• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

⚜ The Grass Type Pokemon Fan Club ⚜

Status
Not open for further replies.

curiousnathan

Starry-eyed
Years
Hey guys, sorry for the innactivity on my part, I've got no excuse. So yeah thought I'd just let everyone know that. :3

Edit; all done. Welcome everyone, to the club.

I think its time for a new topic, hmmm?

If you were to be able to adopt any feature or characteristic of a grass type pokemon, what would it be and why?
Personally, I'd choose the ability to recover in sunlight, since it would be alost a brutal weapon if I were in a fight against someone haha; although, if it wasn't sunny that day, I'd probably have to rely on my own human-abilities.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen May 11, 2023
If you were to be able to adopt any feature or characteristic of a grass type pokemon, what would it be and why?
Personally, I'd choose the ability to recover in sunlight, since it would be alost a brutal weapon if I were in a fight against someone haha; although, if it wasn't sunny that day, I'd probably have to rely on my own human-abilities.

Ahah wow, the sunlight thing sounds cool! but for me, it'd be being able to use Vine Whip like Snivy can in the anime. If any of you have watched Ash's Snivy, you'll know exactly why this is. But it'd be sooo cool! You'd be able to reach things you never could before, you could stop things from falling, you could rescue people; it'd just be so useful to have. x]

bewbs

~Chloe~
Years
  • Age 31
  • UK
  • Seen Nov 20, 2022
Name: Bewbs (Chloe)
Partner Pokemon: Bellossom
Reason for joining: I love most of the designs and quirks of some of the grass types. Bellossom is my favourite pokemon and I love the oddish line. I fell in love with liligant's design in the 5th gen.

Years
Name: Bewbs (Chloe)
Partner Pokemon: Bellossom
Reason for joining: I love most of the designs and quirks of some of the grass types. Bellossom is my favourite pokemon and I love the oddish line. I fell in love with liligant's design in the 5th gen.

Hi Bewbs, thanks for joining!

Bellossom is such a cute little Grass-type.

curiousnathan

Starry-eyed
Years
I agree Hikari, it's exceptionally small. I was surprised when I saw it in the anime and in the recent games. I was expecting it to be a bit larger in size, so now I don't use it cause it looks weak. shallow much ;x

bewbs

~Chloe~
Years
  • Age 31
  • UK
  • Seen Nov 20, 2022
I use her in my team all the time, apart from scramble challenges, although I ended up using one in my crystal scramble challenge. I think Gen 5 bought some good grass pokemon in as well such as Liligant, Serperior, Whimsicott and Ferroseed.

curiousnathan

Starry-eyed
Years
Yeah I agree, I think Gen V as really up the anti when it comes to grass types comeptitively since in previous generations they didn't make up even a fraction of the majority of common pokemon used. I think that's one of the very few positive things Gen V brought to pokemon.

Years
I agree Hikari, it's exceptionally small. I was surprised when I saw it in the anime and in the recent games. I was expecting it to be a bit larger in size, so now I don't use it cause it looks weak. shallow much ;x

Bet you didn't know that even though Roselia looks medium-sized in the anime, its actual height is 1'00".

In the anime, Roselia's height comes up to the waist of an average 10-year-old Pokemon Trainer. I was surprised when I found out it was so tiny...

Halcyon

peace and serenity
Years
I love the fact that Bellossom loses its Poison type when it evolves. It's nice to see a pure Grass-type for a change. :D

Bet you didn't know that even though Roselia looks medium-sized in the anime, its actual height is 1'00".

In the anime, Roselia's height comes up to the waist of an average 10-year-old Pokemon Trainer. I was surprised when I found out it was so tiny...

Yeah, I was quite surprised about Roselia's size too. It's in-game sprite doesn't do it justice. >:( I initially thought Roselia is about the size of its evolution, Roserade.

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
Years
Helloooo! Can this grass enthusiast join this awesome cluuuuuub?

Name: Meganium90
Partner Pokemon: [OMG THIS IS SHOCKING. Not going for Meganium. Why? I know it's my favorite, but right now I am obsessed with the Pokemon Leavanny. <3] I'm choosing Leavanny!
Reason for joining: I've loved grass-types since I started playing Pokemon. The Chikorita line was the first few grass-types that I ever liked. And today I learn to appreciate every single grass-type out there, especially the 5th generation grass-types.

I'll have to go with Curious' response and use the ability to recover in sunlight. Without sunlight, It'd be difficult for me to fight back when in battle, or use my attacks. For grass-types, the sun is like... our best friend. xD

Years

Partner Pokemon: [OMG THIS IS SHOCKING. Not going for Meganium. Why? I know it's my favorite, but right now I am obsessed with the Pokemon Leavanny. <3] I'm choosing Leavanny!
Reason for joining: I've loved grass-types since I started playing Pokemon. The Chikorita line was the first few grass-types that I ever liked. And today I learn to appreciate every single grass-type out there, especially the 5th generation grass-types.

I'll have to go with Curious' response and use the ability to recover in sunlight. Without sunlight, It'd be difficult for me to fight back when in battle, or use my attacks. For grass-types, the sun is like... our best friend. xD

Hi Megan, how nice for one of our fave mods to join.

I love Leavanny, it's got a cute face and it's really helpful.

I'll commemorate your arrival with some pics of the beloved Leavanny:

Spoiler:

curiousnathan

Starry-eyed
Years

Hey Megan! Pssssht, why do you need to even ask that question? Of course you can! Haha, sure consider Leavanny yours. I have currently a Leavanny in my team on Black, nicknamed Anthea (you can thank Alex for the name) and she's the strongest in my team, especially useful for all sort of situations, plus she's gorgeous! Haha. Yeah, I agree, grass types have come a long way, especially with the Gen V pokes, since like I mentioned earlier they've been given some extra kick this generation round and can now prove to be quite the tricky opponent, competitive-wise. Also true, without the sun grass types are mostly rendered useless unless of course we use sunny day, haha.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jun 29, 2019
Name - Xulek
Partner - Zetsu (Ferrothorn)
Reason For Joining - Grass types are one of my personal favorite types nowadays due to how flexible yet fun they are in battle if you ask me, that and they tend to have kickass designs as well.

If you were to be able to adopt any feature or characteristic of a grass type pokemon, what would it be and why? - Oh that's easy, the vines of a Ferrothorn or Venusaur since they're like an extra set of limbs which can prove to be very useful in everyday life lol.

Hope I can join this club.

curiousnathan

Starry-eyed
Years
Hey Xulek, welcome! Mmm, they're pretty fun to use, I agree and they can also give the trainer a great deal of satisfaction especially when one beats Bugsy in G/S/C, HG/SS, haha oh the pain, the countless re-battles. Well, my bayleef eventually overcame the devilish scyther and its furry cutter. ;o;

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen May 11, 2023
Mind if I start a new topic? c:

Which Grass Pokemon do you think has the most interesting typing?

Personally I think Ferrothorn has a very interesting typing; but it's not something I'd want to use. The Ludicolo family's Grass/Water typing it quite interesting and gives a lot to work with, but I wouldn't say these two types compliment each other too well. I think the Grass/Bug typing carried by the Sewaddle family is very interesting and great to use, but is also carried by two other families so its not really unique. The Grass/Psychic typing of the Exeggutor family is also very interesting and supplies a lot of wonderful strategies to use; although honestly I never really understood why they were Psychic xD

curiousnathan

Starry-eyed
Years
Mind if I start a new topic? c:

Personally I think Ferrothorn has a very interesting typing; but it's not something I'd want to use. The Ludicolo family's Grass/Water typing it quite interesting and gives a lot to work with, but I wouldn't say these two types compliment each other too well. I think the Grass/Bug typing carried by the Sewaddle family is very interesting and great to use, but is also carried by two other families so its not really unique. The Grass/Psychic typing of the Exeggutor family is also very interesting and supplies a lot of wonderful strategies to use; although honestly I never really understood why they were Psychic xD

Feel more than welcome. c:

I agree with you there with Ferrothorn, I was actually quite surprised with its unique typing since I couldn't picture a Pokemon with such. I don't thknk Grass and Steel types are a good mix to be honest, I don't know why, but it just feels strange having a dual typing like that.

Sector

Banned
Years
  • Age 33
  • Ohio
  • Seen Oct 10, 2016

Simple is as simple does. I personally think there are to many Grass and Poison types. But then again, how many people are actually allergic to Grass/Plants and whatnot in real life? Could be explainable. But the most interesting typing? Okay let's talk about a little interesting sort of thing:

Normal types is usually its own mono-type or usually with a flying type. Not to mention we have Girafarig which is Normal and Psychic. Now, a 4-legged Pokemon as a Normal type has a unique combination of typing. Back on topic, who else is also a 4 legged Pokemon as a Normal type who has a unique typing? Take a guess before checking the spoiler:
Spoiler:

Hope that little trivia was interesting. lol

272.gif

You don't often find a unique typing which can be an annoying for opponents. Ludicolo is no exception. Water and Grass type can deal a great pain to anyone's Pokemon.
286.gif

Breloom is definitely unique. Really, what kind of Grass can actually fight? lol Anyway, Grass and Fighting type is definitely an interesting combination. And I don't want to leave out Virizion who's got not only an interesting typing, but an interesting design.
640.gif

Though the 4x weakness to Flying isn't quite a fan favorite for these two.
597.gif
598.gif

Like some mentioned before, Ferrothorn is an interesting one.
Although I don't find him to be any different than Forretress in terms of a strategic battle. Both are 4x weak to Fire as well. Grass and Steel combination are a strange one, but Ferrothorn has proven from time to time to be one of those dangerous Pokemon out there, let alone a very annoying one.
345.gif
346.gif

Well there are Grass that grows out of rock or is connected to it in some ways. I've seen them in real life. But to be a fossil Pokemon makes in interesting. Grass/Rock combination, in my opinion, is definitely a rare and interesting one as well.

Last edited:

Avishka

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Nov 13, 2019
Breloom, Tropius, Virizion, Ferrothorn and Rotom

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
Years
I'm going to choose a legendary and say Virizion and Breloom. There aren't that many Grass/Fighting types out there. The biggest factor is the flying-type weakness so I'll have to agree with Sector. Not only these Pokemon learn special attacks like Grass, but you're also learning primary physical attacks. So, it's nice to get the best of both worlds.

Grass/Water like the Lotad line is really interesting...we need more Pokemon like that imo!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back