Fifth Generation Are Pokémon slaves to humans? Team Plasma thinks so. Travel the Unova region and prove them wrong in Black & White, and then return two years later in Black 2 & White 2.

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #201    
Old May 25th, 2012 (3:24 AM).
The Void's Avatar
The Void The Void is offline
hiiiii
     
    Join Date: May 2010
    Location: MOTHA RUSSIA
    Gender: Male
    Nature: Calm
    Posts: 1,416
    This makes me wonder... what happened to Professor Juniper? :O
    Why was she replaced by Professor Akuroma in just two years, and at such a young age? o.o
    __________________
    Όφις ην μη φάγη όφιν, δράκων ου γενήσεται.
    Reply With Quote

    Relevant Advertising!

      #202    
    Old May 25th, 2012 (9:09 AM).
    Xander Olivieri's Avatar
    Xander Olivieri Xander Olivieri is offline
       
      Join Date: Jun 2010
      Gender: Other
      Nature: Hasty
      Posts: 5,601
      Quote:
      Originally Posted by dragon456 View Post
      This makes me wonder... what happened to Professor Juniper? :O
      Why was she replaced by Professor Akuroma in just two years, and at such a young age? o.o
      1) She wasn't replaced. She was busy with something and asked Bianca to take the starter Pokemon to the two new trainers as a favor.

      2) Akuroma is NOT A PROFESSOR. He is a Researcher. He replaced Fennel if anything.
      __________________
      Reply With Quote
        #203    
      Old May 25th, 2012 (12:36 PM).
      KingCyndaquil's Avatar
      KingCyndaquil KingCyndaquil is offline
      Pokemon Master
         
        Join Date: Oct 2009
        Location: Chicago
        Gender: Male
        Nature: Relaxed
        Posts: 437
        Quote:
        Originally Posted by XanderO View Post
        1) She wasn't replaced. She was busy with something and asked Bianca to take the starter Pokemon to the two new trainers as a favor.

        2) Akuroma is NOT A PROFESSOR. He is a Researcher. He replaced Fennel if anything.
        i could have sworn that there was another Professor announced at some time.

        but back on topic

        will the trailer be dubbed in English at some point?
        __________________


        3DS FC: 4184-2489-6268
        Reply With Quote
          #204    
        Old May 25th, 2012 (12:43 PM).
        Xander Olivieri's Avatar
        Xander Olivieri Xander Olivieri is offline
           
          Join Date: Jun 2010
          Gender: Other
          Nature: Hasty
          Posts: 5,601
          Quote:
          Originally Posted by KingCyndaquil View Post
          i could have sworn that there was another Professor announced at some time.

          but back on topic

          will the trailer be dubbed in English at some point?
          There was a rumor about a new Professor based off of some type of Oak before the last issue of Coro Coro but that was proved false with Coro Coro.

          As for Dubbing, maybe if there is enough money for them to hire a cast to do the VA and if they think it would be worth the money to do seeing as games overseas don't sell as well as in Japan.
          __________________
          Reply With Quote
            #205    
          Old June 3rd, 2012 (9:09 AM).
          KingCyndaquil's Avatar
          KingCyndaquil KingCyndaquil is offline
          Pokemon Master
             
            Join Date: Oct 2009
            Location: Chicago
            Gender: Male
            Nature: Relaxed
            Posts: 437
            Quote:
            Originally Posted by XanderO View Post
            There was a rumor about a new Professor based off of some type of Oak before the last issue of Coro Coro but that was proved false with Coro Coro.

            As for Dubbing, maybe if there is enough money for them to hire a cast to do the VA and if they think it would be worth the money to do seeing as games overseas don't sell as well as in Japan.
            if they really want to sell the games, dubbing the trailer in english would for sure boost sales, perhaps at the end of a Pokemon episode or something, or on the website, whatever they do it would be a great marketing tool
            __________________


            3DS FC: 4184-2489-6268
            Reply With Quote
              #206    
            Old June 4th, 2012 (9:00 AM).
            Mentalii's Avatar
            Mentalii Mentalii is offline
            Back
               
              Join Date: Jul 2011
              Location: France
              Age: 21
              Gender: Female
              Nature: Gentle
              Posts: 653
              What an awesome trailer !
              Everything is perfect ! Now I can't wait for the games !
              These voices... These graphisms... Even the Team Plasme looks great !
              __________________

              Reply With Quote
                #207    
              Old June 4th, 2012 (9:06 AM).
              Forever's Avatar
              Forever Forever is offline
              SACRED FIRE
              • Moderator
              • Crystal Tier
               
              Join Date: Nov 2005
              Location: Queensland
              Age: 25
              Gender: Female
              Nature: Bold
              Posts: 35,300
              Quote:
              Originally Posted by KingCyndaquil View Post
              if they really want to sell the games, dubbing the trailer in english would for sure boost sales, perhaps at the end of a Pokemon episode or something, or on the website, whatever they do it would be a great marketing tool
              Maybe parts of it will become a tv advertisement for the western audience I can see that happening plus a dubbed version after the anime tbh.
              __________________

              Celebrating Gold and Silver's Upcoming Virtual Console Release!
              moderator of the following games
              [ ]
              Reply With Quote
                #208    
              Old June 4th, 2012 (9:33 AM).
              Zelda's Avatar
              Zelda Zelda is offline
              ⍃⍍⍄ ⍃⍍⍄
              • Crystal Tier
               
              Join Date: Oct 2008
              Location: +
              Age: 3
              Gender: Female
              Nature: Adamant
              Posts: 4,876
              I think they really do need better trailers outside of Japan. From the previous trailers I've seen here in the US, it just doesn't appeal to me, and I'm a big fan of Pokémon (obviously). I think should they release promotional trailers like the ones in Japan, sales internationally may just do a bit better. It may not be a huge difference, but you never know. I know that if I saw a game promotion like this for the first time, I'd be wanting to buy the game.

              This trailer was really cool though! They look like clay though. :(
              __________________

              wisdom cries. paired to Cay & Exile & Sombra
              Reply With Quote
                #209    
              Old June 4th, 2012 (5:53 PM).
              SirWolfiekins's Avatar
              SirWolfiekins SirWolfiekins is offline
              That Guy Who Rocks!
                 
                Join Date: Mar 2012
                Location: Roanoke, VA but if I were in Pokemon I'd be from Lavender Town =3
                Gender: Male
                Nature: Quirky
                Posts: 17
                I have to say this stuff is pretty good, but I'm still not a fan of the new heroes.
                __________________
                If you'd like, feel free to stop by my orphanage and see if there are anything you'd like to trade for, the selection is small, but they are all full of love and looking for a happy home =)
                http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=281779
                Reply With Quote
                  #210    
                Old June 4th, 2012 (6:32 PM).
                Hikamaru's Avatar
                Hikamaru Hikamaru is offline
                Razor Shell
                • Platinum Tier
                 
                Join Date: Mar 2011
                Location: Australia
                Age: 24
                Gender: Female
                Nature: Quirky
                Posts: 47,446
                Quote:
                Originally Posted by Kaori View Post
                I think they really do need better trailers outside of Japan. From the previous trailers I've seen here in the US, it just doesn't appeal to me, and I'm a big fan of Pokémon (obviously). I think should they release promotional trailers like the ones in Japan, sales internationally may just do a bit better. It may not be a huge difference, but you never know. I know that if I saw a game promotion like this for the first time, I'd be wanting to buy the game.

                This trailer was really cool though! They look like clay though.
                Quote:
                Originally Posted by Requility View Post


                Maybe parts of it will become a tv advertisement for the western audience I can see that happening plus a dubbed version after the anime tbh.
                You two are right, we need a dubbed version of that trailer.

                It would help improve the marketing of the games outside of Japan.

                I also think every main series game released after this should get a trailer like B2/W2's.
                __________________
                pair | tumblr | twitter | poketrivia | us/um | ama | supporter
                Reply With Quote
                  #211    
                Old June 4th, 2012 (6:57 PM).
                Kenmoor Kenmoor is offline
                   
                  Join Date: Apr 2012
                  Location: America
                  Gender: Male
                  Nature: Relaxed
                  Posts: 109
                  Quote:
                  Originally Posted by SirWolfiekins View Post
                  I have to say this stuff is pretty good, but I'm still not a fan of the new heroes.
                  What, hate on the protagonist noobs of this generation?! Is it the spiky hair? The extravagantly long side ponytails? The eccentric hats? The puffball hair? The weird monkey *** backpacks/purse thing? Ah, whatever.


                  If this trailer is dubbed, then I wonder how us Westerners will react to this. The only cool Pokemon commercials I've been seeing are the ones for the TCG (the weird cards that I've stopped collecting since... I was little... oh gawd memories!) and those haven't appeared in a while. It will (agreeing w/Hikari10, Kaori, Requility, whoever) bring people's attention to Pokemon but the storm might last for a month or so. Us hardcoreders (?) will last forever. Still, it be nice for the Japs' commercials to be dubbed and sent, uncensored, to here. I know i'd boost someone's pay in the Pokemon U.S. Branch's if the commercials are brought here.
                  Whoever dubs them, hopefully, has to have a good American accent.
                  Reply With Quote
                    #212    
                  Old June 4th, 2012 (7:04 PM).
                  KingCyndaquil's Avatar
                  KingCyndaquil KingCyndaquil is offline
                  Pokemon Master
                     
                    Join Date: Oct 2009
                    Location: Chicago
                    Gender: Male
                    Nature: Relaxed
                    Posts: 437
                    Quote:
                    Originally Posted by Kenmoor View Post
                    What, hate on the protagonist noobs of this generation?! Is it the spiky hair? The extravagantly long side ponytails? The eccentric hats? The puffball hair? The weird monkey *** backpacks/purse thing? Ah, whatever.


                    If this trailer is dubbed, then I wonder how us Westerners will react to this. The only cool Pokemon commercials I've been seeing are the ones for the TCG (the weird cards that I've stopped collecting since... I was little... oh gawd memories!) and those haven't appeared in a while. It will (agreeing w/Hikari10, Kaori, Requility, whoever) bring people's attention to Pokemon but the storm might last for a month or so. Us hardcoreders (?) will last forever. Still, it be nice for the Japs' commercials to be dubbed and sent, uncensored, to here. I know i'd boost someone's pay in the Pokemon U.S. Branch's if the commercials are brought here.
                    Whoever dubs them, hopefully, has to have a good American accent.
                    if it is brought here, i just hope their not lazy and use Ash's voice for the main character (oh god...nightmares)

                    it would be awesome if Funimation got their hands on it, or any other professional dubbing company, you know, people that actually dedicate themselves as a company to dub anime.
                    __________________


                    3DS FC: 4184-2489-6268
                    Reply With Quote
                      #213    
                    Old June 5th, 2012 (3:45 AM).
                    SolarAbusoru's Avatar
                    SolarAbusoru SolarAbusoru is offline
                    Go Go PokéRangers
                       
                      Join Date: Sep 2009
                      Location: Lumios City
                      Age: 24
                      Gender: Male
                      Nature: Adamant
                      Posts: 940
                      If they do dub the trailer, I have compiled a list of who should voice who.


                      Protag = Antony Del Rio
                      Rival = Robin Atkin Downes
                      Akuroma = Roger Craig Smith
                      N = Alessandro Juliani
                      Bianca = Bella Hudson
                      Cheren = Brad Swaile
                      Elesa = Kate Higgins
                      Plasma Woman = Megan Hollingshead
                      Shadow Triad member 1 = Dave Wittenberg

                      Cause N should be voiced by L
                      __________________

                      Lover of all things Pokémon and Nintendo, and Atlus
                      Signature Pokémon: Luxray
                      Reply With Quote
                        #214    
                      Old June 5th, 2012 (4:10 AM).
                      Mr Cat Dog's Avatar
                      Mr Cat Dog Mr Cat Dog is offline
                      Frasier says it best
                         
                        Join Date: Apr 2004
                        Location: London, UK
                        Age: 27
                        Gender: Male
                        Nature: Relaxed
                        Posts: 11,411
                        Is this sort of marketing strategy common in Japan, or was this a rarity even for the Japanese market? 'Cause a 5-minute trailer like this wouldn't play on US TV or in cinemas; it's pretty much an internet-only thing.
                        __________________
                        Reply With Quote
                          #215    
                        Old June 5th, 2012 (5:36 AM).
                        Forever's Avatar
                        Forever Forever is offline
                        SACRED FIRE
                        • Moderator
                        • Crystal Tier
                         
                        Join Date: Nov 2005
                        Location: Queensland
                        Age: 25
                        Gender: Female
                        Nature: Bold
                        Posts: 35,300
                        Quote:
                        Originally Posted by KingCyndaquil View Post
                        if it is brought here, i just hope their not lazy and use Ash's voice for the main character (oh god...nightmares)
                        I...really really doubt that. Ash is an anime-exclusive basically, whereas this correlates directly to the games. I mean if they did that, they might as well have called Red/Blue 'Ash' and 'Gary'. But yeah, the anime doesn't really relate that much to the games and using an anime voice to represent it would seem a little unusual.
                        __________________

                        Celebrating Gold and Silver's Upcoming Virtual Console Release!
                        moderator of the following games
                        [ ]
                        Reply With Quote
                          #216    
                        Old June 5th, 2012 (10:56 AM).
                        SolarAbusoru's Avatar
                        SolarAbusoru SolarAbusoru is offline
                        Go Go PokéRangers
                           
                          Join Date: Sep 2009
                          Location: Lumios City
                          Age: 24
                          Gender: Male
                          Nature: Adamant
                          Posts: 940
                          Quote:
                          Originally Posted by Mr Cat Dog View Post
                          Is this sort of marketing strategy common in Japan, or was this a rarity even for the Japanese market? 'Cause a 5-minute trailer like this wouldn't play on US TV or in cinemas; it's pretty much an internet-only thing.
                          have you even seen most Japanese game adverts o.o?
                          This sorta stuff is very common.
                          __________________

                          Lover of all things Pokémon and Nintendo, and Atlus
                          Signature Pokémon: Luxray
                          Reply With Quote
                            #217    
                          Old June 5th, 2012 (11:22 AM).
                          BluDodge's Avatar
                          BluDodge BluDodge is offline
                             
                            Join Date: Jun 2012
                            Gender: Male
                            Posts: 10
                            I really didn't like the male protaganist one bit until I saw this trailer, I mean now, he was able to look 100 times cooler than Ash during 30 seconds of seeing him.

                            The rival looks awesome and apparently can be named! Finally! I was disappointed when we couldn't name either of our rivals in B/W.

                            Final note, the way that the ice covered city was completely deserted and how Emboar reacted to Elesa (angrily) makes me think this has a darker tone from the rest of the games.
                            Reply With Quote
                              #218    
                            Old June 6th, 2012 (2:18 PM).
                            KingCyndaquil's Avatar
                            KingCyndaquil KingCyndaquil is offline
                            Pokemon Master
                               
                              Join Date: Oct 2009
                              Location: Chicago
                              Gender: Male
                              Nature: Relaxed
                              Posts: 437
                              Quote:
                              Originally Posted by Requility View Post


                              I...really really doubt that. Ash is an anime-exclusive basically, whereas this correlates directly to the games. I mean if they did that, they might as well have called Red/Blue 'Ash' and 'Gary'. But yeah, the anime doesn't really relate that much to the games and using an anime voice to represent it would seem a little unusual.
                              it wouldn't be unusual to tell whoever voices Ash in the anime to do a quick voice over to save money, trust me, the anime and the game have nothing to do with making more money
                              __________________


                              3DS FC: 4184-2489-6268
                              Reply With Quote
                                #219    
                              Old June 6th, 2012 (2:50 PM).
                              droomph's Avatar
                              droomph droomph is offline
                              weeb
                              • Crystal Tier
                               
                              Join Date: Sep 2011
                              Location: nowhere spectacular
                              Age: 20
                              Gender: Male
                              Nature: Impish
                              Posts: 4,291
                              Well you have to remember a private media company (like 4Kids and such) hosts the studio which does voices for the anime - it'd be a lot less hassle and paperwork for the Game Freak animation place to just hire new people (as they probably have a union and they're contractually bound), so if they hired the actual Ash voice actor then it wouldn't be lazy, but more rather reallly realllllly dumb. Besides, making a "quick dub" isn't as easy as you think - they have special equipment that they have to use to get an acceptable quality, so doing a quick little thing in a webcam microphone is out of the question.

                              @Kenmoor Knowing how stupid things usually get with dubs and stuff, they probably won't ever dub the animation. Besides, it's happened in the past where some special episodes (like some of the Pikachu shorts) haven't been dubbed so I'm not going to be surprised if they don't do a dub for this commercial.
                              __________________
                              did u no there r 21 letters in the alphabet
                              o i forgot 5
                              uraqt


                              Reply With Quote
                                #220    
                              Old June 12th, 2012 (3:00 PM).
                              Kenmoor Kenmoor is offline
                                 
                                Join Date: Apr 2012
                                Location: America
                                Gender: Male
                                Nature: Relaxed
                                Posts: 109
                                *Sigh* Oh well then. We can only hope and get that hope crushed.
                                *Goes right back to hoping.*
                                Anyways, couldn't they sell off the anime/commercial to an actual company that makes dubs? Like FUNimation or Viz Media. Then the fans could take the anime/whatever fits with it seriously.
                                Reply With Quote
                                  #221    
                                Old June 12th, 2012 (10:42 PM).
                                OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire's Avatar
                                OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire is offline
                                10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
                                   
                                  Join Date: Apr 2010
                                  Location: Oregon
                                  Age: 23
                                  Gender: Male
                                  Nature: Careful
                                  Posts: 17,344
                                  Perhaps they'll simply show it here without sound with text only...that'll be kind of boring though
                                  __________________
                                  # TeamRowlet
                                  I'm currently working on some novels. If you're interested you can read them here:
                                  https://www.wattpad.com/user/ImperialSun
                                  https://www.patreon.com/ImperialSun
                                  Reply With Quote
                                    #222    
                                  Old June 13th, 2012 (5:37 AM).
                                  Kenmoor Kenmoor is offline
                                     
                                    Join Date: Apr 2012
                                    Location: America
                                    Gender: Male
                                    Nature: Relaxed
                                    Posts: 109
                                    Ridiculously boring. Then what would be the point? Shoot, I'd rather have them show the commercial w/the Japanese voices. Better than the mute option.
                                    Reply With Quote
                                      #223    
                                    Old June 13th, 2012 (3:53 PM).
                                    OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire's Avatar
                                    OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire is offline
                                    10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
                                       
                                      Join Date: Apr 2010
                                      Location: Oregon
                                      Age: 23
                                      Gender: Male
                                      Nature: Careful
                                      Posts: 17,344
                                      Me too but knowing them they proably won't
                                      Perhaps they make a special only english trailer for us to make up for it...
                                      __________________
                                      # TeamRowlet
                                      I'm currently working on some novels. If you're interested you can read them here:
                                      https://www.wattpad.com/user/ImperialSun
                                      https://www.patreon.com/ImperialSun
                                      Reply With Quote
                                        #224    
                                      Old July 13th, 2012 (9:37 AM).
                                      Mew~'s Avatar
                                      Mew~ Mew~ is offline
                                      THE HOST IS BROKEN
                                      • Gold Tier
                                       
                                      Join Date: Mar 2009
                                      Posts: 4,165
                                      New Footage! :3 (I'm a day within not breaking the rules :D)
                                      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BIZYYrjvXTc&feature=player_embedded

                                      Reply With Quote
                                        #225    
                                      Old July 13th, 2012 (9:43 AM).
                                      Bluerang1's Avatar
                                      Bluerang1 Bluerang1 is offline
                                      pin pin
                                         
                                        Join Date: May 2009
                                        Location: Hiougi City
                                        Gender: Male
                                        Nature: Relaxed
                                        Posts: 2,548
                                        Mei <333 That was great. Hopefully they release more scenes!
                                        __________________
                                        3DS Friend Code: 1204-0601-9485
                                        Pokémon X
                                        Post on my wall if you add me so I can add you!
                                        Reply With Quote
                                        Reply
                                        Quick Reply

                                        Sponsored Links
                                        Thread Tools

                                        Posting Rules
                                        You may not post new threads
                                        You may not post replies
                                        You may not post attachments
                                        You may not edit your posts

                                        BB code is On
                                        Smilies are On
                                        [IMG] code is On
                                        HTML code is Off

                                        Forum Jump


                                        All times are GMT -8. The time now is 7:56 AM.