Fan Clubs & Groups Fan Clubs & Groups are places to go to find like-minded members and talk about similar interests. Join or create a club here if it doesn't fit in any of the other sections.
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

 
 
Thread Tools
  #276    
Old April 8th, 2012 (12:50 PM).
Oryx's Avatar
Oryx Oryx is offline
CoquettishCat
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Age: 26
Gender: Female
Nature: Relaxed
Posts: 13,190
That's interesting that as a student at a catholic school I haven't seen much of that at all.

It rolled over to Easter while I was drunk. I then took advantage of the amazing food my dining hall offers for dinner and crawled into bed lool.
__________________


Theme * Pair * VM * PM

Not all men...

Are all men stupid?

That's right.

  #277    
Old April 8th, 2012 (1:05 PM).
droomph's Avatar
droomph droomph is offline
weeb
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: nowhere spectacular
Age: 21
Gender: Male
Nature: Impish
Posts: 4,291
^ I'm sure Jeebus will be okay with that ^^

Well, for Easter I read about 17 chapters of Acts just for fun.

...:useless:
__________________
did u no there r 21 letters in the alphabet
o i forgot 5
uraqt


  #278    
Old April 8th, 2012 (1:55 PM).
Alice's Avatar
Alice Alice is offline
(>^.(>0.0)>
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Oregon
Age: 26
Gender: Female
Nature: Careful
Posts: 3,079
I never do anything for Easter... I wish I could do the Easter egg hunting thing again tbh, but I'm too old for that, so there's not really anything to do.
  #279    
Old April 8th, 2012 (2:36 PM).
droomph's Avatar
droomph droomph is offline
weeb
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: nowhere spectacular
Age: 21
Gender: Male
Nature: Impish
Posts: 4,291
Well...haven't you thought about reading the Bible? It's lots of fun, seriously! I mean, lots of angry Jewish people stoning Christians but STILL IT'S FUN
__________________
did u no there r 21 letters in the alphabet
o i forgot 5
uraqt


  #280    
Old April 8th, 2012 (4:29 PM).
Shining Raichu's Avatar
Shining Raichu Shining Raichu is offline
Expect me like you expect Jesus.
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Australia
Age: 28
Gender: Male
Nature: Adamant
Posts: 8,990
Welcome droomph and Jarred0809!

I have to say, I've never seen anything like that on my Facebook feed either; I haven't seen any Jesus at all which is honestly surprising now that I think about it. I have quite a few Christians added as friends, including some hyper-religious cousins who actually go to church willingly...

My only real atheistic Easter tradition is to make sure I eat chicken or beef on Good Friday lol
__________________
Moderator of General Chat
  #281    
Old April 8th, 2012 (4:45 PM).
Oryx's Avatar
Oryx Oryx is offline
CoquettishCat
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Age: 26
Gender: Female
Nature: Relaxed
Posts: 13,190
I lied I just saw one.

"Like if he died for you, He's watching :)"

Also I have to read the bible for Theology. It's a huge annoyance, lol. :(
__________________


Theme * Pair * VM * PM

Not all men...

Are all men stupid?

That's right.

  #282    
Old April 8th, 2012 (6:35 PM).
droomph's Avatar
droomph droomph is offline
weeb
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: nowhere spectacular
Age: 21
Gender: Male
Nature: Impish
Posts: 4,291
Whoo thought I was in trouble for a moment there

...so if you don't mind me asking, which Book are you on?

Hah I saw one that was like "Like if you believe that God exists" and there was a Photoshopped (or something) shadow of a man in a cloud picture. Come on, really? I'm pretty sure God doesn't waste his time in the stratosphere of our puny world, with the ozone layer and such.
__________________
did u no there r 21 letters in the alphabet
o i forgot 5
uraqt


  #283    
Old April 8th, 2012 (6:43 PM).
Oryx's Avatar
Oryx Oryx is offline
CoquettishCat
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Age: 26
Gender: Female
Nature: Relaxed
Posts: 13,190
It's not like "read the Bible straight through", we just read certain books like Exodus, Mark, John, and Revelations, haha. We just finished John/Revelations so not sure where we're going from here.
__________________


Theme * Pair * VM * PM

Not all men...

Are all men stupid?

That's right.

  #284    
Old April 8th, 2012 (6:46 PM).
miltankRancher's Avatar
miltankRancher miltankRancher is offline
Mega Ampharos is the one.
     
    Join Date: May 2010
    Location: Philippines
    Age: 23
    Gender: Male
    Nature: Jolly
    Posts: 3,953
    Sign me up. I have been an atheist for quite a while, though a closet one, since Philippines is not really the country where you want to be an atheist, being a DEEPLY RELIGIOUS country at that.

    I have seen quite a few facebook posts, saying that, "if you love satan keep scrolling, and if you love Jesus, share this picture." I do not mean to be disrespectful at all, but what of those people who does not believe in him? Does that mean we are of the devil's army already? Being an atheist is like being branded as the devil's incarn.
    __________________

    I am a Roleplayer


    ...and I am PROUD of it.
    Lanistae Jacet [Lies of a Trainer]
      #285    
    Old April 8th, 2012 (6:47 PM).
    droomph's Avatar
    droomph droomph is offline
    weeb
     
    Join Date: Sep 2011
    Location: nowhere spectacular
    Age: 21
    Gender: Male
    Nature: Impish
    Posts: 4,291
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Toujours View Post
    It's not like "read the Bible straight through", we just read certain books like Exodus, Mark, John, and Revelations, haha. We just finished John/Revelations so not sure where we're going from here.
    Well John is a book about how Jesus helped people and Revelations is...well, a book of revelations, so you might be going into the "letters" part of the Bible soon (1-3 John, Romans, etc.).
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by miltankRancher View Post
    Sign me up. I have been an atheist for quite a while, though a closet one, since Philippines is not really the country where you want to be an atheist, being a DEEPLY RELIGIOUS country at that.

    I have seen quite a few facebook posts, saying that, "if you love satan keep scrolling, and if you love Jesus, share this picture." I do not mean to be disrespectful at all, but what of those people who does not believe in him? Does that mean we are of the devil's army already? Being an atheist is like being branded as the devil's incarn.
    Don't worry, they're just attention HHHHWWWWs (etc.) so you can just ignore them :) It's not like God's paying attention to fb THAT much, even God has limits to detail (but not to power, mercy, etc. please don't argue I mean no harm:(). I mean, he's USING fb to spread the word but he's not seeing who's scrolling past those pictures.

    If you believe he exists that is
    __________________
    did u no there r 21 letters in the alphabet
    o i forgot 5
    uraqt


      #286    
    Old April 8th, 2012 (6:51 PM).
    miltankRancher's Avatar
    miltankRancher miltankRancher is offline
    Mega Ampharos is the one.
       
      Join Date: May 2010
      Location: Philippines
      Age: 23
      Gender: Male
      Nature: Jolly
      Posts: 3,953
      Quote:
      Originally Posted by droomph View Post
      Well John is a book about how Jesus helped people and Revelations is...well, a book of revelations, so you might be going into the "letters" part of the Bible soon (1-3 John, Romans, etc.).
      Revelations is the only book of the bible I actually took some time to read. I have read a few verses and such, about the Apocalypse. There's not much there though. The letters of [Paul?] is the larger part of the new testament, though I believe it is not the most important, seeing as how the Gospel works. I also read the first few verses of Matthew where the timeline from Adam to Jesus was stated.
      __________________

      I am a Roleplayer


      ...and I am PROUD of it.
      Lanistae Jacet [Lies of a Trainer]
        #287    
      Old April 8th, 2012 (6:54 PM).
      droomph's Avatar
      droomph droomph is offline
      weeb
       
      Join Date: Sep 2011
      Location: nowhere spectacular
      Age: 21
      Gender: Male
      Nature: Impish
      Posts: 4,291
      Quote:
      Originally Posted by miltankRancher View Post
      Revelations is the only book of the bible I actually took some time to read. I have read a few verses and such, about the Apocalypse. There's not much there though. The letters of [Paul?] is the larger part of the new testament, though I believe it is not the most important, seeing as how the Gospel works. I also read the first few verses of Matthew where the timeline from Adam to Jesus was stated.
      Well from what I know the last few chapters of Matthew, Mark, Luke, and John (and the first few verses of Acts) are the most important to the Christian faith, because Easter and such and why we even bother with church on Sundays and stuff.
      __________________
      did u no there r 21 letters in the alphabet
      o i forgot 5
      uraqt


        #288    
      Old April 8th, 2012 (7:04 PM).
      miltankRancher's Avatar
      miltankRancher miltankRancher is offline
      Mega Ampharos is the one.
         
        Join Date: May 2010
        Location: Philippines
        Age: 23
        Gender: Male
        Nature: Jolly
        Posts: 3,953
        The books are basically the foundation of Christianity worldwide though.
        __________________

        I am a Roleplayer


        ...and I am PROUD of it.
        Lanistae Jacet [Lies of a Trainer]
          #289    
        Old April 8th, 2012 (7:09 PM).
        droomph's Avatar
        droomph droomph is offline
        weeb
         
        Join Date: Sep 2011
        Location: nowhere spectacular
        Age: 21
        Gender: Male
        Nature: Impish
        Posts: 4,291
        Quote:
        Originally Posted by miltankRancher View Post
        The books are basically the foundation of Christianity worldwide though.
        Yep. But those select verses are the real reason why there's still Christianity. The whole book is great, but the most important one are those verses. Always read that part first, before any other book. Then start with the Old Testament, working your way forward, and then finally finishing off with the Letters.
        __________________
        did u no there r 21 letters in the alphabet
        o i forgot 5
        uraqt


          #290    
        Old April 8th, 2012 (11:10 PM).
        Pecilia's Avatar
        Pecilia Pecilia is offline
        Best Witch
         
        Join Date: Jul 2010
        Location: 'Murica
        Gender: Male
        Nature: Modest
        Posts: 1,652
        I would like to partake in this social club filled with people who have the similar beliefs as myself. I was taught into church by my grandpa but my parents were Wiccan/Pagan so a clash between two religions makes it hard to pick, my brother went to Wicca and I just decided screw it I won't believe in any religion so I went Athiest. I recently read a book on different kinds of religions so I know more about other religions then an average person.
        __________________
          #291    
        Old April 9th, 2012 (12:10 AM).
        miltankRancher's Avatar
        miltankRancher miltankRancher is offline
        Mega Ampharos is the one.
           
          Join Date: May 2010
          Location: Philippines
          Age: 23
          Gender: Male
          Nature: Jolly
          Posts: 3,953
          Quote:
          Originally Posted by droomph View Post
          Yep. But those select verses are the real reason why there's still Christianity. The whole book is great, but the most important one are those verses. Always read that part first, before any other book. Then start with the Old Testament, working your way forward, and then finally finishing off with the Letters.
          I never really bothered reading the bible wholly. Just parts, yes, but as a whole, nah. Never.
          __________________

          I am a Roleplayer


          ...and I am PROUD of it.
          Lanistae Jacet [Lies of a Trainer]
            #292    
          Old April 9th, 2012 (10:49 AM). Edited April 9th, 2012 by droomph.
          droomph's Avatar
          droomph droomph is offline
          weeb
           
          Join Date: Sep 2011
          Location: nowhere spectacular
          Age: 21
          Gender: Male
          Nature: Impish
          Posts: 4,291
          Yeah it's boring sometimes too. Just skip the Census (where it lists all the descendants of Abraham) parts and you'll be fine.

          Quote:
          Originally Posted by greenmoon1996 View Post
          I would like to partake in this social club filled with people who have the similar beliefs as myself. I was taught into church by my grandpa but my parents were Wiccan/Pagan so a clash between two religions makes it hard to pick, my brother went to Wicca and I just decided screw it I won't believe in any religion so I went Athiest. I recently read a book on different kinds of religions so I know more about other religions then an average person.
          Well hi there! I hope you can find what you really want (and get to know yourself) here!

          We're not the pushy type, we swear.
          __________________
          did u no there r 21 letters in the alphabet
          o i forgot 5
          uraqt


            #293    
          Old April 9th, 2012 (4:54 PM).
          Shining Raichu's Avatar
          Shining Raichu Shining Raichu is offline
          Expect me like you expect Jesus.
           
          Join Date: Feb 2011
          Location: Australia
          Age: 28
          Gender: Male
          Nature: Adamant
          Posts: 8,990
          Welcome miltankRancher and greenmoon1996! :D

          The Bible is honestly terribly written. You'd think if God were going to compel these people to write a book he would have chosen better writers or made these people better writers. I've read the first two pages and I almost got a headache from just how awful it was. it seemed to me that for each paragraph they picked a word and then they revolved that entire paragraph around that word and featured it at least once in each sentence. I came out of it with Jackie Chan confused face.
          __________________
          Moderator of General Chat
            #294    
          Old April 9th, 2012 (5:33 PM).
          Mockingjay's Avatar
          Mockingjay Mockingjay is offline
          Friends: See my About Me.
             
            Join Date: Feb 2012
            Gender: Male
            Nature: Jolly
            Posts: 177
            Hello, my name is Jessi, but my name on here is Mockingjay.

            I am 15 years old, and most of my family is extremely religious. I was brought up by Catholics, went to Catholic schools, and forced into after school religion classes after I moved onto public schools.

            I, however, have been a closet Atheist for a while now. I've recently said something to my dad, cousin, three best friends, and some other friends when religious debates came up.

            I honestly see no point in any religion whatsoever. All they've done is bring war upon people. However, my grandmother, along with my other family members, would deem me as a devil worshiper if I said otherwise.

            In addition, I believe the Bible is a load of baloney. Perhaps the people in it were real, but most likely not. If they were, Jesus surely didn't rise from the dead. That's just crazy. Regardless of my beliefs, I have to keep my mouth shut if I want some peace and quiet in my family.

            My favorite quotes from a Bible:


            Ezekiel 23:19 -23:20 (New International Version) NIV
            "
            Yet she became more and more promiscuous as she recalled the days of her youth, when she was a prostitute in Egypt.
            There she lusted after her lovers, whose genitals were like those of donkeys and whose emission was like that of horses."
              #295    
            Old April 9th, 2012 (5:38 PM).
            Mana's Avatar
            Mana Mana is offline
             
            Join Date: Jan 2009
            Location: UK
            Age: 27
            Gender: Male
            Posts: 10,066
            Quote:
            Originally Posted by Mockingjay View Post
            Hello, my name is Jessi, but my name on here is Mockingjay.

            I am 15 years old, and most of my family is extremely religious. I was brought up by Catholics, went to Catholic schools, and forced into after school religion classes after I moved onto public schools.

            I, however, have been a closet Atheist for a while now. I've recently said something to my dad, cousin, three best friends, and some other friends when religious debates came up.

            I honestly see no point in any religion whatsoever. All they've done is bring war upon people. However, my grandmother, along with my other family members, would deem me as a devil worshiper if I said otherwise.

            In addition, I believe the Bible is a load of baloney. Perhaps the people in it were real, but most likely not. If they were, Jesus surely didn't rise from the dead. That's just crazy. Regardless of my beliefs, I have to keep my mouth shut if I want some peace and quiet in my family.

            My favorite quotes from a Bible:


            Ezekiel 23:19 -23:20 (New International Version) NIV
            "
            Yet she became more and more promiscuous as she recalled the days of her youth, when she was a prostitute in Egypt.
            There she lusted after her lovers, whose genitals were like those of donkeys and whose emission was like that of horses."
            Welcome Jessi! :D That quote is actually hilarious, at least something good came out of the bible ;D
            __________________
              #296    
            Old April 9th, 2012 (6:05 PM).
            droomph's Avatar
            droomph droomph is offline
            weeb
             
            Join Date: Sep 2011
            Location: nowhere spectacular
            Age: 21
            Gender: Male
            Nature: Impish
            Posts: 4,291
            Quote:
            Originally Posted by Shining Raichu View Post
            Welcome miltankRancher and greenmoon1996! :D

            The Bible is honestly terribly written. You'd think if God were going to compel these people to write a book he would have chosen better writers or made these people better writers. I've read the first two pages and I almost got a headache from just how awful it was. it seemed to me that for each paragraph they picked a word and then they revolved that entire paragraph around that word and featured it at least once in each sentence. I came out of it with Jackie Chan confused face.
            Yeah...well, it's in a desperate need of a rewrite.

            E.g. Leprosy is a treatable disease now. Switch to cancer prtyplz?

            There are lots others but I can't think of any as of now.
            __________________
            did u no there r 21 letters in the alphabet
            o i forgot 5
            uraqt


              #297    
            Old April 9th, 2012 (6:10 PM).
            Oryx's Avatar
            Oryx Oryx is offline
            CoquettishCat
             
            Join Date: Mar 2011
            Age: 26
            Gender: Female
            Nature: Relaxed
            Posts: 13,190
            But you have to think of the symbolism in the book. As much as I'm not religious, would you ask a book written in the past to be changed so you can understand it better? Why ask the Bible to do the same thing? And the symbolism of leprosy isn't the same as the current symbolism of cancer; back then leprosy was seen as a punishment for sin, and the people were confined because of how contagious it was and no one wanted to touch them. That doesn't apply to cancer so if Jesus is kind and gets near someone with cancer it doesn't have the same effect.
            __________________


            Theme * Pair * VM * PM

            Not all men...

            Are all men stupid?

            That's right.

              #298    
            Old April 9th, 2012 (6:11 PM).
            miltankRancher's Avatar
            miltankRancher miltankRancher is offline
            Mega Ampharos is the one.
               
              Join Date: May 2010
              Location: Philippines
              Age: 23
              Gender: Male
              Nature: Jolly
              Posts: 3,953
              Quote:
              Originally Posted by Shining Raichu View Post
              Welcome miltankRancher and greenmoon1996! :D

              The Bible is honestly terribly written. You'd think if God were going to compel these people to write a book he would have chosen better writers or made these people better writers. I've read the first two pages and I almost got a headache from just how awful it was. it seemed to me that for each paragraph they picked a word and then they revolved that entire paragraph around that word and featured it at least once in each sentence. I came out of it with Jackie Chan confused face.
              I agree. I mean, they could have made it better. We live in a modern world, and the bible simply does not live in it. Pre-medieval words. I mean, if it was the Word, why not edit it to make it more... I don't know understandable. But I know it is not possible as it has been written that way by people long dead. But I still believe, even in their time period, they could have written it better.
              __________________

              I am a Roleplayer


              ...and I am PROUD of it.
              Lanistae Jacet [Lies of a Trainer]
                #299    
              Old April 9th, 2012 (6:36 PM).
              droomph's Avatar
              droomph droomph is offline
              weeb
               
              Join Date: Sep 2011
              Location: nowhere spectacular
              Age: 21
              Gender: Male
              Nature: Impish
              Posts: 4,291
              Quote:
              Originally Posted by Toujours View Post
              But you have to think of the symbolism in the book. As much as I'm not religious, would you ask a book written in the past to be changed so you can understand it better? Why ask the Bible to do the same thing? And the symbolism of leprosy isn't the same as the current symbolism of cancer; back then leprosy was seen as a punishment for sin, and the people were confined because of how contagious it was and no one wanted to touch them. That doesn't apply to cancer so if Jesus is kind and gets near someone with cancer it doesn't have the same effect.
              Well you know what I'm trying to get at. Well? I don't know, but the Leprosy being curable part still stands.

              And I'm thinking, maybe no religion ever made is ever right, and no one will ever, because the real power that resides over the universe is way too complicated to be described even vaguely accurately. Or maybe they can be described, but no one knows enough to make a lasting description that people from eras afterward can understand and relate to.

              Oh well, might as well not question it in the case that I am wrong ^^
              __________________
              did u no there r 21 letters in the alphabet
              o i forgot 5
              uraqt


                #300    
              Old April 9th, 2012 (7:53 PM).
              Phantom's Avatar
              Phantom Phantom is offline
              Uh, I didn't do it
               
              Join Date: Aug 2011
              Location: Minnesota
              Age: 28
              Gender: Female
              Nature: Brave
              Posts: 1,186
              In other news, my former high school (CLASS OF '09 BABY! :P), kicked the archdiocese out during an assembly. Link.
              __________________
               

              Quick Reply

              Join the conversation!

              Create an account to post a reply in this thread, participate in other discussions, and more!

              Create a PokéCommunity Account
              Thread Tools

              Posting Rules
              You may not post new threads
              You may not post replies
              You may not post attachments
              You may not edit your posts

              BB code is On
              Smilies are On
              [IMG] code is On
              HTML code is Off

              Forum Jump


              All times are GMT -8. The time now is 9:35 PM.