• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Challenge Ideas & Discussion

Do you feel more people should get into Nuzlockes?

• Yes

Votes: 7 36.8%
  • No

Votes: 12 63.2%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
Just making sure! :) btw for future reference, even if you think it's a "mod's only" kind of question, feel free to ask. Can't hurt to find out, cause there's not too much stuff, at least in this forum, that's mod only info. Except right now because I will be working on some new things for this forum tomorrow. :3

infersaime

Come and get me
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Dec 1, 2023
All right thanks for the info I found only one challenge that interested me.

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
We will not. I had originally planned on it, but instead of an Easter event, you're all getting an Easter Challenge Forum makeover that I'll be working on soon hopefully. The next event will be in June.

Enigma

[i][font=Noto Serif][color=#e2ad53]The [color=#d94
Years
I'm liking the new changes I'm reading about in the announcement. Especially the double post and thread revival changes. :D

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
Yay, I'm glad! The thread revival I think would help. :) I was gonna go through the forum and bump up the ones that are now saved by that rule and to better acknowledge the new rules, but idk I was afraid you guys would think I was spamming, and no one wants a spammy mod. XD The double post thing I added kinda last minute actually. I didn't think about it till I was editing the rules today. I hope it doesn't confuse anyone tbh.

Meanwhile, I'm waiting on someone to post a challenge that gets deleted...that sounds mean though haha.

vaporeon7

My life would suck without you
Years
I'm also liking the new changes to the Challenge forum. I think the two months and double post changes are great though because one of the main turn offs of the not as popular challenges is that they are inactive and that it is likely that it would die with me as the last poster, but now that is much less an issue.

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
^ Actually, after that post, I think I'm going to edit the double post rule to where it's the last poster that can double post after a month, instead of the last poster being the OP. I think that will work better. Thanks for posting that even though you probably didn't mean for that to happen haha.

Enigma

Years
Hope all my fellow challengers had a happy Easter. :)

On the actual topic of challenges, I'm disappointed that I couldn't finish at least one ultimate during my Spring Break. :l I was expecting to have a lot more time until I was given five writing assignments. That being said, I can't wait for summer. I either want to finish my remaining solos or do all of the monocolors or monotypes. With two months until vacation begins, I do have a lot of time for time management planning.

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
Don't feel bad. :( At most, I did like two gyms in my Emerald challenge. That's it. And nothing on Gold. I did a good bit of RNGing though, so I mean, spring break wasn't totally in vain, but you know, I wish I had played Gold a bit. I'm at a point where I'm just grinding so it's like...I don't really wanna play. XD

SnowpointQuincy

Seeker of FRIEND CODES
Years
I had a challenge idea. IT's not so much hard as it is completionist.

The Catch 'em All Challenge

1. Must Catch all pokemon in an area before moving on to the next. (exclude Feebas, season locked, or other anomalies)

2. Your Team must be caught in Premier Balls. (including HM Slaves) (Legendarys can be used if you get them in a premier ball.)

3. Give Every Pokemon you catch a fun nickname

4. The Challenge is over when you catch every pokemon in your Regional Pokedex.

:15:

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
I think we had that once. As much as I love Premier Balls though, well, considering you have to buy Pokeballs in bulks of 10 just to get one, that'll get tedious and drain money, especially early on, even if you resell the Pokeballs and other things. Cause thinking about RSE, there are a LOT of Pokemon early in the game.

SnowpointQuincy

Seeker of FRIEND CODES
Years
well.... only your team of 6 would need premier balls. So, it would limit you two one or two pokemon at first. then you get more money. And, you will need to buy balls in bulk to catch them all.

However, the logistics of having enough money to buy enough balls for every pokemon early on is a really good question to consider.

vaporeon7

My life would suck without you
Years
I still haven't started my Swablu solo on Ruby yet, I've just been feeling so unwell in hospital that it's hard to do anything. I suppose I'd better plan out what moveset Swablu will have. Right now I'm thinking Sing, Ice Beam, Aerial Ace and Return. I think Magneton will make me cry... lol.

Enigma

Years
I still haven't started my Swablu solo on Ruby yet, I've just been feeling so unwell in hospital that it's hard to do anything. I suppose I'd better plan out what moveset Swablu will have. Right now I'm thinking Sing, Ice Beam, Aerial Ace and Return. I think Magneton will make me cry... lol.
Things are never as scary when you're overleveled. c:

Argh, I'm not going to have any time for challenges until probably next week or the week after. I've went a week without doing one and it feels odd.

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
I'm guessing Swablu can't use Flamethrower like Altaria? /too lazy to check

Inferno is right though. Nothing's scary when you're 34 levels ahead of things, lol. And that tends to happen in solo runs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back