• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Re-instate the name change feature

Years
If we have the new server to do it now, why don't we bring them back, since you know, we can now?

Maybe we should add a donation feature in order to get one now, as it would make us a lot of money?

Discuss

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Dec 30, 2023
Yeah I'm tired of seeing the numbers in your username at this stage.

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
Mods with usernames suck ass. They deserve name changes if nothing else.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
No just have changes for us, wtf guys, you talk as if members won't abuse them... And we all know they will. :(

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 1, 2024
No just have changes for us, wtf guys, you talk as if members won't abuse them... And we all know they will. :(
I hope you're joking. If not, are you ****ing stupid? That's the dumbest idea ever. The members already think we're power hungry people to begin with - at least that's the impression I get. I don't think we need to be adding fuel to the fire by restricting username changes to us and us alone. Use your head for crying out loud. If you took a bit of time to think before you post these messages, it'd do a lot of good.

Last edited by a moderator:

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
Well we all know the real reason name changes were originally taken away was because the upper staff at the time got sick of the members abusing the changes, from what I read back on. Honestly, it's either us or none at all, the members won't be able to handle it. If so make it a crazy high price like $100, so it won't be abused so quickly.

Shining Raichu

Expect me like you expect Jesus.
Years
I've always thought that the donating for name changes idea was fantastic. It would bring more money into the forum and the fact that donations are required would slow down demand enough that it wouldn't be too much of a strain on the server. If the members don't like that you have to pay, well... at the very least having the option there is better than having nothing at all.

I've heard this idea was knocked down in the past, which seems incredibly stupid to me. I mean, It's a win/win!

Ivysaur

Grass dinosaur extraordinaire
Years
I hope you're joking. If not, are you ****ing stupid? That's the dumbest idea ever. The members already think we're power hungry people to begin with - at least that's the impression I get. I don't think we need to be adding fuel to the fire by restricting username changes to us and us alone. Use your head for crying out loud. If you took a bit of time to think before you post these messages, it'd do a lot of good.

Says the person who would change his name every week if he could. I don't stand your hypocrisy, Nick. I won't ever change my username but I think it's good if we make the members pay for one name change. Think of it as a regular videogame DLC. That way we can get enough money to finaly share profits at the end of the month, we haven't seen a single cent since we started to switch servers every ****ing month.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 1, 2024
Uhhhh? I think you misunderstood my post, Wentos. I was talking about Nica's idea of restricting username changes to staff alone.

Mr Cat Dog

Frasier says it best
Years
As an ex-S-Mod as well as Führer of PokéCommunity, I'mma leave you with what I said in the mod perks thread.
Mr Cat Dog said:
name changes are for pansy-ass mother****ers that can't commit to one thing

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
Years
I am willing to donate as much money as I can in order to get rid of the 90! :(

We're not power hungry, we just sorta deserve it.

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
I wouldn't mind seeing donations for a name change work out. That at least makes sense.

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Dec 30, 2023
As an ex-S-Mod as well as Führer of PokéCommunity, I'mma leave you with what I said in the mod perks thread.
god do you have to relate to you being an ex-smod and Führer in every post? we get it, like 5 years ago. you should change your name to ex-smod cat dog!

Mr Cat Dog

Frasier says it best
Years
As an ex-S-Mod as well as Führer of PokéCommunity you obviously DON'T get it. It was 7 years ago, bruv! And I don't need to change my name because I'm secure in my identity! (Unlike some people here, apparently...)

Last edited:
Years
No, this should definitely be staff only. Just because we can.

Unless those donations go back to reinstating the pay system.

tumblr_lzpwkxYoae1rpkveno1_500.gif

Kano Shuuya

→ you're here, aren't you?
Years
As an ex-S-Mod as well as Führer of PokéCommunity you obviously DON'T get it. It was 7 years ago, bruv! And I don't need to change my name because I'm secure in my identity! (Unlike some people here, apparently...)

Well, you're not an s-mod now, are you?

/sigh

Anyway, I still don't trust name changes, and they're so much of a hassle. Who says the database can handle it? What if it crashes soon after we bring them back? This is why PC can't have nice things, it breaks. :/ I'd be all for testing name changes on staff first, so that it's just a few of us. After that if it's safe enough.. maybe the members can take a stab at it? They're just so much trouble, and plenty of members don't even care about them anymore.

Nihilego

[color=#95b4d4]ユービーゼロイチ パラサイト[/color]
Years
Do it. Mods only. Problems solved. As Syd said, "mods with usernames suck ass". We should ALL have different names.

Back