• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.

5th Gen Evil team change?

Status
Not open for further replies.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Years
An elite team of bad guys? Oh I sure hope so, hopefully they use tough Pokemon too rather than the classic easy grunt Pokemon the other teams have had.

Perhaps the new team is like the bikers only smarter and more organized. They might ask for an outrageous amount of pokedollars which the player can't pay so he battles them. Why do they need money? For what ever Akuroma is up to if he's their leader...

Zelda

⍃⍍⍄ ⍃⍍⍄
Years
  • Age 8
  • +
  • Seen Sep 15, 2020
No, I get a feeling that they just might be cops or some sort of security. Of course, they could be that as a disguise for their evil plan! I'm convinced this group of villains will be much sneakier than Plasma. plasma straight up stole from people, I'm hoping this one is much more subtle and sneakier than that.
It doesn't help that they are wearing black. :[ They should've picked a color like blue.

For all we know it could be Team Plasma's new look, but if they are an evil team disguised as cops - that could get interesting. & Somehow it could relate to Akuroma if part of it. People trust cops, and I'm sure the people of Unova wouldn't suspect them to be fake. If they knew Akuroma was helping the police force, they would love him/cheer for him like shown in the trailer. But then again he is the professor.

Though to get back on topic, wouldn't the real police of Unova know about this? How would they believe it?

Zayphora

Don't mess with the lights...
Years
I, personally would love to see a return of Team Galactic, but that's not going to happen....

unlessssssss-

The ice on the map is really a time freeze, and the Team Galactic people see it and mistakenly think it was caused by Dialga. And somehow Cyrus comes back by way of some sort of epic portal, and does stuff and....

Yeah, not going to happen. Plasma will probably come back, sadly. or not sadly.

-Grayscale-

яιѕєη ƒяσм тнє ๔єα๔...
Years
Just because they have orange hair doesn't mean they're Team Plasma...

If it is though, I'm expecting different tactics(a sneakier, evil and harsh team would be great), a new goal, and stronger pokemon. Still, I have to say, the thought of a team of people dressing up as the police is unrealistic and a little too silly for my taste. Make 'em gangsters~

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Years
Their suits kind of remind me of the rockets, must be all that black...
Either way, I'm leaning on this being a new team, or at least a renamed Plasma to hide the fact of who might be it's true leader if Ghetsis is to return.

Zelda

⍃⍍⍄ ⍃⍍⍄
Years
  • Age 8
  • +
  • Seen Sep 15, 2020
Their suits kind of remind me of the rockets, must be all that black...
Either way, I'm leaning on this being a new team, or at least a renamed Plasma to hide the fact of who might be it's true leader if Ghetsis is to return.
Plasma in disguise? Hmmm. I could see that happening, maybe even GameFreak's way of trolling us into thinking that N/Ghetsis and the gang didn't make their way into the sequels until they reveal themselves at midpoint. :B It's a great plot twist! Better than having an actual new evil team anyway.

dreamcatcher

Lump Appraiser
Years
I'm thinking we'll see the return of Team Plasma, although seeing a return of Team Galactic would be an interesting twist, or maybe a new uprising from Team Rocket or Team Aqua/Magma just for the nostalgia factor. :3

Zelda

⍃⍍⍄ ⍃⍍⍄
Years
  • Age 8
  • +
  • Seen Sep 15, 2020
I'm thinking we'll see the return of Team Plasma, although seeing a return of Team Galactic would be an interesting twist, or maybe a new uprising from Team Rocket or Team Aqua/Magma just for the nostalgia factor. :3
Or perhaps Team Plasma and Team Galactic will clash through the storyline somehow! We haven't seen Galactic since Sinnoh, so they could possibly be the evil team with new outfits. Which could only be a good thing, since the Plasma and Galactic outfits look pretty similar (with gray).

Zayphora

Years
Or maybe Plasma will clash with a different team altogether....hopefully called Team Nova. Because along with it being awesome, it goes with the whole space element thing that they like to go with for naming evil teams. Somewhere around I saw someone say that maybe Looker is secretly the leader of the evil team...yeah right...but that would be epic though.

Years
  • Seen Aug 25, 2015
I think this is probably a different team that may have a different goal or a "reformed" Team Plasma. Their uniforms are different, which makes me think this is a different team. Im wondering also if Akuroma has something to do with them( or is their boss), it could happen.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023
Its the League of Raging Gingers! Formerly known as Plasma Grunts.

Seriously? Same Region, both bad guy teams are Gingers. Too coincidental to be anything else.

tj4bigred

Instant Classic
Years
This is gonna sound crazy, but I feel like there might not be an evil team. I think the bad guy in this game is Kyurem, and these lovely red-haired people right here are just an environmental organization created to fix the sudden freeze caused by one (two?) dragon(s). Just guessing but it sounds believable to me.

And why is professor suddenly evil? I know he has a "I'm a nice guy with hidden intentions" feel to him, but maybe GameFreak expected everyone to immediately peg him as a bad guy. I for one think he's a nice person with no global domination schemes up his sleeves.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
"Aku" means "evil".
"Kuro" means "black".

In other words, THIS GUY'S A VILLAIN. What don't you get?

Not necessarily. He could just be a bad person and not be a villian, but either way that's a discussion for the Akuroma thread tbh.

Hm I wonder what the new team will be called.

Maybe something medieval, like vikings or something, idk.

Masterge77

Robot Mienshao
Years
You know, I really hope that Team Plasma isn't replaced in this game, I really hope that they just have a new motive and have no massive changes other than a new leader at the most...

Years
I have a sneaking suspicion that we'll be facing off against Team Plasma again but obviously under new leadership. Perhaps the new professor is the leader? He kinda gave me a Ghetsis-esque vibe when I looked at him, but that could have just been me.

blue

gucci
Years
There were kinda some lose ends that needed to be tied up with Team Plasma so although we haven't had any information on them for these games, we haven't had much information at all they could easily make a reappearance alongside another villainous team, Ruby & Sapphire had two teams, right?.

Zayphora

Years
If you watch the trailer, Akuroma appears with his book in a way that very much reminds me of the first time we see Cyrus in the opening sequence for Platinum. Just my opinion, but he seems like he has an ulterior motive if not an evil plan.

I hope they don't continue with the medieval theme. It was a nice fresh touch, but its not my favorite. But maybe I am depreciating it. It will most likely be used. I wouldnt mind a team called the Vikings, as long as they made it unique. Doesn't really fit the police-looking thing though. I still think Nova would be a great idea. That could be a good name for a reformed Plasma, too. Nova means new, as in new motive, new ideals....new freaky-haired leader....Yeah.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back