• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.

Chit-Chat: EVAN PETERS HAVE MY BABIES

Status
Not open for further replies.

digi-kun

Hourai NEET
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Mar 12, 2018
The timing on this week's fate/zero....
Spoiler:

Her

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Mar 14, 2024
DavidCater
That's not fair! Finally a show about witches come on air and once the first season is over its cancelled?!
Clearly, Mr Cater was in a coma from 1998 to 2006, the poor man. He's never heard of Charmed!

Years
Wow, that show lasted a long time. I didn't think people actually watch Charmed. I caught like ten minutes of one episode and it seemed really dull. Always assumed it was one of those shows that just played its single season on a rerun loop.

Years
I never knew this was a thing until I went to Japan and I was shown a screen and told to touch where I wanted to sit. I went all like this:

whatisthis_BlooJawDrop.gif

At least in my memory I did. I feel so, so, so 20th century going to a theatre and not being able to pick a seat and have it reserved for me now.

I thought that was a standard thing of being able to choose where you sat?​

Shining Raichu

Expect me like you expect Jesus.
Years
Wow, that show lasted a long time. I didn't think people actually watch Charmed. I caught like ten minutes of one episode and it seemed really dull. Always assumed it was one of those shows that just played its single season on a rerun loop.

YOU OFFEND ME MADAM.

Charmed was my life for such a long time. I signed 15,000 online petitions to get it a Season 9, and I had an undying obsession with the show that lasted pretty much until I discovered Buffy in late 2007. So it ate a good portion of my life!

It was such an awesome show though... and it was the reason for my first ever foruming experience. It has shaped me into the lovely vision you see before you today!

Years
I thought that was a standard thing of being able to choose where you sat?​
Not where I live or anywhere I've been to the movies in the states. And I'm from California! Hollywood is sort of in my backyard.

YOU OFFEND ME MADAM.
I'M GOOD AT THAT. But the show did play on a channel that always played reruns of old shows and all the friends I had liked Buffy and didn't care for Charmed so I also assumed it was just Buffy-lite.

Her

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Mar 14, 2024
YOU OFFEND ME MADAM.

Charmed was my life for such a long time. I signed 15,000 online petitions to get it a Season 9, and I had an undying obsession with the show that lasted pretty much until I discovered Buffy in late 2007. So it ate a good portion of my life!

It was such an awesome show though... and it was the reason for my first ever foruming experience. It has shaped me into the lovely vision you see before you today!

Signing petitions to save shows is a thing for you, isn't it?

Shining Raichu

Years
Scarf said:
all the friends I had liked Buffy and didn't care for Charmed so I also assumed it was just Buffy-lite.

I wouldn't call it Buffy-lite, but once you get your hands on a Joss Whedon show, nothing else is ever as good ever again :(

Harlequin said:
Signing petitions to save shows is a thing for you, isn't it?

lmao yeah - at least it was, back when I was young and naive enough to believe that actually made a difference :(

kuzronk

Banned
Years
The only time i needed to wait for long was for Harry Potter 5 since people wanted to see that or another movie that came out around that time

Her

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Mar 14, 2024

I never watched it either, Alyssa Milano = no. My favorite witch-related show was always Sabrina the Teenage Witch, although little ol' Sabrina was in a whole different category than the dirty and tainted Alyssa Milano.

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Dec 30, 2023
I'm very interested in series' such as Game of Thrones and on the occasion, Spartacus. But I'm far more interested in epic fantasy set in this sort of time. In addition I'm fond of movies like Lord of the Rings, and I'nm struggling to find things done like these are. So if anyone has any series' or movies like Lord of the Rings or Game of Thrones I'd love to hear.

Years
Lessee... big epic fantasy movies?

If you want something 80s-tastic (with the limited scale of epic-ness you get with that decade) you have Willow (which is more adventure-y, less epic), Labyrinth (more magical, not much action or epic stuff), The Dark Crystal (a certain level of epic scale, done all with puppets), Highlander (can't really remember how this one goes but I'm pretty sure it's got sword fighting). Somehow, I get the vibe these aren't quite what you're looking for though.

What else? There's a 2000s movie called Reign of Fire in which dragons have taken over the world, or something. I heard it wasn't that good and I haven't seen it. For other movies in that kind of action/adventure area there's Beowulf, Prince of Persia, and 300, (all of which I haven't seen, can't personally recommend). There's also Gladiator and Troy for recent-ish swords-and-sandals type movies about high adventure in Greco-Roman times. (I can't speak to these personally either.)

If you don't mind stretching out into foreign films you'll probably find some good martial arts movies like Crouching Tiger Hidden Dragon or Hero.

Mr Cat Dog

Frasier says it best
Years
TIME FOR A TITLE CHANGE!

And yeah, Sabrina >>> all other witchy shows. Apart from the animated Sabrina which was just all kinds of crap.

Shining Raichu

Years

I never watched it either, Alyssa Milano = no. My favorite witch-related show was always Sabrina the Teenage Witch, although little ol' Sabrina was in a whole different category than the dirty and tainted Alyssa Milano.

lmao what is wrong with Alyssa Milano? What did she do to you?

Also I agree with this name change. Sabrina was epic. Except for Season 7 without Hilda and Zelda. That was more crap than the animated series could have ever hoped to be.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 1, 2024
The animated series was legendary. How dare you suggest it was anything less?!

Her

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Mar 14, 2024
lmao what is wrong with Alyssa Milano? What did she do to you?

Also I agree with this name change. Sabrina was epic. Except for Season 7 without Hilda and Zelda. That was more crap than the animated series could have ever hoped to be.

She's almost as bad as Winona Ryder. Almost.

As for the animated series, it's cute that you can be so completely wrong, Andy. The animated series was utterly perfect in every way!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back