• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

RMT Update- OU

darkfighter

That random guy
Years
I've recently got back into the meta, and I am really enjoying it! For now, I'm only using one team. What I have here is mainly, a stall team.

It's a good team, so to say, but I still think it needs improvment. Tell me what you think.

Cactikill (Ferrothorn) (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Iron Barbs
EVs: 252 HP / 88 Def / 168 SDef
Relaxed Nature (+Def, -Spd)
- Stealth Rock
- Gyro Ball
- Power Whip
- Leech Seed

Ferrothorn's main job is to get out Stealth Rocks, but can also do great on his own. He takes care of most bulky waters, and is usually a decent switch-in if I suspect the opponent has a mixed set.

Momogra (Jellicent) (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Water Absorb
EVs: 248 HP / 216 Def / 44 Spd
Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Scald
- Toxic
- Taunt
- Recover

Jellicent is a great partner for Ferrothorn, and serves a similar role in terms of checking the opponent's movesets. Jellicent will be able to stop other setups with Taunt, and will have enough bulk to recover it off, or poison/burn whatever switches in.

Lark Man (Skarmory) (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Sturdy
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SDef
Impish Nature (+Def, -SAtk)
- Spikes
- Brave Bird
- Whirlwind
- Roost

Skarmory takes advantage of his physical tanking abilities to set up spikes, and also blow away whatever threats switch in with Whirlwind. Although I originally wanted Taunt on this set, Brave Bird served a better role to do hefty damage to Fighting-types, and fight back in case he gets taunted.

Meddy (Blissey) (F) @ Leftovers
Trait: Natural Cure
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SDef
Calm Nature (+SDef, -Atk)
- Wish
- Thunder Wave
- Protect
- Seismic Toss

Blissey is great as it partners well with Skarmory (creating the team-up of SkarmBliss). The Wish Protect set allows me to recover any other member in my team, and Thunder Wave cripples whatever Physical Sweepers switch in, allowing Skarm to take over. Seismic Toss is there in case of Taunts.

Shadow Man (Chandelure) (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Flash Fire
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Modest Nature (+SAtk, -Atk)
- Substitute
- Pain Split
- Fire Blast
- Shadow Ball

Chandelure is like the wild card of the team, and the sub-split set really throws people off. Chandelure is good if I switch into leads such as Ninetales and Arcanine, witch usually threaten my Ferrothorn and Skarmory. While they switch out, I can get a subsitute out and then proceed to knock down as many pokemon as possible. Blissey is not invincible to this set because Pain Split can knock it down a few pegs.

Napalm Man (Heatran) (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Flash Fire
EVs: 248 HP / 252 SDef / 8 Spd
Calm Nature (+SDef, -Atk)
- Lava Plume
- Will-O-Wisp
- Roar
- Protect

Heatran is cleverly named Napalm Man, because his main job is to spread as much burn as possible. Like Chandelure, he can absorb fire attacks, and like Skarmory, he can phaze out setups and other threats. Like Blissey, Heatran can cripple physical sweepers, allowing Skarmory or another member to take the stage.

And that's my team. Suggestions are welcome.

Last edited:

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
Years
Sturdy should be Skarmory's ability; it ensures it can't be OHKOed by anything at full health, and can be reset with Roost. Keen Eye is useless (unless it gets hit by the rare Muddy Water).

Vsjester13

Former battler
Years
Just a quick suggestion it might be a better idea to change Jellicent ability to cursed body it's a much better ability since it can prevent the other person from using the same move all the time.

darkfighter

That random guy
Years
@PlatinumDude

Opps! For a second there, I forgot about Skarm and his Sturdy ability.

@Vsjester13

Water Absorb actually works better for this team, because two members in my team are weak to water (Chandelure and Heatran).

Back