Fan Clubs & Groups Fan Clubs & Groups are places to go to find like-minded members and talk about similar interests. Join or create a club here if it doesn't fit in any of the other sections.
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

 
 
Thread Tools
  #301    
Old April 9th, 2012 (7:53 PM).
Phantom's Avatar
Phantom Phantom is offline
Uh, I didn't do it
  • Crystal Tier
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Minnesota
Age: 26
Gender: Female
Nature: Brave
Posts: 1,181
In other news, my former high school (CLASS OF '09 BABY! ), kicked the archdiocese out during an assembly. Link.
__________________

Relevant Advertising!

  #302    
Old April 9th, 2012 (8:00 PM).
droomph's Avatar
droomph droomph is offline
weeb
  • Crystal Tier
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: nowhere spectacular
Age: 20
Gender: Male
Nature: Impish
Posts: 4,291
Well gay marriage to bestiality. Who wouldn't be offended.
__________________
did u no there r 21 letters in the alphabet
o i forgot 5
uraqt


  #303    
Old April 10th, 2012 (12:22 AM).
miltankRancher's Avatar
miltankRancher miltankRancher is offline
Mega Ampharos is the one.
     
    Join Date: May 2010
    Location: Philippines
    Age: 22
    Gender: Male
    Nature: Jolly
    Posts: 3,953
    Send a message via Yahoo to miltankRancher
    He [the archdiocese] is indeed rude. I mean, people has their own rights, and each individual is entitled to their opinion. We are subject to our own conscience, what is right and wrong. No one should tell us that loving another of the same sex is a sin because it is not. If we feel it is right, then it is. It is just a matter of perspective. And if they throw us the argument that it is our role to reproduce and we cannot with the same sex, then hell to them also. because.

    THEY CANNOT REPRODUCE EITHER. It is forbidden of their vows. Yes it is a vow, but aren't they technically 'sinning' against the God whom they are worshipping? What is the difference between their vows and the vows to love of two person, regardless of sex?
    __________________

    I am a Roleplayer


    ...and I am PROUD of it.
    Lanistae Jacet [Lies of a Trainer]
      #304    
    Old April 10th, 2012 (2:37 AM).
    Mockingjay's Avatar
    Mockingjay Mockingjay is offline
    Friends: See my About Me.
       
      Join Date: Feb 2012
      Gender: Male
      Nature: Jolly
      Posts: 177
      The Bible says that if a man sleeps with another man, it is an abomination, and they should be executed...but the Bible says the same about sex before marriage, tattoos, and various other stuff.
        #305    
      Old April 10th, 2012 (3:11 AM).
      miltankRancher's Avatar
      miltankRancher miltankRancher is offline
      Mega Ampharos is the one.
         
        Join Date: May 2010
        Location: Philippines
        Age: 22
        Gender: Male
        Nature: Jolly
        Posts: 3,953
        Send a message via Yahoo to miltankRancher
        Well, counting all those banned things, three fourths of the population would be dead, leaving only the would-be saints.
        __________________

        I am a Roleplayer


        ...and I am PROUD of it.
        Lanistae Jacet [Lies of a Trainer]
          #306    
        Old April 10th, 2012 (7:14 AM).
        Esper's Avatar
        Esper Esper is offline
        • Silver Tier
         
        Join Date: Jun 2009
        Location: California
        Posts: 10,405
        A priest would probably say that everyone is a sinner and that you just have to acknowledge it and ask for forgiveness, and that he has done that so it's okay that he isn't having children because he's still ~trying~ to do the "right" Christian thing.

        It's a difficult thing to respond to. Someone says "you are something bad" and when you point out that you aren't that different from the other person they agree with you. They admit that there is something inherently wrong with themselves, but that their actions are good. To me, for almost everyone on the planet it's more the other way around: You are inherently something good, and it's your choices which determine whether you're a good person or bad person. So even a good person who does good things is bad, at their core, on account of being human, and you're supposed to agree with that.
        __________________
          #307    
        Old April 10th, 2012 (9:29 AM).
        droomph's Avatar
        droomph droomph is offline
        weeb
        • Crystal Tier
         
        Join Date: Sep 2011
        Location: nowhere spectacular
        Age: 20
        Gender: Male
        Nature: Impish
        Posts: 4,291
        The Bible says that you can be the biggest ffffff ever and God will still forgive you, if you repent. That's pretty much it, although he would appreciate it if you helped people and TRIED to be good.

        Also the Bible says nothing about lesbians :justsayin:
        __________________
        did u no there r 21 letters in the alphabet
        o i forgot 5
        uraqt


          #308    
        Old April 11th, 2012 (2:43 AM).
        Mana's Avatar
        Mana Mana is offline
        • Platinum Tier
         
        Join Date: Jan 2009
        Location: UK
        Gender: Female
        Posts: 10,005
        I found something perfect for you guys :3

        Spoiler:


          #309    
        Old April 11th, 2012 (9:06 AM).
        Shining Raichu's Avatar
        Shining Raichu Shining Raichu is offline
        Expect me like you expect Jesus.
        • Platinum Tier
         
        Join Date: Feb 2011
        Location: Australia
        Age: 26
        Gender: Male
        Nature: Adamant
        Posts: 9,075
        This is the part that disturbs me:

        Quote:
        "When they finally got to gay marriage, [students] were really upset," said Bliss. "You could look around the room and feel the anger. My friend who is a lesbian started crying, and people were crying in the bathroom."
        The fact that this horrible little propaganda fest had people in tears and yet they persevered until actually thrown out of the room? That's what makes me angrier than anything else. If you want your twisted ass-backwards views on everything that's fine, but if you start upsetting people you grow some social skills and shut the hell up.

        Also LOL @ SwiftSign.

        Also, welcome Mockingjay!!! /waylate
        __________________

        "So this is why God bombed us."

        Moderator of General Chat

          #310    
        Old April 11th, 2012 (2:31 PM).
        miltankRancher's Avatar
        miltankRancher miltankRancher is offline
        Mega Ampharos is the one.
           
          Join Date: May 2010
          Location: Philippines
          Age: 22
          Gender: Male
          Nature: Jolly
          Posts: 3,953
          Send a message via Yahoo to miltankRancher
          nice one swiftsign.

          "Practice what you preach, they said."

          Yeah, and that leaves you without proper forum etiquette, social skills, lack of human emotions understanding. They would be fine, if the moment unrest in the room started, they left, but instead continue on their work.
          __________________

          I am a Roleplayer


          ...and I am PROUD of it.
          Lanistae Jacet [Lies of a Trainer]
            #311    
          Old April 12th, 2012 (1:19 AM).
          Shining Raichu's Avatar
          Shining Raichu Shining Raichu is offline
          Expect me like you expect Jesus.
          • Platinum Tier
           
          Join Date: Feb 2011
          Location: Australia
          Age: 26
          Gender: Male
          Nature: Adamant
          Posts: 9,075
          I have a question for you, guys:

          What kind of atheist are you?
          __________________

          "So this is why God bombed us."

          Moderator of General Chat

            #312    
          Old April 12th, 2012 (3:56 AM).
          miltankRancher's Avatar
          miltankRancher miltankRancher is offline
          Mega Ampharos is the one.
             
            Join Date: May 2010
            Location: Philippines
            Age: 22
            Gender: Male
            Nature: Jolly
            Posts: 3,953
            Send a message via Yahoo to miltankRancher
            LINK TO THE KINDS OF ATHEIST

            well, looking at the list, I am an agnostic, closet, passive atheist. I believe that we are the master of our own destiny.
            __________________

            I am a Roleplayer


            ...and I am PROUD of it.
            Lanistae Jacet [Lies of a Trainer]
              #313    
            Old April 12th, 2012 (4:17 AM).
            Shining Raichu's Avatar
            Shining Raichu Shining Raichu is offline
            Expect me like you expect Jesus.
            • Platinum Tier
             
            Join Date: Feb 2011
            Location: Australia
            Age: 26
            Gender: Male
            Nature: Adamant
            Posts: 9,075
            Dude, I had my own link lmao. The categories are sad, glad and mad!
            __________________

            "So this is why God bombed us."

            Moderator of General Chat

              #314    
            Old April 12th, 2012 (5:23 AM).
            miltankRancher's Avatar
            miltankRancher miltankRancher is offline
            Mega Ampharos is the one.
               
              Join Date: May 2010
              Location: Philippines
              Age: 22
              Gender: Male
              Nature: Jolly
              Posts: 3,953
              Send a message via Yahoo to miltankRancher
              SORRY! I missed that. XD

              I am a glad I guess.
              __________________

              I am a Roleplayer


              ...and I am PROUD of it.
              Lanistae Jacet [Lies of a Trainer]
                #315    
              Old April 12th, 2012 (6:32 AM).
              Mana's Avatar
              Mana Mana is offline
              • Platinum Tier
               
              Join Date: Jan 2009
              Location: UK
              Gender: Female
              Posts: 10,005
              I am a mad/glad, narrow, explicit but fairly passive Atheist :3
                #316    
              Old April 12th, 2012 (6:55 AM).
              Oryx's Avatar
              Oryx Oryx is offline
              CoquettishCat
              • Crystal Tier
               
              Join Date: Mar 2011
              Age: 24
              Gender: Female
              Nature: Relaxed
              Posts: 13,204
              I don't like that separation between 'gnostic atheist' and 'agnostic atheist' tbh. That doesn't need to be atheism, it has its own "religion", agnosticism. Why would someone you call yourself atheist if you're agnostic? o_O
              __________________


              Theme * Pair * VM * PM

              Not all men...

              Are all men stupid?

              That's right.

                #317    
              Old April 12th, 2012 (6:58 AM).
              Mana's Avatar
              Mana Mana is offline
              • Platinum Tier
               
              Join Date: Jan 2009
              Location: UK
              Gender: Female
              Posts: 10,005
              Quote:
              Originally Posted by Toujours View Post
              I don't like that separation between 'gnostic atheist' and 'agnostic atheist' tbh. That doesn't need to be atheism, it has its own "religion", agnosticism. Why would someone you call yourself atheist if you're agnostic?
              Most people don't seem to know how Agnostic differs from Atheism so that's probably why people put them together.

              Or because then either way they can seem right! :O

              "There is no God," "Seeee told you,"
              "There is a God," "Oh I know I was just waiting for the evidence,"
                #318    
              Old April 12th, 2012 (7:15 AM).
              Esper's Avatar
              Esper Esper is offline
              • Silver Tier
               
              Join Date: Jun 2009
              Location: California
              Posts: 10,405
              Quote:
              Originally Posted by Shining Raichu View Post
              Dude, I had my own link lmao. The categories are sad, glad and mad!
              Sounds like someone's fallen into the mad category.

              Those categories are kinda limiting and stereotypical tbh. The list miltankRancher gave is a bit more comprehensive, though no list could totally contain all possible iterations of everyone's views. Like I'm mostly an agnostic/implicit atheist in that I lack a belief rather than affirm a lack of existence, but but I personally feel that if there were a god I'd have had some kind of sign or feeling of it by now, and while I would never call that personal feeling evidence or scientific and use it as an argument it's still good enough for me when combined with other arguments in helping me come to my own conclusions.
              __________________
                #319    
              Old April 12th, 2012 (11:58 PM).
              Shining Raichu's Avatar
              Shining Raichu Shining Raichu is offline
              Expect me like you expect Jesus.
              • Platinum Tier
               
              Join Date: Feb 2011
              Location: Australia
              Age: 26
              Gender: Male
              Nature: Adamant
              Posts: 9,075
              Contrary to limiting, I think the beauty of it is its simplicity. It's not designed to question your beliefs and the intricacies therein, it's only meant to question how you feel about your own atheism.

              I would consider myself as fluctuating between mad and glad, but not once have I been sad or cared that highly about the cosmic stakes of my atheism on the off-chance that I'm wrong (because not to sound arrogant, but I'm not).

              As far as miltankRancher's list goes, I'm a gnostic, positive, broad, indifferent, open, active, non-religious atheist

              Quote:
              Originally Posted by Toujours
              I don't like that separation between 'gnostic atheist' and 'agnostic atheist' tbh. That doesn't need to be atheism, it has its own "religion", agnosticism. Why would someone you call yourself atheist if you're agnostic?
              I think it's fine as it was explained in the article itself. An agnostic person, if I understand correctly, is somebody who doesn't believe they will ever be able to know for sure whether or not God exists, so therefore they are unsure themeslves. An agnostic atheist is somebody who doesn't believe in any God but also does not claim to know that for certain. It's just asserting the difference between belief and knowledge.
              __________________

              "So this is why God bombed us."

              Moderator of General Chat

                #320    
              Old April 13th, 2012 (12:09 PM).
              Mockingjay's Avatar
              Mockingjay Mockingjay is offline
              Friends: See my About Me.
                 
                Join Date: Feb 2012
                Gender: Male
                Nature: Jolly
                Posts: 177
                Quote:
                Originally Posted by SwiftSign View Post
                I found something perfect for you guys :3

                Spoiler:


                I love you.

                Quote:
                Originally Posted by Shining Raichu View Post
                This is the part that disturbs me:



                The fact that this horrible little propaganda fest had people in tears and yet they persevered until actually thrown out of the room? That's what makes me angrier than anything else. If you want your twisted ass-backwards views on everything that's fine, but if you start upsetting people you grow some social skills and shut the hell up.

                Also LOL @ SwiftSign.

                Also, welcome Mockingjay!!! /waylate
                THANK YOU FOR WELCOMING ME. :D

                Quote:
                Originally Posted by Shining Raichu View Post
                I have a question for you, guys:

                What kind of atheist are you?
                Glad. Totally glad. However...

                Quote:
                Originally Posted by miltankRancher View Post
                LINK TO THE KINDS OF ATHEIST

                well, looking at the list, I am an agnostic, closet, passive atheist. I believe that we are the master of our own destiny.
                With this..

                I'm a gnostic, positive, broad, friendly, half closet/half open (depends), passive, non-religious atheist.

                My best friends, other friends, and family are, in the majority, Catholic or Christians. I do not shove my beliefs down their throats, but they shove theirs down mine.

                Just today, in science class, my entire group of 8 people were discussing the Passion of Christ. They all agreed that it "really happened" and that the movie "made them feel sad." They then realized I said nothing, and they asked me what religion I was. I, however, said I would not prefer to say, but they kept questioning me. I shut up then, as they are my friends. The last thing I needed was them lecturing me and ganging up on me in the middle of class. I don't like to hate on others for their beliefs, but when that's all you talk about, don't expect me to care...
                  #321    
                Old April 13th, 2012 (12:24 PM).
                Mana's Avatar
                Mana Mana is offline
                • Platinum Tier
                 
                Join Date: Jan 2009
                Location: UK
                Gender: Female
                Posts: 10,005
                Quote:
                Originally Posted by Mockingjay View Post
                Just today, in science class, my entire group of 8 people were discussing the Passion of Christ. They all agreed that it "really happened" and that the movie "made them feel sad." They then realized I said nothing, and they asked me what religion I was. I, however, said I would not prefer to say, but they kept questioning me. I shut up then, as they are my friends. The last thing I needed was them lecturing me and ganging up on me in the middle of class. I don't like to hate on others for their beliefs, but when that's all you talk about, don't expect me to care...

                Was Passion of Christ relevant to your Science class or?... o_o Do you live in the bible belt? It's weird for me to think people have to live like that, where Atheism isn't normal, since I'm at University studying Zoology/Science and roughly 50% of people are Atheist.
                  #322    
                Old April 13th, 2012 (12:26 PM). Edited April 13th, 2012 by droomph.
                droomph's Avatar
                droomph droomph is offline
                weeb
                • Crystal Tier
                 
                Join Date: Sep 2011
                Location: nowhere spectacular
                Age: 20
                Gender: Male
                Nature: Impish
                Posts: 4,291
                I think that if you take religion too seriously and start persecuting people because yeah, gô∂ (or whoever) wouldn't like it, as the point of religion is to create order and peace.

                I think the atheist people can go to (my) hell if they don't believe in (my) Jeebus but that's something for God to take care of, not me. I'm here to help. If you seriously want to know more, I'm here to help. However I'm not gonna hassle you about it in the middle of San Francisco, and if you don't want to I won't come knocking on your door with the Bible in my hands and hassling in my mind. Besides, Apossul Apostle Paul says I'm not supposed to "hassle in the name of Christ" so screw you Born Agains, I'm doing it the way I very darn feel like.

                Please do understand, Atheists, that we're not supposed to be like them. COME LOVE US ON SUNDAYS PRTYPLZ
                Quote:
                There's probably no God, now stop worrying and enjoy your life.
                That just makes me angry. Christians and most religious people are already living life to the fullest. I distinctly remember a passage in the Bible (I dunno where) that says "God created wine and **** so you could have FUN" so yeah...we're living life to the fullest. Now stop *****ing about our snobby-ness please. We would love to party with you.
                Quote:
                Originally Posted by Mockingjay View Post
                Just today, in science class, my entire group of 8 people were discussing the Passion of Christ. They all agreed that it "really happened" and that the movie "made them feel sad." They then realized I said nothing, and they asked me what religion I was. I, however, said I would not prefer to say, but they kept questioning me. I shut up then, as they are my friends. The last thing I needed was them lecturing me and ganging up on me in the middle of class. I don't like to hate on others for their beliefs, but when that's all you talk about, don't expect me to care...
                You should go watch some more realistic and relevant movies, because honestly even my pastor says it's not much more than just 90 minutes of drama than actual learning about Christ and his resurrection.

                All in all I think Christianity is about fun (and believe me PC is a great example of Christian fun) while not getting too crazy and disrespecting other people. Everything should be in moderation to live a truly happy life. I hate you, Born Agains. I hope you all die sad and lonely, because that's how people view you. Now put down that Bible and talk to people about music and stuff. You can read it before bed tonight but NOT NOW
                __________________
                did u no there r 21 letters in the alphabet
                o i forgot 5
                uraqt


                  #323    
                Old April 13th, 2012 (1:21 PM).
                Mockingjay's Avatar
                Mockingjay Mockingjay is offline
                Friends: See my About Me.
                   
                  Join Date: Feb 2012
                  Gender: Male
                  Nature: Jolly
                  Posts: 177
                  Quote:
                  Originally Posted by SwiftSign View Post
                  Was Passion of Christ relevant to your Science class or?... o_o Do you live in the bible belt? It's weird for me to think people have to live like that, where Atheism isn't normal, since I'm at University studying Zoology/Science and roughly 50% of people are Atheist.
                  No, it was nothing to do with science. We were doing something with color dye and water. I don't know how it came up.

                  Ehh, I know about 3 Atheists.

                  I don't know where the bible belt is, but I live in southern Louisiana.

                  Quote:
                  Originally Posted by droomph View Post
                  I think that if you take religion too seriously and start persecuting people because yeah, gô∂ (or whoever) wouldn't like it, as the point of religion is to create order and peace.

                  I think the atheist people can go to (my) hell if they don't believe in (my) Jeebus but that's something for God to take care of, not me. I'm here to help. If you seriously want to know more, I'm here to help. However I'm not gonna hassle you about it in the middle of San Francisco, and if you don't want to I won't come knocking on your door with the Bible in my hands and hassling in my mind. Besides, Apossul Apostle Paul says I'm not supposed to "hassle in the name of Christ" so screw you Born Agains, I'm doing it the way I very darn feel like.

                  Please do understand, Atheists, that we're not supposed to be like them. COME LOVE US ON SUNDAYS PRTYPLZThat just makes me angry. Christians and most religious people are already living life to the fullest. I distinctly remember a passage in the Bible (I dunno where) that says "God created wine and **** so you could have FUN" so yeah...we're living life to the fullest. Now stop *****ing about our snobby-ness please. We would love to party with you.You should go watch some more realistic and relevant movies, because honestly even my pastor says it's not much more than just 90 minutes of drama than actual learning about Christ and his resurrection.

                  All in all I think Christianity is about fun (and believe me PC is a great example of Christian fun) while not getting too crazy and disrespecting other people. Everything should be in moderation to live a truly happy life. I hate you, Born Agains. I hope you all die sad and lonely, because that's how people view you. Now put down that Bible and talk to people about music and stuff. You can read it before bed tonight but NOT NOW
                  Whatever point you tried to make in this post is unclear to me.

                  I can't even tell what religion you are. What.
                    #324    
                  Old April 13th, 2012 (1:57 PM). Edited April 13th, 2012 by Alice.
                  Alice's Avatar
                  Alice Alice is offline
                  (>^.(>0.0)>
                  • Crystal Tier
                   
                  Join Date: Mar 2009
                  Location: Oregon
                  Age: 25
                  Gender: Female
                  Nature: Careful
                  Posts: 3,080
                  Quote:
                  Originally Posted by droomph View Post
                  I think that if you take religion too seriously and start persecuting people because yeah, gô∂ (or whoever) wouldn't like it, as the point of religion is to create order and peace.

                  I think the atheist people can go to (my) hell if they don't believe in (my) Jeebus but that's something for God to take care of, not me. I'm here to help. If you seriously want to know more, I'm here to help. However I'm not gonna hassle you about it in the middle of San Francisco, and if you don't want to I won't come knocking on your door with the Bible in my hands and hassling in my mind. Besides, Apossul Apostle Paul says I'm not supposed to "hassle in the name of Christ" so screw you Born Agains, I'm doing it the way I very darn feel like.

                  Please do understand, Atheists, that we're not supposed to be like them. COME LOVE US ON SUNDAYS PRTYPLZThat just makes me angry. Christians and most religious people are already living life to the fullest. I distinctly remember a passage in the Bible (I dunno where) that says "God created wine and **** so you could have FUN" so yeah...we're living life to the fullest. Now stop *****ing about our snobby-ness please. We would love to party with you.You should go watch some more realistic and relevant movies, because honestly even my pastor says it's not much more than just 90 minutes of drama than actual learning about Christ and his resurrection.

                  All in all I think Christianity is about fun (and believe me PC is a great example of Christian fun) while not getting too crazy and disrespecting other people. Everything should be in moderation to live a truly happy life. I hate you, Born Agains. I hope you all die sad and lonely, because that's how people view you. Now put down that Bible and talk to people about music and stuff. You can read it before bed tonight but NOT NOW
                  Born again just means that you're going to heaven. If you say you hate born-agains, you're saying that you hate all Christians, and Christianity itself, essentially. From what I gathered though, you are a Christian... I think... maybe. lol

                  Quote:
                  Originally Posted by Mockingjay View Post
                  I don't know where the bible belt is, but I live in southern Louisiana.
                  Yeah, that's the bible belt. lol
                    #325    
                  Old April 13th, 2012 (2:16 PM).
                  Mockingjay's Avatar
                  Mockingjay Mockingjay is offline
                  Friends: See my About Me.
                     
                    Join Date: Feb 2012
                    Gender: Male
                    Nature: Jolly
                    Posts: 177
                    Quote:
                    Originally Posted by QuilavaKing View Post
                    Born again just means that you're going to heaven. If you say you hate born-agains, you're saying that you hate all Christians, and Christianity itself, essentially. From what I gathered though, you are a Christian... I think... maybe. lol


                    Yeah, that's the bible belt. lol
                    Thanks, I decided to be lazy and not google it until just now..

                    My, oh my..
                     
                    Quick Reply

                    Sponsored Links
                    Thread Tools

                    Posting Rules
                    You may not post new threads
                    You may not post replies
                    You may not post attachments
                    You may not edit your posts

                    BB code is On
                    Smilies are On
                    [IMG] code is On
                    HTML code is Off

                    Forum Jump


                    All times are GMT -8. The time now is 8:02 PM.