• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Pokémon] ~>{*Shiny Hunters Club}<~

PhantomWolf

SWEET MOTHER TERESA ON THE HOOD OF A MERCEDES BENZ
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Mar 2, 2017
Congrats all! I'm currently hunting shiny snivy. 123 eggs so far.... : (

Last edited:

Blaze the Cat

Life hurts, and so do I
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen May 19, 2014
2012-04-29125443.jpg

Hello, there!!

Yes, i did have Amphoros up front because i actually wanted Magnemite as my target, but today i had a swarm of Snubbull, so i moved my (fainted) Staryu back to the front to encounter them. i was reading up on a Serebii forum when i looked out of the corner of my eye and saw a different Magnemite, and sure enough, the sparkles rang out!!! I was also hoping for the Space Cow and Bull (Miltank and Tauros)

2012-04-29125624.jpg

i will be using him in the future (thats why i encounter sometimes). probably trade him over to B/W2 when they get released.

im going to continue to encounter here for the rest of today (i started hunting at around 10am, my time. this came a few moments ago) i really do want a Snubbull. if nothing shows, then i'll move to my next area, which what i want next is Stantler (i got Girafarig (PALINDRONE!!!!) so why not?)

Well now that I have joined the shiny chain contest... here is the picture of my first buizel as was suggest I get by a few members here

buizel.jpg

Currently standing at 2 shiny Buizel and a chain of 42. not my official submission. That will be after I get bored of chaining and restart on spiritomb

Whats this other contest on SR btw... im curious lol

Hi everyone.

Welcome to all new members.

Spoiler:

Ok, here it goes:

View attachment 64291

It appeared this morning; after my oshawott appeared I decided to give a try on the legendary musketeers, and it may be a coincidence that all the pokemon I have got recently all have blue color.

Cya later guys and happy hunting.

Congratulations to you! Another wonderful shiny for your collection!

And....
As it happens....
Another for mine too!!!

That's right; my chain of numbers is broken! Now I'm just waiting to see what number G gets to - but I've probably lost!
(G, since that's the 7k from this hunt, do I just minus 7k from my total or reset to 0 in our challenge? :P)

So, I'll put you out of your misery - I got Giratina!
I got hugely lucky and caught him on something like the 5th Dusk Ball, full health, paralysed. He's Quiet natured and I called him Avus Nasci (long story). It totalled in at 7318 SRs (or 28,610 if you include all of my SRs :P)
Spoiler:

It's there :P The video will be up later too. (Are we allowed to post videos here? Haha).
EDIT:
Counted...
1 Quick Ball,
5 Dusk Balls.
None shook at all apart from the one that caught it!

That's a lot of successful hunts (forgot G, too lazy to add).

Chr. Draco

Spatial Rift
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jan 11, 2024
Congrats to TSE for his great giratina; after so many SRs you definitely deserve it, enjoy. Nature?

Congrats to Razer for his buizel, thats one of my favorites.

Congrats to Keruso for his magnamite; going to evolve it into magnezone?

Ok, just saying hello. Happy hunting everyone.

Years
  • Seen Dec 13, 2013
Congrats to TSE for his great giratina; after so many SRs you definitely deserve it, enjoy. Nature?

Congrats to Razer for his buizel, thats one of my favorites.

Congrats to Keruso for his magnamite; going to evolve it into magnezone?

Ok, just saying hello. Happy hunting everyone.

TSE is a she

and as i said, i will be using it in the future, so yes, it will, eventually, be a Magnezone

Chr. Draco

Spatial Rift
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jan 11, 2024
Sorry about that, I know TSE is a she, I was going to put "her" instead of "his" but I got distracted.

Sorry TSE, I'll pay more attention next time.

Latios Master

11 Year PC Member
Years
Latios has been MMing for a year with nothing.

That's not true, I got an Eevee. To be specific, I've been MMing Litwick for a year.

Welcome to the club Sebbaiz, rykerr1, and AlexOzzyCake!

Congrats on the shiny Cryogonal, miloticfan54!

Congrats on the shiny Girafarig and Magnemite, Keruso!

I'm sorry to hear about the shiny Poochyena, ShinySearcher01. Good luck on reclaiming it!

Congrats on the shiny Cobalion, Chr. Draco!

Congrats on the shiny Giratina, TheShinyEevee!

Congrats on the shiny Buizel, Razer302!

This week's random hunt is... Rattata!

I played Crystal for the first time in years and found out what shinies I have on there. They are: Mareep, Marill, Pichu, Sneasel, Cleffa, Aipom, Quilfish, Yanma, Larvitar, Ditto, Gyarados (Lake of Rage), Ekans (from a trade), and Weepinbell (from a trade). I completely forgot I had some of these, like Yanma for example. This is a list of hunts I might work on in the current generation of games, since I can't trade them up. I would also like to have a reclaim hunt for the shiny Geodude that exploded on me on Silver a decade ago. I feel old. Every time you wanted to go to a different box in the PC you had to save the game.

Sakura Rain

→Let's laugh at everything!
Years
Hello everyone~ I'd like to join, if that's okay? Shinies that I have... -boots up white- I've got a random shiny Gurdurr, a shiny chained Arcanine transferred from Diamond, a hatched shiny Swablu, It wasn't even Masuda Method'd I was like O_O and a MM'd shiny Milotic. Thinking I might go for MM Trapinch next.

CarefulWetPaint

Doctor Lobotomy
Years
Congratulations TSE, looks like all that luck I wished you finally payed off :)
Congratulations Razer on the buizel, Im sure youll have about 5 more by the time you have finished chaining.
Congratulations on getting Cobalion, Dr. though you didnt seem to excited :S
Keruso.. Well done.. The shiny gods love you.. xD

Also still no luck for me, getting frustrated now cause I want to start playing through black.

Happy Hunting all!

Razer302

Three Days Grace - Break
Years
Will give my official chain submission tomorrow but currently stands at 3 shiny buizel and chain of 44.

Welcome sakura rain aswell.

G-Money

Polychromatic Iridescence
Years
4177 Spiritomb.

I don't want to sound mean or anything, but I think the page would load faster if we put large pictures/quotes in spoiler tags. I don't want to tell you guys how to post or anything, but my page started lagging with all the pics and quotes, "lol."

In my last post, I sort of discouraged REing in R/S post-battery death. I was browsing through the Manual and it appears that REing is safe. You might still run into a duplicate from time to time, but the likelihood of that is rather slim since each encounter takes a different amount of time. After several minutes have passed since you've turned the game on, the chances of repeating frames are incredibly low.

2 shiny Buizel

Congrats!! You've skyrocketed into first for the contest!

i actually wanted Magnemite

Congrats, Keruso!

^- that's probably going to be the most common phrase ever said at some point

"lol," sweet number. Good luck on your hunt!

Congrats on the shiny Girafarig and Magnemite, Keruso!

on Silver a decade ago

I find it funny how Keruso finds shinies more frequently than you post, "lol." :cer_laugh:

Wow, that's a lot of 2nd Gen shinies! I didn't start shiny hunting until 2006, so the only G/S/C ones I have are the Red Gyarados. But I remember how frustrating and slow everything was compared to today, with the PC boxes and all. R/S were such a giant leap forward, haha.

It would be interesting to trade over all 1st Gen Pokemon to see which ones, if any, are shiny. We could have shinies and not even know it! :pink_laugh:

I'd like to join

Welcome to the SHC!! I hope Trapinch shines for you soon!

Congratulations on getting Cobalion, Dr. though you didnt seem to excited :S

Haha, that's the Chr. Draco style! He hides his shinies throughout his posts so it's like a game, "lol." I remember back during last spring I had to reread his posts a couple of times because he would be like, "Hi, ...(three paragraphs later)...not much to say, oh by the way I got a new shiny, ..." :laugh:

Most people are somewhere in between, but I think the Chr. and I represent the two extremes of the announcing-new-shinies-spectrum. Contrast his posts with my slightly less subtle style...

Spoiler:

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Dec 31, 2012
I've been somewhat busy lately so I haven't bothered much with the chaining contest, but maybe later today I'll try my luck and see if I can make a last minute improvement. It's mostly that I've been focusing on Treecko, though my art course is finishing very soon and I've also been making a costume for a Con next month.

Treecko Masuda Method- 1300 eggs so far.

Edit: OH GOD GUYS I THINK I JUST MESSED UP. As in, I THINK but I don't KNOW and somehow that is SO MUCH WORSE. Basically I was about to start chaining Skitty, but I encountered a Flaafy instead, so I soft resetted away. But then I thought, "hang on, I ssswear that had a green gem on its tail. Didn't my shiny one look like that?" So I checked and yeah, those are the shiny colours. If I really did see what I thought I saw... Then I just lost my first randomly encountered shiny ever. I'm not as bothered as I would be if I'd never had that one before, but still... urghhhhhhhhh

Last edited:

Razer302

Three Days Grace - Break
Years
My shiny count currentlu rests at 5 and chain total of 47 chain still active but im at work. wilk have 5 more hours when im home. I want to get as high as I can by midnight and claim a win.

Sakura Rain

Years
Edit: OH GOD GUYS I THINK I JUST MESSED UP. As in, I THINK but I don't KNOW and somehow that is SO MUCH WORSE. Basically I was about to start chaining Skitty, but I encountered a Flaafy instead, so I soft resetted away. But then I thought, "hang on, I ssswear that had a green gem on its tail. Didn't my shiny one look like that?" So I checked and yeah, those are the shiny colours. If I really did see what I thought I saw... Then I just lost my first randomly encountered shiny ever. I'm not as bothered as I would be if I'd never had that one before, but still... urghhhhhhhhh

;_; It's always worse when you'll never know. Sorry, hun. -hands feel-better cookie-

Meanwhile, 150 Trapinch eggs and counting. This is looking to be a lot longer than my shiny Feebas hunt >_>

CarefulWetPaint

Doctor Lobotomy
Years
@ G-MONEYZ.

I see he is rather like eh, shiny, no biggie.
then you are GUYZ ITZ SHINYZ EVERYONE LOOK! LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOK!! I GOT A SHINY. YOU ALL MUST KNOW!!! PRAISE THE LORD WHO IS G MONEY!!

Also razer I think you are the chaining king tbh, If someone beats you ill be surprised..

Chr. Draco

Spatial Rift
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jan 11, 2024
I enjoy when I get a new shiny, it's just that I have my way to say it staying calm, that's all.

Hello everyone~ I'd like to join, if that's okay? Shinies that I have... -boots up white- I've got a random shiny Gurdurr, a shiny chained Arcanine transferred from Diamond, a hatched shiny Swablu, It wasn't even Masuda Method'd I was like O_O and a MM'd shiny Milotic. Thinking I might go for MM Trapinch next.

You got interesting shinies there, welcome.

To Razer: I think you're the winner of the chaining contest, there were only 2 participants I guess, we have to wait for G-money to make the final decision.

Cya guys and happy hunting.

Razer302

Three Days Grace - Break
Years
Oh nice my final count was 3 shny and final chain of 44. Finally won something lol. next up the years challenge. going to try for them all. shiny starter in black and white 2.

rykerr1

Shiny Fanatic
Years
  • Age 29
  • USA
  • Seen Oct 6, 2012
Hi everyone, I'm back =)

Congrats on all of the shinies that people have gotten... not going to list them all but you know who you are!

I have a question for those who RE in 3rd or 4th gen: how do you count the encounters that you do? I know the trainer card counts them in 5th gen but I don't get how people keep track without it.

Chr. Draco

Spatial Rift
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jan 11, 2024
That depends, some like to count the target, others count every pokemon they see; the method is usually by using a counter, pencil/pen and paper, or a calculator.

Sakura Rain

Years
You got interesting shinies there, welcome.

Hehe, thanks. I'm definitely proudest of my lovely Milotic, as she was my first successful MM ever and her IVs are actually good. I don't even like Gurdurr why on earth did a shiny of it randomly appear ;_;

I know for a fact I never RE'd on purpose in 3rd gen. I didn't care about it enough, lol And I mainly used pokeradar in 4th gen and have exactly one shiny to show for it god that thing was annoying. It's just asdfjkl. I prefer Masuda Method D;

COME ON TRAPINCH SHINE FOR ME YOU KNOW YOU WANT TO

Razer302

Three Days Grace - Break
Years
I RE on ruby a lot back in the old days. only ever got 3 shinys and maxed out my time and went miles over it. lol.

I can give a basic chain guide with good locations to practise if you would like?

Back