• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokémon: Kanto's Rebirth [T]

Gandhi Savage

[FONT=Maven Pro][COLOR=#00AAFF]OJAMA DELTA HURRICA
Years
1ninjadude1701 that's a somewhat better attempt, you are accepted. and The Noob Hacker you too are accepted.

Starsprite

This is how we live!
Years
  • Age 26
  • TN
  • Seen Dec 25, 2016
I would be happy to change anything and everything if needed. I really hope this is up to par, and that my character isn't too riddled with cliches and assorted badness.

Name: Jett Minks
Appearance: Short, with a little pudge here and there, Jett doesn't look anything more or less than fifteen. He has dark blue eyes that blend in more than stand out, and his hair is short and black, though just long enough to be messy and get in his eyes at inconvenient times. Naturally he's pale, but from his time in Vermillion City has developed a light tan.

Jett, never the most fashionable of people, likes to stick with the typical, comfortable, t-shirt and jeans. Although they vary in coulours, he almost never wears anything different. He does wear a pullover jacket in appropriate weather (and sometimes slightly inappropriate), dark purple with a faint black pattern up the side of one of the sleeves. He carries a backpack, small and white, a strange contrast to the rest of his ensemble.

Personality: Jett can be difficult to deal with. Over-emotional, he shifts between a quiet, timid nature and being outwardly confrontational, making for terrible first impressions all around. That said, Jett has calmed quite a bit in the past few years. He is shy, prickly outer nature showing up as some self defense tactic gone terribly wrong, and it all starts to crumble, slowly but surely, the moment someone someone expresses the slightest interest in him.

Pokemon are an entirely different story. Jett connects with pokemon. Treating them kindly and respectfully right from the start, it comes as quite a shock. Because of this, he forms close bonds with the creatures and should be able to display excellent teamwork.

Jett is analytical, good and watching and figuring out, but has difficulty keeping his composure. He bends under pressure, finding it hard to think critically as a situation intensifies. As against his nature as it is, it seems he can keep calm better in the presence of someone else, assuming they're in the same situation he is.

History: Jett was born in Olivine City to two highly incompatible people, as shown by the disappearance of his mother when he was two years old. He lived with his father, the owner of a seaside restaurant that had been in and out of debt for years. Jett was a lonely kid, with an absent mother and a father who was constantly working. He was shy, and had trouble talking to people his age, even if they approached him.

He found his comfort in pokemon, going to the route to the north or down to the beach to play with them. Even as he grew older he would go, maybe not to play, but to just be in their presence. Finding that he could make friends with the wild pokemon lead him to a strong desire to begin training pokemon.
But training turned out to be the last thing he should be worried about as his father's restaurant crept closer and closer to failure. His father's mood became worse and worse under the stress of the failing business, and the few encounters he had with his son were unpleasant, with fighting or yelling almost every time.

Jett was ten when the restaurant finally went bankrupt. His father was forced to sell the place, leaving them without a home. Jett was sent to live with his grandparents in Vermillion City then, his father staying behind in Olivine for reasons they did not discuss.
In Vermillion City he found his grandparents to be kind people, and in the five years of living there his angry personality calmed a great deal. He worked at their shop, and went to visit the pokemon of the surrounding area just like in Olivine, again showing a great interest in training. Seeing this, his grandparents decided on a surprise for him. His evident love for pokemon, they said, made them think he was ready to go on his own journey. They had gotten in touch with Professor Oak, and were sending him to Pallet Town to receive a pokemon of his very own.

Starter
: The flaming pig, please~

Pokemonmaster_draco

One Of The Best
Years
Is there a way in which i could join this rp please. I just read this thing yesterday and now today, nearly all the spots taken. Is there a way i could fit in please please ;~;!!??

Gandhi Savage

Years
Starsprite, you're accepted, great SU.

Pokemonmaster_draco, I suppose I could let you join with Pikachu as your starter if you provide an exceptional SU.

Century

CANDY FUCHSiA BUiCK
Years
  • Seen Jan 26, 2019
Name:
Chris 'Century' Dillinger

Appearance:
Century is handsome in the way that could draw you in, for better or for worse. He stands in at 5'11, not extremely tall for his age, but not short either. He feels rather tall, even thought many people are a bit taller than him, but he doesn't mind. He has jet black hair, which smoothly comes over his left eye as all his hair that comes down onto his forehead is pushed to his left, creating a bit of a fringe effect. He has sharp blue eyes, which can seemingly see right through people who fake themselves, as Century has a bit of a knack for that. Underneath his right eye, a deep scar is embedded into the semi-tanned flesh of Century. His five o'clock shadow is evident, making him look older than he really is.

Judging by his average build, you would think he would be on a pokemon adventure, as his average build would make him seem like a good candidate for an adventure. However, his build is rarely seem, as Century is usually seen in a black leather jacket, with a right breast pocket. Underneath his jacket is a shirt of his choosing, usually something in white, so it makes his outfit look more co-ordinated. He usually carries a black backpack which is slung over both of his shoulders full of supplies and food for both him and his pokemon. Over his shirt, a silver chain is visible. A plastic pendant in the shape and color of a Boulder Badge hangs from it, something with some significant meaning to it to Century. On the inside left side of his coat are holsters for his pokeballs. His pants are usually always ripped acid washed blue jeans, with large tears in the knees and a small tear on the right hamstring. His pair of black sneakers finish his outfit, worn with time.

Personality:
Century isn't one for too many words. He will certainly carry on a conversation, but he will never let on about himself without persuasion. He knows when enough is enough, and tries to stay away from talking about himself, as he doesn't want to be figured out. He goes under the moniker 'Century' to keep people from finding out about him. Whenever conversation drifts about him and his past, he will always steer it in another direction.

He is very caring for the ones he is close to, as he is quick to form emotional bonds with certain people that attempt to break the surface with him in the right way. He cares deeply for his pokemon, and tries his very hardest to keep them in tip top shape, priding in his care of his pokemon. If he had to, he would give his own food and starve if it meant that his pokemon would be happy and fed. In battle, Century uses strategy and tries not to be rash, planning out the best moves possible so the battle goes in his favor. He will also show mercy on his opponents, not wanting to damage his opponents pokemon, trying to be as caring as possible. His commands seem calm as a slight breeze on a sunny day, never straining too much, and when he's losing, he never lets it show. However, he can show some cockiness when the battle is going in his favor, but he tries not to rub it in. Century's favorite type of pokemon is rock type, as he grew up in Pewter City, before starting the Kanto journey.

History:
Century was raised in Pewter City in the region of Kanto looking up to the local Gym Leader Brock, who was more or less his idol. Century was amazed with the way Brock would handle opponents with ease and show great pride in caring for his pokemon. A trait that Century wanted. However, he had no pokemon to do so with. Century was often seen at the gym, watching the gym battles against trainers who have travelled far and wide to challenge him. At age 14, Brock noticed him as a mainstay, and one day, offered to train Century. He was ecstatic. He went home to ask his parents if he could get trained by Brock, and they said no.

Century begged and begged and begged, but they wouldn't budge. This enraged Century, who wanted this opportunity so bad, but his parents said no because they thought pokemon 'promoted violence'. Through Brock, an invitation came that gave Century the first chance to handle his own pokemon in Professor Oak's annual pokemon giveaway. Century was going to take this chance and make himself known in the pokemon world.

Starter:
Clefairy

Gandhi Savage

Years
Century, you are accepted.

EDIT: Oranje's and pokeman10000's reservations have expired. Bulbasaur and Eevee are now available.

EDIT 2: Charmander, now too, is available as well.

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Dec 20, 2016
Awesome, Since some spots have opened up, I would love to reserve a spot for Eevee. I will have a sign-up tomorrow morning.

Manganum

Your local sine wave
Years
Could I reserve Charmander? I'll have a signup posted real soon.

Here it is. And, yeah, I'd like Charmander please.

Note: I've taken this character from another roleplay I'm participating in, and simply altered it to fit into this one. I find this helps me to stay in character and not get lost in dozens of pages of signup sheets.

Name:
Hunter Martell

Appearance:
Hunter's 6 foot, 170 pound build makes him unmistakeable in an average crowd. With a slim physique, sharp jawline and well-balanced facial proportions, he would certainly be considered attractive by most hormonal teenage girls. Dark brown messy hair sits carefully tossed in a rather specific hairstyle, his fringe only just extending past his eyebrows. Below are his icy blue lose-yourself-in-their-depth eyes, perhaps his most striking feature. Hunter is what you would call a "borderline hipster", judging by today's definition. Dressed for cold weather no matter the actual forecast, he often goes out of his way to wear less-than-practical clothes for the sole purpose of appearance. Despite this, he is not a fully-fledged materialist, usually just striving to reflect his personality in his appearance rather than adhere to current fashions. When asked, he would probably attribute his clothing sense to being "society's fault".

Keeping Hunter's nest of hair in check is a pair of brass-rimmed goggles, not unlike the ones seen on aviators of days long past. These are rarely actually worn as goggles are intended to be; unless the heat of the moment is particularly intense, they're generally left to sit amid Hunter's messy brown locks. One thing he is rarely without is his silver-grey parka, which he has decided is an extremely important piece of equipment, but also a rather comfortable item of clothing. Underneath this is generally a plain dark shirt or singlet. The go-to legwear that Hunter has developed an attraction to is a simple pair of dark grey jeans, held up with a plain silver-bucked belt. His shoes are usually in a state of disrepair, and are as such unrecognizable, but when the occasion stands, Hunter will don some simple grey white-striped runners. Completing the "Winter" look is his white scarf, something he is never without, and a pair of black fingerless gloves. As much as he says he "dislikes" them, they are apparently a necessity.

(image enclosed, credit to *Hapuriainen's Pokemon Trainer Creator)
Spoiler:

Personality:
It has been said that "poetry is the best words in the best order". This is precisely the state of mind Hunter has about his life. The most character-building, challenging events, in the best-possible order, resulting in the personality he holds today. Despite his ridiculously tumultuous mind, he prefers to keep quiet about most matters, preferring instead to retreat to the back of a group and let someone else do the talking. Those who know Hunter well, however, know that he can in fact be one of the most talkative and energy-filled people on the planet. Hunter has been seen to be extremely cocky, refusing to accept the fact that he can fail in any of his endeavours - a result of his childhood proximity to the Pokemon League. Viridian City, located on the doorstep of the Kanto Region's most powerful trainers, would of course be expected to spew such a creature forth from its depths.

Hunter is known by all of his friends to be an extremely creative being, preferring outlandish solutions to problems rather than more methodical ones. This adds a sense of entertainment, and sometimes impossibility, to every task he performs - as a well-suited example, one incident occured in his childhood where rather than find an extension power lead for his game console, he decided to daisy-chain twelve multi-socket powerboards together. The end result nearly burned his house down, but in Hunter's eyes, it was all in good fun.

History:
Hunter sees the 16 years of his existence as a blessing, and is determined to live his life to the absolute maximum. As an infant, he would watch Pokemon tournaments on TV, not fully understanding what was happening, but unable to look away nonetheless. By the time Hunter could walk, he was already shouting (rather incoherent) commands to his imaginary Pokemon, pretending that he was one of the famous Trainers of the Pokemon League.

His parents took notice of this natural attraction to battling, and decided enrolled him in Viridian City's iconic Trainer School as a result. From the age of 5 he would go to school 5 days a week for 6 hours a day, a cycle repeated for 11 years, ensuring the absolute maximum amount of knowledge would be jammed into his brain. Hunter did not see this as a burdening education forced on him by his parents; he found every lesson to be absolutely fascinating, only increasing his affinity with Pokemon and his will to one day be a Master.

As the window for budding Trainers to claim their very first Pokemon from Professor Oak was a 6 years, Hunter made sure to wait until the last moment in order to meet his partner, staying at Trainer School for longer than most children would. In his eyes, this would ensure that he was at the pinnacle of possible intelligence for anyone his age, and would have a better chance of taking on the Pokemon League than almost anyone. Now, at 16 years of age, Hunter is finally ready to begin his journey, and believes he has all the wit and strategic prowess required to go far.

Last edited:

Gandhi Savage

Years
Mangunum that was a great SU, and that's completely fine that you've taken Hunter from another roleplay. You are accepted.

Years
  • Seen Dec 20, 2016
OOC: Hope you don't mind me having some fun with the sign-up. I started doing this awhile back when I wrote my first female character, and it helped me understand the character a little bit better. Hope you enjoy it.

Name: The name's Cedric Stables. Pops likes to call me Kidd. I don't like it, and you're not my pops so Cedric or "Hey you," will work just fine for you, my friend.
Gender: When did people start saying gender instead of sex? I can't make a joke out of that. You know what? Just to be difficult, I'm not a female.

Appearance: You know, I have always found it to be extremely difficult and strange to describe yourself to someone else. Have you ever tried to do it? You might find that you don't really know what you look like. I really don't pay much attention even when I do find myself in front of a mirror, so this might not go well. Anyways, let's get on with this. I'm a fairly good-looking young man. Handsome even if my mother is to be believed. I doubt either one of those is the quite good enough of an answer though. Let's see…my hair is black. That I can be sure of. I tend to keep it pretty sort. Long hair has never been my thing. Besides, a real hairstyle would just be hidden under my well-worn cowboy hat anyways. Yes, I wear a cowboy hat. Do you have a problem with that? It is extremely useful for keeping the sun out of your eyes. Never heard any of the girls complain about it.

I'm dark skinned. Black if you want to put a color to it. My eye is dark brown. Yes, I said eye as in singular. I'm blind on the right so don't be sneaking up on me from that side. Makes me jumpy. Just one of the hazards of growing up and working on a farm. Eventually you'll do something stupid. If you're lucky, you won't get kicked…I wasn't lucky. Now I have a dimmed out right eye. Doesn't bother me though, I always thought my left side looked better anyways. Apparently my ears are slightly crooked. And I just thought all my sunglasses were broken…go figure. One of my former girlfriends told me. I'll have to take her word on it. She seemed to like them more than me anyways. I have a nice set of straight, white teeth. Well, minus one. That kick to the face took a tooth as well. I didn't even get money for it. The rest of my face is normal I guess. Strong chin. Unbroken nose. No scars. I guess I should move down.

I typically have some kind of bandana around my neck. It is less for looks and more for utility. You tend to sweat a lot outside. Let's see, the one I have on now is dark red. Don't know if you care about that, but there you go. I'll try to cover the rest a little bit quicker. I'm not much one for style. Simple white t-shirts under some kind of well-worn long sleeve buttoned down. The one I have on at the moment is a dirty orange color with some paler orange vertical and horizontal stripes. I have a jean jacket too, but I don't usually wear it. Dusty jeans and a sturdy pair of brown boots finish out my high quality attire. Yes, I'm pretty much a cowboy. Go ahead and get out your jokes.

As for what is under the clothes…well, you'll need to buy me dinner first, haha. Alright, alright, but I'm keeping it simple. Athletic body, strong arms and legs, and a nice butt. Well, at least I think it is. Sorry but that is as far as I go with that description.

Personality: I guess you could say that I don't take things very seriously. That wouldn't be completely true though. I have my serious moments, my humorous moments, my romantic moments, and even some moments when I'm sad. What can I say; I'm a complicated human being. I have my moments when I'm good, kind, sweet, caring, and the best friend you will ever have. Sometimes you might not like me. One thing is true though. I get things done, and I don't mind making a hard decision. And once the decision has been made, I let it go. I understand that this world can be a hard place to live. If you don't harden yourself as well, you are going to get crushed. Well look at that, I've gone and ruined the mood. I hope you won't hold that against me. It was your question after all.

Look, I'm not a bad person. I just understand that everything isn't peaches and cream. You have a wounded animal? You put it down. Why let it suffer when treatment won't help. Does that make me cruel or compassionate? I'll leave all the debates and moral questions to you. Get back to me when you have an answer. I have more important responsibilities. Now don't go thinking I'm some kind of moody brooding fellow who prefers leaning against trees in the shadows. I'm actually quite a joy to be around. You want a party? I'll be the first on the dance floor. You want to laugh? I got jokes. You want a kiss? Well, I guess that depends on your 'gender' but you get my point. Look, as much as I hope that two paragraphs can completely inform you as to who I am, why don't you hold off passing judgment until you've spent time with me.

History: I was born, I grew up, and now I'm going to start my pokémon adventure. Does it really matter where I came from? Look, why don't you just tell me what you want to know cause I really don't feel like starting from conception. Where am I from? Vermillion City if you need a well-known location. My family owned a farm south of the city. We grew crops and raise pokémon for different uses. Nothing big but it was enough to support a family of four. I don't suppose you would accept that as my full history would you? No, haha, didn't think so. Fine then, so one night almost 17 years ago my dad had a couple of drinks and my mom wasn't feeling very pretty. One thing led to another and…what? Am I making you uncomfortable? Good. Can we just skip this? What do you want from me? Do you want me to pour out my heart and soul to you and tell you all my deep dark secrets? People don't work like that. You should at least compliment my looks and tell me you love me first, haha. You know what. Fine, I'll fill you in on my life story.

Life growing up on a farm is good. Keeps a guy honest. No idle hands to deal with. You learn responsibility at an early age. If certain things don't get done, you don't get to eat. Neither does the rest of the family. Good incentive don't you think? Well how about the added pressure of possibly causing someone's death if you screw up. Sound fun to you? Well I love every minute of it. You grow very close to your family considering how much time you spend with them. And becoming a man is a necessity that is required of you at a much earlier age than usual. Dreaming of becoming a pokémon trainer is cute and all but there is work to do in the fields and pokémon that need tending too. Those dreams are best left to kids whose families don't need them around. What, do I not seem like the ideal trainer? You're a quick one Sherlock. I'm here out of necessity, not desire. So there you go. You got where I was born and a little bit of my raising, anything else I can help you with?

Reason? You want a reason. Look, you sent me the letter, so you must be the one with the reason. Oh, so you were actually listening. I'm touched. Alright, fine. Sorry for being snippy. I just haven't had much to do lately. Yeah, I said we use to own a farm. We lost it to the bank after failing to pay on the loans we made with them. You see, Ma got pretty sick and Pops didn't really like leaving her alone. That left me with the man's share of the work. Katie, my younger sister, was thankfully able to take care of herself, but it was still too much work for me to do. The first week wasn't bad. Heck, I was even doing well for the first month. But Ma got sicker, Pops worked less, and I got tired. Two months later Ma died. Pops came back to work, but he wasn't himself anymore. It wouldn't have matter anyway. We were too far behind on our payments. Loosing the farm killed dad as much as loosing Ma. Not to mention we no longer had a way of supporting ourselves. I guess I should be more thankful that your letter came when it did. Starting this journey gives Pops one less mouth to feed. If we are lucky, maybe Katie will get her own letter next year. I'm just worried as to what is going to happen to them while I'm gone. Look, I know this is all required, but I think I'm done if that is okay with you.

RyanRoksXD

Pokemon Hunger Games Tribute
Years
  • Seen Nov 20, 2012
Could I reserve Bulbasaur? I'll write up my SU Soon.

Gandhi Savage

Years
@Ryan; I can't guarantee a place as I'm trying to get rid of Pikachu, Eevee and Clefairy from the starter list and I'm waiting on Century to get back to me. If he doesn't agree to change starters then you can have the place.

Gandhi Savage

Years
@Luigi; Yeah, I don't think I'd have been able to control a roleplay with nine people as well as I would have with six.

Gandhi Savage

Years
@Manganum; Yeah there will be many available! But on most occasions they'll be more difficult to encounter/catch.

Also, Chapter 1 is now up!

Back