• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen B2W2 starter

Starter for B2W2

• The smug Snivy

Votes: 110 35.3%
  • The tough Tepig

Votes: 69 22.1%
  • The O-Adorable Oshawott

Votes: 133 42.6%

• Total voters

Pikachukid

Conquest needs a sequel
Years
Definitely Tepig, he's so hardcore I used him on my first play through, then snivy and Oshawott on the second and when I got a copy of White. Out of all of these I'm going for Tepig, he's been my favorite all along ;)

torchickensandwich

<-- this guy
Years
I'm definitely going with Oshawott once again.

Tepig is okay, but come on GameFreak, another Fire/Fighting final evolution for the Fire type starter? This is really starting to get old.

When I first saw Snivy I thought it was pretty cool, especially with how it looked like it had a "Yeah I'm awesome, what of it?" attitude. Servine was eh, it just became a bit of a bigger Snivy. Then with Serperior it was just a giant grass snake. Bleh.

Samurott just looks awesome. It's a bit overdone just like most of the other Unova Pokemon. All the armor and the swords it can use. Samurott needs a signature move that utilizes the swords. Razor Shell is okay, but I'm thinking more of a 90-120 base power Fighting type move. Which brings me to that, why the heck wasn't Samurott Water/Fighting? His (or her) design is perfect for Water/Fighting, but no we had to have Emboar, the pig/boar version of the Fighting monkey and chicken (Infernape and Blaziken, respectively).

Oops, definitely just turned that into a mini-rant.

ISA56 2.0

The one and only!
Years
I'm going with Snivy this time around in Black 2, and I don't think I need to explain why. His awesomeness is explanation enough.

Joshawott

Banned
Years
At this point I'm not exactly sure. I've used all three of them at least once and thoroughly enjoyed all of them. Emboar was simply a blast to use, though I felt his moveset wasn't very expansive. Serperior has a lot of potential when it comes to strategy, though I never looked into it that much so at this point I'm leaning more towards using Snivy. And then there's Samurott, who — you guessed it — is my favourite. Dat moveset, 'nuff said.

Prior to the North American release of Black and White I was contemplating using either of the starters up until the very moment in which I chose Tepig. Even though I've used all of them I'll most likely end up doing the same in Black and White 2.

Years
Well, I used Snivy last time and I typically go in order, but this time I think I'm going to pass on doing that and pick Oshawott.

Years
  • Seen Jan 26, 2013
Hmmm....I chose Oshawott in White but after I got to the PokeTransfer Lab I used my more powerful Pokemon from HG instead. So I'll probably go with Tepig as I've heard good things from him.

Twilight-kun

Pokémon World Champion
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 27, 2023
Mijumaru, due to the fact it can learn ice beam and Aerial Ace, as well as having a through-the-roof attack stat, which makes it my favorite to use against people and their Superior Snivy

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Jul 14, 2021
Oshawott only because I chose Snivy and Tepig before and never used Oshawott before.

Altairis

take me ☆ take you
Years
I picked Snivy & Oshawott for BW, so this time around I'm picking Tepig. If I play both of the games I'll probably go with Oshawott again, I kind of just put him in a box so it would be nice to use him all the way through.

Mr Cat Dog

Frasier says it best
Years
I haven't used a Grass critter since Bulbasaur back in Blue version... but I really dislike the other two starters for Unova. I used Oshawott in Black version and any love I had for it slowly diminished as it became more and more crap. And Tepig has never interested me: Fire/Fighting, yawn! So... Snivy it will probably be! But I'll probably get rid of it as soon as something better comes along, to be honest.

L.R.

▒▒▒▒▒
Years
I think I will choose Tepig because I have never used it in BW. I have a habit of ditching my starter, so I won't use it long. Likely I will put it in the box before the second gym.

Years
  • Seen Aug 4, 2012
Tipically I choose the Water tipe Starter but in Pokémon Black I chose Snivy. I think that I will follow the tradition and I will choose Oshawott.

Years
  • Age 34
  • UK
  • Seen Jan 29, 2013
I went with Oshawott in Black, and I love him, but I may try something else this time around. Although there aren't that many Water-types I like in Unova... hmm.

If I do choose something else I'll most likely choose Snivy, though. Really not a fan of Tepig and its evolutions.

Leon16

Awesome!!
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jun 13, 2014
I will probably use Snivy for my 1st run through since I like his look the best out of the 3 even though they all arent that appealing once they reach their final evolution, was hoping for new set of starters but figured that wouldnt happen.

8bitSilence

"I HAVE FURY!"
Years
  • Age 29
  • USA
  • Seen Jan 26, 2013
Although I've had less than great experiences with Grass type Pokemon, I think I'll be choosing Snivy this time around. I chose Oshawott in White and I don't really like Tepig...so yeah, Snivy it is!

tokyodrift

[i]got me looking for attention[/i]
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Mar 8, 2024
I used all three in different runs on B&W and Tepig, and Snivy; I'm not really a big fan of, but they did grow on me. However, I'll probably end up using Oshawott, since it's my favorite starter of all three.

Years
Oshawott is the only starter I've played in this generation and that won't change in Black 2, merely because I love Samurott, but I don't find Osha cute at all >.<

Back