Pokémon Clubs This forum is for those who wish to start a club within the community. This forum is for Pokémon clubs; Fan Clubs & Groups is for everything else.
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

TrollandToad.com

Old April 22nd, 2012 (2:26 AM). Edited April 23rd, 2012 by Phosphophyllite.
H for hamazing
  • Silver Tier

Nature: Quirky
Name: angelomanalo
Your Gym Leader: Let's say Candice.
2 Partner Pokemon: Candice's Sneasel and my Vanilluxe.

Why have you joined to be trained:
I love Gym Leaders! Majority of them have my favorite Pokemon.
Majority of the Hoenn Gym Leaders are not my favorite, but I like Roxanne the most, because she has a Steelix.
I like all Kanto Gym Leaders, I never liked Chuck, Claire, Wallace, and majority of the Unova Gym Leaders.
I like Bryce because he has the evolved form of my favorite Pokemon, Vanillite.
Plus, Clay is my only favorite Unova Gym Leader because he has Palpitoad.
Happy now?

Relevant Advertising!

Old April 22nd, 2012 (9:20 AM).
silhouette of the past

Location: Boston, MA, USA, Earth, Sun Solar System, Milky Way Galaxy, Universe
    Nature: Careful
    Must join awesome new club!
    Name: Cosmotone
    Your Gym Leader: Volkner
    2 Partner Pokemon(Read the Rules & Yes we can have nicknames!): Electivire (Shock) and Luxray (Volt)
    Why have you joined to be trained: This looks like a really cool club! Will also pm you about a affilliation with my club as well as getting some userbars.
    But the more I try to move on, the more I feel alone
    So I watch the summer stars to lead me home.

Old April 22nd, 2012 (10:56 AM).
    D-I-N-O-S-A
    • Crystal Tier

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Sector Revenge View Post
    Which gym leaders or type of gym battles do you expect in Black 2 and White 2?
    Briefly I think the types will go Poison > Water > Bug > Electric > Ground > Flying > Ice > Dragon; so the same as before the replacing the first two for the two new gyms. :3 I think this because of what we've seen so far, it just seems like this is the only way it could work. I seriously hope the Striaton gym returns though; hopefully they'll have decided to make it a triple battle! And then hopefully one of the new leaders (or an old one) will make their's a rotation battle; there aren't enough of those in the games atm! D:
    Old April 23rd, 2012 (12:33 AM).
    • Crystal Tier

Nature: Adamant
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Olli97 View Post
    How dare you say such things about my Pidgey!
    As for the topic, I really want to see a Ghost type gym again. If I remember correctly, we haven't seen one since Morty's gym in Gen II, and that's a looooooooooong time ago. :/
    I think you've forgotten about Fantina haha.

I'm only really expecting a few minor changes in regards to the Gym Leaders in BW2. I don't think they'll implement a new electric gym, and I do hope they don't implement triple/rotational battle in gym fights, since I hate them to pieces. I honestly don't know why, but I prefer single/double battle, none of this over-the-top battling styles. :< What I reaaally want though is a Dark Type Gym like you said. I think if Gamefreak were to do this, I'd want it as an 8th or so gym, being extremely challenging as I found Karyn to be. ;; k total nub.
    Old April 23rd, 2012 (9:45 AM).
    Banned

Nature: Naughty
      Quote:
      Originally Posted by Curious. View Post

I think you've forgotten about Fantina haha.

I'm only really expecting a few minor changes in regards to the Gym Leaders in BW2. I don't think they'll implement a new electric gym, and I do hope they don't implement triple/rotational battle in gym fights, since I hate them to pieces. I honestly don't know why, but I prefer single/double battle, none of this over-the-top battling styles. :< What I reaaally want though is a Dark Type Gym like you said. I think if Gamefreak were to do this, I'd want it as an 8th or so gym, being extremely challenging as I found Karyn to be. ;; k total nub.
      I'm taking it at the time of the Generation III gaming, you didn't like the twins at all either, because you disliked the Double Battle idea? :
      P Time to bring out the seal:

Which Gym Leader(s) do you think is the most annoying or the toughest? Can you provide a top 3 list?
      I found them to be a pain in the butt with that Solrock and Lunatone. My goodness, they were quite annoying, in my opinion! Then there's that Miltank, Whitney has. I found her to be a very frustrated Gym Leader, at that time. This being in Generation II that is. I didn't have that much of a problem with her in Generation IV myself. And the 3rd one would be hard to choose. I would probably have to go with Claire with that Kingdra. That Kingdra can be a pain sometime. So I'm going with these three:

1. Twins-Tate & Liza with Solrock and Lunatone
      2. Whitney with Miltank
      3. Clarie with Kingdra
      Old April 23rd, 2012 (9:51 AM).
      I am still bathing in a summer's afterglow
      • Silver Tier

Nature: Quiet
      I kinda forgot that Fantina even existed, so you might not be completely off xD
      I'd still really like to see a Ghost gym in B2W2, since Ghost types are such an epic type, and need some more recognizion, especially with how few weaknesses they actually have.

Quote:
      Originally Posted by AlexOzzyCake View Post

Briefly I think the types will go Poison > Water > Bug > Electric > Ground > Flying > Ice > Dragon; so the same as before the replacing the first two for the two new gyms. :3 I think this because of what we've seen so far, it just seems like this is the only way it could work. I seriously hope the Striaton gym returns though; hopefully they'll have decided to make it a triple battle! And then hopefully one of the new leaders (or an old one) will make their's a rotation battle; there aren't enough of those in the games atm! D:
      I can't help but think such a lineup would be incredibly boring, since seeing the same gym types two main games in a row is a no-no, and I think Gamefreak sees that. Other than that, I don't agree how you say a lineup like that would be the only way it would work, since most of Unova is frozen over, leaving most of the places where the other gyms were unavailable.
      Spoiler:

Also, with all the ice covering the world, I can't help but feel there should be an Ice type gym. But we'll just have to see once the game is out :p
      Old April 23rd, 2012 (10:42 AM).
      silhouette of the past

Hmm.... I think I agree with olli for the most part about the BW2 Gyms, though not sure that the world will be covered in ice.
        Q: Which Gym Leader(s) do you think is the most annoying or the toughest? Can you provide a top 3 list?
        1) Flannery
        This gym was INSANELY annoying on my first playthrough. I was like, eight, so I just picked Pokemon I liked and not balanced ones. Thus I had just two pokemon at this point, which were Swellow and Sceptile. Piece together the puzzle, and you realize that those two pokemon provide the most ineffective way for me to tackle Flannery. Especially with stupid Torkal and stupid overheat w/white herb. Beat it finally on the 8 or 9th try. XD
        2) Whitney
        I dont need to give an explanation here, do I? An all male team just does not work in that gym.
        3) Blue
        I was way too underleveled for this gym, and thus barely won by using like 15 revives.

Old April 23rd, 2012 (12:34 PM).
        git gud or get r e k t
        • Crystal Tier

Nature: Brave
        Which Gym Leader(s) do you think is the most annoying or the toughest? Can you provide a top 3 list?

1. Elesa
        I cannot... SIMPLY CANNOT beat her. She was the hardest gym leader I have ever faced. All of my Pokemon were not just underleveled, but there was a huge type disadvantage. I had only a water-type, a grass-type, and a flying-type at the time. It wasn't enough to beat Elesa's two Emolgas and her tough Zebstrika. I managed to beat her with a Sandile. Took me a few tries tbh.

2. Whitney (in GSC)
        During my playthrough in Silver, I found Whitney to be harder than any of the gym leaders in this region. Her Miltank and her Rollout. It was hard to evade. My pokemon were about 2-3 levels above her L20 Miltank, but it was still impossible to beat.

3. Roxanne
        This is...sorta where my interest in RSE kinda waned down. My first gym leader to face in Ruby was the hardest. I chose Torchic as my starter and facing her L15 Nosepass was just impossible to beat. Took me a while to catch a Zigzagoon, evolve into a Linoone, and a Wingull to beat it. My Wingull was recently captured, and it was difficult to manage after a while.

discord ~ blog ~ steam ~ daily
        I got soul but I'm not a soldier.
        Old April 23rd, 2012 (3:12 PM).

Nature: Mild
          1. Juan
          The first time I played him (in Emerald) I was 8 or 9. My team was terrible, and basically had a level 50 swampert, a level 40 Breloom, and a level 30 Linoone. I had lost my Swampert and had a barely alive Breloom and a fully healed Linoone. Juan sent out Kingdra, and he spammed double team and rest every time I faced him. I lost so badly every time, but beat him like 10 tries later.
          2. Misty
          I hate facing her if I don't pick bulbasaur. Her stupid starmie, which knows recover and powerful moves ( except rapid spin:D) beats my team every time. I finally realized that by stat- upping on her staryu I could win.
          3. Liza and Tate
          I hate earthquake. Enough said.
          Old April 23rd, 2012 (4:44 PM).
          • Platinum Tier

1. Whitney
          She was like, total hell for me. Especially that Miltank spamming Rollout to death and even though I beat her on the first try and had a female-dominated team she was still annoying when she heals that Miltank.

2. Norman
          For some reason, I find Normal Gyms really hard. Out of the Gyms in R/S/E, it's best to say Petalburg Gym is the hardest. It's because of 'em Slaking and even though it has Truant, it has one of the highest Attack stats of any Pokemon. You wouldn't want to be messing with 'em Slakings.

3. Clair
          Johto definitely has the toughest Gym Leaders and Clair is no exception. That Kingdra nearly wiped out my whole team and I eventually took it out with an underleveled Dewgong. I hate that Kingdra of hers cos it only has one weakness and it's sadly the type that there's not much available at that point.
          Old April 25th, 2012 (12:24 AM).
          I'm back, broz :)

Nature: Gentle
            1. Blue
            He has different types!
            2.Claire
            Dragons are tough to handle!
            3.Cilan/Cress/Chili
            I had a hard time defeating them!
            Old April 25th, 2012 (1:10 PM).
            Banned

So as it appears, it looks like Whitney has given the most nightmares. Which I tend to agree with!

NEW TOPIC:

Who has the best personality in the Anime? Explain.
              Old April 25th, 2012 (4:20 PM).
              silhouette of the past

I never really watched anime, but when I did I always admired Volkner. He was always so in control of the situation and I love his pokemon.
                PS. My name is misspelled in the user section. Just a minor fix

Old April 26th, 2012 (4:45 PM).

Nature: Mild

Hmm... I've always loved Kanto the most (for anime), and I think Brock and Misty were good leaders. I always liked how the two were polar opposites: Brock was the patient peace-keeper and Misty was the hot-headed athlete. I think that added a lot of interest to the show rather than Iris and Cilan this year.
                  Old April 27th, 2012 (1:22 PM).
                  I am still bathing in a summer's afterglow
                  • Silver Tier

Nature: Quiet
                  Quote:

NEW TOPIC:

I hardly remember any of the gym leader's personalities in the anime, apart from Pryce's. I remember that Whitney was given a whiny little girl personality, which was one I like since it was so original, but the ice of Pryce is still keeping me in place, thinking that he is the one with the best personality. Because honestly, as I mentioned before, he does seem like a real prick at first, and he is hard to respect when he basically doesn't care whether the Pokémon gets hurt or not, and even scolds Ash for trying to protect Pikachu. But as said, as the story carries on and he gets back his Mamoswine, his cold heart was melted, and he was once again able to love the Pokémon as he did before. Now he may not have a favorable personality compared to other's, but I really liked the development in his personality, which is why I like his the best.
                  Old April 30th, 2012 (2:51 AM). Edited May 4th, 2012 by Phosphophyllite.
                  H for hamazing
                  • Silver Tier

Sure.
                  1. Giovanni and his Groudon(P.S. You know what I'm talking about)
                  2. Wallace with all his Pokemon, except Sealeo and Crawdaunt
                  3. Iris - Da Haxorus!
                  Old April 30th, 2012 (11:19 AM).
                  silhouette of the past

Quote:
                    Originally Posted by angelomanalo View Post
                    Sure.
                    1. Iris - Da Haxorus!
                    3. Giovanni and his Groudon(P.S. You know what I'm talking about)
                    No. No I don't know what you are talking about. Though I am currently doing a mono electric challenge and Giovanni is annoying beyond measure.

Old April 30th, 2012 (12:24 PM).
                    Banned

Quote:
                      Originally Posted by angelomanalo View Post
                      Sure.
                      1. Iris - Da Haxorus!
                      3. Giovanni and his Groudon(P.S. You know what I'm talking about)
                      Well, if you don't mind my asking. Can you provide your reasoning behind the Giovanni and Groudon answer? It seems like an invalid answer since he never even owned one.
                      Old May 1st, 2012 (9:22 PM).
                      git gud or get r e k t
                      • Crystal Tier

Erika!!!!

Honestly, I do not see her as competitive compared to the other gym leader. I find Erika to be calm, and serene. She knows how to handle losing quite calmly, and that's pretty much why I admire her personality so much. She's caring, sympathetic, and cheerful. :)
                      Old May 1st, 2012 (10:11 PM).
                      Banned

Quote:
                        Originally Posted by Meganium90 View Post

Erika!!!!

Honestly, I do not see her as competitive compared to the other gym leader. I find Erika to be calm, and serene. She knows how to handle losing quite calmly, and that's pretty much why I admire her personality so much. She's caring, sympathetic, and cheerful.
                        Would that be a little like...Jasmine also? She was very, especially caring, toward her Ampharaos(Definite failure for spelling I'm sure) she never used for battle xD
                        Old May 3rd, 2012 (8:42 AM).
                        git gud or get r e k t
                        • Crystal Tier

Ampharos xD

I do remember she was very careful towards her grass Pokemon, especially her Gloom. They were the best of friends. I would also say Jasmine, because of how she was very caring for Ampharos, but I think Erika tops that since it's multiple Pokemon I'm talking about.

Old May 4th, 2012 (4:59 AM).
                        H for hamazing
                        • Silver Tier

Quote:
                        Well, if you don't mind my asking. Can you provide your reasoning behind the Giovanni and Groudon answer? It seems like an invalid answer since he never even owned one.
                        Of course you. I played an online game called PTD, and Giovanni owned a Groudon, along with Gary's Pokemon.
                        Old May 5th, 2012 (2:15 PM).
                        Jaguar Skills

Nature: Hardy
                          Name: Xdom
                          Your Gym Leader:Blaine
                          2 Partner Pokemon: Magmar and Charizard
                          Why have you joined to be trained:i want to be trained because i the gyms leaders are the most respected people in there regions and Blaine is one of the most powerful of them he also uses my favorite type of pokemon fire!
                          Old May 7th, 2012 (10:20 PM).
                          git gud or get r e k t
                          • Crystal Tier

I wanted to say, Blaine was the easiest gym leader I had beaten when I was playing LeafGreen at the time. It was a good thing I had Vaporeon at the time. If I had chose Jolteon, then I'd probably be scroooed. xD

Which brings me to a topic I'd like to add in so I can add some life to this club. :D

Easiest Gym Leader you've beaten? How did you defeat him/her?

Old May 7th, 2012 (11:24 PM).
                          • Platinum Tier

Easiest Gym Leader you've beaten? How did you defeat him/her?

Skyla, I beat her with only a Zebstrika. She's like, so easy.

Quick Reply