• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

★The Water Park★ [Water-Type Fan Club]

Pokemon of the Week for the week of: July 2, 2012

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
Years
Yeah, it can be in terms of weakness, or by appearance. Whichever is fine. ^_^

Agreeing with OzCake. I think the worst water-type Pokemon is this:

160px-550Basculin_alternate.png

I fear this Pokemon. Everytime I see a rippling water in the game I always think it's an awesome Pokemon waiting for me to get encountered. But nooooooooooo. These Pokemon get in the way. -___-

Sector

Banned
Years
  • Age 33
  • Ohio
  • Seen Oct 10, 2016
The only thing Basculin is good for is Final Gambit, which is suicidal. I don't even like this Pokemon myself

As for Alomomola, I love the name, but the reason for the previous poster asking why not an evolution for Luvdisc?

Because they wanted to separate Generation 5 from the previous ones...

Plus I see NO similarity between the two Caring/Love fishes

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 11, 2022
Seismitoad. It's movepool is neat, but that's as cool as it gets. It's design is ugly, and it's sub-par stats are barely anything to brag about.

Years
Yeah, it can be in terms of weakness, or by appearance. Whichever is fine. ^_^

Agreeing with OzCake. I think the worst water-type Pokemon is this:

160px-550Basculin_alternate.png

I fear this Pokemon. Everytime I see a rippling water in the game I always think it's an awesome Pokemon waiting for me to get encountered. But nooooooooooo. These Pokemon get in the way. -___-

I agree with you Meganium90, I hate Basculin... cos one nearly took out my overleveled Pokemon with Final Gambit.

Plus every time I train Grass and Electric-types, they end up hitting me really hard forcing me to use a stronger Pokemon to take them down.

And yeah, when I look for rippling water thinking there's an awesome Pokemon there and I surf/fish in it only to find it's a Basculin (albeit the opposite form to the one found in your version).

If I had to choose whether Basculin or Magikarp is more annoying, I'd say Basculin.

I don't get why so many people hate Alomomola. It's actually very helpful in Double/Triple Battles.

Kyogia

Just a Pleasant Piplup
Years
Tentacool.
Annoying little guys, always around and my grass types don't have super-effective moves for them.
The only good things they have is the ability to add onto the Pokedex and the ability to get wiped out by my Espeon (2nd gen).

Mentalii

Back
Years
I'm pretty surprised that many of you chose Basculin as the worst water Pokémon... I don't particularly like it, but I appreciate the idea of making two forms of this Pokémon (one that looks particularly fierce and one that looks uh... a little dumb). But I think it need an evolution, given that Basculin is already a very annoying Pokémon, its evolution could have been a pretty strong Pokémon, useful in battles, contrary to it.

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
Years
I agree with the ones that said Tentacool though! I swear everytime I get close to one, half of my party gets poisoned. And I'm in the middle of the sea with no antidotes and I have to surf all the way back to the shore. -___- Annoying indeed.

Kyogia

Just a Pleasant Piplup
Years
I'm pretty surprised that many of you chose Basculin as the worst water Pokémon... I don't particularly like it, but I appreciate the idea of making two forms of this Pokémon (one that looks particularly fierce and one that looks uh... a little dumb). But I think it need an evolution, given that Basculin is already a very annoying Pokémon, its evolution could have been a pretty strong Pokémon, useful in battles, contrary to it.
Basculins have no evolutions?
I never noticed... I'm actually somewhat surprised by that.
(Not like I've ever even caught one in White...)

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
Years
Basculins are like Magikarps and Feebas's in the 5th generation. That's one Pokemon that needs an evolution... a stronger one!

Which...brings me to a new topic! :3

Which water-type Pokemon do you think needs a new evolution? (baby form or third stage?)

Also, I'm doing another poll for the next water-type of the week! I'm choosing three random Pokemon and you'll get to vote for one of them! ^_^

Peresozo

Trainer
Years
  • Age 29
  • NY
  • Seen Aug 16, 2012
Basculins are like Magikarps and Feebas's in the 5th generation. That's one Pokemon that needs an evolution... a stronger one!

Which...brings me to a new topic! :3

Which water-type Pokemon do you think needs a new evolution? (baby form or third stage?)

Also, I'm doing another poll for the next water-type of the week! I'm choosing three random Pokemon and you'll get to vote for one of them! ^_^

floatzel to an another looking pokemon , also luvdisc and corsola lol

oh my the userbar has been deleted? well i still have it i jst cant find a image hosting page tht would make the effect work D:

99.gif
there i re-upload it to photobucket i hope this time it doesnt dissapear XD

Last edited:

Avishka

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Nov 13, 2019
Worst water-type?
Tentacool. For every ocean route i've had to swim across while being attacked every 3 steps by them.Why is this pokemon seriously in every route @ sea?
Magikarp. It goes without saying

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
Years
New poll up for the Pokemon of the Week! You guys have to choose between three Pokemon: Shellos, Dewott, or Chinchou!

oh my the userbar has been deleted? well i still have it i jst cant find a image hosting page tht would make the effect work D:

99.gif
there i re-upload it to photobucket i hope this time it doesnt dissapear XD

Okay, I'll go ahead and replace that. :D

Olli

I am still bathing in a summer's afterglow
Years

Hmm, interesting question. Now there are a lot of Pokémon in dire need of an expanded evolutionary line, though not many Water types that I can recall.
Now, I basically think that most Pokémon that only have two stages of evolutions pretty much need a third stage, be it either prevolution or evolution. There are cases of two stage families that I just don't see the need of a third one in, like Magikarp and Gyarados, or Drifblim and Drifloon, though one of the families that should have one would be Phione and Manaphy.

Phione is already pretty much a perfect first stage, so I'm guessing that in that case Manaphy should have an evolution, though preferably something that still keep the cuteness of the two, since that's one of my favourite things about that line ^^

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 11, 2022
I think the Water type selection is good as it is. It doesn't need anymore pre-evolutions or anything like that. Legit.

And I totally vote for my bro Shellos up there. Pink, adorable, and a fun movepool makes me love it.

Kyogia

Just a Pleasant Piplup
Years
Phione should evolve into Manaphy!
Manaphy can breed Phiones, but Phione's bigger than Manaphy and can't evolve into Manaphy? That's not nice. D:

Anyway, I vote for...
Ah, I forgot... Oh well, not that big of a deal. Now I'm stuck between Dewott and Chinchou... I guess I'd have to pick Dewott.

Sector

Banned
Years
  • Age 33
  • Ohio
  • Seen Oct 10, 2016
Phione is already pretty much a perfect first stage, so I'm guessing that in that case Manaphy should have an evolution, though preferably something that still keep the cuteness of the two, since that's one of my favourite things about that line ^^
That would make absolutely make perfect sense. To bad it's not like that in reality.

But the topic about a baby form or a newer evolution? All I can say is
131.gif
is the only Pokemon before Generation 5 who needs any newer baby form.

Mm What about Milotic? I can see an even stronger evolution to the Milotic family. Though I can't come up with a design as I'm terrible with that section xD

Adam Levine

[color=#ffffff][font="Century Gothic"]I have tried
Years
Name: angelomanalo
Your Partner Pokemon: Palpitoad
Why do you like Water-Types?: Because I like drinking water, but I really hate Misty, because she hates carrots :P
I find Waterfall the most powerful, because when I battle Lance, Surf almost didn't work :P

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back