• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.
  • Want to share your adventures playing Pokémon?
    Check out our new Travel Journals forum for sharing playthroughs of ROM Hacks, Fan Games, and other Pokémon content!
  • IMPORTANT: Following a takedown request, the following hacks have been delisted from PokéCommunity:

• Pokémon Glazed
    • Pokémon: Giratina Strikes Back
    • Pokémon Flora Sky
    • Pokémon Stranded
    The downloads and discussion threads for these hacks will no longer be accessible, and staff will be unable to return questions regarding accessing this content.

FireRed hack: Pokémon Ice Version

Status
Not open for further replies.

mitchel1

Rom-hacker/scripter
Years
Hi, there, kebbles! How are ya'?

First of all, I have to say that this hack is graphical wise stunning looking.
But, on the other hand, there's always some criticism.
If I may give my opinion about this screenshot,
Galaxy4-2.png

The building colors doesn't fit the other pallet colors. They are way to bright, try to give it an darker skin. This also counts on the outline from this building.

Also I and guess also the others would be pleased if you show some of your scripting skills. These can variate due a simple applymovement 'till variable, bytes and ASM.

Good luck during this project!

Kind regards,

~Mitchel1

Spoiler:

kebbles

Rom Hacker.
Years
awsome update i have two things to say for this 1 i like this torn world better and 2 im hoping that sprite will work for the title screen i was getting a weird error with the N sprite i was using for some reason...
Oh good, check out the first post, you can check out the torn world more and let me know what you think?
And thats not good, lets hope it works, what N sprite are you using?

Hi, there, kebbles! How are ya'?
Good Thanks :)
First of all, I have to say that this hack is graphical wise stunning looking.
But, on the other hand, there's always some criticism.
If I may give my opinion about this screenshot,
Galaxy4-2.png

The building colors doesn't fit the other pallet colors. They are way to bright, try to give it an darker skin. This also counts on the outline from this building.

Also I and guess also the others would be pleased if you show some of your scripting skills. These can variate due a simple applymovement 'till variable, bytes and ASM.

Good luck during this project!

Kind regards,

~Mitchel1

Spoiler:
Firstly, thank you mitchel, i really appreciate your feedback and compliment.
Your right about that dome, I kinda thought that myself but I wasn't to sure, your the first person to give me actual useful feedback (Sorry guys, but its true :D)
Im in the process of inserting a new building, which I think everyone will be pleased with, as I havn't seen any other hack with a special building like the one I've choosen.
And im in the process of making a youtube account so I can start uploading videos.
And mitchel, I'm quite a good scripter, thethethethe taught me how to script 4 years ago when I was just a little noob :) and when I got out of hacking alot of the memory I had on scipting vanished, but its coming back to me which is good. ASM.. lol Its very new to me, last time I was hacking ASM was never even talked about, but I'm in the process of learning, so far I've managed to make the sprite on the Trainer Card change to another sprite lol not much, but im getting there..
Once again thank you for your time mitchel and good luck in the future with LoG.
I'm hoping we might keep in contact, take care.

Ultimo1991

Team Ultimo/Infinity Leader
Years
  • Age 32
  • USA
  • Seen May 19, 2023

Oh good, check out the first post, you can check out the torn world more and let me know what you think?
And thats not good, lets hope it works, what N sprite are you using?

Firstly, thank you mitchel, i really appreciate your feedback and compliment.
Your right about that dome, I kinda thought that myself but I wasn't to sure, your the first person to give me actual useful feedback (Sorry guys, but its true :D)
Im in the process of inserting a new building, which I think everyone will be pleased with, as I havn't seen any other hack with a special building like the one I've choosen.
And im in the process of making a youtube account so I can start uploading videos.
And mitchel, I'm quite a good scripter, thethethethe taught me how to script 4 years ago when I was just a little noob :) and when I got out of hacking alot of the memory I had on scipting vanished, but its coming back to me which is good. ASM.. lol Its very new to me, last time I was hacking ASM was never even talked about, but I'm in the process of learning, so far I've managed to make the sprite on the Trainer Card change to another sprite lol not much, but im getting there..
Once again thank you for your time mitchel and good luck in the future with LoG.
I'm hoping we might keep in contact, take care.
um... i used sprite i found in the resource sections in these forums it came with like tons of other BW sprites but i can insert the indexed one perfectly(i suck at indexing sprites) but then when i try to insert the raw whitch you gotta do for the title screen thing to work it gives me an error >_<
Also i read what Mitchel said and i think he is right two so your gonna change that? If so that would be awsome your doing great on this Keebles^^
OOC: OMG!! Kebbles the torn world looks awsome you did good!!

Last edited:

Wesley FG

Pokémon Kalos Advance !! Gba Hack
Years
One of the most professional I have seen here, I liked the aspect graph, especially palettes, and the perfect tiles of the TORN WORLD.
nice works

kebbles

Rom Hacker.
Years
um... i used sprite i found in the resource sections in these forums it came with like tons of other BW sprites but i can insert the indexed one perfectly(i suck at indexing sprites) but then when i try to insert the raw whitch you gotta do for the title screen thing to work it gives me an error >_<
Also i read what Mitchel said and i think he is right two so your gonna change that? If so that would be awsome your doing great on this Keebles^^
OOC: OMG!! Kebbles the torn world looks awsome you did good!!
Those Sprites would come in handy, i'll have to check them out.
Lol I know nothing about title screens as u know, wish I could help.
Yep, I've already changed it, its now a normal house but it looks 3D, really 3D lol.
And thanks, they took a while to insert, glad thats over with lol..

One of the most professional I have seen here, I liked the aspect graph, especially palettes, and the perfect tiles of the TORN WORLD.
nice works
Thank you Wesley, I'm honoured to have a post from someone so talented :)

Tuesday Update:
Sorry I havn't been on much, as I said a few days ago I'm really busy with work and my personal life, but I've still been hacking whenever I get a chance. Heres two new screens, hope yous like them :)
also, don't mind the random overworld lol and the tile error in the second screen.
GalaxyElements1.png
GalaxyElements-1.png

Also credits to qaz for the new heading banner, go check it out :)
Really nice qaz, thanks again :)
*I'm not sure if I'll be having the Thursday update anymore, I'll be changing it to either friday or saturday to space it apart.​

Years
  • Seen Mar 13, 2023
OMG

Oh, splendid work, bro. I can see Hoko temple tiles as well. Mind if I as where I can get the Palkia brick-like tile & the tilesheet which consists pf the Dialga, Palkia & Gyrados statue tiles? If you have any good tiles you recommend, please PM them to me. I'm also considering in making a hack sooner or later......

kebbles

Rom Hacker.
Years
Oh, splendid work, bro. I can see Hoko temple tiles as well. Mind if I as where I can get the Palkia brick-like tile & the tilesheet which consists pf the Dialga, Palkia & Gyrados statue tiles? If you have any good tiles you recommend, please PM them to me. I'm also considering in making a hack sooner or later......

Thanks man, yeah they sure are, good eyes lol.
I'll send them to you, plus all the best tiles you can get, I have pretty much all the best tiles that are available. Ah, nice, well when you get started let me know and I'll help you out ;)

Ultimo1991

Years
  • Age 32
  • USA
  • Seen May 19, 2023
awsome updates Kebbles very well done but im still tired o i mightve overlooked something ill check back later when im more awake hahaha!!! anywyas when im not as irritated with things in my personal life ill try to work around the error i get or just do something totally different...

Ultimo1991

Years
  • Age 32
  • USA
  • Seen May 19, 2023

Thanks man, yeah they sure are, good eyes lol.
I'll send them to you, plus all the best tiles you can get, I have pretty much all the best tiles that are available. Ah, nice, well when you get started let me know and I'll help you out ;)
oh um Kebles is it jsut me or do the colors to the statue seem well different then the rest of the pallete?

samiulrules

Pokemon Champ
Years
  • Seen Jan 28, 2021
Hey could you maybe reveal some of the gym leaders and there Pokemon? And maybe give them rare Pokemon that you cant catch in the game? Also if you add Fakemon you should make an event where Arceus releases some new Pokemon in to the Latrobe Region the new Pokemon being Fakemon. Which in turn would include new evolutions.

Ultimo1991

Years
  • Age 32
  • USA
  • Seen May 19, 2023
Hey could you maybe reveal some of the gym leaders and there Pokemon? And maybe give them rare Pokemon that you cant catch in the game? Also if you add Fakemon you should make an event where Arceus releases some new Pokemon in to the Latrobe Region the new Pokemon being Fakemon. Which in turn would include new evolutions.
revealing the leaders would be make haveing testers pointless... and less fun... i myself dont wanna have them revealed untill Kebbles see's it time for it ut i like your idea for arceus a lil bit^^ everything else no not likeing srry dude...

samiulrules

Pokemon Champ
Years
  • Seen Jan 28, 2021
To Ultimo1991

Ya I thought it was a little farfetched to. But hey wth just try. You never know what might happen :D.

qaz015393

pokemon revenge developer
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen yesterday
nice updates. I see you took mitchel1 comment on matching the pallet colors. Update 1 looks good, the only thing that kinda looks out of place is the color of the wall of the drawn pokemon is on. I think it should be the same color as the ... room entrance *?*. Update 2, not bad. lol just notice the error now after looking at the pic for a while XD

kebbles

Rom Hacker.
Years
awsome updates Kebbles very well done but im still tired o i mightve overlooked something ill check back later when im more awake hahaha!!! anywyas when im not as irritated with things in my personal life ill try to work around the error i get or just do something totally different...
Haha thats okay, thanks ulitimo.
Lol I know what you mean, I'm so busy at the moment, I havn't worked on elements since 2 days ago, I just havn't had any time to myself :) hopefully this weekend I can get alot done! And its okay, I know you will figure it out :) I dont plan on having the new title screen in beta1 so don't stress about it.

This looks amazing so far. I can't wait to play the first beta.
Thank you :) I appreciate your post.
Hopefully the release won't be to far away..
(Also I'm gonna check out your hack lol :D)

oh um Kebles is it jsut me or do the colors to the statue seem well different then the rest of the pallete?
Yeah they are, but it's meant to be, its not related to the temple, the temple was actually a giratina temple but I changed it. What do you think of the statue besides the pallete?

Every Pokemon in my edited Pokedex will be available, you will need to catch Pokemon to get further in the game, and there will only be 1 or 2 fakemon, and although the Arceus idea is good, it just wouldn't work as the fakemon will be either pre-evolutions or new evolutions for real Pokemon, also Arceus is involved with N so it wouldn't work as I said. And sorry I'm not revealing things like that, it kinda ruins the game, I wouldn't even tell Ultimo the rivals Pokemon, and he is my closest friend on here lol.

revealing the leaders would be make haveing testers pointless... and less fun... i myself dont wanna have them revealed untill Kebbles see's it time for it ut i like your idea for arceus a lil bit^^ everything else no not likeing srry dude...
Exactly lol.

Ya I thought it was a little farfetched to. But hey wth just try. You never know what might happen :D.
Nah thats okay bro, thank you for your ideas, keep them coming.
I'm always open to new ideas and storylines, and like I have said before this game is for all of you. (But mainly for my girlfriend :D)

nice updates. I see you took mitchel1 comment on matching the pallet colors. Update 1 looks good, the only thing that kinda looks out of place is the color of the wall of the drawn pokemon is on. I think it should be the same color as the ... room entrance *?*. Update 2, not bad. lol just notice the error now after looking at the pic for a while XD
Yeah I did as he was right.
Hmm come to think of it your right, when I can be stuffed I'll change it as its gonna be a pain lol.
lol I actually uploaded it on here then noticed it myself, its not actually an error, I just have to make a new tile for the tree where it crosses over with a bush.

Years
  • Seen Mar 13, 2023
Hey dude, are you cancelling Thurday's weekly update? Also, waiting for the tiles, hehe......

kebbles

Rom Hacker.
Years
Hey dude, are you cancelling Thurday's weekly update? Also, waiting for the tiles, hehe......

Yeah because Tuesday n Thursday are too close, the updates are now on Tuesday and Saturday :)
And sorry midnight, I'll have to send them tomorrow or the next day, I gotta go :(
Also if you need a hand inserting tiles then let me know :)

Years
Wow this looks amazing! I love the way you post regular updates every Tuesday and Thursday (now Saturday... by the looks of it xD)
I wish you luck on finishing this hack~! I'll be looking forward to the first beta release!

Ultimo1991

Years
  • Age 32
  • USA
  • Seen May 19, 2023

Haha thats okay, thanks ultimo.
Lol I know what you mean, I'm so busy at the moment, I havn't worked on elements since 2 days ago, I just havn't had any time to myself :) hopefully this weekend I can get alot done! And its okay, I know you will figure it out :) I dont plan on having the new title screen in beta1 so don't stress about it.

Thank you :) I appreciate your post.
Hopefully the release won't be to far away..
(Also I'm gonna check out your hack lol :D)

Yeah they are, but it's meant to be, its not related to the temple, the temple was actually a giratina temple but I changed it. What do you think of the statue besides the pallete?

Every Pokemon in my edited Pokedex will be available, you will need to catch Pokemon to get further in the game, and there will only be 1 or 2 fakemon, and although the Arceus idea is good, it just wouldn't work as the fakemon will be either pre-evolutions or new evolutions for real Pokemon, also Arceus is involved with N so it wouldn't work as I said. And sorry I'm not revealing things like that, it kinda ruins the game, I wouldn't even tell Ultimo the rivals Pokemon, and he is my closest friend on here lol.

Exactly lol.

Nah thats okay bro, thank you for your ideas, keep them coming.
I'm always open to new ideas and storylines, and like I have said before this game is for all of you. (But mainly for my girlfriend :D)

Yeah I did as he was right.
Hmm come to think of it your right, when I can be stuffed I'll change it as its gonna be a pain lol.
lol I actually uploaded it on here then noticed it myself, its not actually an error, I just have to make a new tile for the tree where it crosses over with a bush.
ok thats alot of stress off me :) but as soon as i get time ill start working on it its very confusing and stressing like all hacking can get hahaha!!!

i think the statue is ok but well as qaz the error and the wall background are well... needing fixed the wall background just doesnt seem to fit maybe make its pallete alil darker? (i feel like a retard not seeing the error till qaz mentioned it hahaha)

gotta keep em happy hahaha^^ anyways hopeing you can get more work done soon but personal life is way important mind you;)

Yeah because Tuesday n Thursday are too close, the updates are now on Tuesday and Saturday :)
And sorry midnight, I'll have to send them tomorrow or the next day, I gotta go :(
Also if you need a hand inserting tiles then let me know :)
oh so your good at inserting tiles then Kebbles i was wondering if ya can well teach me how to as im sorta a noob at it? (trying to fnish my own hack)

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back