The PokéCommunity Forums Fan Games ROM Hacking
[ARCHIVE] Simple Questions (SEARCH BEFORE ASKING A QUESTION)

ROM Hacking Need a helping hand? You can get help on any ROM Hacking-related problems or questions you have here.

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
  #20551    
Old February 21st, 2012 (6:59 AM).
PaulieCZ's Avatar
PaulieCZ PaulieCZ is offline
     
    Join Date: Aug 2008
    Gender:
    Posts: 3
    Allright, guys. Sorry to bother you again, but after successfull start with remapping (working on a hack), I decided to insert some new sprites and change some pokemons. Well, worked without problem. Oshawott was in the game and so was Snivy. However, when I opened FSF to find some space for Tepig, I was given some space as usual, but this space is not chaning. Can't get new set of free bytes for inserting another sprites.

    I thought that my rom (FireRed) may be damaged somehow, so I tried another one, but after inserting same sprites, same problem popped up.

    Relevant Advertising!

      #20552    
    Old February 21st, 2012 (8:00 AM).
    redriders180's Avatar
    redriders180 redriders180 is offline
    Mastermind of Pokemon Glazed
       
      Join Date: Jun 2010
      Location: Path of Victory, Tunod
      Gender: Male
      Nature: Quirky
      Posts: 540
      Send a message via AIM to redriders180
      Quote:
      Originally Posted by Gafl View Post
      I see... I think. I'm sorry but I couldn't understand that last part. Did you mean 1MB for all of the .midi together or per?

      Another question. How feasible is it to change the way how text is displayed? Like instead of you just going up to a person, talking to them and text appearing at the bottom of the screen you go up to a person, talk to them but the screen turns a bit dark and a picture of the main character and the person they're talking to appear while the pictures sometimes change to convey emotions? Like in other RPGs?
      One way to do that is what speedster said, however I know for a fact I've seen a tutorial on how to make "mugshots" appear, and I've seen it in a hack too...I just don't know where the tutorial is. JPANs hack engine has a picture display command which will display images without having to substitute pokemon for it.

      Quote:
      Originally Posted by BDHORNZ View Post
      I have a question which came in my mind yesterday.is it possible to play hacks online? I want to play pokemon b/w online and I am playing Blaze Black(a b/w hack),so can I just play online
      with normal b/w players even though I play a hack??
      I've never been able to connect to other DS's via a computer, but using a flash cart to play a rom on a DS will work.

      Quote:
      Originally Posted by PaulieCZ View Post
      Allright, guys. Sorry to bother you again, but after successfull start with remapping (working on a hack), I decided to insert some new sprites and change some pokemons. Well, worked without problem. Oshawott was in the game and so was Snivy. However, when I opened FSF to find some space for Tepig, I was given some space as usual, but this space is not chaning. Can't get new set of free bytes for inserting another sprites.

      I thought that my rom (FireRed) may be damaged somehow, so I tried another one, but after inserting same sprites, same problem popped up.
      I'm not sure what chaning means, but maybe using wichu's sprite editor would help you.
      __________________


      I think I'm done with ROM hacking. I'll still pop in and visit, though.


        #20553    
      Old February 21st, 2012 (8:59 AM).
      Gafl's Avatar
      Gafl Gafl is offline
         
        Join Date: Sep 2011
        Gender: Male
        Posts: 5
        Quote:
        Originally Posted by Speedster View Post
        Well its not simple. It would be very hard to have the screen turn darker. I know that in FireRed (with a bit of ASM) you can go grayscale. Not sure if its possible in Ruby however. As for the faces it is very much possible in Ruby BUT you would have to place the mugshots in the sprite slot of normal pokemon. For example you could take away Mankey's battle sprite and put in your hero's mugshot. Then for each emotion of the person you would need a new pokemon to replace. However between Celebi and Treecko there are 25 ???'s that aren't used in the game in which you could replace first.
        Quote:
        Originally Posted by redriders180 View Post
        One way to do that is what speedster said, however I know for a fact I've seen a tutorial on how to make "mugshots" appear, and I've seen it in a hack too...I just don't know where the tutorial is. JPANs hack engine has a picture display command which will display images without having to substitute pokemon for it.
        Thank you both for your help. If you remember what hack had these "mugshots" then please inform me. I've played a hack of Emerald, I think it was Pokemon Skye or something like that, and they had pokemon from all 5 generations. What are the chances of success of getting all pokemon in a hack of Ruby along with completely new music for towns, routes, battles for the gym leaders, elite four, champion and individual music for 8 "teams" along with these "mugshots?"
          #20554    
        Old February 21st, 2012 (9:14 AM).
        droomph's Avatar
        droomph droomph is offline
        weeb
        • Crystal Tier
         
        Join Date: Sep 2011
        Location: nowhere spectacular
        Age: 20
        Gender: Male
        Nature: Impish
        Posts: 4,291
        Quote:
        Originally Posted by Gafl View Post
        Thank you both for your help. If you remember what hack had these "mugshots" then please inform me. I've played a hack of Emerald, I think it was Pokemon Skye or something like that, and they had pokemon from all 5 generations. What are the chances of success of getting all pokemon in a hack of Ruby along with completely new music for towns, routes, battles for the gym leaders, elite four, champion and individual music for 8 "teams" along with these "mugshots?"
        If you can manipulate the assembly code for these commands (and processes), and it's not over the limits of the computer hardware, then you can do it.
        __________________
        did u no there r 21 letters in the alphabet
        o i forgot 5
        uraqt


          #20555    
        Old February 21st, 2012 (9:25 AM).
        BDHORNZ BDHORNZ is offline
           
          Join Date: Feb 2012
          Gender: Male
          Posts: 9
          Are you referring to trade and such with normal player's or a MMORPG (Mega Multiplayer Online Role-Playing Game)? For the furthermost it would be a no. But for the first it may be possible if you are on a laptop that gets a Wi-Fi connection perhaps. I've never used a DS Emulator so I can't be sure.

          -------

          I mean that i use my R4-FLASHCARD with a hack of Pokemon White with new evolutions/attacks/types (Pokemon Blaze Black).I can use WIFI but I dont know if I can trade/battle with people playing the original Black and White,thats the question
            #20556    
          Old February 21st, 2012 (9:47 AM).
          Reygok's Avatar
          Reygok Reygok is offline
          Beginning Hacker
             
            Join Date: Sep 2009
            Gender: Male
            Posts: 60
            Quote:
            Originally Posted by Speedster View Post
            Why yes there is! It's not as simple to use as A-Text but it adds a lot more possibilities. You would have to use a script editor and the scripts are the movements, actions and words that happen during the game. I would recommend XSE (eXtreme Script Editor) in HackMew's Tools Factory. It is very useful but like I said its not easy to use like A-Text so refer to Diego's Scripting Tutorial for information on how to learn.
            I know quite well what scripting is but what I want is to change what Oak says in the intro, if this is possible with XSE, then please tell me how
              #20557    
            Old February 21st, 2012 (10:01 AM).
            Speedster's Avatar
            Speedster Speedster is offline
            The Unknown
               
              Join Date: Dec 2011
              Location: In the depths of space...
              Gender: Male
              Nature: Jolly
              Posts: 134
              Quote:
              Originally Posted by Reygok View Post
              I know quite well what scripting is but what I want is to change what Oak says in the intro, if this is possible with XSE, then please tell me how
              I did a quick Google search and I think I found someone who had your same problem. Here is a easiest way to change it without A-Text.

              Also if you are in desperate need of using A-Text instead tell me what error your getting, OK?
              __________________

              .:Aegis:.
              ~coming soon~
                #20558    
              Old February 21st, 2012 (10:04 AM).
              redriders180's Avatar
              redriders180 redriders180 is offline
              Mastermind of Pokemon Glazed
                 
                Join Date: Jun 2010
                Location: Path of Victory, Tunod
                Gender: Male
                Nature: Quirky
                Posts: 540
                Send a message via AIM to redriders180
                Quote:
                Originally Posted by BDHORNZ View Post
                Are you referring to trade and such with normal player's or a MMORPG (Mega Multiplayer Online Role-Playing Game)? For the furthermost it would be a no. But for the first it may be possible if you are on a laptop that gets a Wi-Fi connection perhaps. I've never used a DS Emulator so I can't be sure.

                -------

                I mean that i use my R4-FLASHCARD with a hack of Pokemon White with new evolutions/attacks/types (Pokemon Blaze Black).I can use WIFI but I dont know if I can trade/battle with people playing the original Black and White,thats the question
                In theory, it should work. The only forseeable problem I can think of is that the index numbers of the Pokemon in your hack and the index numbers of the Pokemon in the original game don't match, which would only occur if the hack had fakemon. Otherwise, go ahead and try!

                Quote:
                Originally Posted by Gafl View Post
                Thank you both for your help. If you remember what hack had these "mugshots" then please inform me. I've played a hack of Emerald, I think it was Pokemon Skye or something like that, and they had pokemon from all 5 generations. What are the chances of success of getting all pokemon in a hack of Ruby along with completely new music for towns, routes, battles for the gym leaders, elite four, champion and individual music for 8 "teams" along with these "mugshots?"
                The hack I was thinking of is this one.

                Quote:
                Originally Posted by Reygok View Post
                I know quite well what scripting is but what I want is to change what Oak says in the intro, if this is possible with XSE, then please tell me how
                If A-text is giving you problems, the best way would be to convert what Oak says into hex, and search for it with a hex editor. If your error message says something about a blahblahblah .OCX, you can actually download that file online to fix it up.
                __________________


                I think I'm done with ROM hacking. I'll still pop in and visit, though.


                  #20559    
                Old February 21st, 2012 (10:22 AM). Edited February 21st, 2012 by Reygok.
                Reygok's Avatar
                Reygok Reygok is offline
                Beginning Hacker
                   
                  Join Date: Sep 2009
                  Gender: Male
                  Posts: 60
                  Quote:
                  Originally Posted by redriders180 View Post
                  If A-text is giving you problems, the best way would be to convert what Oak says into hex, and search for it with a hex editor. If your error message says something about a blahblahblah .OCX, you can actually download that file online to fix it up.
                  Ahh, thanks, Ill try with Hex
                  I already found this .OCX thing online, but that didnt work for me
                  Thanks again

                  EDIT: Well, I don't know anything about Hex, I got an Editor now, but I can't find parts of what Oak is saying there. Should I just open the .gba file with the Hex Editor and then saerch for words? Converted into Hex, naturally, but just search?
                    #20560    
                  Old February 21st, 2012 (12:14 PM).
                  redriders180's Avatar
                  redriders180 redriders180 is offline
                  Mastermind of Pokemon Glazed
                     
                    Join Date: Jun 2010
                    Location: Path of Victory, Tunod
                    Gender: Male
                    Nature: Quirky
                    Posts: 540
                    Send a message via AIM to redriders180
                    Quote:
                    Originally Posted by Reygok View Post
                    Ahh, thanks, Ill try with Hex
                    I already found this .OCX thing online, but that didnt work for me
                    Thanks again
                    I'll save you the trouble. The hex offsets for the intro are as followed:

                    0x1C5C78 - Hello there, and Oak introducing himself
                    0x1C5D06 - This world...
                    0x1C5D12 - is inhabited by Pokemon
                    0x1C5D4B - Pokemon as pets, battling, or studying
                    0x1C5DBD - Tell me about yourself
                    0x1C59D5 - Boy or Girl?
                    0x1C5DEA - What's your name?
                    0x1C5E13 - Confirming your name
                    0x1C5E2E - My grandson, what's his name?
                    0x1C5EB5 - Was is [rival]?
                    0x1C5EC5 - I remember!
                    0x1C5EF4 - Final words, a legend begins.

                    Simply pulling these offsets in XSE won't work. I recommend making a signpost saying "msgbox OFFSET_YOU_WANT_TO_EDIT 0x6", and compiling it. Opening it up again will then display the offset's words, all ready for editing. However, if you need to make a script that's larger than the original, you'll have to repoint.
                    __________________


                    I think I'm done with ROM hacking. I'll still pop in and visit, though.


                      #20561    
                    Old February 21st, 2012 (12:33 PM).
                    Reygok's Avatar
                    Reygok Reygok is offline
                    Beginning Hacker
                       
                      Join Date: Sep 2009
                      Gender: Male
                      Posts: 60
                      Thanks man :D
                      But how can I find strings on my own? Because there are many other things I want to change, too..
                        #20562    
                      Old February 21st, 2012 (12:58 PM).
                      droomph's Avatar
                      droomph droomph is offline
                      weeb
                      • Crystal Tier
                       
                      Join Date: Sep 2011
                      Location: nowhere spectacular
                      Age: 20
                      Gender: Male
                      Nature: Impish
                      Posts: 4,291
                      Quote:
                      Originally Posted by Reygok View Post
                      Thanks man :D
                      But how can I find strings on my own? Because there are many other things I want to change, too..
                      This should help.

                      Or you can use "Advanced Text".
                      __________________
                      did u no there r 21 letters in the alphabet
                      o i forgot 5
                      uraqt


                        #20563    
                      Old February 21st, 2012 (1:09 PM). Edited February 21st, 2012 by Reygok.
                      Reygok's Avatar
                      Reygok Reygok is offline
                      Beginning Hacker
                         
                        Join Date: Sep 2009
                        Gender: Male
                        Posts: 60
                        Again, I don't need a link for diegoisawesome's tutorial, I read it 10 times already and used it a lot for my hack, I have a first town and the beginning of a storyline. I KNOW how to script.
                        What I want is change the whole Intro of the game (FireRed btw), the Items names, and so on, every little thing that's already in the game and written in CAPITAL letters. I want everything to be written normally, like in the DS games.
                        That's why I loved A-Text, but it's no longer working, I get that blabla.OCX error, and, no matter what I do, I can't fix it.


                        @redriders180
                        Thanks for your help, but I'm hacking a german version, so the offsets don't match here

                        Could the A-Text problem be caused by my Windows 7 64-bit? Because everything I do to fix it involves files with '32' in it?

                        EDIT: Foget about it, I found the solution I wonder why I did not try this earlier: Compatibility Mode. Now A-Text runs smoothly Now I could use a .ini for a german FireRed...

                        Whatever, new question:
                        I want to make it possible to run in houses, following this: http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=207026
                        BUT I don't know how to do this, can anybody pls help me?
                          #20564    
                        Old February 21st, 2012 (1:15 PM).
                        quickpokemon quickpokemon is offline
                           
                          Join Date: Jun 2011
                          Gender: Male
                          Posts: 7
                          when I was play testing my hack (fire red) while walking along route 15 my game just freezes. I didn't really do anything major that I haven't done to any other route (such as ad any scripts or change trainers). Why would this happen? Is there a way to fix it?
                            #20565    
                          Old February 21st, 2012 (2:22 PM).
                          Speedster's Avatar
                          Speedster Speedster is offline
                          The Unknown
                             
                            Join Date: Dec 2011
                            Location: In the depths of space...
                            Gender: Male
                            Nature: Jolly
                            Posts: 134
                            Quote:
                            EDIT: Foget about it, I found the solution I wonder why I did not try this earlier: Compatibility Mode. Now A-Text runs smoothly Now I could use a .ini for a german FireRed...

                            Whatever, new question:
                            I want to make it possible to run in houses, following this: http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=207026
                            BUT I don't know how to do this, can anybody pls help me?
                            The German FireRed INI most likely doesn't exist. You would have to have some one make it for you. Or just hack an English version and translaate it to German.

                            As for the running inside buildings, I had seen that thread long ago but discovered a MUCH easier way of doing it. It won't be the same since you have the German FireRed though but if you use an English version you would go to the offset 0xBD494 in a HEX Editor and change the value from 08 to 00.

                            Quote:
                            Originally Posted by quickpokemon View Post
                            when I was play testing my hack (fire red) while walking along route 15 my game just freezes. I didn't really do anything major that I haven't done to any other route (such as ad any scripts or change trainers). Why would this happen? Is there a way to fix it?
                            Well that doesn't help us much. Did you change any tile behavior bytes? Maybe a image of A-Map in the Events tab would help us figure out your problem.
                            __________________

                            .:Aegis:.
                            ~coming soon~
                              #20566    
                            Old February 21st, 2012 (3:10 PM).
                            darkprince909 darkprince909 is offline
                               
                              Join Date: May 2008
                              Gender:
                              Posts: 79
                              Is there any way to make the doors on Emerald behave the same way the doors on Firered do? I mean the number of tiles that the animation uses. If not, It's no big deal and I can just edit the door animations to look like that. And I still haven't been able to figure out how to use the cmda6 command for the snowy grass that I posted 2 pages ago. If someone that knows how to use these things could PM me, I'd appreciate it.
                                #20567    
                              Old February 21st, 2012 (3:27 PM).
                              redriders180's Avatar
                              redriders180 redriders180 is offline
                              Mastermind of Pokemon Glazed
                                 
                                Join Date: Jun 2010
                                Location: Path of Victory, Tunod
                                Gender: Male
                                Nature: Quirky
                                Posts: 540
                                Send a message via AIM to redriders180
                                Multiquote has officially become my new best friend. I still need to know where the amount of money the player has is stored in memory, so if anyone can tell me, that'd be awesome

                                Quote:
                                Originally Posted by Reygok View Post
                                Thanks man :D
                                But how can I find strings on my own? Because there are many other things I want to change, too..
                                There's a mini-tutorial on strings about three pages back on this thread. Basically, each letter in the game is a different byte. Just make a long string of bytes to write things, and you can also search for these strings in the ROM to edit them in a hex editor.

                                Quote:
                                Originally Posted by darkprince909 View Post
                                Is there any way to make the doors on Emerald behave the same way the doors on Firered do? I mean the number of tiles that the animation uses. If not, It's no big deal and I can just edit the door animations to look like that. And I still haven't been able to figure out how to use the cmda6 command for the snowy grass that I posted 2 pages ago. If someone that knows how to use these things could PM me, I'd appreciate it.
                                I thought I'd already cleared this up. I'm almost 100% sure the cmda06 command has nothing to do with the snowy tiles, and instead has something to do with Soot Sack. This is based on a video I saw stating that cmda06 is a way to make tiles do certain ASM code. I do not know in what way this work, but it is not relevant. The snowy/ash grass instead works like a setmaptile command on each grass tile. When you step on it, it changes the snowy grass to the not-snowy grass, and adds a little puff on ash for realism. It won't work right if its got something on the layer above it. This is supported by the original game, where none of the ash grass tiles are behind any trees. The only solution you can do is either turn the ash grass into a tile animation like the tall grass, or not put snowy grass behind a tree. Both of these are easily do-able, as I've seen a post somewhere on the research and development on making different grass animations.
                                __________________


                                I think I'm done with ROM hacking. I'll still pop in and visit, though.


                                  #20568    
                                Old February 21st, 2012 (3:37 PM).
                                quickpokemon quickpokemon is offline
                                   
                                  Join Date: Jun 2011
                                  Gender: Male
                                  Posts: 7
                                  Quote:
                                  Originally Posted by Speedster View Post

                                  Well that doesn't help us much. Did you change any tile behavior bytes? Maybe a image of A-Map in the Events tab would help us figure out your problem.
                                  Here is a picture:
                                  once I pass the red line is when my game freezes

                                  2labn2o.png
                                    #20569    
                                  Old February 21st, 2012 (3:43 PM).
                                  droomph's Avatar
                                  droomph droomph is offline
                                  weeb
                                  • Crystal Tier
                                   
                                  Join Date: Sep 2011
                                  Location: nowhere spectacular
                                  Age: 20
                                  Gender: Male
                                  Nature: Impish
                                  Posts: 4,291
                                  Quote:
                                  Originally Posted by quickpokemon View Post
                                  Here is a picture:
                                  once I pass the red line is when my game freezes

                                  Attachment 63502
                                  Try getting a new ROM. Sometimes these things happen, and the only way to solve them is to start all over again.
                                  __________________
                                  did u no there r 21 letters in the alphabet
                                  o i forgot 5
                                  uraqt


                                    #20570    
                                  Old February 21st, 2012 (3:57 PM).
                                  darkprince909 darkprince909 is offline
                                     
                                    Join Date: May 2008
                                    Gender:
                                    Posts: 79
                                    Quote:
                                    Originally Posted by redriders180 View Post
                                    I thought I'd already cleared this up. I'm almost 100% sure the cmda06 command has nothing to do with the snowy tiles, and instead has something to do with Soot Sack. This is based on a video I saw stating that cmda06 is a way to make tiles do certain ASM code. I do not know in what way this work, but it is not relevant. The snowy/ash grass instead works like a setmaptile command on each grass tile. When you step on it, it changes the snowy grass to the not-snowy grass, and adds a little puff on ash for realism. It won't work right if its got something on the layer above it. This is supported by the original game, where none of the ash grass tiles are behind any trees. The only solution you can do is either turn the ash grass into a tile animation like the tall grass, or not put snowy grass behind a tree. Both of these are easily do-able, as I've seen a post somewhere on the research and development on making different grass animations.
                                    Well I looked at the tutorial for cmda6, and there was nothing mentioned about the soot sack specifically. My guess is this particular tile with the particular tile behavior reacts to the cmda6 script. I tested these tiles on a map without this script and there was no animation and no finding of wild pokemon. And it also does work when theres something on the top layer as well. The problem I was having with it was that I don't know how to link specific tiles together for the script to change them how I need them to. The snow covered grass always changed to the grass with the snow shaken off. Every other block in the tileset that i give this behavior byte to always switches to a certain other block in the tileset, which I put one half of the tree on. So basically, half of the tree with grass behind it works. What I need to know is if theres a way to manually link the blocks together so that I could have a certain block always change to a certain other block, like how the normal snow-covered grass always changes to the grass with the snow shaken off, when I have this script active.

                                    It'd be similar to this, I'm guessing, except say the red blocks were normal snow grass, blue was the left side of the tree, and white is the right side of the tree
                                    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P0aQHash9rE

                                    Sorry if I'm just missing something, but I don't think you quite understood what I was asking with that, and I might not have explained it as well as I could have.
                                      #20571    
                                    Old February 21st, 2012 (4:55 PM).
                                    redriders180's Avatar
                                    redriders180 redriders180 is offline
                                    Mastermind of Pokemon Glazed
                                       
                                      Join Date: Jun 2010
                                      Location: Path of Victory, Tunod
                                      Gender: Male
                                      Nature: Quirky
                                      Posts: 540
                                      Send a message via AIM to redriders180
                                      Quote:
                                      Originally Posted by darkprince909 View Post
                                      Well I looked at the tutorial for cmda6, and there was nothing mentioned about the soot sack specifically. My guess is this particular tile with the particular tile behavior reacts to the cmda6 script. I tested these tiles on a map without this script and there was no animation and no finding of wild pokemon. And it also does work when theres something on the top layer as well. The problem I was having with it was that I don't know how to link specific tiles together for the script to change them how I need them to. The snow covered grass always changed to the grass with the snow shaken off. Every other block in the tileset that i give this behavior byte to always switches to a certain other block in the tileset, which I put one half of the tree on. So basically, half of the tree with grass behind it works. What I need to know is if theres a way to manually link the blocks together so that I could have a certain block always change to a certain other block, like how the normal snow-covered grass always changes to the grass with the snow shaken off, when I have this script active.

                                      It'd be similar to this, I'm guessing, except say the red blocks were normal snow grass, blue was the left side of the tree, and white is the right side of the tree
                                      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P0aQHash9rE

                                      Sorry if I'm just missing something, but I don't think you quite understood what I was asking with that, and I might not have explained it as well as I could have.
                                      Of course it's possible I was wrong. The only reason I assumed cmda06 wasn't necessary was because the tutorial for unlocking it in Firered made no mention of it. My assumption of the background bytes not working was because of the same tutorial, which only has a spot for inputting the ashy grass, the grass with ashy background, and the normal grass, and nothing else, but that may be because of the script.

                                      I assume (not like my assumptions seem to ever hold true) that there's a sort of table in the rom, which cmda06 calls. assuming that you could find this, you could write another ASM script which would handle the background tree tiles, and put it in the table in question. The simplest way, in my opinion, would be to add setmaptile scripts to each place underneath the tree, and play the animation involved with the puff of ash. All of these things I believe you can access in a script. setanimation and doanimation can play the puff of dust. (0x7 is the ashgrass dust cloud, but the list I have also says it does a setmaptile part, so 0xA should also work [0xA is the dust cloud when the player jumps off a ledge])

                                      And you explained it perfectly clear, i was just being stupid, so no hard feelings?
                                      __________________


                                      I think I'm done with ROM hacking. I'll still pop in and visit, though.


                                        #20572    
                                      Old February 21st, 2012 (5:44 PM).
                                      Speedster's Avatar
                                      Speedster Speedster is offline
                                      The Unknown
                                         
                                        Join Date: Dec 2011
                                        Location: In the depths of space...
                                        Gender: Male
                                        Nature: Jolly
                                        Posts: 134
                                        Quote:
                                        Originally Posted by redriders180 View Post
                                        I still need to know where the amount of money the player has is stored in memory, so if anyone can tell me, that'd be awesome.
                                        Did you need to change the starting amount? I know there is a program. If not I might be able to find the offset here somewhere...
                                        __________________

                                        .:Aegis:.
                                        ~coming soon~
                                          #20573    
                                        Old February 21st, 2012 (10:56 PM).
                                        quickpokemon quickpokemon is offline
                                           
                                          Join Date: Jun 2011
                                          Gender: Male
                                          Posts: 7
                                          Quote:
                                          Originally Posted by droomph View Post
                                          Try getting a new ROM. Sometimes these things happen, and the only way to solve them is to start all over again.
                                          eh well that kinda sucks lol. I just changed the connections and removed the route :\
                                            #20574    
                                          Old February 22nd, 2012 (7:25 AM).
                                          redriders180's Avatar
                                          redriders180 redriders180 is offline
                                          Mastermind of Pokemon Glazed
                                             
                                            Join Date: Jun 2010
                                            Location: Path of Victory, Tunod
                                            Gender: Male
                                            Nature: Quirky
                                            Posts: 540
                                            Send a message via AIM to redriders180
                                            Quote:
                                            Originally Posted by Speedster View Post
                                            Did you need to change the starting amount? I know there is a program. If not I might be able to find the offset here somewhere...
                                            It's not that I need to change the starting amount, I just need it for a "secret word" type script. I want to make the word in question depend on some random factors, like the amount of money the player has. Although I really hope it isnt one of those protected offsets...
                                            __________________


                                            I think I'm done with ROM hacking. I'll still pop in and visit, though.


                                              #20575    
                                            Old February 22nd, 2012 (8:10 AM).
                                            refep's Avatar
                                            refep refep is offline
                                               
                                              Join Date: Jul 2011
                                              Gender: Male
                                              Nature: Bold
                                              Posts: 62
                                              How do I edit ruby's intro sprites without pokepic?
                                              __________________
                                              You like lets play?



                                              Then go to
                                              Pokemon Choas Black.
                                              OR
                                              Fire Emblem

                                              I think you'll like it.
                                              Closed Thread
                                              Quick Reply

                                              Sponsored Links
                                              Thread Tools

                                              Posting Rules
                                              You may not post new threads
                                              You may not post replies
                                              You may not post attachments
                                              You may not edit your posts

                                              BB code is On
                                              Smilies are On
                                              [IMG] code is On
                                              HTML code is Off

                                              Forum Jump


                                              All times are GMT -8. The time now is 11:49 AM.