ROM Hacking Need a helping hand? You can get help on any ROM Hacking-related problems or questions you have here.

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
  #20901    
Old April 2nd, 2012 (3:12 PM).
Roffleman's Avatar
Roffleman Roffleman is offline
     
    Join Date: Feb 2006
    Location: New Zealand
    Age: 24
    Nature: Bold
    Posts: 18
    Hey guys, got a few questions..

    1) When I unzip A-Text, the exe file disappears. I'm not sure how I'd go about rectifying this problem, as it appears my computer is automatically deleting the file upon unzipping. Any suggestions? I desperately need A-Text for a project I'm currently working on.

    2) I think my two problems are related, but anyway, a lot of programs I have downloaded for use (most of the elitemap set, namely) are not working and a lot are saying that files are missing and to reinstall or whatever but no matter how many times I repeat, nothing is happening.

    I know these are not exactly hacking related, but perhaps some one out there has had a similar issue and found a way around this? Thanks guys. Actually I tell you what if some one could attach the exe file for A-Text here so I can download the file directly, that'd potentially work for my first issue. Everything else for A-Text is intact, it's only the exe that's missing. Perhaps if I downloaded some one elses exe for A-Text, and used it within my A-Text folder, it'd work?

    Still doesn't solve my second issue however, so if anyone has any tips or help they can offer, I'd be very grateful!
    __________________
    If anyone could pretty please PM me as to whether I am able to change my username, I'd be very thankful. You come to regret names you gave yourself when you were 13.

    Relevant Advertising!

      #20902    
    Old April 2nd, 2012 (4:51 PM).
    redx2dth's Avatar
    redx2dth redx2dth is offline
    Metapods' got class!
       
      Join Date: Jul 2011
      Location: Im an AI. I live in a chip.
      Age: 22
      Gender: Male
      Nature: Sassy
      Posts: 27
      For some reason XSE 1.1.1 refuses to run on my computer. I open it and it says a whole new scripting experiance has stopped working.

      Also does anyone know if psvkui supports 7 digit offsets?
        #20903    
      Old April 3rd, 2012 (1:33 AM).
      Satoshi Ookami's Avatar
      Satoshi Ookami Satoshi Ookami is offline
      Memento Mori
      • Gold Tier
       
      Join Date: Jul 2008
      Location: Abyss of Time, Great Seal
      Age: 24
      Gender: Male
      Nature: Calm
      Posts: 14,476
      Quote:
      Originally Posted by redx2dth View Post
      Also does anyone know if psvkui supports 7 digit offsets?
      Well... since offset should be 4 hex numbers... 7 digits should be supported as long as the first is 0 which does not need to be written.
      __________________
      ROM hacking FAQ - Read before asking how to play a hack.

      Anime List | PSN Trophy List
        #20904    
      Old April 3rd, 2012 (5:00 AM).
      Spherical Ice's Avatar
      Spherical Ice Spherical Ice is offline
      • Moderator
      • Silver Tier
       
      Join Date: Nov 2007
      Location: Bristol, UK
      Age: 19
      Posts: 5,180
      How does one edit the amount of frames an overworld sprite has?
      __________________

      A Pokemon that is discriminated!
      Support squirtle and make it everyone's favourite.
        #20905    
      Old April 3rd, 2012 (6:51 AM).
      redriders180's Avatar
      redriders180 redriders180 is offline
      Mastermind of Pokemon Glazed
         
        Join Date: Jun 2010
        Location: Path of Victory, Tunod
        Gender: Male
        Nature: Quirky
        Posts: 540
        Quote:
        Originally Posted by Roffleman View Post
        Hey guys, got a few questions..

        1) When I unzip A-Text, the exe file disappears. I'm not sure how I'd go about rectifying this problem, as it appears my computer is automatically deleting the file upon unzipping. Any suggestions? I desperately need A-Text for a project I'm currently working on.

        2) I think my two problems are related, but anyway, a lot of programs I have downloaded for use (most of the elitemap set, namely) are not working and a lot are saying that files are missing and to reinstall or whatever but no matter how many times I repeat, nothing is happening.

        I know these are not exactly hacking related, but perhaps some one out there has had a similar issue and found a way around this? Thanks guys. Actually I tell you what if some one could attach the exe file for A-Text here so I can download the file directly, that'd potentially work for my first issue. Everything else for A-Text is intact, it's only the exe that's missing. Perhaps if I downloaded some one elses exe for A-Text, and used it within my A-Text folder, it'd work?

        Still doesn't solve my second issue however, so if anyone has any tips or help they can offer, I'd be very grateful!
        Is it an error like "blahblahblah.OCX is missing", or something along those lines? If it is, you need to download the OCX files from online, and register them. If you don't know how to register those kinds of files, I'd google a how-to guide for the command prompt. It's different depending on if you have 32 or 64 bit windows, so if one doesn't work, try the other.

        Oh, and which unzipping program are you using?
        __________________


        I think I'm done with ROM hacking. I'll still pop in and visit, though.


          #20906    
        Old April 3rd, 2012 (7:01 AM). Edited April 3rd, 2012 by redx2dth.
        redx2dth's Avatar
        redx2dth redx2dth is offline
        Metapods' got class!
           
          Join Date: Jul 2011
          Location: Im an AI. I live in a chip.
          Age: 22
          Gender: Male
          Nature: Sassy
          Posts: 27
          I got xse working. Well somewhat.
          It apparently will not run on 64 bit due to an improperly used api call to user32.dll (might bring that to hackmew's attention)
          I created another partition and dual booted windows 7 32 bit and it will run on that no prob.
            #20907    
          Old April 3rd, 2012 (9:05 AM).
          Pppgggr's Avatar
          Pppgggr Pppgggr is offline
          Cheese, for everyone!
             
            Join Date: Mar 2012
            Location: California
            Age: 19
            Gender: Male
            Nature: Calm
            Posts: 198
            Quote:
            Originally Posted by Roffleman View Post
            Hey guys, got a few questions..

            1) When I unzip A-Text, the exe file disappears. I'm not sure how I'd go about rectifying this problem, as it appears my computer is automatically deleting the file upon unzipping. Any suggestions? I desperately need A-Text for a project I'm currently working on.

            2) I think my two problems are related, but anyway, a lot of programs I have downloaded for use (most of the elitemap set, namely) are not working and a lot are saying that files are missing and to reinstall or whatever but no matter how many times I repeat, nothing is happening.

            I know these are not exactly hacking related, but perhaps some one out there has had a similar issue and found a way around this? Thanks guys. Actually I tell you what if some one could attach the exe file for A-Text here so I can download the file directly, that'd potentially work for my first issue. Everything else for A-Text is intact, it's only the exe that's missing. Perhaps if I downloaded some one elses exe for A-Text, and used it within my A-Text folder, it'd work?

            Still doesn't solve my second issue however, so if anyone has any tips or help they can offer, I'd be very grateful!
            Some picky virus protection programs delete hacking tools upon DL/Unzip. Disable your virus protection while unzipping these.
            __________________
              #20908    
            Old April 3rd, 2012 (12:43 PM). Edited April 3rd, 2012 by south69_dallas.
            south69_dallas south69_dallas is offline
               
              Join Date: Feb 2010
              Gender: Male
              Posts: 30
              i was using per to change the trainers and when i press backspace add a new value for the amount of pokemon they have it has a run time error 13 mismatch. also now when i click on the battle ids on the left they change automatically for example i now have 063 064 066 067 067 068 etc will that change back to normal or how do i fix it?

              ok so i tried to clear the data for that trainer 067 a bug catcher in virdian forest and the it has another error after clearing the data, pretty much it wont let me edit that trainer now at all, i was able to go through advance trainer and access him but then it asks to re point the offset. The numbers are still funky though. sigh i hope this doesnt mean i need start from a fresh rom

              last post for today i played the rom to c what my mess up wld do and i can battle the trainer i cleared althoughthe pre battle text is all jbfjbvkb and he sends out a ? pokemon that i defeated with a leer attack . thanks for helping me with my nubeness so yea how do i fix this trainer?
                #20909    
              Old April 3rd, 2012 (1:52 PM). Edited April 3rd, 2012 by Roffleman.
              Roffleman's Avatar
              Roffleman Roffleman is offline
                 
                Join Date: Feb 2006
                Location: New Zealand
                Age: 24
                Nature: Bold
                Posts: 18
                Quote:
                Originally Posted by redriders180 View Post
                Is it an error like "blahblahblah.OCX is missing", or something along those lines? If it is, you need to download the OCX files from online, and register them. If you don't know how to register those kinds of files, I'd google a how-to guide for the command prompt. It's different depending on if you have 32 or 64 bit windows, so if one doesn't work, try the other.

                Oh, and which unzipping program are you using?
                Yup, that's exactly it. I'll try Pppgggr's suggestion for temporarily disabling my virus protection software and re-unzipping them, but if this still doesn't work I'll take the approach you've suggested. Thanks heaps man, and I'll keep you updated as to what happens.

                @ Pppgggr: Thanks, I'll give that a go.

                EDIT: Alright, both of you are life savers!

                @ redriders180: I should've followed your advice from the get go. I did try the registering of the file, but it turns out I was over-eager and jumped into it without considering the last part where you said it varies for 32 bit and 64 bit, and I wasn't having success until I searched for fixes for 64 bit. When I did I found my solution. Could've saved time if I had listened to you in the first place ;) Thanks so much man, wouldn't have been able to figure this out without your help.

                @ Pppgggr: Disabled my Norton Anti-Virus and re-unzipped, and this solved my issue! The EXE files were evidently being deleted without any prompt by Norton, so I'm happy to report I have the exe file of my own accord now. Thanks so much man, without you or redriders180, my project would've likely stalled!
                __________________
                If anyone could pretty please PM me as to whether I am able to change my username, I'd be very thankful. You come to regret names you gave yourself when you were 13.
                  #20910    
                Old April 4th, 2012 (7:56 AM).
                Byrne1995 Byrne1995 is offline
                   
                  Join Date: Apr 2012
                  Gender: Male
                  Posts: 1
                  Hi everyone, I'm making a Pokemon ROM hack. When creating a person event (In this case a battle) many tutorial videos have told me to tick the box next to Trainer although, I don't have a tick box next to Trainer all it says is $00 so I'm unsure on what to do.

                  so to confirm. On the right hand column next to where it says "Trainer" there should be a tick box but, I don't have a tick box, I have a box like the rest which says [$00].

                  I'm doing this with Pokemon Fire Red and to make sure it wasn't the Rom I've done it with Pokemon Ruby and still no tick box.

                  I'd like to know how I can get a tick box next to trainer but if not what do I type in where it says [$00] ?

                  If anyone can help it would be much appreciated, thanks
                    #20911    
                  Old April 4th, 2012 (10:27 AM).
                  Arab Arab is offline
                     
                    Join Date: Dec 2008
                    Posts: 20
                    Hey guys, I have one question....I´m looking for pokemon trainer editor for GBA games, in which I can edit trainer´s PKM ....I had one and it was good, but I can´t remember name of it....
                      #20912    
                    Old April 4th, 2012 (12:12 PM).
                    YouListeningROMs's Avatar
                    YouListeningROMs YouListeningROMs is offline
                       
                      Join Date: Mar 2012
                      Gender: Male
                      Posts: 24
                      Quote:
                      Originally Posted by Arab View Post
                      Hey guys, I have one question....I´m looking for pokemon trainer editor for GBA games, in which I can edit trainer´s PKM ....I had one and it was good, but I can´t remember name of it....
                      Go with HackMew's A-Trainer. Dependable with a good UI.
                        #20913    
                      Old April 4th, 2012 (12:13 PM).
                      PsychoToxin's Avatar
                      PsychoToxin PsychoToxin is offline
                         
                        Join Date: Mar 2012
                        Gender: Male
                        Posts: 61
                        Advanced Trainer, Get it at Filetrip.net.
                        __________________

                        Logic, so rare it's a goddamn superpower...
                        I also started messing with soundfonts... Check the rest of my channel for more.
                          #20914    
                        Old April 4th, 2012 (5:15 PM).
                        redx2dth's Avatar
                        redx2dth redx2dth is offline
                        Metapods' got class!
                           
                          Join Date: Jul 2011
                          Location: Im an AI. I live in a chip.
                          Age: 22
                          Gender: Male
                          Nature: Sassy
                          Posts: 27
                          Quote:
                          Originally Posted by Byrne1995 View Post
                          Hi everyone, I'm making a Pokemon ROM hack. When creating a person event (In this case a battle) many tutorial videos have told me to tick the box next to Trainer although, I don't have a tick box next to Trainer all it says is $00 so I'm unsure on what to do.

                          so to confirm. On the right hand column next to where it says "Trainer" there should be a tick box but, I don't have a tick box, I have a box like the rest which says [$00].

                          I'm doing this with Pokemon Fire Red and to make sure it wasn't the Rom I've done it with Pokemon Ruby and still no tick box.

                          I'd like to know how I can get a tick box next to trainer but if not what do I type in where it says [$00] ?

                          If anyone can help it would be much appreciated, thanks
                          Could you upload a screenshot of advance map? And what version are you using?
                            #20915    
                          Old April 4th, 2012 (6:59 PM).
                          redriders180's Avatar
                          redriders180 redriders180 is offline
                          Mastermind of Pokemon Glazed
                             
                            Join Date: Jun 2010
                            Location: Path of Victory, Tunod
                            Gender: Male
                            Nature: Quirky
                            Posts: 540
                            Quote:
                            Originally Posted by Byrne1995 View Post
                            Hi everyone, I'm making a Pokemon ROM hack. When creating a person event (In this case a battle) many tutorial videos have told me to tick the box next to Trainer although, I don't have a tick box next to Trainer all it says is $00 so I'm unsure on what to do.

                            so to confirm. On the right hand column next to where it says "Trainer" there should be a tick box but, I don't have a tick box, I have a box like the rest which says [$00].

                            I'm doing this with Pokemon Fire Red and to make sure it wasn't the Rom I've done it with Pokemon Ruby and still no tick box.

                            I'd like to know how I can get a tick box next to trainer but if not what do I type in where it says [$00] ?

                            If anyone can help it would be much appreciated, thanks
                            The new A-map has $00 instead of a tickbox. Type in $01 to make it start a trainer battle when it sees you.
                            __________________


                            I think I'm done with ROM hacking. I'll still pop in and visit, though.


                              #20916    
                            Old April 5th, 2012 (4:08 AM).
                            Arab Arab is offline
                               
                              Join Date: Dec 2008
                              Posts: 20
                              Quote:
                              Originally Posted by PsychoToxin View Post
                              Advanced Trainer, Get it at Filetrip.net.
                              Could you please send it to me via PM ? I was searching that website, but I can´t find it...
                                #20917    
                              Old April 5th, 2012 (5:32 PM).
                              redx2dth's Avatar
                              redx2dth redx2dth is offline
                              Metapods' got class!
                                 
                                Join Date: Jul 2011
                                Location: Im an AI. I live in a chip.
                                Age: 22
                                Gender: Male
                                Nature: Sassy
                                Posts: 27
                                Quote:
                                Originally Posted by Arab View Post
                                Could you please send it to me via PM ? I was searching that website, but I can´t find it...
                                http://filetrip.net/g25123196-Advance-Trainer.html
                                  #20918    
                                Old April 5th, 2012 (10:30 PM).
                                Big_Bad_Lith Big_Bad_Lith is offline
                                   
                                  Join Date: Sep 2011
                                  Posts: 7
                                  When setting which Pokemon will appear from Fishing (with Adv Map), what determines which ones can be caught with which rod?

                                  Does it take the first two slots and let the Old Rod catch them, take the next 3 for the Good Rod, and the last 5 for the Super Rod?

                                  Or it is based on levels, meaning anything I put down as 5-10 can be caught by the Old Rod, anything 10-30 is Good Rod, and anything above that is for the Super Rod?


                                  I ask because I'd like to tweak the variety (and maybe the level ranges) of Pokemon the rods can catch, so that the Old and Good rods catch a few more, leaving the Super Rod to only pull in a few awesome Pokemon.
                                    #20919    
                                  Old April 5th, 2012 (10:35 PM).
                                  DrFuji's Avatar
                                  DrFuji DrFuji is offline
                                  Heiki Hecchara‌‌
                                  • Crystal Tier
                                   
                                  Join Date: Sep 2009
                                  Location: Downia-upside
                                  Age: 24
                                  Gender: Male
                                  Nature: Jolly
                                  Posts: 1,328
                                  Quote:
                                  Originally Posted by Big_Bad_Lith View Post
                                  When setting which Pokemon will appear from Fishing (with Adv Map), what determines which ones can be caught with which rod?

                                  Does it take the first two slots and let the Old Rod catch them, take the next 3 for the Good Rod, and the last 5 for the Super Rod?

                                  Or it is based on levels, meaning anything I put down as 5-10 can be caught by the Old Rod, anything 10-30 is Good Rod, and anything above that is for the Super Rod?


                                  I ask because I'd like to tweak the variety (and maybe the level ranges) of Pokemon the rods can catch, so that the Old and Good rods catch a few more, leaving the Super Rod to only pull in a few awesome Pokemon.
                                  Yup, the first two Pokemon can be caught with the Old Rod, the next three with the Good Rod and the rest are done with the Super Rod. You can see the specific chance ratios for each slot in this thread.
                                  __________________
                                    #20920    
                                  Old April 6th, 2012 (2:51 AM).
                                  Mana's Avatar
                                  Mana Mana is offline
                                  • Platinum Tier
                                   
                                  Join Date: Jan 2009
                                  Location: UK
                                  Gender: Female
                                  Posts: 10,005
                                  How can I use NSE to edit the textbox? I loaded and changed it on there, pressed 'Insert -> Image Data', then save, however it just causes the game to go into a crashing frenzy (problems loading the first textbox image I presume?) ><.

                                  Pic:
                                  Spoiler:




                                  I have also attempted it by repointing the data to a 100% safe zone, but the same thing happens. If I reinsert the original back in then it works fine. ;_;
                                    #20921    
                                  Old April 6th, 2012 (5:30 AM).
                                  redriders180's Avatar
                                  redriders180 redriders180 is offline
                                  Mastermind of Pokemon Glazed
                                     
                                    Join Date: Jun 2010
                                    Location: Path of Victory, Tunod
                                    Gender: Male
                                    Nature: Quirky
                                    Posts: 540
                                    Quote:
                                    Originally Posted by SwiftSign View Post
                                    How can I use NSE to edit the textbox? I loaded and changed it on there, pressed 'Insert -> Image Data', then save, however it just causes the game to go into a crashing frenzy (problems loading the first textbox image I presume?) ><.

                                    Pic:
                                    Spoiler:




                                    I have also attempted it by repointing the data to a 100% safe zone, but the same thing happens. If I reinsert the original back in then it works fine. ;_;
                                    Are you inserting it with compression? If not, that might be your problem.
                                    __________________


                                    I think I'm done with ROM hacking. I'll still pop in and visit, though.


                                      #20922    
                                    Old April 6th, 2012 (8:18 AM).
                                    Mana's Avatar
                                    Mana Mana is offline
                                    • Platinum Tier
                                     
                                    Join Date: Jan 2009
                                    Location: UK
                                    Gender: Female
                                    Posts: 10,005
                                    Quote:
                                    Originally Posted by redriders180 View Post
                                    Are you inserting it with compression? If not, that might be your problem.
                                    I was inserting it normally, should I be inserting with compression instead then? :s
                                      #20923    
                                    Old April 6th, 2012 (9:20 AM).
                                    link12552's Avatar
                                    link12552 link12552 is offline
                                    to measure how far we wonder
                                       
                                      Join Date: Dec 2007
                                      Location: The blue one
                                      Age: 21
                                      Gender: Male
                                      Nature: Calm
                                      Posts: 203
                                      Quote:
                                      Originally Posted by SwiftSign View Post
                                      How can I use NSE to edit the textbox? I loaded and changed it on there, pressed 'Insert -> Image Data', then save, however it just causes the game to go into a crashing frenzy (problems loading the first textbox image I presume?) ><.

                                      Pic:
                                      Spoiler:




                                      I have also attempted it by repointing the data to a 100% safe zone, but the same thing happens. If I reinsert the original back in then it works fine. ;_;
                                      1. No the image does not have to be compressed.
                                      2. It also looks like you are trying to import a "Type2" text-box in the "Type1" slot... don't do that!
                                      3. Do not edit any part of the image in this red box!



                                      That should fix up any issue you're having

                                      P.S. Attached are the original Type1 and 2 sprites in-case you need them
                                      Attached Files
                                      File Type: zip Originals.zip‎ (11.3 KB, 1 views) (Save to Dropbox)
                                      __________________
                                        #20924    
                                      Old April 6th, 2012 (1:40 PM).
                                      camoclone's Avatar
                                      camoclone camoclone is offline
                                         
                                        Join Date: Mar 2012
                                        Gender: Male
                                        Posts: 33
                                        [SIZE="a"]I am trying to hack a rom on a Mac. I can't code so I need some ideas on programs (like advanced map) that work on macs. Remember macs can't read exe files. Please help! I can hack any game so just include the game(s) it works on. Thank you.[/SIZE]
                                          #20925    
                                        Old April 6th, 2012 (10:37 PM).
                                        supershadow64ds's Avatar
                                        supershadow64ds supershadow64ds is offline
                                        Confused GBA Hacker
                                           
                                          Join Date: Aug 2011
                                          Gender: Male
                                          Nature: Quiet
                                          Posts: 16
                                          I recently downloaded a tool called Day Night Seasons. I have successfully inserted a day/night cycle into my Pokemon Fire Red hack, but I am asking for scripting help on how to display the time/day of the week. (I am a horrible noob at VAR hacking :cer_confused: ) So uh yeah...
                                          Closed Thread
                                          Quick Reply

                                          Sponsored Links
                                          Thread Tools

                                          Posting Rules
                                          You may not post new threads
                                          You may not post replies
                                          You may not post attachments
                                          You may not edit your posts

                                          BB code is On
                                          Smilies are On
                                          [IMG] code is On
                                          HTML code is Off

                                          Forum Jump


                                          All times are GMT -8. The time now is 2:48 PM.