• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Pokémon] ~>{*Shiny Hunters Club}<~

Years
Congratulations on the magby and the snivy! Sorry about the electrode, that stinks!
So an update.
Basically I have just been hatching slugma (I'm hatching them right now as we speak) and then meandering around the bug catching contest whenever it occurs...
I think after slugma and tangela, I will go for a shiny pinsir. It's slowly growing on me.
I'd like to think I have hatched a little over 500 slugma eggs, since I can breed/hatch around thirty in an hour, its been around four days...
Unfortunately, MMing is not growing on me. I think I prefer SRing and REing since they feel like they go faster and i don't have to pay as much attention to the game... MMing feels like I'm stuck in traffic, while REing/SRing feels like I'm driving on the highway, even if it takes longer haha.
Good luck to everyone!

NightOfRemorse

my anxieties have anxieties
Years
I think I'll definitely give the March Contest a try. Even though shiny Caterpie is yellow, would it count for the contest if I evolve it into a Butterfree?
Butterfree(DPPt)ShinySprite.png

If I manage to hatch the Caterpie, I'll go back to my friend's Eevee and hatch in turbo mode so I can then hatch either Teddiursa or Chansey afterwards. *green shinies ftw*

Darn it G-Money, I wish I could clone myself. xD!

G-Money

Polychromatic Iridescence
Years
2345 Eevee would like to thank TSE for showing G-Money a funny number! He had never thought of that before. :cer_laugh:
500 Snivy.

Even though shiny Caterpie is yellow, would it count for the contest if I evolve it into a Butterfree?

Yes! I probably should've mentioned that in the post about the Quest. I'll edit that into posts. For example, Eevee counts for the contest, but only if you evolve it into Espeon, Leafeon, or Jolteon (??).

I need to clear something up here. Doesn't this also include Darkrai and Shaymin also? I need them for my Sinnoh SR quest, and I intend to get to them via AR. I am going to do this even if for some reason it is not acceptable, since it is for my private quest and not an official one, but I for one believe Darkrai and Shaymin should be accepted, especially since tweaking is not possible in Platinum. :)

there is no way to edit a quote into a post. :(

The reason Shaymin and Darkrai aren't counted for club contests when gotten by teleporting with AR is because it's possible to get them legally on mainstream games. But we'll still wish you good luck! ;)

Also, you can edit a quote into a post! Go quote the post and do whatever you do as if you were making a new post, but before hitting the post button, copy everything, go back to your post, edit, and paste it at the end!

Back again.... another shiny encounter.... failed.... all because of this....
pkrssh085.gif
THING that selfedestruched in my face!!!!
it even has a trollface on it!

That's terrible!! I'm really sorry to hear that, HaloSonic. I hope you can reclaim it soon.

"lol" @ the trollface

Omfg shiny magby hatch from the odd egg in my crystal in 105 SR... March Madness coming quick for me... omg he look so cool.

Congrats!! That's an insanely, ridiculously long hunt: the odds for the Odd Egg are 1/7!! 105 is wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy over average (1500%!!)! To put that in perspective, you did the equivalent of 122,880 SRs/REs!!

Also, I never mentioned that the contests don't include 2nd gen games, so your hunting in Crystal is fine through the end of March. I'll make sure to put it in the rules for next contest, but because I forgot to, you get to hunt there for the rest of the month. :)

Does fishing count for the Encounter portion of the Yearly Shiny Quest?

Yes! Fishing counts as encountering!

Shiny Snivy!

Congrats - you won the race!! Way to go, TSE! You really deserved it after so many eggs!

MMing feels like I'm stuck in traffic, while REing/SRing feels like I'm driving on the highway, even if it takes longer haha.

"lol" I know how you feel, but with 3rd gen vs. 5th gen. I was dual hunting Eevee and Snivy all last night, and I could do about 4 Eevee for each Snivy! :pink_laugh:

Years
  • Seen Jun 2, 2012
Wow I just got me dsi and 3ds with Pokemon heartgold soulsilver and Pokemon white. I was hunting on my heartgold and soulsilver for starter and in 458 SR shiny totodile appeared with adamant nature with 31 IV attack!!!!!! Omg I getting so lucky! Thank you guys for so much luck!

Latios Master

11 Year PC Member
Years
Congrats on the shiny Totodile, KaosDarkrai!

This week's random hunt is... Mudkip!

Litwick: 2,750
Sandile: 200
Totodile: 21
Marill: 14

I will be hunting Marill and Druddigon for the rest of the month. I'll spend a little bit of time MMing Absol again and Pawniard with Sucker Punch too.

Skitty1

Highlight my signature :)
Years
  • Seen Jul 20, 2012
I have a Skitty (shiny) on HG which was traded over from Emerald :D...

CRtuO.png

CarefulWetPaint

Doctor Lobotomy
Years
Hi everybody!
Just dropping in to say congratulations to everyone getting shinys!
Im current SRing for an eevee on HG so I can get a shiny Umbreon <3
Also doing 150 encounters on every route and current up to about 2000 encounters through this and about 1000 SRs on eevee, So frustrated Ive been starting to nickname them "Shine" or "Shiny" :(

Steven

[i]h e l p[/i]
Years
  • Age 31
  • Ohio
  • Seen Jan 4, 2023
So, I have started a new hunt..or should I say a new series of hunts. I just finished playing through Ruby with only Sceptile (and got to 100 before the E4 so everyone was annihalated.)

Anyways, my goal is to reclaim all my lost shinies since many of my shinies lost were actually in Ruby or are available in Ruby.

Currently I am hunting Wobbeffet (which was originally found in Emerald's Safari Zone and it fled) and I am already 1026 encounters in. The list of my lost shinies are:

Wurmple - Found in Ruby before getting PokeDex.
Wurmple - Found in Ruby, started a new game and lost it.
Voltorb - Same as above.
Golbat - Same as above (although I think I am going to skip this one since I already have a Shiny Golbat and Crobat.)
Regirock - Found in Ruby, didn't realize it was shiny until I battled a normal one.
Tentacool - Found in HG or SS, lost save file.
Roselia - Found in Platinum, started a new game and lost it.
(now for the ones not able to be hunted in Ruby)
Shellos East - Found in Platinum, started a new game and lost it.
Timburr - That's right, during my 150 encounters on every route I found a shiny Timburr and didn't realize until I clicked run. ;_;

Skitty1

Years
  • Seen Jul 20, 2012
^Are you playing on an emulator or the actual console?

Years
I would guess I am nearing 750 slugma. I can tell I will be ecstatic when I do find this one, because whenever I tilt the ds to make it appear shiny, my heart skips a beat lol

On another note, my sapphire's internal battery is dead, can I still SR?
Because I was hoping for a treecko...

Good luck to everyone on their hunts. (And congrats on the skitty whether it was recent or not. If you found that in the wild, you have some serious luck!)

Years
  • Seen Dec 13, 2013
I would guess I am nearing 750 slugma. I can tell I will be ecstatic when I do find this one, because whenever I tilt the ds to make it appear shiny, my heart skips a beat lol

Good luck to everyone on their hunts. (And congrats on the skitty whether it was recent or not. If you found that in the wild, you have some serious luck!)

no, unfortunately you cannot reset in a dead internal Battery Third Gen game. which is unfortunate, as i wanted a Treecko myself, and i reset for at least 4 months for it and it never showed.

so for me, in Platinum i decided to move from Mt. Coronet to Wayward Cave's Basement, where Gible is seen. i hope i get Gible, or Onix. Zubat and Geodude, go away.

also, why is it i only see at most 4 people in that new chat room? i would like to talk to more than two people at a time

Skitty1

Years
  • Seen Jul 20, 2012

At first I had no idea it was rare I saw it and it looked cute so I figured why not and caught it. I was able to transfer her onto Soul Silver but I could not get her into White. So I used a save game editor and made a Skitty clone except the bastard will not listen to me now that he is past lv. 10 :( I need to figure out a fix... it seems like with emulators its 1 step forward and than 2 steps back....

Years
Ohh man, now I need to finish that Druddigon hunt!
I don't really need any prep done for it. I'll just pop in my White and begin REing in the dragonspiral tower ground floor. I'll switch to breeding if Axiom 22 strikes.

Steven

[i]h e l p[/i]
Years
  • Age 31
  • Ohio
  • Seen Jan 4, 2023
^Are you playing on an emulator or the actual console?

I'm triple hunting on my two SPs and DS lite. Went and bought a used Ruby for 10 bucks to do it. o3o

Edit
Spoiler:

OMG SHINY ODDISH APPEARED IN RUBY SAFARI ZONE!

I caught it on the second ball, nearly had a heart attack when it broke out. lol I love Shiny Bellossom so I am really happy (it's Bashful by the way.) Still have to keep hunting there, though!

It appeared around the 1090th encounter. I just calculated the average amount of encounters I did in the first 10 runs then used that average as the number of Pokemon I found everytime. Might have been more or less. Sorry about the picture, I was in class when it came so I had to take the picture with my cell phone and that was the only one that actually focused. No video. :(

Edit: At 304 now in the Safari Zone. I am swarming Surskit on Route 114 so I am hunting there until that's over..

Last edited:

SS01

#PoC Collab
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Jul 18, 2016
1940 Viridian Forest encounters.
466 Snivy.
77 Rayquaza.

Congrats!

Nothing much going on here, Viridian Forest still my main hunt, hoping to get something before 3000. I also plan to start REing for Wingull/Pelliper on route 13 in black, I wanted something for the March contest, and shiny Wingull and Pelliper both have green on their wings. And we certainly do need more people in the chat, on that topic, I need to see what you think about something. You see, the other PC IRC's (#tradecorner,#pokemonclubs,#thepokecommunity) are all on the systemnet server. Several admins from those servers believe we should move the channel there. You see, everything kind of works together over there, you're admin on one channel, you're admin on all of them, which may draw some more attention in our channel. If Ozzy's in a good mood, I'll get him to mention us in the #pokemonclubs topic, which should certainly draw attention. The channel's already made, I just have to get you guys to tell me what you think. In addition, we could get on the channel significantly easier this way: all you need to do is click this link, enter a nick, and click go. I strongly recommend we do this, but I want to see what you guys think. So, let me know!

EDIT: After advice from the mods, the channel has been moved. To join, click this link enter a nickname, and click go. The old channel's topic has been updated to say this, I'll be in there for the next few days to make sure everyone knows. See ya! Also forgot to mention I'm racing against Keruso for electric type now, he's doing them in the Power Plant.

EDIT II: 2012 Pikachu! :cer_laugh:

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Dec 13, 2013
Also forgot to mention I'm racing against Keruso for Pikachu now, he's doing them in the Power Plant.

no, no, no. i said an "Electric" Race, not a Pikachu race. Pika is only 25% in FireRed's Power Plant. And since the Power Plant is not a Screen Cap in HG/SS, i decided to pick this hunt up, mainly because i dont have any of the Pokes here. I also might, if i dont get my Abra in SoulSilver, Reset for Abra at the game corner

Once i get something to shine in Wayward Cave (Gible please) in Pearl, im going to make my way to SR for Regigigas, as i do have all three Regi's (two shiny, one not) in that game.

....................god, i have a lot of hunts going on

SS01

#PoC Collab
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Jul 18, 2016
2222 Pikachu! :P
466 Snivy.
77 Rayquaza.

no, no, no. i said an "Electric" Race, not a Pikachu race.

Yes yes, my mistake. We are having an electric race. Pikachu's being a huge pain, he still won't shine, and I SO want to SR starters, if I see a cheap used HG I might pick it up. If not I might give up on this one and resume when I get to Viridian forest again, but I don't really want to, with all these encounters in. Bye!

Arceus Whisper

Shiny Hunter
Years
Congratulations to everyone on their shinies as for myself...

My Hunts:
1950 Charmander
644 Relic Castle

I started the relic castle hunt this morning after seeing nearly 2000 non-shiny charmanders, I'm not giving up on charmander, just putting it on hold for a little might pick it up later this weekend but idk hunting in relic castle is nice cause whether i find a shiny sandile or yamask i dont really care (well i do I would prefer yamask cause cofagrigus is beast) anyway wish me luck and good luck to your selves

Years
Ah! Haven't posted in a while...

Congratulations to everyone on their shinies as for myself...

My Hunts:
1950 Charmander
644 Relic Castle

I started the relic castle hunt this morning after seeing nearly 2000 non-shiny charmanders, I'm not giving up on charmander, just putting it on hold for a little might pick it up later this weekend but idk hunting in relic castle is nice cause whether i find a shiny sandile or yamask i dont really care (well i do I would prefer yamask cause cofagrigus is beast) anyway wish me luck and good luck to your selves

I'm sure you'll get Charmander soon! Good luck on both hunts :)

I'm triple hunting on my two SPs and DS lite. Went and bought a used Ruby for 10 bucks to do it. o3o

Edit
Spoiler:

I caught it on the second ball, nearly had a heart attack when it broke out. lol I love Shiny Bellossom so I am really happy (it's Bashful by the way.) Still have to keep hunting there, though!

It appeared around the 1090th encounter. I just calculated the average amount of encounters I did in the first 10 runs then used that average as the number of Pokemon I found everytime. Might have been more or less. Sorry about the picture, I was in class when it came so I had to take the picture with my cell phone and that was the only one that actually focused. No video. :(

Edit: At 304 now in the Safari Zone. I am swarming Surskit on Route 114 so I am hunting there until that's over..

Congratulations on both finding an awesome shiny, and catching it, considering it's the Safari Zone! I hope you get another Shiny soon :D

2222 Pikachu! :P
466 Snivy.
77 Rayquaza.

Yes yes, my mistake. We are having an electric race. Pikachu's being a huge pain, he still won't shine, and I SO want to SR starters, if I see a cheap used HG I might pick it up. If not I might give up on this one and resume when I get to Viridian forest again, but I don't really want to, with all these encounters in. Bye!

Ooh! Good luck on your new race! :D

As for my hunts:

I'm triple SRing Articuno, Ho-oh and Kyurem. As soon as I get any I will SR Giratina, but I was too lazy to get further in my Platinum, and my White file hasn't caught Kyurem yet.. so it seemed a good idea! Haha!

Articuno: 2130 SRs
Ho-oh: 2134 SRs
Kyurem: 555 SRs

I want Ho-oh first, really, or I'd be pleased with Articuno. I want Shiny Kyurem but it's my least favourite of them.
(March madness please?)
I hope I get something soon!
TSE

Back