that SR won't be up, and 3HKO's don't mean anything regarding to big threats like Volcarona. Also, it's hard to 'not let Volcarona set up on you'. Volcarona sets up on so many Pokemon it's ridiculous and Sun even allows it to set up on water types like Rotom-W. Easier said than done, really. Also no one runs adamant Scarf Terrakion.

          Honestly, I'm on the fence as to whether it should be banned, since you can usually beat it as long as you have something like Tran/Dnite/Gyara/Scarfer but can we at least not make bad arguments lol.
          __________________

          paired to kaori & vrai
           
          Quick Reply

          Sponsored Links
          Thread Tools

          Posting Rules
          You may not post new threads
          You may not post replies
          You may not post attachments
          You may not edit your posts

          BB code is On
          Smilies are On
          [IMG] code is On
          HTML code is Off

          Forum Jump


          All times are GMT -8. The time now is 4:17 AM.