• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.

Accursed memory...

Years
  • Seen Oct 4, 2012
Hello, I am Gamefan. I completely forgot about this site shortly after registering and when I went to sign up after rediscovering it... well, just look at the title.

I've been a fan of Pokémon ever since I first got my hands on Red back when it first came to North America. I enjoyed Yellow, adored Gold/Crystal, but when I saw Ruby/Sapphire on the horizon I lost interest in the main series games. Too many Mons... I was dragged back into the main series (kicking and screaming was optional) just before the announcement of HeartGold/SoulSilver. The main games have their ups and downs and overall I'm not planning on getting Black/White 2 or the Pokémon Conquest games. If I'm fed up with Training, why do I keep playing hacks? The answer eludes me.

I don't particularly have a favorite Mon, but I am partial to Fire-types as starters and I like Ghosts and Dark types in general. In the way of Hacks, I'm currently trying out a Ponymon FireRed/LeafGreen hack, a Team Rocket Red Hack, and trying to find a Pokemon Yellow update in the vein of FireRed/LeafGreen. I peeked at the page for "Ruby Destiny: Life of Guardians". That looks really interesting although I just downloaded and applied the "Toxic Purple" hack. ...yeah, I'm really interested in playing for the villains which I almost got to do in Gale of Darkness. Always wanted to be on the Villain's side since Red even though I know it'll never be. Team Rocket will rise! Again-again!

So yeah, hello and... uh... hello.

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
Years
Great to see ya here, Gamefan! :3

Ahh, we're like on the same page here. :3 I got Red when I was little when it came out. It was the best thing ever. I also adored Gold/Silver/Crystal. I still own Silver, actually. I think Black & White was why I returned back to the series. You should play them if you haven't done so. Then you'll probably want to get the newer games. xD

Well it sounds like you are interested in the hacks here on PC, right? How are you liking them? Many of the hacks are made by some of our awesome members, give kudos to them. :D Hmm, maybe in the future you may want to make one of your own? :3

Anyways, welcome aboard, and I hope to see ya active here, yes? Visit the Adoption Center if ya like, read the rules, and have a great time here! See ya!

Years
  • Seen Oct 4, 2012
Thanks for the welcome, Meganium! I have played Black & White. It was nice but... i dunno... I just lost interest in that game far too quickly. Yes, I am interested in the hacks. They're fun so far, I especially enjoyed taking that Vulpix off of the little girl in ToxicPurple. *grins* I have considered working on my own hack but I'm just not sure if I'd be able to complete it.

Back