• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.

5th Gen Which version would you choose?

Which one?

• Total voters
Years
I got black first but I'm thinking about getting White 2 has a better graphic on the front. That's how I usually do my choices, which ever game has the better character on the box.

Eeohnex

Illuminate
Years
I will wait until some information about the version exclusives is released, but so far, Pokémon Black 2 box art is by far more elegant.

SilentShadow

Agent of Mystery
Years
im most likely getting both like black and white... however im most likely going to barely start black 2 and focus on white 2 since reshiram is my favorite (i feel like im the 1%)

Winneon

[b][color=#fb0120]しょう[/color][color=#fc6d24]が[/col
Years
Just as I went with the original, I'm going with Black 2, because any form of Reshiram is just plain awesome. XD

Aquarius1997

The Horoscopical Master
Years
Im actually getting both, but not all by myself. I tricked convinced my little brother to buy Black and i got white. I'm going to convince him again to get white 2 while i get black 2.

I cant really get one version of a pokemon game,because once i finish one version i really am curious about what happens in the other version

Years
I already have White, so I'll go with White 2, since it's the sequel. I don't care so much about version differences, to be honest, although I liked White Forest :3

Kyrul

Long Live The Note
Years
I already have White, so I'll go with White 2, since it's the sequel. I don't care so much about version differences, to be honest, although I liked White Forest :3

I completely agree with the above statement.

Cid

Years
It depends. But right now, Black 2. I once thought that White Forest was a good point to get White over Black, but then I thought maybe this time it would be refreshing to see the other side, the other universe, instead for a change. If certain Pokémon become version exclusives and I like one more than the other, then I'll get whichever it is. But then I can't really decide if I want to get the sequel to my main game or simply another form of Zekrom for old times' sake (since I reckon they'll require you to catch the Kyurem form again). Black Kyurem's technically a version exclusive in itself, and again version exclusives is one of the main reasons I base on choosing a version over the other.

Maybe I ought to get both if I save up enough.
Or if my brother gets one then I'll just secretly play that after I get the other.

hiiro-kun

DEAD ACCOUNT
Years
  • Seen Jul 2, 2012
Probably White since I bought Black first last time.
Eventually, I will get Black though.
I'm not rich or anything, I just always like getting both versions.
I'm going to tell a family member I don't have this game yet, so I won't have to buy it, i'll just get it for my birthday mwahaha

Years
I have a habit of buying both. I don't have a preference of which one I'll be playing first right now. I guess it'll be whichever one I pull out of the bag first when I buy them lol.

LapLace1500

I just ride....
Years
I'm planning on getting both Black 2 and White 2. I always buy both versions of the game 'cause I use one as my main game and the other just to store my event and legendaries considering I hardly use those :P

PaxAmericana

Resident Peacekeeper
Years
I see there's lots of different ideas: some want one version over the other, while others want both games.

Anyways, I will get both games like I had done with BW.

SouKoLian9102

That 1 Kid Who Plays Pokemon
Years
I'm buying both. I'll use White 2 for the storyline and stuff, and my Black 2 for my Wi-Fi battles and the lolz.

miltankRancher

Mega Ampharos is the one.
Years
Getting both actually, as i really want to do another shot at completing the Pokedex again. I think I will be getting Black 2 first though, as I like Reshiram better than Zekrom.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jan 2, 2016
If I had the money I would buy both, but since I can only get one I'm getting White 2 because I am currently playing White.

Jesspke

Passerby~
Years
  • Age 22
  • Seen Aug 11, 2016
Hmm...I liked white better, so probably white 2.

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Aug 4, 2012
At the last time I bought Pokémon Black so I should chose Pokémon Black 2... But at this time I will chose Pokémon White 2 because I like White Kyurem more than Black Kyurem and also because in White 2 there will be Zoroark!

Back