• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Ruby hack: Pokémon Snakewood Version

Years
  • Seen Jun 28, 2013
Great job, Cutlerine. I mean it.
I don't know if you remember me, but this IS one of the best hacks I've played. Although, this leaves me with a few questions. They are spoilers, so they're in the tags.

Spoiler:

Great game again. This is my third time running through it...(although I did love that overpowered Unown you nerfed :( )

In response to cleav1ce: WARNING SPOILER ALERT

Spoiler:

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Jun 25, 2012
Great job, Cutlerine. I mean it.
I don't know if you remember me, but this IS one of the best hacks I've played. Although, this leaves me with a few questions. They are spoilers, so they're in the tags.

Spoiler:

Great game again. This is my third time running through it...(although I did love that overpowered Unown you nerfed :( )

In response to cleav1ce: WARNING SPOILER ALERT

Spoiler:

Thanks! ^^
Btw..
Spoiler:

Years
  • Seen Aug 21, 2020
First off, great hack. I could honestly play it for hours on end.

I don't know if this was ever solved, but my game froze as I approached the last door in the right hand stairwell at the film institute. I stupidly saved it at that point, so I'm out of luck until this bug is fixed.

Years
  • Seen Jun 25, 2012
First off, great hack. I could honestly play it for hours on end.

I don't know if this was ever solved, but my game froze as I approached the last door in the right hand stairwell at the film institute. I stupidly saved it at that point, so I'm out of luck until this bug is fixed.

Did you just started playing recently? (because the latest IPS has been added in June, if you are using the version before June I suggest downloading the latest IPS and repatch the snakewood rom with the new one)
But don't you use save states? It's a good habit to make a save state from time to time.. who knows what sh*t you may end up in..

Years
I'm having an issue in solar caverns. I'm on my way to Sundance Rock and I can not for the life of me pass over those holes on my vespa. I can clear the first 3 without falling in, but then that next batch (which requires a turn) always gets me. Any tips or techniques that will help me cross that? It's very frustrating. I know you're not supposed to stop at any point but I find it impossible to do the turn without slightly stopping.

Years
  • Seen Jul 24, 2016
I still need help finding landon and may after catching senex. Or is the game finished already?

Years
Blah, I'm going to have to try and get the latest patch working for the summer - I really wanna play this game again lol.

Whatever do you need the broken hearts for?
Originally, there was supposed to be fifty but Cutlerine didn't put them all in so he lowered the required amount to get the Spatial Pass to ten. It's the only use for the Broken Hearts.

And the Spatial Pass...

Spoiler:

I still need help finding landon and may
Aside from the confrontation in Liliycove Museum, you don't find them again I think.

I'm having an issue in solar caverns.
You have to turn ridiculously quickly without stopping. Maybe try practicing turning in tight circles over and over - you just have to press the next direction as soon as you let go of the other one.

Anyone Know anything about Tea Barquan?
It appears in the tower after you get/beat Luca Zamon. If you can't find it in the tower, I would assume it's some sort of glitch?

Years
  • Seen Aug 21, 2020
Did you just started playing recently? (because the latest IPS has been added in June, if you are using the version before June I suggest downloading the latest IPS and repatch the snakewood rom with the new one)
But don't you use save states? It's a good habit to make a save state from time to time.. who knows what sh*t you may end up in..

Yes; I downloaded the hack a few days ago. But the rar in the opening post has an IPS file that was apparently last updated in April, so I'm not sure if I'm missing something...

Well, lesson learned, I suppose. Oh well.

Years
  • Seen Jun 21, 2012
hey i think i found a bug after you get dive i got the harddisksolo and then got to gym island and got hm04 from the deadly seven guy :)

Fort Draco, on a cavern that looks like endless plains
Ok thanks i just got dive can i get back there yet i know you get there by victory road

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Jun 29, 2012
Anyone mind telling me exactly where I can catch a wild sneasel? Thanks in advance

Years
  • Seen Feb 13, 2013
does anyone mind telling me how to play this game? or how to set everything so i can start playing this game? thanks in advance

monos89

Unskilled Veteran Trainer
Years
does anyone mind telling me how to play this game? or how to set everything so i can start playing this game? thanks in advance

What you need is a clean Ruby ROM, a gameboy emulator (Visual Boy Advance seems to be the one that works best), the Snakewood patch, and something to apply the patch. I use Lunar IPS. Once you apply the patch, you just run the game in the emulator and there you go. Or if you have a gameboy flash card you can put it on that and play on a gameboy, which is what I've been doing. Hope this helps

Years
  • Seen Mar 6, 2013
Hey, quick bug, not sure if it's been covered already, but nonetheless...

In Solar caverns when you are biking over the holes, the top-right most gap before the second ladder available drops you onto a wall; you can only move back and forth, can get wild pokemon, and can dig out, but just in case people don't think they need a teleporter or digger, it's just a heads up

Years
  • Seen Feb 13, 2013
What you need is a clean Ruby ROM, a gameboy emulator (Visual Boy Advance seems to be the one that works best), the Snakewood patch, and something to apply the patch. I use Lunar IPS. Once you apply the patch, you just run the game in the emulator and there you go. Or if you have a gameboy flash card you can put it on that and play on a gameboy, which is what I've been doing. Hope this helps

thanks for the help it worked i really appreciate it

Years
  • Seen Jun 25, 2012
@xxNerok
Sneasel is in the MEATHOUSE

@pokedude919
I stand corrected regarding the Petalburg gym..
Spoiler:

Anyone knows how to evolve a snorlax? Mine is level 73 already.. no sign of evolution D:

Back