• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.
  • Want to share your adventures playing Pokémon?
    Check out our new Travel Journals forum for sharing playthroughs of ROM Hacks, Fan Games, and other Pokémon content!
  • IMPORTANT: Following a takedown request, the following hacks have been delisted from PokéCommunity:

• Pokémon Glazed
    • Pokémon: Giratina Strikes Back
    • Pokémon Flora Sky
    • Pokémon Stranded
    The downloads and discussion threads for these hacks will no longer be accessible, and staff will be unable to return questions regarding accessing this content.

Ultimate BW Pack for Pokémon Essentials

Animated or static sprites?

• Animated (+ Looks better, - Large files)

Votes: 458 74.2%
  • Static (+ Smaller files, - Looks worse)

Votes: 159 25.8%

• Total voters
Years
Yeah, transparency is a major issue.

EDIT: Took a look in Photoshop, the animations are all transparent. RMXP some how manages to screw it up.

not the case when i look at them in photoshop. are you looking at each frame or just opening the gif in photoshop how you would normally open an image?

if i open the gif so i see each frame then there is no transparent background. if i open it like a normal image then i just see the first frame, but it is transparent.

EDIT: however, using gimp to open the gifs results in all frames having transparent backgrounds. so you are correct

EDIT: i put together the gifs again as some pokemon are missing from the OPs pack. i hope this will fix the missing pokemon. it should fix any missing pokemon, including shinys and females. it doesnt include alternate forms

http://www.mediafire.com/?pxzfk6lvkmjokqc

it wont fix the problems with non transparent backgrounds though as that seems to be a problem with RMXP

Last edited:

nniwllehctim

Perfectionist (Spelling?) xD
Years
What scripts should be edited to make sure all Pokemon (including wild Pokemon, Pokemon fainting, and Pokemon in summary box stay at 200%? This would be really useful.

Years
  • Age 35
  • UK
  • Seen Jul 26, 2023
This pack is great, there is a problem with the latest animated sprites though, the shiny bak files for 023 to 063 are incorrectly named. 023 is named 024, 024 is named 025 etc.
Also 019 seems to have a white background

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Aug 20, 2012
I've got one question. What does it mean - "effects won't work" Attacks and abilities has no visual effects or they are simply not work?

Pharetra

zzzz
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Nov 23, 2021
This pack is great, there is a problem with the latest animated sprites though, the shiny bak files for 023 to 063 are incorrectly named. 023 is named 024, 024 is named 025 etc.
Also 019 seems to have a white background
I'll look into this, don't know yet when it will be fixed, I am pretty busy at the moment.

I've got one question. What does it mean - "effects won't work" Attacks and abilities has no visual effects or they are simply not work?
The attacks will deal damage, but special effects, like a 30% chance to poison the defending Pokemon, will not work. I hope I've clarified that now.

Years
  • Seen Mar 31, 2012
Great pack, thanks a lot. It needs effects of moves and abilities. It also needs Gen 5 items. I wish you would add them later.

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Dec 30, 2023
This is fantastic so far, however I do have one request. I ask that you make all sprite sizes the same (for the animated sprites) within a 120x120 box for example. And all positioned alike. Because if each image is a different size, they will not be positioned on the battle scene correctly. I know this because I've attempted it. If you did that through batch or other methods, it would really be a benefit.

Rayd12smitty

Shadow Maker
Years
  • Seen Feb 21, 2016
I agree with abnegation. And i noticed (sorry this might be fixed) with the download on the main thread post, sneasel is missing. I am not sure if others are too. I just noticed this because he is one of the starters in my fan game.

Maruno

Lead Dev of Pokémon Essentials
Years
This is fantastic so far, however I do have one request. I ask that you make all sprite sizes the same (for the animated sprites) within a 120x120 box for example. And all positioned alike. Because if each image is a different size, they will not be positioned on the battle scene correctly. I know this because I've attempted it. If you did that through batch or other methods, it would really be a benefit.
Which Essentials did you try this with? I thought I'd fixed all that.

Maruno

Lead Dev of Pokémon Essentials
Years
he means the gifs in this pack...
they are all different size...
changing it is alot of work thought... :P
I know what he meant. I was saying I thought Essentials compensated for different sprite dimensions, and showed them all properly (assuming the correct altitudes are set in pokemon.txt).

Years
  • Seen Jan 18, 2013
The spoiler instantly makes it seem like it isn't BW, since none of the spoiler image is. In the future, maybe include screenshots including BW graphics if you include BW Pack in the title.

Back