• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.

5th Gen God Stone?

bwburke94

Forever Aspertia's Aspie
Years
The previous two stones ended up being Reshiram and Zekrom. If the God Stone has any use whatsoever, it will be Kyurem.

The God Stone was NOT placeholder data. Now the real question is, why is it in the B/W coding if there's no way to legitimately get it?

(Oh, and as a sidenote, I highly doubt the idea of BK/WK being fusions of Kyurem and Zekrom/Reshiram. It could work, but the one being fused with is N's dragon, and it would block the possibility of the player controlling Kyurem's forme.)

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023
Gamefreak already said they aren't fusions.

Kyurem can freely change between Black and White forms on its own in the Movie. Reshiram and Zekrom do not fuse with Kyurem.

As for place holder thing, again, Cacophony was in all 3rd Gen games and removed in Gen 4. So for 5 games it was in the Game data and removed when Diamond and Pearl were released. It has less in game data than Cacophony had. From what I've seen, they only have the Sprite and "A rare Stone" Flavor info, but no other data on it.

Years
  • Seen Jan 13, 2013
It's rather obvious they won't literally fuse with each other for metagame reason.
Using Fusion Bolt/Flare on God Stone would not literally fuse Zekrom/Reshiram with Kyurem. It would fuse Kyurem with electricity/fire energy, giving it new form. We still don't know how exactly Kyurem changes forms in movie because it wasn't shown in trailer. Even if it can change forms freely in movie, it doesn't mean it will be the same in games. Deoxys can change forms freely at any moment in anime which is impossible in games. Player can't command Deoxys to change form by itself, it needs to be done at special place.

Years
  • Seen Jan 13, 2013
We still don't know how exactly Kyurem changes forms in movie because it wasn't shown in trailer.

Gotta admit, I haven't seen newest trailer while posting this. It looks like Kyurem can change forms freely in movie. But still, it doesn't change my point about changing forms being different in movies and games, just like in Deoxys' case.

I wonder what was created in Kyurem's tail before changing form:

fusion.jpg

Is that Fusion Flare? Or maybe it's God Stone combined with Reshiram's fire? Maybe in movie Kyurem can create those things by itself, but in games Zekrom/Reshiram will be needed?

Years
  • Seen Apr 14, 2013
Gotta admit, I haven't seen newest trailer while posting this. It looks like Kyurem can change forms freely in movie. But still, it doesn't change my point about changing forms being different in movies and games, just like in Deoxys' case.

I wonder what was created in Kyurem's tail before changing form:

fusion.jpg

Is that Fusion Flare? Or maybe it's God Stone combined with Reshiram's fire? Maybe in movie Kyurem can create those things by itself, but in games Zekrom/Reshiram will be needed?

Fusion Flare is an attack, so no. (For the record, the word "Fusion" is not used in the Japanese games, it's "Cross" in those.)

If I remember the clip correctly, there is nothing originally in Kyurem's tail. Suddenly, fire appears in its tail and engulfs its entire body in a ball of fire, which then reveals its White Kyurem forme. According to the info released today, it was confirmed that Kyurem can freely change formes in the movies.

Mr Cat Dog

Frasier says it best
Years
Maybe it's just a nice decorative stone? Like an ornament or something? That could be kinda cool?

Nah, it's Kyurem-related or I'll eat my hat. :D

Incepticon

The Fakemon Spriter
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jun 28, 2012
I'm not sure what the stones will do actually. I think maybe that it will fuse the forms together.

Years
  • Seen May 27, 2012
I have never herd about the god stone, but if it dident have a use in bw then why wouldent it in this game.

Years
  • Seen Jun 14, 2012
The god stone will be featured but in no way related to Kyurem AT ALL! I've done the work Kyurem had once been a pokemon that only had 2 in existance! Then the Incident happened the ice part broke free and became KYUREM! His sudden power lowering froze him. The remains of what the Kyurem' where altered and became ZEKROM AND RESHIRAM! So no Kyurem just broke apart and attached to the old bodies!

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Years
Perhaps the god stone will activate Kyurem's perfect forme in which it actually fuses with the other two as part of an event that can be accessed post game...though I'm leaning on it being Kyurem itself.

Vsjester13

Former battler
Years
The God stone will most likely have noting to do with Kyurem my reasoning for this is simple.
1: Theres a lady in Lacunosa Town that tells you a story that story is about the Ginat Chasm (aka Kyurems location) she says a huge meteor fell from the sky and hit that location creating the Ginat Chasm Kyurem is then mentioned (or impled) and that it was hiding inside the Meteor meaning that Meteor could have been the God stone but how should we know at this time.
2: in the trailer for the movie it looks like Kyurem is aborsbing power from Rocks that look like Zekrom and Reshirem so maybe Kyurem abosrbs thier powers and incases them in stone.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen May 11, 2023
Tbh I'm expecting the God stone to have something to do with the Kami trio's new forms. 'God stone' seems to be more related to 'Sacred Beast' forms rather than Kyurem which has nothing to do with God or any sort of sacred aspect. How it'll work I don't know though; maybe when the Kami trio member is holding the God stone they'll enter battle as the new form? It'll certainly be interesting to see. :3

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023
Tbh I'm expecting the God stone to have something to do with the Kami trio's new forms. 'God stone' seems to be more related to 'Sacred Beast' forms rather than Kyurem which has nothing to do with God or any sort of sacred aspect. How it'll work I don't know though; maybe when the Kami trio member is holding the God stone they'll enter battle as the new form? It'll certainly be interesting to see. :3

The Kami's Sacred Beast forms are only available through the 3DS's AR Searcher. From what I've seen there isn't any other way to get them. So I doubt the God Stone effects them.

Back