• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.
  • Want to share your adventures playing Pokémon?
    Check out our new Travel Journals forum for sharing playthroughs of ROM Hacks, Fan Games, and other Pokémon content!
  • IMPORTANT: Following a takedown request, the following hacks have been delisted from PokéCommunity:

• Pokémon Glazed
    • Pokémon: Giratina Strikes Back
    • Pokémon Flora Sky
    • Pokémon Stranded
    The downloads and discussion threads for these hacks will no longer be accessible, and staff will be unable to return questions regarding accessing this content.

FireRed hack: Pokémon™ Soala Adventures

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rokou

» inactive
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 21, 2014
zL6Q
Screenshots are currently down due the fact that my host went offline. I will fix this as soon as I am back home.

"a Liquid Ocean remake" by Rokou

Introduction

» a few words from the author

Hello there! My name is Rokou and I am the creator of this hack; I'll try my best to introduce Pokémon™ Soala Adventures to you. I know my English is bad, but whatever, let's get started!

My goal with Pokémon™ Soala Adventures is a remake of Pokémon™ Liquid Ocean by Christos. Actually it will be more like a continuation since Christos never finished his project. The reason behind this project is quite simple: Liquid Ocean was one of the first hacks I ever played. Therefore, it has quickly become one of my favorites. I don't try to copy him or something, I just don't want to let this awesome project die. This is my motivation for this project. I also present this project in a early stage in order to share as much future updates as possible.

By the way, everything I do is from scratch and not based on the actual release of Liquid Ocean.

Basic information

» technical details and more

Name: Pokémon™ Soala Adventures
Based on: Pokémon™ Fire Red [BPRE, v1.0]
Started: 01.06.2012, 1st June, 2012
Author: Rokou
Language: English

Storyline

» what is going to happen in Soala

It's a special for Colin today, his father, Ethan, is showing him and his best friend, Nate, the invention he's been working on for the past months, and Mael, a friend of your father's, is going to give both of you your first Pokémon. Colin's father though, has left leaving a message saying he was going to help people with his new invention. This doesn't worry Colin, since his father has done that before, but when Kyle, Nate's brother, leaves too, without saying anything, Colin and Nate decide to try and find their relatives, while training to obtain the eight Soala League badges. In this quest, Colin comes across two groups which are "trying to make the world a better place". Is Colin's father and Kyle in one of these groups? What are the two groups' goals? Play and find out!

This is the official story from Pokémon™ Liquid Ocean; In order to keep the original idea from Christos, I'll leave most of this as it is. There will be also some additional characters and general improvements in future updates.

Features

» what makes this game enjoyable

New region: The region of Soala, with many different environments and home to all kinds of Pokémon
New story: A decision based storyline featuring both new and already known characters from existing games
Sidequests: Help people in Soala by getting them items they need, delivering messages and much more
New music: A great selection from both new and old tracks will double the fun
New items and field moves: Collect new items you've never seen before in order to succeed
Minigames: Tired training your Pokémon? Play some challenging minigames and receive rewards!

Screenshots

» first impressions

Ap7j
Ap7k

Ap7l
Ap7m

Ap7o
Ap7p

Ap7i
Ap7g

Updates

» more screenshots and other stuff

List of Updates:

Progress

» plans for future releases

Alpha 1.0
General adjustments including some asm hacks []
Tilesets and Maps [work in progress]
Some graphics including titlescreen and other stuff []
Scrips for Alpha 1.0 [all planned, work in progress]
New music for Alpha 1.0 [all planned, work in progress]

Team

» people who help me

My plan is to do as much as possible alone. Unfortunately, I am very uncreative when it comes to sprites. This includes both, overworlds and trainer sprites. Feel free to send me a private message if you think you are the one who can help me with this. Do notice: quality over quantity!

Credits

» for resources, inspiration or general help

Special thanks: Christos - For basically everything; ideas, inspiration and his wonderful Liquid Ocean
Other people: Fangking Omega, Kyledove, Zein, Saphira, Laidjon, Mateo, Baro, Avatar, E▲SY, Kage X, Amachi, TreeckoLv.100, Tare9, $_$, Coronis, SpriHackNet, PokéSho, Nakugetsu, Darthatron, HackMew, Wichu, Hiroshi Sotomura, interdpth, Mastermind_X

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Dec 21, 2019
After seeing the title screen in your signature, I was anxious to see the thread for this because I thought the title screen looked beautiful. Although I have never played Liquid Ocean, this hack looks really promising and although you've kept the default tiles (which is not necessarily a bad thing), you have made the game look very appealing and the screens look beautiful so far. I hope you continue to work on this hack to the high standard that you seem to be working at so far. :)

SK3

Pokemon Hacking Company™ CEO
Years
This hack looks amazing so far, sweet title screen! And the maps look good from what I see in the screenshots. Looking forward to updates!

Rokou

» inactive
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 21, 2014
Great to see a great hack go into seemingly capable hands. Good luck!
I am not Christos himself but I believe my knowledge is good enough to make this a quiet enjoyable hack.

Looks simple, and I wouldn't want it any other way! It's looking great so far, so keep up the fantastic work!
This is what original Liquid Ocean looks like, I just used another style to to fit my personal preferences.

This hack looks amazing so far, sweet title screen! And the maps look good from what I see in the screenshots. Looking forward to updates!
The current maps are pretty outdated compared to my own style, just wait till I get to the point where Liquid Ocean runs out of maps. ^^

Thanks for the feedback everyone, I really appreciate it. Here is a small update of recent progress.
Spoiler:

I plan to update this once every two days or something, thats all for now.

SK3

Pokemon Hacking Company™ CEO
Years
An egg shop huh? That's an interesting idea! Look forward to seeing some details about that :)

miksy91

Dark Energy is back in action! ;)
Years
Nice to see another good (don't want to be sarcastic here) FireRed hack out there! I'll probably test this out when you've got a release up. By the way, are you using Christos' hack as the base rom, copy --> paste'ing maps to your own "clean" rom or possibly creating everything from scratch by your own ways?

Rokou

» inactive
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 21, 2014
An egg shop huh? That's an interesting idea! Look forward to seeing some details about that :)
It's basically a shop where you can buy different egg's for different prices. Currently aviable egg's are "Common Egg", "Uncommon Egg" and "Rare Egg", each has a certain chance for different Pokémon. They are pretty expensive though so you can not buy 5 of them in the beginning.

Nice to see another good (don't want to be sarcastic here) FireRed hack out there! I'll probably test this out when you've got a release up. By the way, are you using Christos' hack as the base rom, copy --> paste'ing maps to your own "clean" rom or possibly creating everything from scratch by your own ways?
I use a clean ROM and create everything from scratch. I took some tiles and sprites but well, I credit him anyway so I guess that's ok.

Edit:

Awesome idea with the egg shop, will u be adding 4th/5th gen pokemon?
Thanks! Some 4th gen Pokémon are planned, not sure about 5th gen. To be honest I never played any game which got released after Emerald therefore I have no idea what to insert when it comes to newer content. But I have something else in my mind, probably something like altered forms of original Pokémon. Remember the crystal Onix from the anime? Something like this will appear in Soala Adventures but well, more about this in future updates. :)

Last edited:

kebbles

Rom Hacker.
Years
Great idea with the egg shop, especially making it random eggs.
Will you be adding 4th/5th gen pokemon, or just sticking with the original ones?
The maps are perfect, natural looking, and great use of the original tiles :)
Good luck!​

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Dec 10, 2021
This looks pretty nice, glad to see a continuation of Liquid Ocean, which used to be one of my favorite hacks. :) I like the Egg Shop too, It's good to see that feature has made it through from the original Liquid Ocean, it was quite fun. Will everything up to where Christos was be exactly the same?

Last edited:

Rokou

» inactive
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 21, 2014
This looks pretty nice, glad to see a continuation of Liquid Ocean, which used to be one of my favorite hacks. :) I like the Egg Shop too, It's good to see that feature has made it through from the original Liquid Ocean, it was quite fun. Will everything up to where Christos was be exactly the same?
Most of the old content will be the same, yes. Well, it will have it's differences (mostly improvements) since I don't want a 1:1 copy of his alpha but someone who played the original Liquid Ocean will recognize the maps and the story. I pretty much finished all the maps Christos made so future updates may contain some of my own maps and scripts.

destinedjagold

You can contact me in PC's discord server...
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Dec 23, 2023
I'll be keeping a close eye on this project.
Liquid Ocean was a really nice hack, and was one of my bro's favorite. ^^

mavy42

I'm back, broz :)
Years
good luck on that....
i'm gonna play liquid ocean later....

i know this is off topic but how long is alpha 1.2 of liquid ocean? it's not in his thread...
or homy many badges can i get?

tajaros

Hi I'm dawg
Years
Wooh! this is a great hack love the new tiles especially the titlescreen.....:D

Good luck on finishing this... :D

Rokou

» inactive
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 21, 2014
I have played Liquid Ocean as well^^ good luck on this!Oh btw is this your 1st priority or you have school/work etc?:P
I work on this in my free time. My real life is still 1st priority. :)

My image hoster encountered some serious problems, therefore some screenshots may not load properly. I can not fix this within the next two days because I am not at home, sorry for that.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back