• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Tales of Symphonia

Stevo-kun

Push to the limit, Give more!
Years
Ok guys Ill have Tales of Symphonia soon and I was wondering if any of you have played it cus I would like you to tll me if it is good and stuff XD.

Pokemon_Veteran

Kairi

The Original $staff_title
Years
  • Seen Feb 3, 2021
We had a very large and very fun thread on it before, as we all progressed through the game. ^_^ So yes, IMO it's a very good RPG, and there should be plenty of people here to help~

Mullet

Banned
Years
I got this game for Christmas! Even though I only started it yesterday, it's an awesome game, too bad I left my memory card at my friends house, and it's way too late to go over there, it's like 12:00 here, and there's a foot of snow on the ground! :D

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
Years
This can be the new progress thread for those of us who got this for Christmas, then. XD

<3 <3 <3 I'm loving it so far~~

PoKeSaFaRi

Former PokemonSafari Webmaster
Years
I got it too. I already got to Palmacosta, freed the Humans at the Palmacosta Human Ranch and I'm on my way to the Thoda Island where the Water Seige is found

Sorry if I messed up with some of the name locations, the game has text in Spanish...wish they were in english..the translation is quite poor. Hopefully, they kept the english voices, so I don't bother reading when they are talking :P

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
Years
Heh... I'm in... erm... the, um, wind place. o_O *is really, really bad with names*

I wish they'd kept the Japanese voices or something. XD Colette's voice is really starting to bug me now.

Stevo-kun

Years
Well Ive been watching a few vids and the combat system looks cool cus if im right it is nothing like say the FF system whereyou select a player and what they do and are the other ones there even if you play single player.

Pokemon_Veteran

SBaby

Dungeon Master
Years
  • Seen Apr 9, 2015
It's an ok game, but there are waaaaay too many cliches in it. I know some are unavoidable, but they could have used them a bit more sparingly. I did like the characters and the game itself tops 60 hours to finish (not long, but tons of time-consuming puzzles). Time is a big factor to me in RPGs. If they take awhile to beat, I'm happy, so that was quite nice.

Plus, they also evened out the difficulty. In Tales of Eternia, the last boss was too freaking difficult for a required enemy, and annoyingly resilient. They seem to have fixed this very nicely. In all, not a bad game.

Favorite Part:
Spoiler Alert:

My favorite part of the game, hands down, was when you return to Iselia on Disc 2 and Genis tells off the Mayor. It's so awesome, and kind of original. I've never played a game where you got kicked out of your home town and returned like that. I literally yelled, "FINALLY!!!!!".

I'm waiting for a main character to get kicked out of his/her town and have the town get attacked right after it happens. Then the townspeople will be like "Save us!", and the character will be like, "Sorry, I can't! You banished me from the village. I can't come back.". Then the character can just walk away. That would be my ideal banishment. Literally make it impossible to ever return.

Last edited:

Zapchu

Da' Evolution Chu
Years
This game is awesome, I'm still in the middle of playing the PS2 version for Tales of Symphonia. I'm also playing Tales of Phantasia. :O*** After playing it so many times, you kinda' get tired of using Lloyd, so I switched to Kratos.

The English voices are decent enough...Japanese ones are better though.

Stevo-kun

Years
Ok but there aint a PS2 verion of Tales of Symphonia cus it is a Gamecube Exclusive. Look

B000670JB2.02.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

Pokemon_Veteran

Last edited:

Kaiorga8929

lulz.
Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Oct 26, 2009
there IS indeed a PS2 version of Tales of Symphonia.. it was released not long (I think last month) in Japan and it's being released in America next year (2005 for those who are reading this after new year).. i guess..
here is a picture for the japanese PS2 version of Tales of Symphonia:
tosymphonia_ps2jpboxboxart_160w.jpg

it is the same game, just with remodelings from the gc version... the first I heard about it, i thought: "Namco, you are a TRAITOR!! how come you are using the gc to promote your game and then, remodeling to the PS2"... well, I have always supported the GC, so I'm liking the gc version better...

SBaby

Dungeon Master
Years
  • Seen Apr 9, 2015
Yeah, I heard of that. They're adding a few extra things to it too, including a couple new Dungeons (Think Time Guardian) and I think a new optional character (not sure if this part is true though). It's going to be a 1-discer though, not surprisingly. Also, I heard they might add a few new CG scenes to the game as well.

Game Informer may not be good at explaining endings of games (Resident Evil and FF7 come to mind), but they are usually pretty dead-on about news like that, so I'd say that this is probably going to be what we see in the PS2 version.

Can't wait to use an Infinite Soulfire code and finally finish Nephilim. That place is a pain in the rear...

(Maybe they'll tell us what the freaking Tree's name is now...)

Now if only Namco would make Xenosaga for Gamecube also...

Last edited:

Zapchu

Da' Evolution Chu
Years
So far in the gameplay it's quite the same as the GC version. The scene angles are sometimes different. The cool part is that each character has some new costumes~! Also some glitches were fixed...Colette's angel wings got an upgrade. There are also new combo unison skills.

Stevo-kun

Years
Well I don't know what the point was in Nintendo putting the "Only for" stamp on it if it is coming out on the PS2, it doesn't make sense to me XD.

Pokemon_Veteran

Zapchu

Da' Evolution Chu
Years
Nintendo's weird like that. xD But the PS2 version *is* different technically...so I guess "that" version is "exclusive" to the Gamecube system? *slaps Nintendo*

Flaming Torchic

HalOWNED!
Years
To answer your question PV, yes, this game truly is worth buying. I have to say that this is the most addicting game that I have ever played. I used to stay up all night playing this game just so I could get closer to the ending, and when it came, it was amazing.

Lightning said:
This can be the new progress thread for those of us who got this for Christmas, then. XD

<3 <3 <3 I'm loving it so far~~

It's about time that you got it, Lite (yes, that's your new nickname =P). I remember how you were complaining about not being able to get it until Christmas sometime in the Summer.

Stevo-kun

Years
Ok I got the game today XD. I've been playing it for about 8 hours I think and I've gotta find the guy with the key to Mana Tower in Asgald I think XD.

Pokemon_Veteran

Back