• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.

5th Gen Which version would you choose?

Which one?

• Total voters

DarkWolf13

Battle Subway Editor
Years
Black2 because I started my BW games with Black, but I'll get both versions because I have the first 2.

Zelda

⍃⍍⍄ ⍃⍍⍄
Years
  • Age 8
  • +
  • Seen Sep 15, 2020
Since I got Black last time, I'm going with White 2. Deciding to switch things up a bit, and since my brother got White before, he wants to get Black 2 this time around. :B

Mr Cat Dog

Frasier says it best
Years
Since I got Black last time, I'm going with White 2. Deciding to switch things up a bit, and since my brother got White before, he wants to get Black 2 this time around. :B
This, pretty much. I liked Black but want to see what I was missing in White, so I'll probably end up getting White 2. A lil' switch-up will probably be good for the soul, and whatnot.

Years
I haven't really decided.
I haven't looked into the game differences just yet, but I sometimes get both, depending on if I liked the game.​

blue

gucci
Years
Kind of one the fence on which one to get first even though I'll end up getting both versions eventually. I think I'll go for Black 2 first considering I got White first time round then I'll get White 2 once completed.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Dec 11, 2023
I'm going with the whole 'I got ___ last time so I'm getting ___ this time' because I only got one of the two games last time. That said, I got White last time so I'll be getting Black 2 this time.

Sector

Banned
Years
  • Age 33
  • Ohio
  • Seen Oct 10, 2016
Differences aside, I am getting Black 2. I got Black and never cared to get White.
All because of Reshiram being the mascot and I prefer her over Zekrom!

I like both, don't get me wrong, but I am going for Black 2 to pretty much stick with that side of the gaming adventure. I'll most likely get White 2 along down the road someday. I'm siding with Black on this one!

Years
White 2, since I prefer white Kyurem over black Kyurem. iirc I got Black last time (also because I preferred Reshiram lol) so it'd be a nice change of pace to get the opposite game this time around. :D

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
Years
I'm only getting one. I got White and was disappointed that it was the less "modern" one (White Forest and the rustic Opelucid) so right now, I'm leaning toward B2. Of course, it's too early to set that in stone, as the presence of version exclusive Pokemon (or even trainers) could sway my decision.

The Kyurem form resident in the game is not going to factor in my decision, however. I view that as relatively unimportant as far as my decision about which game to buy.

All other things being equal (i.e., my preferred Pokemon being in both versions) it might come down to buying whatever version my brother doesn't get... so we'll have both versions between the two of us.

XEL

Lorem Ipsum
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Nov 20, 2022
White if only due to my preference of Reshiram over Zekrom.

Zapperz

colour swapper!
Years
  • Seen Oct 18, 2023
ill get black 2. mainly because i picked white the first round and it was fun but those new pokes in white forest were all boring to me.

Legendary Silke

[I][B]You like dragons?[/B][/I]
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Dec 23, 2021
For some reason or another I'm going to get Black 2. As for what reason... well, not really. Black Kyurem is probably just a bonus.

Years
  • Seen Jul 30, 2016
I would probably choose White 2, because I like white Kyurem's design better than the black one's. XD I loved Reshiram so much more than Zekrom..

Back