• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

★ The Psionic Citadel ★ (Psychic Pokemon fan club)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Huggie

Mewtwo lover :3
Years
I usually prefer pokemon that hit fast and hard and I don't care much about their defence capabilities as my opponents won't live that long to prove my choice wrong :P I am not a defensive type myself after all :)

Sayan

is tightening its focus
Years
Let's see what's the best defense-raising move....

Cosmic Power is good, it boosts both defenses at once so you're bound to reduce the damage you take no matter the attack is special or physical. Defend Order is the same thing; so is Stockpile but the latter can only be used 3 times, unlike the former 2, which can be stacked up 6 times. Cotton Guard increases Defense 3 stages in a single turn, but leaves you helpless against special attacks.

Olli

I am still bathing in a summer's afterglow
Years
New topic: Which do you prefer, a slow, defensive psychic that can take a hit but hit hard, or a speedy psychic that hits hard but can't take much damage?
I'd probably have to go with the fast and strong ones. Though it might be safer, a Pokémon that is weak but durable is just so boring. I mean, yeah it may survive long and give a lot of better opportunities for healing up other Pokémon, but if it doesn't damage much, the battles will just be slow and boring, whereas taking the risks of having your Pokémon faint while trying to quickly take down an opponent is more fun imo.
But though I make it sound like a big deal, I don't see much difference between the two types actually, and my opinion can pretty much be extended to all types anyway.

♣Gawain♣

Onward to Music!!!
Years
Name- Gawain
Starter- Valeriya the Cresselia. She's my favorite.
Reason for joining- Aside from my genius, 25% of my team has psychic abilities. And psychic types are one of my favorite types, aside from Steel and Dark.
Referred by- my self.

New topic: Which do you prefer, a slow, defensive psychic that can take a hit but hit hard, or a speedy psychic that hits hard but can't take much damage?

The first one. I've EV trained and make Valeriya learn Calm Mind for defense and Sp. Attack.

Last edited:

d4rka8isz

Is Confused.
Years
Quiz:
Spoiler:

I'd prefer a fast psychic who can hit hard because I always take risks. My thinking is, "There's nothing to lose so just go for it."

Years

For me it's the latter. I love fast pokemon and for it to be psychic is a super plus for me. I try to think up strategies to cover up the lack of defense.

I prefer fast, offensive Psychics that hit hard like Sigilyph and Alakazam.

And yeah, I often do strategies with my Psychic Pokemon.

miltankRancher

Mega Ampharos is the one.
Years
Sigilyph is stupid though :/

No, Sigilyph is awesome! I tried using once, and it really rocks! Roost + Cosmic Power + Stored Power + Psycho Shift is really amazing! I just had to think of a way to overcome Dark types, lol!

On the question. I think Psycho Shift is a good one.

miltankRancher

Mega Ampharos is the one.
Years
try using it once. It will first prove itself to be a challenge, but hey. once you get the hang of him,, you'll see it is a fun Pokemon to use. I was skeptic of it at first.

Thanks!

Sayan

is tightening its focus
Years
Hey guys, I'm back! I had to go to this healthcare facility all the way across the country for treatment, and didn't have internet access for weeks... But now I'm on my way back. Thanks for keeping the thread alive, I really mean it.

I'll update the OP this evening.

Stored Power Sigilyph is pretty good competitively, but not in-game. It's just that Psycho Shift's accuracy might let you down at the most inopportune time. But with 12 boosts, the 260 base power STAB Psycho Shift becomes pretty deadly.

Speaking of Stored Power, a Baton Pass team with Stored Power Espeon is a very viable way of using Psychic Pokemon competitively. Espeon with its immunity to almost everything that stop or threaten Baton Pass (Roar, Whirlwind, Taunt, Leech Seed), Mr. Mime with its immunity to Baton Pass and Mew with its great defenses and access to almost all types of boosting moves means you can use 3 Psychic types in a team without any of them being completely redundant. Throw in 3 other good Baton Passers like Scizor, Vaporeon, Venomoth, Gliscor, Umbreon, Togekiss, Gorebyss or Speed Boost Ninjask and you have a pretty viable team. But do keep in mind that this strategy is ridiculed by most members of the competitive community, especially those who're unprepared to face such a team (who'd often scream "noob", "gay", "this doesn't require skill"). But one hit KOing a Specially Defensive Jirachi with Espeon's stored power is pretty satisfying.

Years
Time for some POTW pics, this time it's all about Cresselia!

Spoiler:

Years
  • Seen Jun 12, 2012
Name- mudkipftw91 but just call me Tai
Starter- Angewomon the Gardevoir
Reason for joining- All of my favourite Pokemon happen to be at least part-Psychic-Type.
Referred by- None (link through another thread)

ribbits

ribbit
Years
Name: Billy
Partner: Psych the Kirlia
Reason for joining: Psychic pokemon are one of the strongest types there are, there power is amazing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back