Fan Clubs & Groups Fan Clubs & Groups are places to go to find like-minded members and talk about similar interests. Join or create a club here if it doesn't fit in any of the other sections.
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

 
 
Thread Tools
  #2476    
Old May 27th, 2012 (7:15 PM).
U.Flame's Avatar
U.Flame U.Flame is offline
Suuuper Busy
     
    Join Date: Jun 2008
    Location: Sapphire City in future Hoenn
    Age: 21
    Gender: Male
    Nature: Jolly
    Posts: 1,254
    Intersting article I found on Equestria Daily:

    http://m.wired.com/geekmom/2012/05/in-defense-of-bronies/
    __________________
    Hacks I'm working on:
    Pokemon Sapphire Hoenn's Rebirth - My own hack, making progress whenever possible.
    3rd Gen Multiplayer Project - Research and development, occasionally testing, sometimes with support.
    Pokemon Cursed/Creepy White - Group project, on hiatus for now with plans to return eventually.
    Animal Crossing Wild World playing as an animal - experimental, messing with models and textures

    Hacks I've worked on in the past:
    Pokemon Ruby Destiny Broken Timeline (pre-reboot) - Assisted with maps
    Pokemon HeartGold Prince Boo Edition - Experimental project with three small changes. Made at the request of YouTube LPer PrinceBoo21.

    Been super busy with work, life, and laptop problems. Hopefully I can get back into it soon, I fear I'm already rusty. Meanwhile I'm considering writing some of my hacks as a series of fanfics.

    Times I've been ninja'd: 18
    Times I've ninja'd people: 3

    Relevant Advertising!

      #2477    
    Old May 27th, 2012 (9:03 PM).
    destinedjagold's Avatar
    destinedjagold destinedjagold is online now
    Oh Hai Thar~
    • Silver Tier
     
    Join Date: May 2007
    Location: Philippines
    Age: 26
    Gender: Male
    Nature: Careful
    Posts: 8,507
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by U_Flame View Post
    Intersting article I found on Equestria Daily:

    http://m.wired.com/geekmom/2012/05/in-defense-of-bronies/
    That was a good read.
    Thanks for sharing.

    Anyway, the only things I agree to the article are...
    ...the show is my way to escape the world so I could relax a bit.
    ...the story and humor in the show is great.
    ...the ponies are cute. :3
    ...and it's a pretty damn good show, and that is why I watch it.
    __________________


    FC: 0061-1111-6462
    TSV: 1364(X), 0790(OR)

      #2478    
    Old May 30th, 2012 (6:24 PM).
    U.Flame's Avatar
    U.Flame U.Flame is offline
    Suuuper Busy
       
      Join Date: Jun 2008
      Location: Sapphire City in future Hoenn
      Age: 21
      Gender: Male
      Nature: Jolly
      Posts: 1,254
      http://www.autostraddle.com/my-little-pony-lesbianism-is-magic-138465/

      This disappoints me. Love and toleration is supposed to apply to everyone, not just lesbians.
      __________________
      Hacks I'm working on:
      Pokemon Sapphire Hoenn's Rebirth - My own hack, making progress whenever possible.
      3rd Gen Multiplayer Project - Research and development, occasionally testing, sometimes with support.
      Pokemon Cursed/Creepy White - Group project, on hiatus for now with plans to return eventually.
      Animal Crossing Wild World playing as an animal - experimental, messing with models and textures

      Hacks I've worked on in the past:
      Pokemon Ruby Destiny Broken Timeline (pre-reboot) - Assisted with maps
      Pokemon HeartGold Prince Boo Edition - Experimental project with three small changes. Made at the request of YouTube LPer PrinceBoo21.

      Been super busy with work, life, and laptop problems. Hopefully I can get back into it soon, I fear I'm already rusty. Meanwhile I'm considering writing some of my hacks as a series of fanfics.

      Times I've been ninja'd: 18
      Times I've ninja'd people: 3
        #2479    
      Old May 31st, 2012 (7:30 AM).
      TwilightSkye's Avatar
      TwilightSkye TwilightSkye is offline
         
        Join Date: May 2012
        Location: Nimbasa City
        Gender: Male
        Nature: Lonely
        Posts: 35
        - Favorite Episode:Not sure. To many to pick.
        - Favorite Main Pony:TwilightSparkle but Fluttershy is the runner up
        - Favorite Side Pony:The Herpy Derp one.
        - About Me:Well I was called down to the living room by my 85 yr old grandma and told to sit and watch tv. Had no idea what was going on but then the show began and we watched a full episode of it. Been a fan for only a short time but love it. Still no idea how my grandma heard about it. Then again were talking about the granny that does karate in her 80s so yeah...I tend to not think about things like that lol

        I also have a few eps on my DVR I plan to watch this weekend.
        __________________
          #2480    
        Old May 31st, 2012 (4:09 PM).
        Sweet Candace Sweet Candace is offline
        So Awesome! /)^ɛ^(\
        • Crystal Tier
         
        Join Date: Apr 2007
        Location: Somewhere; maybe over a rainbow.
        Age: 25
        Gender: Male
        Nature: Adamant
        Posts: 5,283
        Quote:
        Originally Posted by TwilightSkye View Post
        - Favorite Episode:Not sure. To many to pick.
        - Favorite Main Pony:TwilightSparkle but Fluttershy is the runner up
        - Favorite Side Pony:The Herpy Derp one.
        - About Me:Well I was called down to the living room by my 85 yr old grandma and told to sit and watch tv. Had no idea what was going on but then the show began and we watched a full episode of it. Been a fan for only a short time but love it. Still no idea how my grandma heard about it. Then again were talking about the granny that does karate in her 80s so yeah...I tend to not think about things like that lol

        I also have a few eps on my DVR I plan to watch this weekend.
        All right, you'll be added to the member list, welcome to the club.
          #2481    
        Old May 31st, 2012 (4:15 PM).
        TwilightSkye's Avatar
        TwilightSkye TwilightSkye is offline
           
          Join Date: May 2012
          Location: Nimbasa City
          Gender: Male
          Nature: Lonely
          Posts: 35
          Sweet thank you Nice to meet everyone.
          __________________
            #2482    
          Old May 31st, 2012 (4:19 PM).
          SchwarzRozen's Avatar
          SchwarzRozen SchwarzRozen is offline
          Sugary Delight
             
            Join Date: May 2012
            Location: Richmond, VA
            Nature: Naughty
            Posts: 134
            Favorite Character - Discord
            Favorite Pony - Rainbow Dash
            Favorite Side Character - Does Luna count?
            Favorite Episode - All of the insane ones. Lesson Zero and Party of One are ones to name

            I like MLP at a ratio that is equivalent to the love of other shows out there like Adventure Time and Regular Show. I do not follow this show religiously, but I do watch the new episodes when they come out. I'm more of a fan of the humor that a lot of the fans have made so far, my favorite being the .mov series. I'd actually be more in favor of a show like the .mov series of the MLP:FiM franchise, but I still like the show either way.
            __________________
            ~|FC - 2409-6359-0843|~
              #2483    
            Old May 31st, 2012 (4:51 PM).
            Sweet Candace Sweet Candace is offline
            So Awesome! /)^ɛ^(\
            • Crystal Tier
             
            Join Date: Apr 2007
            Location: Somewhere; maybe over a rainbow.
            Age: 25
            Gender: Male
            Nature: Adamant
            Posts: 5,283
            Quote:
            Originally Posted by SchwarzRozen View Post
            Favorite Character - Discord
            Favorite Pony - Rainbow Dash
            Favorite Side Character - Does Luna count?
            Favorite Episode - All of the insane ones. Lesson Zero and Party of One are ones to name

            I like MLP at a ratio that is equivalent to the love of other shows out there like Adventure Time and Regular Show. I do not follow this show religiously, but I do watch the new episodes when they come out. I'm more of a fan of the humor that a lot of the fans have made so far, my favorite being the .mov series. I'd actually be more in favor of a show like the .mov series of the MLP:FiM franchise, but I still like the show either way.
            Welcome to the club, you'll be added to the member list. Hope you enjoy your stay here.
              #2484    
            Old June 4th, 2012 (4:51 PM). Edited June 4th, 2012 by U.Flame.
            U.Flame's Avatar
            U.Flame U.Flame is offline
            Suuuper Busy
               
              Join Date: Jun 2008
              Location: Sapphire City in future Hoenn
              Age: 21
              Gender: Male
              Nature: Jolly
              Posts: 1,254
              http://www.equestriagaming.com/2012/05/pony-avatar-creator.html

              I haven't tried many pony maker things but despite the lack of variety, this one's pretty decent. Now I know what Unbeatable Flame would look as a pony. ^_^

              Wait! This one is brilliant: http://generalzoi.deviantart.com/#/d47efz4
              __________________
              Hacks I'm working on:
              Pokemon Sapphire Hoenn's Rebirth - My own hack, making progress whenever possible.
              3rd Gen Multiplayer Project - Research and development, occasionally testing, sometimes with support.
              Pokemon Cursed/Creepy White - Group project, on hiatus for now with plans to return eventually.
              Animal Crossing Wild World playing as an animal - experimental, messing with models and textures

              Hacks I've worked on in the past:
              Pokemon Ruby Destiny Broken Timeline (pre-reboot) - Assisted with maps
              Pokemon HeartGold Prince Boo Edition - Experimental project with three small changes. Made at the request of YouTube LPer PrinceBoo21.

              Been super busy with work, life, and laptop problems. Hopefully I can get back into it soon, I fear I'm already rusty. Meanwhile I'm considering writing some of my hacks as a series of fanfics.

              Times I've been ninja'd: 18
              Times I've ninja'd people: 3
                #2485    
              Old June 5th, 2012 (6:28 AM).
              destinedjagold's Avatar
              destinedjagold destinedjagold is online now
              Oh Hai Thar~
              • Silver Tier
               
              Join Date: May 2007
              Location: Philippines
              Age: 26
              Gender: Male
              Nature: Careful
              Posts: 8,507
              I don't know if you guys are aware, but BronyCon: The Documentary is holding a contest.
              Read it all here ---> http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=400196483355620&set=a.201483099893627.46907.201110553264215&type=1
              __________________


              FC: 0061-1111-6462
              TSV: 1364(X), 0790(OR)

                #2486    
              Old June 5th, 2012 (11:55 AM).
              U.Flame's Avatar
              U.Flame U.Flame is offline
              Suuuper Busy
                 
                Join Date: Jun 2008
                Location: Sapphire City in future Hoenn
                Age: 21
                Gender: Male
                Nature: Jolly
                Posts: 1,254
                Holy crap! I know someone who can draw ponies beautifully! (And a bit of clop just to troll me) I bet she has a definite chance!

                Speaking of awesome: This. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IylLj_dKxTA&feature=player_embedded#!
                __________________
                Hacks I'm working on:
                Pokemon Sapphire Hoenn's Rebirth - My own hack, making progress whenever possible.
                3rd Gen Multiplayer Project - Research and development, occasionally testing, sometimes with support.
                Pokemon Cursed/Creepy White - Group project, on hiatus for now with plans to return eventually.
                Animal Crossing Wild World playing as an animal - experimental, messing with models and textures

                Hacks I've worked on in the past:
                Pokemon Ruby Destiny Broken Timeline (pre-reboot) - Assisted with maps
                Pokemon HeartGold Prince Boo Edition - Experimental project with three small changes. Made at the request of YouTube LPer PrinceBoo21.

                Been super busy with work, life, and laptop problems. Hopefully I can get back into it soon, I fear I'm already rusty. Meanwhile I'm considering writing some of my hacks as a series of fanfics.

                Times I've been ninja'd: 18
                Times I've ninja'd people: 3
                  #2487    
                Old June 13th, 2012 (9:28 PM).
                8bitSilence's Avatar
                8bitSilence 8bitSilence is offline
                "I HAVE FURY!"
                   
                  Join Date: Jun 2012
                  Location: USA
                  Age: 22
                  Gender: Male
                  Nature: Timid
                  Posts: 72
                  ^.^

                  - Favorite Episode: Friendship is Magic (1 and 2)
                  - Favorite Main Pony: Fluttershy!
                  - Favorite Side Pony: Derpy Hooves or Granny Smith.
                  - About Me: This kid at my school was crazy about MLP, so one day I decided to go online and find out why. I see why now.
                  __________________
                    #2488    
                  Old June 14th, 2012 (4:45 AM).
                  Sweet Candace Sweet Candace is offline
                  So Awesome! /)^ɛ^(\
                  • Crystal Tier
                   
                  Join Date: Apr 2007
                  Location: Somewhere; maybe over a rainbow.
                  Age: 25
                  Gender: Male
                  Nature: Adamant
                  Posts: 5,283
                  Quote:
                  Originally Posted by 8bitSilence View Post
                  ^.^

                  - Favorite Episode: Friendship is Magic (1 and 2)
                  - Favorite Main Pony: Fluttershy!
                  - Favorite Side Pony: Derpy Hooves or Granny Smith.
                  - About Me: This kid at my school was crazy about MLP, so one day I decided to go online and find out why. I see why now. :)
                  Okay, you'll be added to the member list, welcome to the club. Hope you have fun here.
                    #2489    
                  Old June 15th, 2012 (1:35 AM).
                  Blizz's Avatar
                  Blizz Blizz is offline
                  • Silver Tier
                   
                  Join Date: Aug 2011
                  Age: 21
                  Gender: Male
                  Posts: 804
                  Hello everypony!

                  - Favorite Episode: 1st episode and last two episodes of season 2
                  - Favorite Main Pony: Twilight Sparkle, Rarity and Rainbow Dash. If I have to choose one then Twilight.
                  - Favorite Side Pony: Cutie Mark Crusades
                  - About Me: I started to watch MLP about two months ago and got hooked after the first episode. First I was like "Hmm... Ponies, let's see." Then I realized how good MLP was. At the moment I'm doing fanarts and waiting for the third season.
                    #2490    
                  Old June 16th, 2012 (9:38 AM).
                  Sweet Candace Sweet Candace is offline
                  So Awesome! /)^ɛ^(\
                  • Crystal Tier
                   
                  Join Date: Apr 2007
                  Location: Somewhere; maybe over a rainbow.
                  Age: 25
                  Gender: Male
                  Nature: Adamant
                  Posts: 5,283
                  Quote:
                  Originally Posted by Xeberos View Post
                  Hello everypony!

                  - Favorite Episode: 1st episode and last two episodes of season 2
                  - Favorite Main Pony: Twilight Sparkle, Rarity and Rainbow Dash. If I have to choose one then Twilight.
                  - Favorite Side Pony: Cutie Mark Crusades
                  - About Me: I started to watch MLP about two months ago and got hooked after the first episode. First I was like "Hmm... Ponies, let's see." Then I realized how good MLP was. At the moment I'm doing fanarts and waiting for the third season.
                  Welcome to the club. You'll be added to the list now.
                    #2491    
                  Old June 18th, 2012 (1:32 PM). Edited June 18th, 2012 by Houndour2005.
                  Houndour2005's Avatar
                  Houndour2005 Houndour2005 is offline
                  Banned
                     
                    Join Date: Mar 2005
                    Location: Gabby Gums
                    Age: 43
                    Gender: Male
                    Posts: 1,028
                    Quote:
                    Yeah, the image is really small, but "it's so cute" could mean anything and can give us endless possibilities for what Season 3 will entail.
                    We have to wait another three months maybe.
                      #2492    
                    Old June 18th, 2012 (2:08 PM).
                    Mango Dolphin's Avatar
                    Mango Dolphin Mango Dolphin is offline
                    The Trainer that's a Pony
                       
                      Join Date: Jun 2012
                      Location: Why would you see such personal things?
                      Gender: Female
                      Nature: Quirky
                      Posts: 17
                      Favorite Episode: I cannot choose, all simply delightful. However, I love S2 E1 and 2, they were funny.
                      Favorite Main Pony: First and foremost is Fluttershy, and a tie/second place is Pinkie Pie.
                      Favorite Side PonyCharacter: Tie between Derpy Hooves and Discord.

                      About This Magic(or Me): Years ago when I was small I saw an old generation of My Little Pony, an episode where Pinkie Pie fell down and was lost in a ditch/in a forest while it was winter time. Years later, I watched MLP; FIM for a little bit and then I started loving dah show. That is my story. *bows*
                      __________________
                      I have pretty much done.... nothing. Nothing productive all day.
                      I need those clicks before my little ones are dead, please help! To make that clear, that is ALL of the little ones.
                        #2493    
                      Old June 18th, 2012 (3:52 PM).
                      Houndour2005's Avatar
                      Houndour2005 Houndour2005 is offline
                      Banned
                         
                        Join Date: Mar 2005
                        Location: Gabby Gums
                        Age: 43
                        Gender: Male
                        Posts: 1,028
                          #2494    
                        Old June 18th, 2012 (4:20 PM).
                        NV's Avatar
                        NV NV is offline
                        Dracon Leader
                           
                          Join Date: Jun 2012
                          Location: In my own little world, taking potshots at your little world.
                          Age: 24
                          Gender: Male
                          Nature: Quirky
                          Posts: 96
                          - Favorite Episode: Season 1- Party of One. Season 2- Luna Eclipsed
                          - Favorite Main Pony: Pinkie Pie(though not at first)
                          - Favorite Side Pony: Lyra Heartstrings
                          - About Me:Though I haven't watched every episode I have access to I've loved the way the show has jokes that are funnier to me now then they would have been when I was younger and how most kid shows have been predictable from early on, I often find myself finding an ending I didn't expect. It also got me to get into doctor who and several games that they allude to. I've done my best to make unique Pony Characters (PCs) to bring something new to the world of MLP:FiM.
                            #2495    
                          Old June 26th, 2012 (9:24 AM).
                          Treecko's Avatar
                          Treecko Treecko is offline
                          im back
                          • Gold Tier
                           
                          Join Date: Feb 2012
                          Location: St.Louis,Missouri
                          Age: 25
                          Gender: Male
                          Nature: Modest
                          Posts: 5,769
                          New Pony.mov out today.

                          Spoiler:




                          What you guys think? I think, this is the best one so far, can't wait for Swag.mov.
                          __________________
                          im back
                            #2496    
                          Old June 27th, 2012 (6:19 AM).
                          Sweet Candace Sweet Candace is offline
                          So Awesome! /)^ɛ^(\
                          • Crystal Tier
                           
                          Join Date: Apr 2007
                          Location: Somewhere; maybe over a rainbow.
                          Age: 25
                          Gender: Male
                          Nature: Adamant
                          Posts: 5,283
                          Quote:
                          Originally Posted by Mango Dolphin View Post
                          Favorite Episode: I cannot choose, all simply delightful. However, I love S2 E1 and 2, they were funny.
                          Favorite Main Pony: First and foremost is Fluttershy, and a tie/second place is Pinkie Pie.
                          Favorite Side PonyCharacter: Tie between Derpy Hooves and Discord.

                          About This Magic(or Me): Years ago when I was small I saw an old generation of My Little Pony, an episode where Pinkie Pie fell down and was lost in a ditch/in a forest while it was winter time. Years later, I watched MLP; FIM for a little bit and then I started loving dah show. That is my story. *bows*
                          Quote:
                          Originally Posted by NV View Post
                          - Favorite Episode: Season 1- Party of One. Season 2- Luna Eclipsed
                          - Favorite Main Pony: Pinkie Pie(though not at first)
                          - Favorite Side Pony: Lyra Heartstrings
                          - About Me:Though I haven't watched every episode I have access to I've loved the way the show has jokes that are funnier to me now then they would have been when I was younger and how most kid shows have been predictable from early on, I often find myself finding an ending I didn't expect. It also got me to get into doctor who and several games that they allude to. I've done my best to make unique Pony Characters (PCs) to bring something new to the world of MLP:FiM.
                          I forgot both of you, but you're both added to the club.

                          Quote:
                          Originally Posted by AWsquared View Post
                          New Pony.mov out today.

                          Spoiler:




                          What you guys think? I think, this is the best one so far, can't wait for Swag.mov.
                          I hate the .MOV series. I think the whole series is stupid, and a poor example of the things the fandom comes up with that's "creative".
                            #2497    
                          Old June 27th, 2012 (1:30 PM).
                          destinedjagold's Avatar
                          destinedjagold destinedjagold is online now
                          Oh Hai Thar~
                          • Silver Tier
                           
                          Join Date: May 2007
                          Location: Philippines
                          Age: 26
                          Gender: Male
                          Nature: Careful
                          Posts: 8,507
                          The first thing me and I brother said in unison when we were watching that new mov, we said "What the 'ef' did we just watched?"... xD

                          I'm currently busy reading some fanfics (if I get bored at work) in fimfics.
                          __________________


                          FC: 0061-1111-6462
                          TSV: 1364(X), 0790(OR)

                            #2498    
                          Old June 27th, 2012 (1:38 PM).
                          Heart's Soul's Avatar
                          Heart's Soul Heart's Soul is offline
                          Hey, look, I was gone.
                             
                            Join Date: Nov 2007
                            Age: 21
                            Gender: Male
                            Posts: 2,534
                            Quote:
                            Originally Posted by destinedjagold View Post
                            The first thing me and I brother said in unison when we were watching that new mov, we said "What the 'ef' did we just watched?"... xD
                            What the 'ef' did everypony watch?
                            __________________
                            "No calendar today. Oh, that's a shame. What day is it today? It is no day. The calendar does not exist anymore. Today does not exist." - Professional Idiot
                              #2499    
                            Old June 29th, 2012 (3:27 AM).
                            Houndour2005's Avatar
                            Houndour2005 Houndour2005 is offline
                            Banned
                               
                              Join Date: Mar 2005
                              Location: Gabby Gums
                              Age: 43
                              Gender: Male
                              Posts: 1,028
                              I write on Fimfiction too.
                                #2500    
                              Old June 29th, 2012 (8:40 AM).
                              IWearHatsIndoors's Avatar
                              IWearHatsIndoors IWearHatsIndoors is offline
                              They're comfy and easy to wear
                                 
                                Join Date: Jun 2012
                                Location: England
                                Gender: Male
                                Nature: Lax
                                Posts: 18
                                Heya! I'mma join here because Ponies are awesome.
                                - Favorite Episode: Torn between the two parts of the finale
                                - Favorite Main Pony: Pinkie Pie
                                - Favorite Side Pony: LYRA. NO QUESTION
                                - About Me: Heya! My name is Hats, I don't remember how long ago it was I became a brony but it all started after I watched "Friendship is Magic B*TCH"
                                At the moment, I'm involved with working on Ponymon Dusk and Dawn, I'm becoming a better musician and I try to do an art. But I'm better with a can of spray paint than I am with a brush or pencil xD

                                And thats me! YAY!
                                 
                                Quick Reply

                                Sponsored Links
                                Thread Tools

                                Posting Rules
                                You may not post new threads
                                You may not post replies
                                You may not post attachments
                                You may not edit your posts

                                BB code is On
                                Smilies are On
                                [IMG] code is On
                                HTML code is Off

                                Forum Jump


                                All times are GMT -8. The time now is 6:20 PM.