• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Pokémon] ~>{*Shiny Hunters Club}<~

Lady Demoonica Darkmoon

Shiny Hunters Club Co-Owner
Years
Cheeking in so I don't disappear. (again)

Congratulations to all new catches.

Welcome to any new members.

Added my copy of Ruby to the list of restarts, one of these days I will get another random shiny during a run-through.

Still no luck on my actual hunt though. Slugma.

rykerr1

Shiny Fanatic
Years
  • Age 29
  • USA
  • Seen Oct 6, 2012
w0hxfq.jpg

Wow... I am so happy right now! Regirock took 6 months to shine so I wasn't expecting Regice to play nice, but it shone today while I was watching the French Open tennis after only 2 days of hunting =D It was also much nicer to catch than Regirock, after being weakened it only took 7 or so ultra balls to catch. The first picture is really terrible because my camera was dying so I had to rush it. Too bad, I wanted a picture of the shiny Regi face-off =,(

Anyway, I'll be hunting Registeel next. Whenever it shines I'll probably send the trio off to Pearl to hunt Regigigas =)

More pictures:
Spoiler:

Finally I'd like to say congrats to Chr. Draco on that Tepig; it must be really cool to have a complete set of starters =) Good luck to everyone else on their hunts!

Chr. Draco

Spatial Rift
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Apr 6, 2024
congrats riker1, one more and you have the 3th generation complete set.
Yeah it's cool to have a complete set, good luck to you too. ;)

Greenbeans

Guardian of Le Foret
Years
Hi everyone!! i would like to become part of the club :D i have been hunting shinys for a while and unfortunatly havent gotten any yet but i am planning on making a jackpot on shinys :D hope to see all of you on here soon

Jericho

Years
  • Seen Jun 13, 2012
Hi Everyone! I was hoping to be able to join this Shiny Hunting Club! :D I currently have 8 Shinies, but I don't count the chained and traded ones. My shiny card is currently in my Signature. I caught my shiny "Happy" (Caterpie) last night actually. I am hoping to get a ton of more shinies starting with Dialga....YOU WILL BE MINE D:<

Latios Master

11 Year PC Member
Years
Congrats on the shiny Regice, rykerr1!

Welcome to the club, jerichob10 and .Rai_Chu.! Congrats on the shiny Caterpie, .Rai_Chu.!

This week's random hunt is... Gible!

I've been busy filling out my Pokédex on White again. I'm almost done.

Arceus Whisper

Shiny Hunter
Years
I'm back from my week vacation to kansas didn't get to hunt much except on the way back and even then I fell asleep. Friday I leave for new york to take yet another vacation THEN i will be home for the summer to get some serious shiny hunting done
MY Hunts:
Ho-oh - 8675
Gulpin - 240
Viridian Forest - 260

CarefulWetPaint

Doctor Lobotomy
Years
Congratulations to everyone on their shinies!
Once again every is having way more luck than I, Ryker you got really lucky getting regice so quickly after regirock ~yay~.
My hunts are going badly.. Still nothing shining for me and I really want to get started on a play through of black. Someone motivate me to continue till Snivy shines!!!

Chr. Draco

Spatial Rift
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Apr 6, 2024
Hello everyone and welcome to all new members.

It's been a long time since I posted a hunt here, which is currently snivy, I'm doing it by normal hatching, don't know the numbers of eggs, I prefer to count the amount of days that has passed. I have other hunts in mind, but currently I'm only hunting in black. Maybe I'll start playing white again and advance in the storyline. I already evolved my shiny tepig into emboar, and it looks great, also changed it's name.
Well I think that's all for now, cya later and happy hunting.

Years
  • Seen Dec 13, 2013
2012-06-19183654.jpg

2012-06-19183902.jpg

2012-06-19183927.jpg

i dont remember if i had said this last time, but in Emerald (where im currently hunting as i found me my shiny Minun) i decided to cancel my hunt for Smeargle and search for him on a later date (if i was still hunting, this may have been him) and move on for now. well, ive been hunting here for a few weeks (i only hunt on third gen Emerald on Tuesdays as i have a 4.5 hour class and i take HeartGold with me to play when we have breaks, and LeafGreen on Wednesdays and Sundays). today, i've only been hunting for about an hour and a half before she actually showed up. the way this GBA is, for some Pokes, i keep seeing the shiny sprites as they roll by, which annoys me.............. anyway, im now in Route 111's desert, hoping for Trapinch

kinda dead here, isnt it?

Edit:

2012-06-19191205.jpg

2012-06-19191327.jpg

2012-06-19191354.jpg

about a half hour later, this shows up. as you can see, it's not a clone of Minun..........uh.....not much to say. two is my lucky number of shinies in a day. would be extremely rare for me if i got three.

now im gonna try my luck in Fiery Path

Last edited:

Latios Master

11 Year PC Member
Years
Congrats on the shiny Minun and Sandshrew, Keruso!

I have more holes in my Pokédex than I thought, so it will be awhile longer until I return to MMing. I thought I was done transferring gen 4 Pokémon a long time ago, but I after I finished gen 3, I noticed several spots I missed in gen 4, from Chatot to the legendaries.

Arceus Whisper

Shiny Hunter
Years
Went to gamestop and picked up a used Diamond version to add to my White, Heartgold and Leafgreen. My next major goal (besides getting more shinies =D) is to replace the battery in my Ruby so I have 5 games to hunt on. I'm planning on getting Dialga, Uxie, Azelf, Mesprit, Cresselia and Giratina at least plus chaining which I haven't been able to do on account of me not having a sinnoh based game
My Hunts
Ho-oh - 8932 SRs
Gulpin - 293 MMs
Viridian Forest - 260 REs

Years
Haven't been here in a while (due to loss of interest in hunting, and then no luck)

So I was grinding on my nuzlocke run of sapphire when a shiny machop appeared! I broke the rules to catch it and named him Haru. Finally my drought has been broken! The thing is, my last shiny was a machop on sapphire too. Weird lol.

Congrats to everyone on whatever they've caught!

Latios Master

11 Year PC Member
Years
This week's random hunt is... the Normal-type!

I'm done transferring Pokémon to White. I've been spending a lot of time trying to find evolution stones in dust clouds to finish off most of the remaining holes in my Pokédex. I MMed a couple of Pokémon, Litwick and Smoochum (for Pokédex) yesterday. I've also spent a lot of time in the sports dome battling to get money to buy Max Repels. I've been battling a lot of Excadrills in the process of getting the stones, so that's a possible shiny that could pop up, just like Audino last year.

DDD'SSCEPTILE

GekkouKitsune : Shiny Master
Years
Man. This place isn't as buzzing as I thought it would be.

I've tried hunting a few times since I was last here, but if I had something to report, I'd say so, except for that shiny Tentacool I got last year (I think?).

However, the new games BW2 have definitely grabbed my interest finally, and there's a few new things that they bring to the table. I'll put what it is in spoiler tags if you don't want to find out, but I'll only be bare-bonesing it so you might want to take a look.

Spoiler:

Other than that, I haven't been hunting. Too much other stuff going on and when I've been playing games it's been Tales of Symphonia lately.

Years
Wow, surprised to see this still here... haha... Well, I dunno if any of y'all remember me, but if you do, I love you. If you don't. Hi. And I still love you. But yeah. I'm back into this charming little game. I've actually been playing it a lot lately and have been shiny hunting again for a while now but haven't gotten anything even though I've been into it again for at least a month. Right now, I'm mainly going for Dialga because I haven't had a chance to use the other DS in my house to go for either Kyurem or a shiny HGSS starter. I'm also saved in front of Articuno in LeafGreen but haven't touched that for quite some time. Whatevs. So how've y'all been?

Razer302

Three Days Grace - Break
Years
So I was looking at new info on Black and White 2 and came across the shiny charm.

The item will increase the odds of finding a shiny to 1/2,370 and with masuda breeding 1/1,024. Not sure on everyone elses opinions but it looks like shinys just became easy again. Although to get the item you have to heave seen every pokemon in the national dex which is no easy feet. Just though I would inform you all.

Still no spiritomb :(

Blaze the Cat

Life hurts, and so do I
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen May 19, 2014
So I was looking at new info on Black and White 2 and came across the shiny charm.

The item will increase the odds of finding a shiny to 1/2,370 and with masuda breeding 1/1,024. Not sure on everyone elses opinions but it looks like shinys just became easy again. Although to get the item you have to heave seen every pokemon in the national dex which is no easy feet. Just though I would inform you all.

Still no spiritomb :(

Shiny charm? Sounds like my kind of item. I probably wouldn't run into one anyway, but a bit of increase in odds couldn't hurt.

As for my current hunts, I don't seem to be having any luck *looks jealously at Keruso*

Years
Honestly, I'm not too fond of the shiny charm. I'll probably use it in one of the two games, if I ever get my hands on it, but I'm going to purposefully leave it alone in the other one. I think it's far cooler to get a shiny with the full 1/8,192 odds than anything else. Don't get me wrong, they're still not easy to get by any means, but I just like getting shinies without having anything to assist me. However, I was wondering, has there been any talk of the prevention of shinies in these two games? I really want to be able to get a shiny Zekrom/Reshiram, so they damn well better have removed the block.

rykerr1

Shiny Fanatic
Years
  • Age 29
  • USA
  • Seen Oct 6, 2012
Honestly, I'm not too fond of the shiny charm. I'll probably use it in one of the two games, if I ever get my hands on it, but I'm going to purposefully leave it alone in the other one. I think it's far cooler to get a shiny with the full 1/8,192 odds than anything else. Don't get me wrong, they're still not easy to get by any means, but I just like getting shinies without having anything to assist me. However, I was wondering, has there been any talk of the prevention of shinies in these two games? I really want to be able to get a shiny Zekrom/Reshiram, so they damn well better have removed the block.

I completely agree with you about the shiny charm. For me, it kind of cheapens shinies... but since I never have (and probably never will) completed the national dex in any game it probably won't be an issue for me >.<

Also, to answer your question... apparently Smogon confirmed that Reshiram/Zekrom cannot be shiny =,( Kyurem can (supposedly) be shiny, though, so THEORETICALLY Black/White Kyurem can be shiny as well. But I don't think that's been confirmed yet.

Anyway, I haven't been on here in a couple of weeks because I haven't had any new shinies to report. I'm at about 1200 eggs between Ponyta and Blitzle, and I'm still SRing Piplup, Snivy, and Registeel as well. Pokemon Tower has been put off for now, I'll probably focus on it more once Piplup or Snivy shines. Hopefully something will shine for me or somebody else here soon, so good luck to you all on your hunts!

Oh, and congrats to Keruso on Minun and Sandshrew. Hopefully you get something good in Fiery Path =)

Back