The PokéCommunity Forums Fan Games ROM Hacking
[ARCHIVE] Simple Questions (SEARCH BEFORE ASKING A QUESTION)

ROM Hacking Need a helping hand? You can get help on any ROM Hacking-related problems or questions you have here.

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
  #20876    
Old March 30th, 2012 (7:12 PM).
south69_dallas south69_dallas is offline
     
    Join Date: Feb 2010
    Gender: Male
    Posts: 30
    errr im on windows 7, so what program would i want to use vs sappy thats windows 7 friendly? Thanks for all the replies.

    Relevant Advertising!

      #20877    
    Old March 30th, 2012 (8:25 PM).
    darkprince909 darkprince909 is offline
       
      Join Date: May 2008
      Gender:
      Posts: 79
      I was brainstorming some story elements for my hack, and I had the idea that one of the towns would be pretty much destroyed at some point in the story. I've thought of a few ways I could go about showing this, but there's a few snags that each method would have.

      First, I would have a *large* setmaptile script that would end up replacing all the buildings with their burnt down versions. However, this is a REALLY big city, so this script would be really long and a pain to write, and it might make the tileset too large, but this way would probably be the easier route to take.

      The other way I thought of would be to make a separate map, possibly with its own tileset if need be, and just have the warps change in the route gates after a certain point. But with this method, if you tried to fly to the city, I dont know how to make sure it takes you to the destroyed version instead of the normal version.

      I was thinking of involving Celebi-time-travel in the story, where you would go back in time to stop the city from being destroyed, so after you fix the timeline to where the city isnt destroyed, the city would need to go back to normal.

      Im guessing the setmaptile script would end up being the easier way of doing this, but Id like some other people's thoughts on how I might go about doing this.

      (Graphics, story, and fakemon elements are my forte. Scripting is not whatsoever, so Im not sure what exactly is possible with this sort of thing)
        #20878    
      Old March 30th, 2012 (9:19 PM).
      droomph's Avatar
      droomph droomph is offline
      weeb
      • Crystal Tier
       
      Join Date: Sep 2011
      Location: nowhere spectacular
      Age: 20
      Gender: Male
      Nature: Impish
      Posts: 4,291
      Quote:
      Originally Posted by darkprince909 View Post
      I was brainstorming some story elements for my hack, and I had the idea that one of the towns would be pretty much destroyed at some point in the story. I've thought of a few ways I could go about showing this, but there's a few snags that each method would have.

      First, I would have a *large* setmaptile script that would end up replacing all the buildings with their burnt down versions. However, this is a REALLY big city, so this script would be really long and a pain to write, and it might make the tileset too large, but this way would probably be the easier route to take.

      The other way I thought of would be to make a separate map, possibly with its own tileset if need be, and just have the warps change in the route gates after a certain point. But with this method, if you tried to fly to the city, I dont know how to make sure it takes you to the destroyed version instead of the normal version.

      I was thinking of involving Celebi-time-travel in the story, where you would go back in time to stop the city from being destroyed, so after you fix the timeline to where the city isnt destroyed, the city would need to go back to normal.

      Im guessing the setmaptile script would end up being the easier way of doing this, but Id like some other people's thoughts on how I might go about doing this.

      (Graphics, story, and fakemon elements are my forte. Scripting is not whatsoever, so Im not sure what exactly is possible with this sort of thing)
      Here's what you could do. Just use setmapfooter instead of setmaptile. Besides, you'll save CPU power if you do that.

      However, don't use Special 0xD5 and set your own flags (and so on) and change the setmapfooter argument to whatever map you're using.

      So basically you change the map you're entering, and so you just make two maps! Convenience!
      __________________
      did u no there r 21 letters in the alphabet
      o i forgot 5
      uraqt


        #20879    
      Old March 30th, 2012 (9:34 PM).
      Amachi's Avatar
      Amachi Amachi is offline
      (。・ω・)ノ゙ Hello, I am Amachi-chan~♪
         
        Join Date: Jun 2006
        Location: Australia
        Gender: Male
        Nature: Jolly
        Posts: 5,877
        Does anyone have a list of specials and flags and what they do for Pokemon Ruby? (or even Emerald?)
        __________________
        CHILL OUT DUDES, I GOT THIS
        Paired with Juicy.
          #20880    
        Old March 30th, 2012 (10:08 PM).
        redriders180's Avatar
        redriders180 redriders180 is offline
        Mastermind of Pokemon Glazed
           
          Join Date: Jun 2010
          Location: Path of Victory, Tunod
          Gender: Male
          Nature: Quirky
          Posts: 540
          Send a message via AIM to redriders180
          Quote:
          Originally Posted by south69_dallas View Post
          errr im on windows 7, so what program would i want to use vs sappy thats windows 7 friendly? Thanks for all the replies.
          I think someone took sappy and made a version that'd work on windows 7, but it was still buggy for me. I've only replaced one song, so I'm not very experienced, but there's a program floating around in the Toolbox that works like sappy, but with less bugs.
          __________________


          I think I'm done with ROM hacking. I'll still pop in and visit, though.


            #20881    
          Old March 30th, 2012 (10:23 PM). Edited March 30th, 2012 by darkprince909.
          darkprince909 darkprince909 is offline
             
            Join Date: May 2008
            Gender:
            Posts: 79
            Quote:
            Originally Posted by droomph View Post
            Here's what you could do. Just use setmapfooter instead of setmaptile. Besides, you'll save CPU power if you do that.

            However, don't use Special 0xD5 and set your own flags (and so on) and change the setmapfooter argument to whatever map you're using.

            So basically you change the map you're entering, and so you just make two maps! Convenience!
            So what youre saying is the final script, in essence, would be something like
            Spoiler:
            '---------------
            #org 0x800000
            checkflag 0x(flag for the event that destroyed the city)
            if 0x1 goto 0x(destroyed city map)
            goto 0x(normal city map)

            '---------------
            #org 0x(destroyed city map)
            setmapfooter 0x(whatever the footer for this map is)
            end

            '---------------
            #org 0x(normal city map)
            setmapfooter 0x(whatever the footer for this map is)
            end


            right?

            A few questions about this:

            How do I figure out what the footer for the map is (A8, A4 for Shoal Cave for example)? I cant find it in Advancemap, even in the professional header view. I may just not be looking in the right place though.

            And when, in the story, I go back in time to before the city is destroyed, I'd just clear the flag so that it loads the normal city map?

            The special 0xD5 is a ASM function that checks what time it is and returns a positive or a negative for that specific flag based on what time it is, right? And that's why I wouldn't use either of those?

            And this whole thing would work with Fly, so that when you Fly to the map, it would run this script before you see anything, and would thus load the destroyed city before you land, right? In that case, would I need to place a Fly block (where you land) in the destroyed map as well? Or would it take you to the same coordinates as the warp it at on the normal map?
            EDIT: I took a look at it in the ROM. It looks like the setmapfooter changes just the tile placements and permissions and loads all the events from the original map? Because all the warps and items and such are on the low tide versions and there's no events whatsoever on the high tide versions. Meaning that everything the NPCs would do in the destroyed city would have to be scripted in the normal city? And this would mean all the Warps, Fly tiles, etc would be loaded from the original map as well?
              #20882    
            Old March 30th, 2012 (10:50 PM). Edited March 30th, 2012 by miksy91.
            miksy91's Avatar
            miksy91 miksy91 is offline
            Dark Energy is back in action! ;)
               
              Join Date: Oct 2008
              Location: A small country in the North
              Gender: Male
              Nature: Relaxed
              Posts: 1,435
              Quote:
              Originally Posted by redriders180 View Post
              Thank you both. It's probably just because of my poor sense of scale...I feel like I'm going through free space very quickly. It's fairly difficult to comprehend sixteen million pieces of data. I'll just forge ahead, and if I run out of space, I'll expand it, since there's no harm done.
              If done "right", it's impossible to run out of space - even if you do major coding with the game and make it completely different than it used to be (many GBA roms are 8MB so you could basically add another game inside your hacked rom if you wanted to and make a possibility of choosing which game to play after the intro is gone through).

              However, the thing that takes a lot of room is doing minor changes to the scripts, texts, map data etc. you edit afterwards because I believe that the tools, that support repointing, will always leave the original data in the rom you edited afterwards and even by expanding long datas with a byte or two, you can already double the size it uses in the rom file.

              To do the job "better" would be by opening a hex editor and doing a copy --> paste of the data you wish to repoint so that you'd be repointing it manually instead (yet it's no way impossible to just put down the offsets that define the data you wish to repoint, repoint the data) and then could delete the original data (by changing it to FF's in this case). That way, you could save a lot of space but it's up to you whether to use this method or not.
              *I do so myself but when hacking GB/C games, it's necessary to be done.
              __________________
              My Rom Hack



              Fixing bugs in a ROM hack
              CP of encountered pokemon in GO

              Learn how to hack GB/C games:

              Check my GameBoy/Color hacking videos in Youtube
              -The video set uses Pokemon Silver (U) rom for demonstrations
                #20883    
              Old March 30th, 2012 (11:08 PM).
              jabberjabber8's Avatar
              jabberjabber8 jabberjabber8 is offline
              ../\..
                 
                Join Date: Mar 2011
                Location: England
                Gender: Male
                Nature: Rash
                Posts: 213
                Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to jabberjabber8
                My question got skiipped over, so I am just bumping it.

                I was following a world map editing guide and got stuck adding the water routes -

                The thread I posted in originally seems neglected so, can anyone help me?

                clicky
                (last post)
                __________________


                Rumble rock is back, expect a BETA soon.
                  #20884    
                Old March 31st, 2012 (4:18 AM).
                sonic1's Avatar
                sonic1 sonic1 is offline
                ASM is my life now...
                   
                  Join Date: May 2008
                  Location: Portugal
                  Age: 22
                  Gender: Male
                  Nature: Timid
                  Posts: 79
                  Quote:
                  Originally Posted by darkprince909 View Post
                  So what youre saying is the final script, in essence, would be something like
                  Spoiler:
                  '---------------
                  #org 0x800000
                  checkflag 0x(flag for the event that destroyed the city)
                  if 0x1 goto 0x(destroyed city map)
                  goto 0x(normal city map)

                  '---------------
                  #org 0x(destroyed city map)
                  setmapfooter 0x(whatever the footer for this map is)
                  end

                  '---------------
                  #org 0x(normal city map)
                  setmapfooter 0x(whatever the footer for this map is)
                  end


                  right?

                  A few questions about this:

                  How do I figure out what the footer for the map is (A8, A4 for Shoal Cave for example)? I cant find it in Advancemap, even in the professional header view. I may just not be looking in the right place though.

                  And when, in the story, I go back in time to before the city is destroyed, I'd just clear the flag so that it loads the normal city map?

                  The special 0xD5 is a ASM function that checks what time it is and returns a positive or a negative for that specific flag based on what time it is, right? And that's why I wouldn't use either of those?

                  And this whole thing would work with Fly, so that when you Fly to the map, it would run this script before you see anything, and would thus load the destroyed city before you land, right? In that case, would I need to place a Fly block (where you land) in the destroyed map as well? Or would it take you to the same coordinates as the warp it at on the normal map?
                  EDIT: I took a look at it in the ROM. It looks like the setmapfooter changes just the tile placements and permissions and loads all the events from the original map? Because all the warps and items and such are on the low tide versions and there's no events whatsoever on the high tide versions. Meaning that everything the NPCs would do in the destroyed city would have to be scripted in the normal city? And this would mean all the Warps, Fly tiles, etc would be loaded from the original map as well?
                  Well, the script is correct!
                  Now, figuring the mapfooter...

                  I don't know your version, so i'm going to use emerald as base, because i'm an emerald hacker.

                  Lets take by example ROUTE 101 (0.16)


                  Now, we know that our map footer is 0x3EBC64.

                  In emerald, there's a table at 0x481DD4
                  Spoiler:
                  24 05 3E 08 04 18 3E 08 64 1E 3E 08 44 31 3E 08
                  A4 37 3E 08 C4 50 3E 08 E4 69 3E 08 24 86 3E 08
                  44 9F 3E 08 84 A2 3E 08 C4 A5 3E 08 04 A9 3E 08
                  44 AC 3E 08 84 AF 3E 08 C4 B2 3E 08 24 B9 3E 08
                  64 BC 3E 08 54 C4 3E 08 34 D2 3E 08 54 EB 3E 08
                  74 04 3F 08 14 11 3F 08 94 1A 3F 08 14 24 3F 08
                  E4 37 3F 08 44 57 3F 08 24 83 3F 08 04 96 3F 08
                  .......


                  So! Each pointer points to a mapfooter. Lets now search our mapfooter in the table. Reversing our mapfooter offset we get the pointer, and searching the pointer in rom, we get... 0x481E14. That's where the pointer is stored. Now subtract the offset with the table pointer. You get 0x40. Now, divide by 0x4 (4bytes per entry). You get 0x10. BUT we're not done yet... When using setmapfooter, the game subtracts 1 to the mapfooter we input... So, if you want to set route 101 mapfooter, you put 0xF, because 0x10-0x1 = 0xF.
                  There you go, you just found you mapfooter! :D


                  Yes, mapfooter changes only the tiles and gfx stuff, you need to program every npc in the original map. Mapfooter changes this plus permissions:
                  __________________
                  This signature has been disabled.
                  over 350px high
                  Please review and fix the issues by reading the signature rules.

                  You must edit it to meet the limits set by the rules before you may remove the [sig-reason] code from your signature. Removing this tag will re-enable it.

                  Do not remove the tag until you fix the issues in your signature. You may be infracted for removing this tag if you do not fix the specified issues. Do not use this tag for decoration purposes.
                    #20885    
                  Old March 31st, 2012 (7:48 AM).
                  xGandhix's Avatar
                  xGandhix xGandhix is offline
                     
                    Join Date: Mar 2012
                    Age: 22
                    Gender: Male
                    Posts: 1
                    I'm trying to map a bulding in Vermillion City using the tileset from Saffron. How do I do that?
                      #20886    
                    Old March 31st, 2012 (8:00 AM).
                    mrdeano mrdeano is offline
                       
                      Join Date: May 2009
                      Gender:
                      Posts: 4
                      Me and my girlfriend want to edit the sprites/tiles in Pokemon Crystal. Does anyone know what tool we should be using? I've looked everywhere but there only seem to be gold/silver tools.
                        #20887    
                      Old March 31st, 2012 (1:32 PM).
                      holynova holynova is offline
                         
                        Join Date: Mar 2012
                        Gender: Male
                        Posts: 2
                        Does anyone know how to gender lock the game into male only on pokemon ruby?. All the dialogue I have added would only be relevant for a boy, So I wanna make it so you cant choose girl at the beginning.
                          #20888    
                        Old March 31st, 2012 (3:41 PM).
                        master morty's Avatar
                        master morty master morty is offline
                        Master Spriter
                           
                          Join Date: May 2008
                          Location: The world I created yesterday
                          Gender:
                          Nature: Mild
                          Posts: 93
                          Not sure if this is the right forum to ask this (if it isn't, then please just tell me so,) but in Advance Map, whenever I create new space to insert a map and it inserts, the name of the new map is always "LITTLEROOT TOWN" and I can't change it without changing the entire name of Littleroot Town itself. Is there a way to insert maps that have their own unique names, or at least have the name of another pre-existing location than Littleroot?
                          __________________
                            #20889    
                          Old March 31st, 2012 (6:00 PM). Edited March 31st, 2012 by redriders180.
                          redriders180's Avatar
                          redriders180 redriders180 is offline
                          Mastermind of Pokemon Glazed
                             
                            Join Date: Jun 2010
                            Location: Path of Victory, Tunod
                            Gender: Male
                            Nature: Quirky
                            Posts: 540
                            Send a message via AIM to redriders180
                            Quote:
                            Originally Posted by holynova View Post
                            Does anyone know how to gender lock the game into male only on pokemon ruby?. All the dialogue I have added would only be relevant for a boy, So I wanna make it so you cant choose girl at the beginning.
                            It would probably require alot of hex editing...It'd probably be much simpler to just change the dialogue to work with both genders.

                            Quote:
                            Originally Posted by xGandhix View Post
                            I'm trying to map a bulding in Vermillion City using the tileset from Saffron. How do I do that?
                            In Advance Map, go to the 'Header' tab. Near the bottom, it'll say "used tilesets", and have two numbers, "0", which should always be "0" for outdoor maps, and another number, which varies from town to town. Vermillion City's tileset is "6", and Saffron City's tileset is "11". Change the 6 to an 11, and you'll have all of Saffron's tiles.

                            Quote:
                            Originally Posted by darkprince909 View Post
                            So what youre saying is the final script, in essence, would be something like
                            Spoiler:
                            '---------------
                            #org 0x800000
                            checkflag 0x(flag for the event that destroyed the city)
                            if 0x1 goto 0x(destroyed city map)
                            goto 0x(normal city map)

                            '---------------
                            #org 0x(destroyed city map)
                            setmapfooter 0x(whatever the footer for this map is)
                            end

                            '---------------
                            #org 0x(normal city map)
                            setmapfooter 0x(whatever the footer for this map is)
                            end


                            right?

                            A few questions about this:

                            How do I figure out what the footer for the map is (A8, A4 for Shoal Cave for example)? I cant find it in Advancemap, even in the professional header view. I may just not be looking in the right place though.

                            And when, in the story, I go back in time to before the city is destroyed, I'd just clear the flag so that it loads the normal city map?

                            The special 0xD5 is a ASM function that checks what time it is and returns a positive or a negative for that specific flag based on what time it is, right? And that's why I wouldn't use either of those?

                            And this whole thing would work with Fly, so that when you Fly to the map, it would run this script before you see anything, and would thus load the destroyed city before you land, right? In that case, would I need to place a Fly block (where you land) in the destroyed map as well? Or would it take you to the same coordinates as the warp it at on the normal map?
                            EDIT: I took a look at it in the ROM. It looks like the setmapfooter changes just the tile placements and permissions and loads all the events from the original map? Because all the warps and items and such are on the low tide versions and there's no events whatsoever on the high tide versions. Meaning that everything the NPCs would do in the destroyed city would have to be scripted in the normal city? And this would mean all the Warps, Fly tiles, etc would be loaded from the original map as well?
                            All events work fine, like sonic said. If you have the newer version of A-map, finding the footer is easy. When you first open a rom in A-map, click on "Connection List" instead of "From Header". It'll list all the maps in the game, along with "CL:[number]". The [number] is the header number, in decimal. Convert the number to hex, and you're all set

                            Quote:
                            Originally Posted by master morty View Post
                            Not sure if this is the right forum to ask this (if it isn't, then please just tell me so,) but in Advance Map, whenever I create new space to insert a map and it inserts, the name of the new map is always "LITTLEROOT TOWN" and I can't change it without changing the entire name of Littleroot Town itself. Is there a way to insert maps that have their own unique names, or at least have the name of another pre-existing location than Littleroot?
                            The number of names is restricted, so you can't add any more without a whole big mess. You can change the name to a pre-existing one easily enough as well. Open up the "Header" tab, and where there's a drop down for "Littleroot", click the dropdown, and select any other name. It won't change immediately, unless you "refresh", by pushing F5.
                            __________________


                            I think I'm done with ROM hacking. I'll still pop in and visit, though.


                              #20890    
                            Old March 31st, 2012 (9:20 PM).
                            south69_dallas south69_dallas is offline
                               
                              Join Date: Feb 2010
                              Gender: Male
                              Posts: 30
                              ok im starting to play around with scripting and changing the trainers pokemon lvs etc, i said screw music for now but thanks for the help, my new question is how to i find the trainer id? For example the trainers in virdian forest how do i know what number they are to change there pokemon in pet?
                                #20891    
                              Old March 31st, 2012 (10:57 PM).
                              redriders180's Avatar
                              redriders180 redriders180 is offline
                              Mastermind of Pokemon Glazed
                                 
                                Join Date: Jun 2010
                                Location: Path of Victory, Tunod
                                Gender: Male
                                Nature: Quirky
                                Posts: 540
                                Send a message via AIM to redriders180
                                Quote:
                                Originally Posted by south69_dallas View Post
                                ok im starting to play around with scripting and changing the trainers pokemon lvs etc, i said screw music for now but thanks for the help, my new question is how to i find the trainer id? For example the trainers in virdian forest how do i know what number they are to change there pokemon in pet?
                                Open up their script, and look for the "trainerbattle" command. It's layed out like so:

                                Code:
                                trainerbattle [battle type] [battle number] [reserved] [challenge text] [defeat text]
                                The second number is the battle number
                                __________________


                                I think I'm done with ROM hacking. I'll still pop in and visit, though.


                                  #20892    
                                Old April 1st, 2012 (4:05 AM).
                                EdensElite's Avatar
                                EdensElite EdensElite is offline
                                No0b, but getting there.
                                   
                                  Join Date: Jun 2011
                                  Location: UK
                                  Gender: Male
                                  Nature: Bold
                                  Posts: 190
                                  I have a patch for the english Light Platinum, what ROM do I need to patch?
                                  __________________

                                  ROM Hacking was getting frustrating for me. I've now stopped productions and writing the game from scratch in HTML 5.

                                  That means it will be playable in the browser, and across multiple devices such as the iPod touch.
                                    #20893    
                                  Old April 1st, 2012 (6:41 AM).
                                  Platinum Lucario's Avatar
                                  Platinum Lucario Platinum Lucario is offline
                                  The Legendary Master of Light!
                                  • Crystal Tier
                                   
                                  Join Date: Jan 2008
                                  Location: Warrnambool, Victoria, Australia.
                                  Gender: Male
                                  Nature: Calm
                                  Posts: 1,561
                                  Quote:
                                  Originally Posted by EdensElite View Post
                                  I have a patch for the english Light Platinum, what ROM do I need to patch?
                                  You'll need the US version of Pokémon Ruby, you'll need the first version of the ROM, which would be 1.0, not 1.1 or some newer version.
                                  __________________
                                  [Platinum Lucario's Signature]
                                  If you need to disable my signature, please give me some advice on how to improve the CSS-DIV code. Thanks!
                                  Signature Status: Strikes: 1/3 | Infractions: 0/3
                                  It's time to change the future...
                                  to a positive direction!

                                  Let's prevent things from getting bad!

                                  I'm a ROM and ISO Researcher
                                  Current Project: Researching Pokémon Mystery Dungeon Adventure Squad games (WiiWare)
                                    #20894    
                                  Old April 1st, 2012 (9:35 AM).
                                  jota_rdk's Avatar
                                  jota_rdk jota_rdk is offline
                                  Spanish hacker [Javi4315]
                                     
                                    Join Date: Jul 2010
                                    Location: Spain
                                    Gender: Male
                                    Nature: Timid
                                    Posts: 98
                                    Hello, there.
                                    When you want to catch a Pokemon game crashes, as shown in the video.
                                    Someone knows what happens? How do you solve?

                                    Video: http://youtu.be/iLbQL-PZJiQ
                                    __________________
                                    Pokémon Golden Legend // Pokémon Silver Legend


                                    My tutorials:

                                    __________________
                                    My english is very bad, I know. Sorry! xD
                                      #20895    
                                    Old April 1st, 2012 (9:59 AM).
                                    Platinum Lucario's Avatar
                                    Platinum Lucario Platinum Lucario is offline
                                    The Legendary Master of Light!
                                    • Crystal Tier
                                     
                                    Join Date: Jan 2008
                                    Location: Warrnambool, Victoria, Australia.
                                    Gender: Male
                                    Nature: Calm
                                    Posts: 1,561
                                    Quote:
                                    Originally Posted by jota_rdk View Post
                                    Hello, there.
                                    When you want to catch a Pokemon game crashes, as shown in the video.
                                    Someone knows what happens? How do you solve?

                                    Video: http://youtu.be/iLbQL-PZJiQ
                                    Is it a ROM that has been vandalized (in other words... screwed up the coding)? If so, then you may need to find a proper ROM that hasn't been edited. Some ROM sites have some damaged ROMs there, so you might want to test them out to see if they haven't had things added into them. 'Cause that's the only cause I can think of that is having an effect on the PokéBall stop moving after catching it.
                                    __________________
                                    [Platinum Lucario's Signature]
                                    If you need to disable my signature, please give me some advice on how to improve the CSS-DIV code. Thanks!
                                    Signature Status: Strikes: 1/3 | Infractions: 0/3
                                    It's time to change the future...
                                    to a positive direction!

                                    Let's prevent things from getting bad!

                                    I'm a ROM and ISO Researcher
                                    Current Project: Researching Pokémon Mystery Dungeon Adventure Squad games (WiiWare)
                                      #20896    
                                    Old April 1st, 2012 (10:11 AM).
                                    jota_rdk's Avatar
                                    jota_rdk jota_rdk is offline
                                    Spanish hacker [Javi4315]
                                       
                                      Join Date: Jul 2010
                                      Location: Spain
                                      Gender: Male
                                      Nature: Timid
                                      Posts: 98
                                      Quote:
                                      Originally Posted by PokémonShinySilver View Post
                                      Is it a ROM that has been vandalized (in other words... screwed up the coding)? If so, then you may need to find a proper ROM that hasn't been edited. Some ROM sites have some damaged ROMs there, so you might want to test them out to see if they haven't had things added into them. 'Cause that's the only cause I can think of that is having an effect on the PokéBall stop moving after catching it.
                                      Do you refer to a Rom used to patch?
                                      It is a hack of a friend, he asked me to ask here because he isn't registered in pokecommunity.
                                      Is a bug that have been detected and is present in all backups.
                                      Don't have a fix?
                                      __________________
                                      Pokémon Golden Legend // Pokémon Silver Legend


                                      My tutorials:

                                      __________________
                                      My english is very bad, I know. Sorry! xD
                                        #20897    
                                      Old April 1st, 2012 (1:58 PM).
                                      Pppgggr's Avatar
                                      Pppgggr Pppgggr is offline
                                      Cheese, for everyone!
                                         
                                        Join Date: Mar 2012
                                        Location: California
                                        Age: 18
                                        Gender: Male
                                        Nature: Calm
                                        Posts: 198
                                        Hey, how do I access scripts allready in the game?(More specifically, the one that determine where you start when you create your character) I have both advance map and PKSV atm
                                        __________________
                                          #20898    
                                        Old April 1st, 2012 (8:05 PM).
                                        droomph's Avatar
                                        droomph droomph is offline
                                        weeb
                                        • Crystal Tier
                                         
                                        Join Date: Sep 2011
                                        Location: nowhere spectacular
                                        Age: 20
                                        Gender: Male
                                        Nature: Impish
                                        Posts: 4,291
                                        That, unfortunately, is mostly ASM and is not a script.
                                        __________________
                                        did u no there r 21 letters in the alphabet
                                        o i forgot 5
                                        uraqt


                                          #20899    
                                        Old April 2nd, 2012 (4:31 AM).
                                        pikachugirl666 pikachugirl666 is offline
                                           
                                          Join Date: Mar 2012
                                          Gender: Female
                                          Posts: 1
                                          Hello

                                          I've been trying to change the professor oak sprite in FR and nothing I try seems to work. I'm relatively new to ROM hacking. Using unlz.gba I'm able to change the sprite and the transparency works but the palette is all wrong. It's a mixture of blues and bright pinks. I can send a picture if you don't understand what the sprite looks like after it's inserted.

                                          So I've narrowed it down to the palette being the problem. I've tried multiple offsets for oak in APE. The only one that seems to work is "00460568" but that changes the background as well.

                                          Does anybody know the OAK INTRO offset that does not include the background?
                                            #20900    
                                          Old April 2nd, 2012 (7:50 AM).
                                          Nate VonGrimm's Avatar
                                          Nate VonGrimm Nate VonGrimm is offline
                                             
                                            Join Date: Oct 2011
                                            Location: Uxbridge
                                            Age: 25
                                            Gender: Male
                                            Nature: Relaxed
                                            Posts: 124
                                            Quote:
                                            Originally Posted by Pppgggr View Post
                                            Hey, how do I access scripts allready in the game?(More specifically, the one that determine where you start when you create your character) I have both advance map and PKSV atm
                                            That requires ASM hacking unfortunately.
                                            It's not a script.

                                            Another way of doing it is re-creating the starting map.

                                            Example: In Ruby, you start off in the truck. You can edit the truck to look like whatever map you want it to be but it will keep the animation.

                                            If you're hacking Pokemon Fire Red/Leaf Green, you can copy Pallet Town and paste it onto a new map and just edit the original Pallet.
                                            __________________
                                            Currently working on a new Pokemon Hack with an in-depth story line!
                                            That's about as much as you're going to get for now...


                                            Closed Thread
                                            Quick Reply

                                            Sponsored Links
                                            Thread Tools

                                            Posting Rules
                                            You may not post new threads
                                            You may not post replies
                                            You may not post attachments
                                            You may not edit your posts

                                            BB code is On
                                            Smilies are On
                                            [IMG] code is On
                                            HTML code is Off

                                            Forum Jump


                                            All times are GMT -8. The time now is 12:28 AM.