• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.

Avatar: The Last Airbender Fan Club

~Harmony

Female Brass Musician
Years
  • Seen Jun 24, 2012
I love Avatar (as you can probably tell).

~Harmony
Element: Air

As for the most dangerous element, I would say the peak of any element is equally deadly. And that makes me wonder: why is there a peak for waterbending and firebending, the side of metalbending for earthbenders, but nothing really extreme for airbending (besides the gliding and air scooter and all that). I wonder if the absence is supposed to show that peaceful side of airbending that Aang greatly shows throughout the series instead of as a "deadly" element.

Years
^^ Yes! I've always wondered this as well.

My thinking is that since airbenders aren't really represented a whole ton in either series that it just hasn't really been introduced since each team avatar hasn't met a ton of airbenders.

Remember though, in the original series, metal-bending/blood-bending were invented/known only to very few while manipulating lightning was only taught to the royals of the fire nation.

Plus, the thing mentioned above about how airbenders are pacifists. I'd never thought of that before!

RANDOM FACT OF THIS POST: Dee Bradley Baker, the voice of the animals of the avatar world also voices the nefarious Tarrlock!

Last edited:

~Harmony

Female Brass Musician
Years
  • Seen Jun 24, 2012
Korra might find a deadly side of airbending. It might be the only way she ever learns it..... by turning it aggresive like her and the rest of her bending haha.

TwilightBlade

All dreams are but another reality.
Years
Welcome, new members! Thank you kindly for joining. Be sure to tell all your Avatar-loving friends to swing by here! :D

"One of you is missing, someone very important...WHERE'S MOMO?!?!?!?!" <-paraphrased

Speaking of animals, what was your favorite animal cross from the series?
Mine would be Foofoocuddlypoops, a.k.a. a sabertooth-moose-lion, though all the crosses were cool. (like ostrich-horses!)
<3 Foo Foo Cuddlypoops's easily my favorite hybrid of the series! He's just too adorable and unforgettable. Also, Sokka named him probably the most random pet name, too. :3

A:TLA Favorite Ep: Oh man there's so many amazing episodes. I did quite like the Northern Water Tribe end in Book 1. YuexSokka was so cute. Yue had an interesting (but sad!) backstory. I love the Yin Yang fishies... They're so melodic to watch. I like it when Aang combines forces with the ocean spirit. >:D
LOK Favorite Ep: I love 'And the Winner Is...' First, the announcer keeps talking even as the Equalists are ambushing the arena. Second, Pabu is such a cutie when he saves the gang! More importantly, I develop a newfound love for Lin. She's so epic in the last 5-10 minutes. I really love how she works together with Korra. LIN<3

Which Element do you think is the most lethal and dangerous during combat? I'd personally say Blood Bending, for obvious reasons. How about for Survival?
Firebending, for me. You can still attack even if you're out of water or earth... You can also breathe it so in a desperate struggle, you don't need to 'bend' or motion it. Firebending does seem to be affected by mood, though?
For survival purposes, I see Waterbending as very helpful. You can heal yourself, I suppose reduce your chances of drowning, and travel on water. Water is everywhere. :D

As for the most dangerous element, I would say the peak of any element is equally deadly. And that makes me wonder: why is there a peak for waterbending and firebending, the side of metalbending for earthbenders, but nothing really extreme for airbending (besides the gliding and air scooter and all that). I wonder if the absence is supposed to show that peaceful side of airbending that Aang greatly shows throughout the series instead of as a "deadly" element.
I wonder about this a lot too... Is it possible to bend the air in a person's lungs? Crush the air around a person? Airbending can be deadly but I do like the creative (non-violent!) ways airbenders show off their powers - gliding and air spheres! You know how fast Tenzin got to the pro-bending arena when he found out Korra sneaked out to it? :o hehe

Korra might find a deadly side of airbending. It might be the only way she ever learns it..... by turning it aggresive like her and the rest of her bending haha.
I know right! This may be the only way she airbends. :( Tomorrow's episode shall shed some light on this! link

And another preview: link

I CANNOT WAIT

gunnerpow7

☆ キレイハナ Kireihana ☆
Years
Joining!

Username: gunnerpow7
Element: Grass! Water! =3

What is your favorite episode from ATLA and LOK so far?

Um... I would say the whole Sozin's Comet arc and The Avatar and the Fire Lord.

What is your favorite animal crossbreed from the series?

Turtle Ducks! They are so cute tbh... =3

Which Element do you think is the most lethal and dangerous during
combat? How about for survival?

I would say Fire for all. It is destructive in nature. It lingers, scars, and other things that I haven't mentioned.

Years
I know right! This may be the only way she airbends. :( Tomorrow's episode shall shed some light on this! link

And another preview: link

I CANNOT WAIT

The last line sums up my feelings EXACTLY. And the second preview struck more of a chord with me than the first one. TARRRRRRRRLLLLLLLOOOOOOOCCCCCCCCKKKKKKKKKKKK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm starting to not like him, not like him
at all.

Also, I realized I do have another favorite episode from A:TLA Appa's Lost Days. *tearbends*

Which leads me to another question, what do you think was the saddest moment in either series?

RANDOM FACT OF THIS POST: The first season of korra is set to end on June 23, the day BW2 is released!

Last edited:

TwilightBlade

Years
JUNE 23RD YEAHH

What do you think was the saddest moment in either series?
Hmm I can't remember a particular sad scene, but I did feel for Aang when he discovered Monk Gyatso's fate. It truly sucks for someone's Aang's age to have to go through such turmoil. As for Korra, I find episodes more epic than sad, so far.

Episode 9! Oh lordy!
Spoiler:

Last edited:
Years
Ahhhh! This episode! I'll just put my thoughts since TwilightBlade summed it up

Spoiler:

TwilightBlade

Years
You call that a summary? I was mostly squealing..

Spoiler:

Last edited:

Falling Wishes

"We're in space. SPAAAAAACE."
Years
Username: Falling Wishes
Element: Earth <3
I would watch The Last Airbender before Korra all the time, I thought the show was superb! But when Korra came out, it was MIND BLOWING! And now they have steel bending and O_O Blood bending! Here's a picture of my favorite character!

button_bolin_large.jpg

Last edited:

Jacinth

~Darling~
Years
I'm really sad that it's ending so soon. :( I WANT MORE KORRA
Ohmygoodness.... The end of the episode.... I was just squeeing... Mako wuz totally... Ah, I don't even know how to describe it!
SO MANY FEELS ALL AT ONCE. I don't know what to do.

tumblr_m2hgv1gqXK1qlh9ks.gif

Gonzo

RNG Sommelier
Years
Wow... today's episode. So awesome... I'm still impressed and I want more!

Spoiler:

Years
Spoiler:

RANDOM FACT OF THE POST: Toph'es bending style was based on Chu Gar Southern Praying Mantis Kung Fu, while all other earthbenders earbending was based on Hu Gar Kung Fu

Last edited:

Altairis

take me ☆ take you
Years
asfdsdgds avatar club <3

I'd love to join;
Username: Lapras*
Element: Air

I am literally so excited for next week's episode. needmorekorra.

CarefulWetPaint

Doctor Lobotomy
Years
This week episode was great!
Spoiler:

Olli

I am still bathing in a summer's afterglow
Years
I'm really sad that it's ending so soon. :( I WANT MORE KORRA
Ohmygoodness.... The end of the episode.... I was just squeeing... Mako wuz totally... Ah, I don't even know how to describe it!
SO MANY FEELS ALL AT ONCE. I don't know what to do.

tumblr_m2hgv1gqXK1qlh9ks.gif
Isn't it just the first season that's ending. I don't hope it's the entire series, because then it'd be waaay too short.

Anyways, episode talk.

Spoiler:

Last edited:

Gonzo

RNG Sommelier
Years
@Olli97
Spoiler:

Last edited:

Olli

I am still bathing in a summer's afterglow
Years
@Gonz0
Spoiler:

CarefulWetPaint

Doctor Lobotomy
Years
Umm.. Theres still 3 episodes left in this season guys.. Don't start worrying yet! Its already got a second season confirmed as well so ya!
Spoiler:

Years
Spoiler:

Back