Fan Clubs & Groups Fan Clubs & Groups are places to go to find like-minded members and talk about similar interests. Join or create a club here if it doesn't fit in any of the other sections.
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

Draconius GO

Old April 22nd, 2012 (8:38 AM).
So Awesome! /)^ɛ^(\
  • Crystal Tier

Nature: Adamant
Quote:
Originally Posted by Houndour2005 View Post
Spoiler:
September 15th!? Awesome! We have a tentative Season 3 premier!

Relevant Advertising!

Old April 22nd, 2012 (11:38 AM).
Believe in my fear!
  • Crystal Tier

Nature: Lonely
Omg. The season finale was amazing! Queen Crysalis is the most evil villian in MLP yet. But this probably means that the villians are just going to ger more and more evil with every season. These two episodes reminded me of something Disney would do btw.
Old April 22nd, 2012 (11:56 AM).
Frasier says it best

Nature: Relaxed
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Yuki's Sword View Post
    These two episodes reminded me of something Disney would do btw.
    I did get a very 90s-Disney vibe from the songs of this episode as well. I'm not normally one to really like or care about the songs, but I thought these ones were particularly well done. As far as the episode goes, I really liked it. I especially liked how the story dovetailed from a simple Royal Wedding parody (which could have been AWFUL with the references to William/Kate that could have been made) to a more traditional action-film story. It certainly didn't feel padded either, and felt like it deserved every second of its 43-minute runtime, which is something I was concerned about going into the episode.

And now it's just a wait until Season 3 starts up again. Tick tock, etc.
    Old April 22nd, 2012 (11:10 PM).
    Suuuper Busy
    • Crystal Tier

Nature: Jolly
    As badass as the queen was, I don't think she was genuinely evil. When you think of her point of view, she was just making sure her species would live. Although they certainly made it look evil.

Seriously epic though. Even my mom agreed that it was the darkest badass thing to ever be produced by a kid's show. Especially the changeling fight scene.

Speaking of that fight scene, anyone else notice theat Rainbow Dash kissed Fluttershy? I've seen differing opinions and theories but I know it was a genuine kiss. It could still be a friendly non-romantic kiss, but I think it was official shipping even if just subliminal.
    Pokemon Cursed/Creepy White - Group project, on hiatus for now with plans to return eventually.
    Animal Crossing Wild World playing as an animal - experimental, messing with models and textures

Hacks I've worked on in the past:
    Pokemon Ruby Destiny Broken Timeline (pre-reboot) - Assisted with maps
    Pokemon HeartGold Prince Boo Edition - Experimental project with three small changes. Made at the request of YouTube LPer PrinceBoo21.

Been super busy with work, life, and laptop problems. Hopefully I can get back into it soon, I fear I'm already rusty. Meanwhile I'm considering writing some of my hacks as a series of fanfics.

Times I've been ninja'd: 18
    Times I've ninja'd people: 3
    Old April 23rd, 2012 (12:31 AM).
    im back
    • Gold Tier

Nature: Modest
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by U_Flame View Post
    Speaking of that fight scene, anyone else notice theat Rainbow Dash kissed Fluttershy? I've seen differing opinions and theories but I know it was a genuine kiss. It could still be a friendly non-romantic kiss, but I think it was official shipping even if just subliminal.
    All I heard was a strange squishing sound, it could anything. I don't think it was a kiss but if it was, it looked like a friendly non-romantic kiss on the cheek type of thing. To me, that doesn't make Flutterdash a canon ship, just the producers try to troll us by throwing in random sound effects.
    Old April 24th, 2012 (6:02 AM).
    So Awesome! /)^ɛ^(\
    • Crystal Tier

Guys, I think "This Day Aria" supplanted "At the Gala as my favorite song. It was just so amazing.

Old April 24th, 2012 (11:57 AM).
    Frasier says it best

Nature: Relaxed
      Wedding episode was the most-watched ep in Hub History, apparently. Not particularly surprising, but worth pointing out.
      Old April 24th, 2012 (11:59 AM).

And out of the closet I come:

- Favorite Episode: Dragone Baby Gone - Bouncing Baby Bunnies Burning Brightly. No, wait, what's a FiW episode. Maybe Read it and Weep then. Or Luna Eclipsed. Or Lesson Zero. Or Stare Master. Or Baby Cakes. This is hard. Even when leaving the specials out.
        - Favorite Main Pony: While Rarity having the best lines, Twilight having been amazing in Season 2 and Rainbow Dash being Rainbow Dash, Fluttershy still wins by a large margin. Even did before I saw this. Sooo irresistibly adorable.
        - Favorite Side Pony: A very common choice, if not the most common one: Luna. I don't even really know why, I just like her, after Luna Eclipsed she's always been my second favorite pony right after Fluttershy. And yes, even before I saw this.
        - About Me: You probably already guessed it, but, yes, Rainbow Dash was already my second favorite main pony and third favorite pony overall before I saw this.
        Anyway... when last year or so the MLP hype was being huge and obnoxious, I, for that exact reason, refused to watch an episode, my interest wasn't too big anyway. The hype faded a bit, time passed, and maybe 2 or 3 months ago I randomly stumbled across a pony video on youtube, actually watched it and somehow ended up watching episode 1. First a few minutes of the terribly half-assed German dub, then the original after reading comments about how much better it is. And, eventually, after watching a few episodes, what started out as something someone might call - my useless mind currently lacks a better word - lulz, had already developped into pure enthusiasm. I was so full of joy, it made me jump - and accidentally jump into the bathroom's doorframe. That hurt. A lot.
        Old April 24th, 2012 (12:27 PM).
        Believe in my fear!
        • Crystal Tier

Nature: Lonely
        Quote:
        Originally Posted by Sweet Candace View Post
        Guys, I think "This Day Aria" supplanted "At the Gala as my favorite song. It was just so amazing.
        I loved that song so much. It was quite amazing. And now it's my favorite MLP song as well.~ I also love the reprise:

Love is in Bloom was pretty good song, too but this one was the best.
        Old April 24th, 2012 (3:54 PM).
        So Awesome! /)^ɛ^(\
        • Crystal Tier

Quote:
        Originally Posted by mondays suck View Post
        And out of the closet I come:

- Favorite Episode: Dragone Baby Gone - Bouncing Baby Bunnies Burning Brightly. No, wait, what's a FiW episode. Maybe Read it and Weep then. Or Luna Eclipsed. Or Lesson Zero. Or Stare Master. Or Baby Cakes. This is hard. Even when leaving the specials out.
        - Favorite Main Pony: While Rarity having the best lines, Twilight having been amazing in Season 2 and Rainbow Dash being Rainbow Dash, Fluttershy still wins by a large margin. Even did before I saw this. Sooo irresistibly adorable.
        - Favorite Side Pony: A very common choice, if not the most common one: Luna. I don't even really know why, I just like her, after Luna Eclipsed she's always been my second favorite pony right after Fluttershy. And yes, even before I saw this.
        - About Me: You probably already guessed it, but, yes, Rainbow Dash was already my second favorite main pony and third favorite pony overall before I saw this.
        Anyway... when last year or so the MLP hype was being huge and obnoxious, I, for that exact reason, refused to watch an episode, my interest wasn't too big anyway. The hype faded a bit, time passed, and maybe 2 or 3 months ago I randomly stumbled across a pony video on youtube, actually watched it and somehow ended up watching episode 1. First a few minutes of the terribly half-assed German dub, then the original after reading comments about how much better it is. And, eventually, after watching a few episodes, what started out as something someone might call - my useless mind currently lacks a better word - lulz, had already developped into pure enthusiasm. I was so full of joy, it made me jump - and accidentally jump into the bathroom's doorframe. That hurt. A lot.
        Okay, you'll be added to the member list, welcome to the club.
        Old April 24th, 2012 (10:21 PM).
        im back
        • Gold Tier

Nature: Modest
        "This Day Aria" is the best song from the finale. Probably beats "Smile Song" as my favorite.
        Old April 25th, 2012 (11:06 AM).
        So Awesome! /)^ɛ^(\
        • Crystal Tier

Quote:
        Originally Posted by AWsquared View Post
        "This Day Aria" is the best song from the finale. Probably beats "Smile Song" as my favorite.
        I would agree to that except I didn't like the "Smile Song" and "At the Gala" was my previous favorite. (As stated in an earlier post by me.)
        Old April 27th, 2012 (3:02 PM).
        Banned

Took a test

Old April 28th, 2012 (6:30 AM).
          THE DIRT WILL CLEANSE ME!
          • Crystal Tier

http://www.hasbro.com/mylittlepony/en_US/media/browse.cfm?type=videos
          Full version of Love Is In Bloom

VMPMMusicMoviesBooksTheme
          Old May 1st, 2012 (8:24 AM).
          Banned

Collection update

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gyUl0EGwGtc&lc=A3OvBVfwJwMlAL0g_sWuVNvJfpaVv6OUT-QnyLxRvd0&feature=inbox
            Old May 1st, 2012 (11:33 PM).

Ah, joining. But it will be quite difficult.

- Favorite Episode: I do not believe in playing favorites.
              - Favorite Main Pony: I do not believe in playing favorites.
              - Favorite Side Pony: I do not believe in playing favorites.
              - About Me: Used to write Pokemon fanfiction. Started watching ponies instead.

I'm here with a question, which I am also asking elsewhere:

I've noticed that the "brony" population has a significant concentration Pokemon fans.

On Youtube many of the commentators on pony videos have obviously Pokemon-related usernames.

Pony avatars and themes appear all over PokeCommunity (this was probably the first place I ever saw it) and other Pokemon fansites.

Out of all the threads on the first page of this here "Other clubs" forum, the pony one has one of the most replies/views (2,445/73,085), trailing only Bleach at 3,385/80,552. But that is to be expected -- it's a year older than you.

So anyway, I really want to know:
              Why My Little Pony and not something else?
              Is it because of certain influential Pokemon site users?
              Or is there something about MLPFIM that attracts the same people as Pokemon?
              Old May 4th, 2012 (12:19 PM).
              cataclysm
              • Crystal Tier

Nature: Gentle
              Usually clubs are popular when there are things going on in the fandom, there are discussions, and if the members of the club are active. Of course, among other things. But this club had all those things. 'Had' because since the Season Finale this thread is (obvious) not being active. For the time being we should consider bringing up discussions/questions (like above) to chat and talk about? Not sure, but just because there aren't any new episodes doesn't mean this club can go quiet.

As for the other two questions part of it could be because despite the targeted audience both Pokemon and MLP have older fans as well. But I'll allow someone else to possibly elaborate on those two.
              Old May 4th, 2012 (12:33 PM). Edited May 4th, 2012 by TornZero.
              Resident Yuri-ism Cult Leader

Quote:
                Originally Posted by BinaryPeaches View Post
                As for the other two questions part of it could be because despite the targeted audience both Pokemon and MLP have older fans as well. But I'll allow someone else to possibly elaborate on those two.
                Actually, on her deviantArt page, Lauren Faust noted to a (failing) troller that FiM was for both children and their parents, male parents included.

Spoiler:

I will be moving my account to Songbird over the course of immediately. The signature will stay as is for posterity and reference.
                Old May 5th, 2012 (7:40 AM).

According to a 2011 study on the subject, the average Brony is 21 years old.

So he would have been born in 1990, meaning he was 8 years old, the target audience of Pokemon when it became popular in 1998. Pokemon was the in thing 1998, all the "cool" guys played Pokemon cards. (This is the reason Pokemon has older fans.) But the previous generations of MLP had never reached that level.

Why would these same people get into MLP now?
                  Old May 5th, 2012 (8:34 PM).
                  Jaguar Skills

Nature: Hardy
                    Favorite Episode: Applebuck season
                    - Favorite Main Pony:Applejack!

- Favorite Side Pony:Discord(if you call him a pony)
                    - About Me: I watch Mlp by day and write fanfic for it by night I've been a brony since season 2 started (btw loved the finale awesome villian!)
                    Old May 6th, 2012 (2:42 AM).
                    Banned

Quote:
                      According to a 2011 study on the subject, the average Brony is 21 years old.
                      I will be 39 in december.
                      Old May 6th, 2012 (5:29 AM).
                      Suuuper Busy
                      • Crystal Tier

Nature: Jolly
                      Average, not all. I'll be 17 in July.
                      Pokemon Cursed/Creepy White - Group project, on hiatus for now with plans to return eventually.
                      Animal Crossing Wild World playing as an animal - experimental, messing with models and textures

Hacks I've worked on in the past:
                      Pokemon Ruby Destiny Broken Timeline (pre-reboot) - Assisted with maps
                      Pokemon HeartGold Prince Boo Edition - Experimental project with three small changes. Made at the request of YouTube LPer PrinceBoo21.

Been super busy with work, life, and laptop problems. Hopefully I can get back into it soon, I fear I'm already rusty. Meanwhile I'm considering writing some of my hacks as a series of fanfics.

Times I've been ninja'd: 18
                      Times I've ninja'd people: 3
                      Old May 6th, 2012 (7:31 AM).
                      He who dwells in the Shadows

Nature: Calm
                        a club for ponies ~yay~

- Favorite Episode:
                        Y U MAKE ME CHOOSE? Eh, it's a tie between Lesson Zero and Party of One. What, I like the crazy ponies.
                        - Favorite Main Pony:Twilight Sparkle
                        - Favorite Side Pony: Hmm....Luna. definitely Luna.
                        - About Me: Well, started watching ponies sometime last year been a fan ever since.
                        Old May 6th, 2012 (9:03 AM).
                        So Awesome! /)^ɛ^(\
                        • Crystal Tier

Quote:
                        Originally Posted by teamVASIMR View Post
                        Ah, joining. But it will be quite difficult.

- Favorite Episode: I do not believe in playing favorites.
                        - Favorite Main Pony: I do not believe in playing favorites.
                        - Favorite Side Pony: I do not believe in playing favorites.
                        - About Me: Used to write Pokemon fanfiction. Started watching ponies instead.

I'm here with a question, which I am also asking elsewhere:

I've noticed that the "brony" population has a significant concentration Pokemon fans.

On Youtube many of the commentators on pony videos have obviously Pokemon-related usernames.

Pony avatars and themes appear all over PokeCommunity (this was probably the first place I ever saw it) and other Pokemon fansites.

Out of all the threads on the first page of this here "Other clubs" forum, the pony one has one of the most replies/views (2,445/73,085), trailing only Bleach at 3,385/80,552. But that is to be expected -- it's a year older than you.

So anyway, I really want to know:
                        I can't really add you because you have no pony listed to be your usergroup. I know you may not like "playing favorites", but it's needed to make the club look much smoother. You're in the club, you're just not going to be on the first post until you choose a Mane 6 pony.

Quote:
                        Originally Posted by xdom View Post
                        Favorite Episode: Applebuck season
                        - Favorite Main Pony:Applejack!

- Favorite Side Pony:Discord(if you call him a pony)
                        - About Me: I watch Mlp by day and write fanfic for it by night I've been a brony since season 2 started (btw loved the finale awesome villian!)
                        Quote:
                        Originally Posted by Kota889 View Post
                        a club for ponies ~yay~

- Favorite Episode:
                        Y U MAKE ME CHOOSE? Eh, it's a tie between Lesson Zero and Party of One. What, I like the crazy ponies.
                        - Favorite Main Pony:Twilight Sparkle
                        - Favorite Side Pony: Hmm....Luna. definitely Luna.
                        - About Me: Well, started watching ponies sometime last year been a fan ever since.
                        You two are added, welcome to the club.
                        Old May 6th, 2012 (10:25 AM).

Quote:
                          Originally Posted by Sweet Candace
                          I can't really add you because you have no pony listed to be your usergroup. I know you may not like "playing favorites", but it's needed to make the club look much smoother. You're in the club, you're just not going to be on the first post until you choose a Mane 6 pony.
                          Well then, Random.org shall remove all bias!

Quote:
                          List Randomizer

There were 6 items in your list. Here they are in random order:

Pinkie Pie
                          Fluttershy
                          Rainbow Dash
                          Appejack
                          Twilight Sparkle
                          Rarity

Timestamp: 2012-05-06 18:03:36 UTC
                          Quote:
                          Originally Posted by Houndour2005 and U_Flame
                          Yes I realize the average is an arithmetic mean and not everyone will be close to the average.

But the point is, Pokemon exploded in popularity in 1998, and so there are "older" fans of Pokemon now. You don't have to be EXACTLY 8 years old to be in on the biggest thing of the decade.

But MLP was never that popular, especially among males. Now MLPFIM is popular, and there is major overlap with Pokemon fandom.

The thing is, I felt almost the same way watching MLP in 2012 as I did back in 1999 watching Pokemon. I suspect there is some kind of similarity, but what? The basic idea behind each franchise is very different.

So I repeat my questions:

Quick Reply