• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[PKMN FULL] Pokemon Odyssey: A New Beginning (T) [OOC +SU)

What would you like more of in this Roleplay?

• Fighting. More fighting!

Votes: 6 11.8%
  • Character interaction. Get to know each other more.

Votes: 8 15.7%
  • Deeper storyline: more drama, more comedy, more romance.

Votes: 17 33.3%
  • Side stories. A few adventures away from the main plot.

Votes: 12 23.5%
  • More flexible plot. Plot decided in part by the RPers.

Votes: 3 5.9%
  • The Roleplay is fine as is.

Votes: 2 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 5.9%

• Total voters

SV

See You Space Cowboy
Years
  • Seen Feb 7, 2022
Hey guys, a little notice I think I need to point out. I do try to enforce the posting rule to an extent, and I do try to keep track at everyone's posts. For the most part, most of you post excellently and consistently. As I only require 1 post every two weeks before I remove you from the RP, most of you are fine. However, if you know ahead of time that you will be unable to post for more than two weeks for any reason, please let me know by either PM or VM, so that I know not to drop you. I don't think it's entirely unreasonable to ask for 1 post every two weeks without notice, is it?

That being said, Aura Rift has been removed from the RP. His character will now become an NPC until further notice, which means 1 spot is now available for the Gold Tribe.

Also, I'm considering whether to move over one spot of the Silver Tribe over to the Gold Tribe, as it seems nobody really likes to play the bad guys much...what do you guys think? I'm open to opinions. I don't want to leave Silver Rogue all by his lonesome. xD

Last edited:

Karma Police

Arrest this man
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Jul 7, 2023
Alright, since that spot is opened now... I'll happily rejoin, if you'll let me xD I'll take control of Speculum once again. d:

Also... you could probably let people play 2 characters so that they could take control of a Silver Tribe member? :O Idk... At least that wouldn't leave Silver Rogue lonely xD

Fort PokePower

Muffins forever
Years
Gonna make a post soon, probably tomorrow if my mom doesn't take my computer like she has been threatening to all night. If I do end up having time I'll post tonight.

SV

See You Space Cowboy
Years
  • Seen Feb 7, 2022
@Deep Impact Alright then, welcome back. Try to stay this time around, will ya? xD

Alright, I think that will be OK. Scar was an original add-in into the Sentinels to replace an RPer. If anyone wishes, they can make an SU for a Sentinel, and I will replace "Scar" with that character (if he/she is accepted, which I don't think they won't be). If anyone wants that spot, let me know. As of now, I'll keep the setting as is until I decide a change otherwise.

Greiger

A mad mind... hehe
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Oct 1, 2023
Alright, that spot is mine! Do you all hear me MINE!!! ...That is all.

Edit: Actually, scratch that. I'm already spread out enough as is.

Last edited:

Stingray

Space elves FTW
Years
Alright posted... sorry for the delay. Kivir goes for the throat! I know Nidoqueens are resistant to fighting attacks but I wanted Kivir to punch her so decided that he would go for a well aimed attack instead of a much less accurate seed bomb attack.

Now to play some Mass Effect...

miltankRancher

Mega Ampharos is the one.
Years
I am here to say that I will be gone for the week, to study for my finals. Anyone is free to bunny me though. See ya'!

Karma Police

Arrest this man
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Jul 7, 2023
@Supervegeta: If I have the time, I could volunteer for the Silver Tribe spot. xD I just have to... finish SUs for 3 other RPs first xD

SV

See You Space Cowboy
Years
  • Seen Feb 7, 2022
@Greiger No problem. I'll have that slot open for anyone in the RP who wants it.

@miltankRancher No problem, man. Thanks for letting me know.

@Stingray Actually, I quite liked it. A fitting ending. For the throat!

@DeepImpact Hmm, I don't wanna overburden you, so let's see how you do first with getting the hang of Speculum again, then we'll see what happens.

@Everyone Well, the battle is over, but the war is far from it. Lots of fun stuff planned in the RP. I've taken a lot of your suggestions to heart, though, and I will definitely be looking to implement them whenever I can. As always, I welcome any questions or ideas anyone has, but if it is Ideas or some plan or some epic twist you want to happen, let me know by PM, as to keep it in relative hush hush mode. xD

Also (Read my post first), if you want to have known (insert name here) on more personal terms, as in friendship and such, feel free to include so in your post.

As always, I welcome it when your characters have known each other beforehand as friends.

SV

See You Space Cowboy
Years
  • Seen Feb 7, 2022
@Saturated Hue Not a problem, take your time with it. No rush.

SV

See You Space Cowboy
Years
  • Seen Feb 7, 2022
Hey guys, I'm going to be gone for a day or so until Saturday night, but I encourage you to continue posting until I get back. There's still much to do!

Stingray

Space elves FTW
Years
I'm curious how Ray's daughter would know to call Kivir The Wanderer (well unless you just want to say she just called him that since she doesn't know who he is)? Considering he has never interacted with Gold Tribe other than his Master until this point... Heck that nickname was something I just made up on the spot since it was required (which means later if someone wants to give him a different one I'm fine with it).

Anyhow I'm going to start working on a post here in a bit...

SV

See You Space Cowboy
Years
  • Seen Feb 7, 2022
Well, I did this as a sort of way for the others to finally figure out that Kivir is a Gold Tribe member as well. As I understand it, Kivir was never a recognized member, but his master was, and I was going with the back story that "Rey" perhaps knew the master, or something of that nature, like keep tabs on him, and perhaps through that found out about Kivir, and that information eventually passed on to Guardia. As leader of the Gold Tribe, unlike most members, Rey knew almost all of his members personally, or by name and face. Since Lyn was supposed to one day take over as the leader, that knowledge was most likely taught to her over a long period of time.

If you don't want her to have known him either way, however, I can always edit that part out, I don't mind.

Stingray

Space elves FTW
Years
I told you in a PM I had a plan for that once the battle was over. :p

On the subject of that I posted and it implements my plan now I wrote a lot about Kivir's master and if I messed up anything in relation to the Gold Tribe let me know and I'll fix it (I tried to keep it vague and not step on any toes). I wanted to make Kivir's master "right" about some "issues" in the Gold Tribe that led to the Silver Tribe's betrayal, but at the same time make him a little over zealous and his ideals be a little too far to the side. Mainly because I wanted his ideas to be flawed as well and to help explain a little of Kivir's behavior and how he views the Gold Tribe members.

I would prefer her not to know Kivir UNLESS you want to say Ray shared some of his master's ideals, or found Delnir (Kivir's master) and was trying to get him to come back to the Gold Tribe, so they were still in contact (either discussing ideals or trying to convince Delnir to return). The intention was that Delnir had cut off all contact with the Gold Tribe many years before he took Kivir as a student. I'll leave that up to you if Ray still knew a little about Kivir (and its likely very little... Kivir would never officially have a title so perhaps its a nickname given to him after he left his master's care and just wandered around for a while), but its unlikely he knew a lot about him (However Kivir is very distinct since he is so tall so at most it would be an educated guess by Ray's daughter that it was Kivir... which helped that he was standing there with other GT at that time :p ).

Last edited:

SV

See You Space Cowboy
Years
  • Seen Feb 7, 2022
I deleted her saying your title. Sorry about that.

I actually rather liked your post quite a lot. It gives a sort of extra layer of character in finding balance between a warrior and a monk, so to speak. Very well done. I think it would be preferable this way anyways. I do believe Rey shared a somewhat similar stance with Delnir (although probably not as extreme), and perhaps he sought to reform the Gold Tribe at one time, and if it were Ray standing before them, he may have known Kivir because he may at one point have sought contact with Delnir, as you suggested. But as you'll soon learn of Guardia's personality...she's quite different than Rey was. My following posts should explain more.

There is one slight problem with your post. The Silver Tribe's betrayal, and Luphen's especially, was so surprising because nobody really expected it to happen. Luphen's character was thought to be replicated of Rey's, including noble and true. He was probably the most respected member of the Gold Tribe (besides Rey), and many believed he would one day become the next leader of the Gold Tribe, even over Guardia (again, judging by her personality and character, you'll soon understand why) mostly because he was said to be a more fitting leader and follower of the ideals of the GT. I understand Delnir's stance and I welcome it, but it may not be the best tie-in to the Silver Tribe conflict at the moment. The members of the Silver Tribe did not experience treachery in the past, but it seemed more to come out all at once, as if it was a sudden change, almost unnatural one. That's why I'm not certain about the Luphen/Delnir battle part. But perhaps that could be change to, say Guardia? Just a suggestion, but it may fit quite well.

Stingray

Space elves FTW
Years
Ok fixed it... I left it vague so you can decide who did it... could be one of the other Silver Tribe, Guardia, or someone left unnamed. You didn't have any details on Luphen so I just made something up and was wrong.

Glad I wasn't overly wrong...

My train of thought on the Gold Tribe being "more relaxed" was after the war with the Order of the Neoverse that the Tribe was weakened and needed to regain numbers (and likely the survivors were the best fighters). So some of the requirements were relaxed some. Also like you said the thought of a betrayal in the Gold Tribe was unthinkable so no one considered it possible. Thus there might have been signs some of the Silver Tribe members were not as devoted to the Gold Tribe or its ideals as most members. Likely this whole paragraph is wrong but *shrug* you know what they say about assuming.

SV

See You Space Cowboy
Years
  • Seen Feb 7, 2022
Sounds good. Sorry, I probably should have given the Silver Tribe members some small SUs as a reference point, but I was thinking as the RP progressed, I would get a chance to explain their personalities either way. Perhaps I will make SUs when I have time.

No, I completely agree. Well put. Like you said, and this would have to go back to people who've really been in the older ones, they did need to relax some of their recruiting requirements, and that may have turned from what should have been a temporary thing to a more long-term habit.

BTW: Gold Tribe Theme anyone? If you find a better one, I can consider it, I'll leave this one for now.

Saturated Hue

acrobatic effing pirouette.
Years
This is my hundredth post, and the thread's 400th post. What are the chances of that? XD;

I like the theme, though the feeling I get from it is the exact opposite of the feeling I was going for when I made Olivia. XD; It's still a kickass song, though. In other news, here's my SU.

Side:
Silver Tribe

Name: Cedric Ceffyl

Title:
Deluge

Pokemon Species:
Castform

Appearance:
351-r.png

Cedric is slightly bigger than most Castform, standing at one feet four inches and weighing 2.5lbs. While aside from his slightly different size Cedric appears to be a normal Castform in every sense of the word, a mutation in his genes caused him to be stuck in his Rain form regardless the weather. His Weather Ball is also always a Water-type attack, but its base power is still 50 if it's not raining.

Personality:
Each Sentinel of the Silver Tribe is renowned for a certain trait that they have that differentiates them from other Sentinels--for example, Frost is known for her cruelty, The Inferno for his destructive power, and Berserker for his raw physical strength. In Cedric's case, it is his determination. He is completely detached from morals and personal pleasure when failure begins to rear its head, and will stoop to any level to accomplish his mission.

Another notable thing about Cedric is his intelligence. He is capable of devising brilliant plans over the span of seconds, and is able to recite nearly all of the Gold Tribe member's names from memory alone (deceased or otherwise), along with their strengths, their weaknesses, and their relationships with other Gold Tribe members. This ingenuity is a key trait in his battle style, as he uses a wide array of moves and types to pick on his opposition's weaknesses.

While Cedric does have his pluses, most people would probably agree that he is a despicable person. Prominent amongst his bad traits is his arrogance and his tendency to get on anyone's nerves, even his fellow Sentinels. He thinks of the weak as trash and the strong as stepping stones to glory. He also has a surplus of natural adrenaline (or overconfidence of his ability) because he wouldn't hesitate to snark at the other Sentinels (Auron is an entirely different story, however).

History:
The earliest memory Cedric has of his life was his seven-year-old self wandering from city to city, digging through people's trashcans and scavenging for food. He doesn't remember his parents nor his birth, and most of his childhood was filled with hunger, loneliness and sorrow--all of these feelings contributed to the development of Cedric's bitterness. He led a nomadic life in hopes of somebody or something offering him a better life (which isn't asking for a lot, considering the state he was in) and dinner. Most importantly dinner. This was the tragic life he led until one fateful day when he was a thirteen-year-old Castform.

It was a day like any other, and Cedric woke up in a musty cave on a hill overlooking a city. Cedric floated down to the city to began the day's scavenging. The sun was particularly bright, and on a day like this any other Castform would have turned into their Sun Form. A circus ringmaster happened to pass by him, and, noticing Cedric's Rain Form and the day's weather, immediately realized that Cedric was no normal Castform. He tried to make Cedric work as a sideshow performer, through coaxing at first, but when Cedric refused profusely, he began taking more aggressive measures. The ringmaster, a Breloom, used Spore on him and dragged Cedric towards his caravan.

A group of Pokemon consisting of a Linoone, a Purrloin and a Ducklett noticed the scene and decided to help Cedric. The Linoone was a master thief who fed the little group by stealing from the city's richest people, and years of stealing experience made it very easy for him to sneak into the caravan and sneak out again, this time with Cedric in tow. Gratified by their actions, Cedric decided to join their gang. The Purrloin and the Ducklett were good natured and playful Pokemon who filled Cedric's everyday life, and it wasn't long before their carefree attitude began to rub off on Cedric. They taught him how to pull pranks on people, and Cedric found joy in the practice. Soon enough, he became renowned throughout the city as the local prankster.

One day, a rain like no other started in the city Cedric and his group were living in. It was heavy and it was never-ending, and it began to kill the city's crops. The entire city thought it was another one of Cedric's pranks, an accusation that Cedric denied profusely. The Linoone, Purrloin and Ducklett tried to defend him, but the citizens would have none of it. He was chased out of town, once again living the life of a nomad.

That is, until he met Cynthia.

Cynthia was a beautiful Delcatty who was part of the Gold Tribe. On one of her missions, she ran into a particularly strong bunch of Charmander. She was in a worrying state, so Cedric, who was passing by decided to help her out, and defeated the entire group with a single Hydro Pump. Seeing Cedric's strength, Cynthia invited him into the Gold Tribe, an invitation Cedric was happy to accept. Cedric and Cynthia formed a team and cleared all of their missions together, and eventually Cedric developed a crush on her. However, this crush didn't last long as Cynthia soon succumbed to a terminal disease. Her death was like a slap in the face for Cedric, and he began to take his anger and sadness out on the world.

When Cedric came back from the expedition, he was a changed Castform. His mind had become even sicker and more twisted than before, and his power had reached unbelievable heights. His knowledge of the Gold Tribe's members played an important role in the invasion of the Gold Tribe, and his battling skills an even greater asset.

Moveset: Rain Dance, Weather Ball, Hydro Pump, Ominous Wind, Thunder, Ice Beam

Last edited:
Back