ROM Hacking Need a helping hand? You can get help on any ROM Hacking-related problems or questions you have here.

Closed Thread

Old April 2nd, 2012 (3:12 PM).

Nature: Bold
    Hey guys, got a few questions..

1) When I unzip A-Text, the exe file disappears. I'm not sure how I'd go about rectifying this problem, as it appears my computer is automatically deleting the file upon unzipping. Any suggestions? I desperately need A-Text for a project I'm currently working on.

2) I think my two problems are related, but anyway, a lot of programs I have downloaded for use (most of the elitemap set, namely) are not working and a lot are saying that files are missing and to reinstall or whatever but no matter how many times I repeat, nothing is happening.

I know these are not exactly hacking related, but perhaps some one out there has had a similar issue and found a way around this? Thanks guys. Actually I tell you what if some one could attach the exe file for A-Text here so I can download the file directly, that'd potentially work for my first issue. Everything else for A-Text is intact, it's only the exe that's missing. Perhaps if I downloaded some one elses exe for A-Text, and used it within my A-Text folder, it'd work?

Still doesn't solve my second issue however, so if anyone has any tips or help they can offer, I'd be very grateful!

Relevant Advertising!

Old April 2nd, 2012 (4:51 PM).
    Metapods' got class!

Nature: Sassy
      For some reason XSE 1.1.1 refuses to run on my computer. I open it and it says a whole new scripting experiance has stopped working.

Also does anyone know if psvkui supports 7 digit offsets?
      Old April 3rd, 2012 (1:33 AM).
      Memento Mori
      • Gold Tier

Nature: Calm
      Quote:
      Originally Posted by redx2dth View Post
      Also does anyone know if psvkui supports 7 digit offsets?
      Well... since offset should be 4 hex numbers... 7 digits should be supported as long as the first is 0 which does not need to be written.

Anime List | PSN Trophy List
      Old April 3rd, 2012 (5:00 AM).
      • Silver Tier

How does one edit the amount of frames an overworld sprite has?

A Pokemon that is discriminated!
      Support squirtle and make it everyone's favourite.
      Old April 3rd, 2012 (6:51 AM).
      Mastermind of Pokemon Glazed

Nature: Quirky
        Quote:
        Originally Posted by Roffleman View Post

1) When I unzip A-Text, the exe file disappears. I'm not sure how I'd go about rectifying this problem, as it appears my computer is automatically deleting the file upon unzipping. Any suggestions? I desperately need A-Text for a project I'm currently working on.

2) I think my two problems are related, but anyway, a lot of programs I have downloaded for use (most of the elitemap set, namely) are not working and a lot are saying that files are missing and to reinstall or whatever but no matter how many times I repeat, nothing is happening.

I know these are not exactly hacking related, but perhaps some one out there has had a similar issue and found a way around this? Thanks guys. Actually I tell you what if some one could attach the exe file for A-Text here so I can download the file directly, that'd potentially work for my first issue. Everything else for A-Text is intact, it's only the exe that's missing. Perhaps if I downloaded some one elses exe for A-Text, and used it within my A-Text folder, it'd work?

Still doesn't solve my second issue however, so if anyone has any tips or help they can offer, I'd be very grateful!
        Is it an error like "blahblahblah.OCX is missing", or something along those lines? If it is, you need to download the OCX files from online, and register them. If you don't know how to register those kinds of files, I'd google a how-to guide for the command prompt. It's different depending on if you have 32 or 64 bit windows, so if one doesn't work, try the other.

Oh, and which unzipping program are you using?

I think I'm done with ROM hacking. I'll still pop in and visit, though.

Old April 3rd, 2012 (7:01 AM). Edited April 3rd, 2012 by redx2dth.
        Metapods' got class!

I got xse working. Well somewhat.
          It apparently will not run on 64 bit due to an improperly used api call to user32.dll (might bring that to hackmew's attention)
          I created another partition and dual booted windows 7 32 bit and it will run on that no prob.
          Old April 3rd, 2012 (9:05 AM).
          Cheese, for everyone!

Quote:
            Originally Posted by Roffleman View Post

Some picky virus protection programs delete hacking tools upon DL/Unzip. Disable your virus protection while unzipping these.
            Old April 3rd, 2012 (12:43 PM). Edited April 3rd, 2012 by south69_dallas.

i was using per to change the trainers and when i press backspace add a new value for the amount of pokemon they have it has a run time error 13 mismatch. also now when i click on the battle ids on the left they change automatically for example i now have 063 064 066 067 067 068 etc will that change back to normal or how do i fix it?

ok so i tried to clear the data for that trainer 067 a bug catcher in virdian forest and the it has another error after clearing the data, pretty much it wont let me edit that trainer now at all, i was able to go through advance trainer and access him but then it asks to re point the offset. The numbers are still funky though. sigh i hope this doesnt mean i need start from a fresh rom

last post for today i played the rom to c what my mess up wld do and i can battle the trainer i cleared althoughthe pre battle text is all jbfjbvkb and he sends out a ? pokemon that i defeated with a leer attack . thanks for helping me with my nubeness so yea how do i fix this trainer?
              Old April 3rd, 2012 (1:52 PM). Edited April 3rd, 2012 by Roffleman.

Nature: Bold
                Quote:
                Originally Posted by redriders180 View Post
                Is it an error like "blahblahblah.OCX is missing", or something along those lines? If it is, you need to download the OCX files from online, and register them. If you don't know how to register those kinds of files, I'd google a how-to guide for the command prompt. It's different depending on if you have 32 or 64 bit windows, so if one doesn't work, try the other.

Oh, and which unzipping program are you using?
                Yup, that's exactly it. I'll try Pppgggr's suggestion for temporarily disabling my virus protection software and re-unzipping them, but if this still doesn't work I'll take the approach you've suggested. Thanks heaps man, and I'll keep you updated as to what happens.

@ Pppgggr: Thanks, I'll give that a go.

EDIT: Alright, both of you are life savers!

@ redriders180: I should've followed your advice from the get go. I did try the registering of the file, but it turns out I was over-eager and jumped into it without considering the last part where you said it varies for 32 bit and 64 bit, and I wasn't having success until I searched for fixes for 64 bit. When I did I found my solution. Could've saved time if I had listened to you in the first place ;) Thanks so much man, wouldn't have been able to figure this out without your help.

@ Pppgggr: Disabled my Norton Anti-Virus and re-unzipped, and this solved my issue! The EXE files were evidently being deleted without any prompt by Norton, so I'm happy to report I have the exe file of my own accord now. Thanks so much man, without you or redriders180, my project would've likely stalled!
                Old April 4th, 2012 (7:56 AM).

Hi everyone, I'm making a Pokemon ROM hack. When creating a person event (In this case a battle) many tutorial videos have told me to tick the box next to Trainer although, I don't have a tick box next to Trainer all it says is $00 so I'm unsure on what to do.

so to confirm. On the right hand column next to where it says "Trainer" there should be a tick box but, I don't have a tick box, I have a box like the rest which says [$00].

I'm doing this with Pokemon Fire Red and to make sure it wasn't the Rom I've done it with Pokemon Ruby and still no tick box.

I'd like to know how I can get a tick box next to trainer but if not what do I type in where it says [$00] ?

If anyone can help it would be much appreciated, thanks
                  Old April 4th, 2012 (10:27 AM).

Hey guys, I have one question....I´m looking for pokemon trainer editor for GBA games, in which I can edit trainer´s PKM ....I had one and it was good, but I can´t remember name of it....
                    Old April 4th, 2012 (12:12 PM).

Quote:
                      Originally Posted by Arab View Post
                      Hey guys, I have one question....I´m looking for pokemon trainer editor for GBA games, in which I can edit trainer´s PKM ....I had one and it was good, but I can´t remember name of it....
                      Go with HackMew's A-Trainer. Dependable with a good UI.
                      Old April 4th, 2012 (12:13 PM).

Advanced Trainer, Get it at Filetrip.net.

Logic, so rare it's a goddamn superpower...
                        I also started messing with soundfonts... Check the rest of my channel for more.
                        Old April 4th, 2012 (5:15 PM).
                        Metapods' got class!

Quote:
                          Originally Posted by Byrne1995 View Post
                          Hi everyone, I'm making a Pokemon ROM hack. When creating a person event (In this case a battle) many tutorial videos have told me to tick the box next to Trainer although, I don't have a tick box next to Trainer all it says is $00 so I'm unsure on what to do.

so to confirm. On the right hand column next to where it says "Trainer" there should be a tick box but, I don't have a tick box, I have a box like the rest which says [$00].

I'm doing this with Pokemon Fire Red and to make sure it wasn't the Rom I've done it with Pokemon Ruby and still no tick box.

I'd like to know how I can get a tick box next to trainer but if not what do I type in where it says [$00] ?

Could you upload a screenshot of advance map? And what version are you using?
                          Old April 4th, 2012 (6:59 PM).

Quote:
                            Originally Posted by Byrne1995 View Post

The new A-map has $00 instead of a tickbox. Type in $01 to make it start a trainer battle when it sees you.

Old April 5th, 2012 (4:08 AM).

Quote:
                              Originally Posted by PsychoToxin View Post
                              Advanced Trainer, Get it at Filetrip.net.
                              Could you please send it to me via PM ? I was searching that website, but I can´t find it...
                              Old April 5th, 2012 (5:32 PM).
                              Metapods' got class!

Quote:
                                Originally Posted by Arab View Post
                                Could you please send it to me via PM ? I was searching that website, but I can´t find it...
                                http://filetrip.net/g25123196-Advance-Trainer.html
                                Old April 5th, 2012 (10:30 PM).

When setting which Pokemon will appear from Fishing (with Adv Map), what determines which ones can be caught with which rod?

Does it take the first two slots and let the Old Rod catch them, take the next 3 for the Good Rod, and the last 5 for the Super Rod?

Or it is based on levels, meaning anything I put down as 5-10 can be caught by the Old Rod, anything 10-30 is Good Rod, and anything above that is for the Super Rod?

I ask because I'd like to tweak the variety (and maybe the level ranges) of Pokemon the rods can catch, so that the Old and Good rods catch a few more, leaving the Super Rod to only pull in a few awesome Pokemon.
                                  Old April 5th, 2012 (10:35 PM).
                                  Heiki Hecchara‌‌
                                  • Crystal Tier

Nature: Jolly
                                  Quote:
                                  Originally Posted by Big_Bad_Lith View Post
                                  When setting which Pokemon will appear from Fishing (with Adv Map), what determines which ones can be caught with which rod?

Does it take the first two slots and let the Old Rod catch them, take the next 3 for the Good Rod, and the last 5 for the Super Rod?

Or it is based on levels, meaning anything I put down as 5-10 can be caught by the Old Rod, anything 10-30 is Good Rod, and anything above that is for the Super Rod?

I ask because I'd like to tweak the variety (and maybe the level ranges) of Pokemon the rods can catch, so that the Old and Good rods catch a few more, leaving the Super Rod to only pull in a few awesome Pokemon.
                                  Yup, the first two Pokemon can be caught with the Old Rod, the next three with the Good Rod and the rest are done with the Super Rod. You can see the specific chance ratios for each slot in this thread.
                                  Old April 6th, 2012 (2:51 AM).
                                  • Platinum Tier

How can I use NSE to edit the textbox? I loaded and changed it on there, pressed 'Insert -> Image Data', then save, however it just causes the game to go into a crashing frenzy (problems loading the first textbox image I presume?) ><.

Pic:
                                  Spoiler:

I have also attempted it by repointing the data to a 100% safe zone, but the same thing happens. If I reinsert the original back in then it works fine. ;_;
                                  Old April 6th, 2012 (5:30 AM).

Quote:
                                    Originally Posted by SwiftSign View Post
                                    How can I use NSE to edit the textbox? I loaded and changed it on there, pressed 'Insert -> Image Data', then save, however it just causes the game to go into a crashing frenzy (problems loading the first textbox image I presume?) ><.

Pic:
                                    Spoiler:

I have also attempted it by repointing the data to a 100% safe zone, but the same thing happens. If I reinsert the original back in then it works fine. ;_;
                                    Are you inserting it with compression? If not, that might be your problem.

Old April 6th, 2012 (8:18 AM).
                                    • Platinum Tier

Quote:
                                    Originally Posted by redriders180 View Post
                                    Are you inserting it with compression? If not, that might be your problem.
                                    I was inserting it normally, should I be inserting with compression instead then? :s
                                    Old April 6th, 2012 (9:20 AM).
                                    to measure how far we wonder

Quote:
                                      Originally Posted by SwiftSign View Post

Pic:
                                      Spoiler:

1. No the image does not have to be compressed.
                                      2. It also looks like you are trying to import a "Type2" text-box in the "Type1" slot... don't do that!
                                      3. Do not edit any part of the image in this red box!

That should fix up any issue you're having

P.S. Attached are the original Type1 and 2 sprites in-case you need them
                                      Attached Files
                                      File Type: zip Originals.zip‎ (11.3 KB, 1 views) (Save to Dropbox)
                                      Old April 6th, 2012 (1:40 PM).

[SIZE="a"]I am trying to hack a rom on a Mac. I can't code so I need some ideas on programs (like advanced map) that work on macs. Remember macs can't read exe files. Please help! I can hack any game so just include the game(s) it works on. Thank you.[/SIZE]
                                        Old April 6th, 2012 (10:37 PM).
                                        supershadow64ds supershadow64ds is offline
                                        Confused GBA Hacker

Nature: Quiet
                                          I recently downloaded a tool called Day Night Seasons. I have successfully inserted a day/night cycle into my Pokemon Fire Red hack, but I am asking for scripting help on how to display the time/day of the week. (I am a horrible noob at VAR hacking :cer_confused: ) So uh yeah...
                                          Closed Thread
                                          Quick Reply

Sponsored Links