• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.

Atheist Alliance

Phantom1

[css-div="font-size: 12px; font-variant: small-cap
Years
In other news, my former high school (CLASS OF '09 BABY! :P), kicked the archdiocese out during an assembly. Link.

miltankRancher

Mega Ampharos is the one.
Years
He [the archdiocese] is indeed rude. I mean, people has their own rights, and each individual is entitled to their opinion. We are subject to our own conscience, what is right and wrong. No one should tell us that loving another of the same sex is a sin because it is not. If we feel it is right, then it is. It is just a matter of perspective. And if they throw us the argument that it is our role to reproduce and we cannot with the same sex, then hell to them also. because.

THEY CANNOT REPRODUCE EITHER. It is forbidden of their vows. Yes it is a vow, but aren't they technically 'sinning' against the God whom they are worshipping? What is the difference between their vows and the vows to love of two person, regardless of sex?

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Aug 30, 2023
The Bible says that if a man sleeps with another man, it is an abomination, and they should be executed...but the Bible says the same about sex before marriage, tattoos, and various other stuff.

miltankRancher

Years
Well, counting all those banned things, three fourths of the population would be dead, leaving only the would-be saints.

Years
A priest would probably say that everyone is a sinner and that you just have to acknowledge it and ask for forgiveness, and that he has done that so it's okay that he isn't having children because he's still ~trying~ to do the "right" Christian thing.

It's a difficult thing to respond to. Someone says "you are something bad" and when you point out that you aren't that different from the other person they agree with you. They admit that there is something inherently wrong with themselves, but that their actions are good. To me, for almost everyone on the planet it's more the other way around: You are inherently something good, and it's your choices which determine whether you're a good person or bad person. So even a good person who does good things is bad, at their core, on account of being human, and you're supposed to agree with that.

droomph

weeb
Years
The Bible says that you can be the biggest ffffff ever and God will still forgive you, if you repent. That's pretty much it, although he would appreciate it if you helped people and TRIED to be good.

Also the Bible says nothing about lesbians :justsayin:

Years
  • Age 32
  • UK
  • Seen Oct 17, 2023
I found something perfect for you guys :3

Spoiler:

Shining Raichu

Expect me like you expect Jesus.
Years
This is the part that disturbs me:

"When they finally got to gay marriage, [students] were really upset," said Bliss. "You could look around the room and feel the anger. My friend who is a lesbian started crying, and people were crying in the bathroom."

The fact that this horrible little propaganda fest had people in tears and yet they persevered until actually thrown out of the room? That's what makes me angrier than anything else. If you want your twisted ass-backwards views on everything that's fine, but if you start upsetting people you grow some social skills and shut the hell up.

Also LOL @ SwiftSign.

Also, welcome Mockingjay!!! /waylate

miltankRancher

Years
nice one swiftsign.

"Practice what you preach, they said."

Yeah, and that leaves you without proper forum etiquette, social skills, lack of human emotions understanding. They would be fine, if the moment unrest in the room started, they left, but instead continue on their work.

Oryx

CoquettishCat
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 30, 2015
I don't like that separation between 'gnostic atheist' and 'agnostic atheist' tbh. That doesn't need to be atheism, it has its own "religion", agnosticism. Why would someone you call yourself atheist if you're agnostic? o_O

Years
  • Age 32
  • UK
  • Seen Oct 17, 2023
I don't like that separation between 'gnostic atheist' and 'agnostic atheist' tbh. That doesn't need to be atheism, it has its own "religion", agnosticism. Why would someone you call yourself atheist if you're agnostic? o_O

Most people don't seem to know how Agnostic differs from Atheism so that's probably why people put them together.

Or because then either way they can seem right! :O

"There is no God," "Seeee told you,"
"There is a God," "Oh I know I was just waiting for the evidence,"

Years
Dude, I had my own link lmao. The categories are sad, glad and mad!
Sounds like someone's fallen into the mad category.

Those categories are kinda limiting and stereotypical tbh. The list miltankRancher gave is a bit more comprehensive, though no list could totally contain all possible iterations of everyone's views. Like I'm mostly an agnostic/implicit atheist in that I lack a belief rather than affirm a lack of existence, but but I personally feel that if there were a god I'd have had some kind of sign or feeling of it by now, and while I would never call that personal feeling evidence or scientific and use it as an argument it's still good enough for me when combined with other arguments in helping me come to my own conclusions.

Shining Raichu

Expect me like you expect Jesus.
Years
Contrary to limiting, I think the beauty of it is its simplicity. It's not designed to question your beliefs and the intricacies therein, it's only meant to question how you feel about your own atheism.

I would consider myself as fluctuating between mad and glad, but not once have I been sad or cared that highly about the cosmic stakes of my atheism on the off-chance that I'm wrong (because not to sound arrogant, but I'm not).

As far as miltankRancher's list goes, I'm a gnostic, positive, broad, indifferent, open, active, non-religious atheist :P

Toujours said:

I think it's fine as it was explained in the article itself. An agnostic person, if I understand correctly, is somebody who doesn't believe they will ever be able to know for sure whether or not God exists, so therefore they are unsure themeslves. An agnostic atheist is somebody who doesn't believe in any God but also does not claim to know that for certain. It's just asserting the difference between belief and knowledge.

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Aug 30, 2023
I found something perfect for you guys :3

Spoiler:

I love you.

This is the part that disturbs me:

The fact that this horrible little propaganda fest had people in tears and yet they persevered until actually thrown out of the room? That's what makes me angrier than anything else. If you want your twisted ass-backwards views on everything that's fine, but if you start upsetting people you grow some social skills and shut the hell up.

Also LOL @ SwiftSign.

Also, welcome Mockingjay!!! /waylate

THANK YOU FOR WELCOMING ME. :D

I have a question for you, guys:

What kind of atheist are you?

Glad. Totally glad. However...

LINK TO THE KINDS OF ATHEIST

well, looking at the list, I am an agnostic, closet, passive atheist. I believe that we are the master of our own destiny.

With this..

I'm a gnostic, positive, broad, friendly, half closet/half open (depends), passive, non-religious atheist.

My best friends, other friends, and family are, in the majority, Catholic or Christians. I do not shove my beliefs down their throats, but they shove theirs down mine.

Just today, in science class, my entire group of 8 people were discussing the Passion of Christ. They all agreed that it "really happened" and that the movie "made them feel sad." They then realized I said nothing, and they asked me what religion I was. I, however, said I would not prefer to say, but they kept questioning me. I shut up then, as they are my friends. The last thing I needed was them lecturing me and ganging up on me in the middle of class. I don't like to hate on others for their beliefs, but when that's all you talk about, don't expect me to care...

Back