• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.

Chit-Chat: EVAN PETERS HAVE MY BABIES

Status
Not open for further replies.

Weeaboo Name

Banned
Years
It may have almost been 2 years since episode one was released but the last episode of Kuttsukiboshi is out.

And it was horrible.

But I enjoyed it for its horribleness.

Spoiler:

Pokestick good times.

[i]cheeky[/i]
Years
"Oh god yes why have I not noticed this, this thread was made for me"
> Current discussion is about things I actually know nothing about

Well, damn. With nothing better to come with, and risk of being irrelevant, here's my reaction to the most recent Lazy High School Sherlock Holmes (AKA HYOUKA):
Spoiler:

Weeaboo Name

Banned
Years
It does seem the only real praise for that show is coming from the hardcore KyoAni fanboys, and fanboys will eat anything up. Bit of a shame considering they could have adapted more Haruhi, given us more Keion or even Little Busters. I'm presuming all 3 of those would have sold better than this will.

Of course I haven't seen this new show yet so I can't give any real reaction.

Pokestick good times.

[i]cheeky[/i]
Years
Well it is good, and the production quality is high (but it's KyoAni so that's granted), but the story is probably too boring to some.

I mean, it's not even short slice-of-life arcs, it's just one big, very trivial mystery that no one really cares about.

digi-kun

Hourai NEET
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Mar 12, 2018
Honestly not sure on why Little Busters didn't go to KyoAni, only response was on twitter saying something about them being busy. Hopefully JC Staff does a good job with it, especially considering how Little Busters plays. And now that this happened, who will be getting Rewrite is up in the air.

FMP was a pretty fun ride. Didn't really care much for the serious portions of it though.

Shining Raichu

Expect me like you expect Jesus.
Years
Andrew says: (1:46:46 AM)
……………………….
Andrew says: (1:46:49 AM)
you know
Andrew says: (1:47:04 AM)
I kind of want to see The Avengers again.
Lauren says: (1:47:10 AM)
LOL
Lauren says: (1:47:12 AM)
man me too
Lauren says: (1:47:21 AM)
i shouldnt, but i do
Andrew says: (1:48:01 AM)
lmao
Andrew says: (1:48:15 AM)
……………….. do you want to see it tomorrow afternoon
Lauren says: (1:48:42 AM)
....yes
Somebody please help me. Please. This will be my fourth time.

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
Years
I thought Avengers was okay but I wouldn't see it again in theatres. (Actually, I'd probably only see it again if it was on TV.)

:( I guess I just didn't understand what all the hype was about.

Shining Raichu

Expect me like you expect Jesus.
Years
The hype was that it was amazing! Joss Whedon took those characters and made them three-dimensional and interesting, more than any of the previous directors had managed to. It was as visually awesome and action-packed as a comic book movie should be but the story was amazing and there was actual soul and humanity in the way it was executed. That's my take on it anyway XD

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
Years
I guess all the spazzing was from comic book fans then. XD; I mean, I did enjoy the movie and I don't regret seeing it or anything but I hadn't seen any of the previous movies involving any of the characters and had no clue what was going on for the (very long) set-up part of the movie.

Though once this assignment I'm procrastinating on is out of the way, I do intend to go watch most of the movies since almost all of them were added to Netflix this week. (b' ')b

Years
I think seeing all the movies beforehand really helps to up your enthusiasm. I've always been sort of a comic book fan, but I never cared much for any of the Avengers characters (and didn't even know some of them existed) until recently. It's all to do with the movies (except Hulk) which were fun and didn't take themselves too seriously except where it came to characters. You actually care about the characters and having them come back in one well-written, well directed movie is just a lot of fun.

Mr Cat Dog

Frasier says it best
Years
I thought Avengers was okay but I wouldn't see it again in theatres. (Actually, I'd probably only see it again if it was on TV.)
Yay, someone else who shares my opinion! I mean, it was fine and all - especially HULK SMASH - but I definitely wouldn't pay to see it again.

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Dec 30, 2023
Yay, someone else who shares my opinion! I mean, it was fine and all - especially HULK SMASH - but I definitely wouldn't pay to see it again.
Yeah I felt the same. So I'm in the same boat. It underwhelmed me. I had heard a lot of good things, though I had my doubts. It wasn't an epic like I had believed it to be. Then again, a superhero film like that was always going to lack development. Too many big characters to try and get into the limelight. Downey was fantastic as always though.

Her

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Mar 14, 2024
I for one loved The Avengers!!! I guess I was too busy enjoying the movie to analyze it's flaws and whatnot, but I thought it was a really good movie. I personally didn't like Downey in the film, but that's just down to me not liking Robert Downey Jr at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back