ROM Hacking Need a helping hand? You can get help on any ROM Hacking-related problems or questions you have here.

TrollandToad.com
Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
  #21751    
Old June 26th, 2012 (3:05 AM).
Mana's Avatar
Mana Mana is offline
  • Platinum Tier
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: UK
Gender: Female
Posts: 10,014
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferox View Post
Hi all,

I've been puzzling over this script all day now, and it is the most complicated one I've tried to make so far (very new at this). I just can't find any more tutes to help me.

Using Fire Red, Advance map 1.92 and XSE.

I wanted the player to talk to a family who's kid is missing, help Bill with his machine, then take the kid home (who was hiding with Bill).

The family all have before and after rescue text, which works, the kid can ask to be taken home, which works, and her sprite disappears from Bill's workshop after she is spoken too.

The hitch in my script is that I can't hide her sprite in the family home (where she ends up). Either the sprite is there the whole time, and disappears when talked to if not 'rescued' or if I set it to 'hidden' on Advance map she doesn't reappear when she's supposed to.

I'm just wondering if there's a setting I should be using in Advance map or if I need to but the script to show/hide her sprite somewhere else. Should she be set to 'hidden' in advance map and I put showsprite after the warp command, or is there another way to do it?

The best way is to use flags. Set a flag sometime before the house and assign it to the person ID (make the event as normal otherwise. Not hidde
). Then at the rescue event clear the flag and the OW will then be visible when you return to the house.

Relevant Advertising!

  #21752    
Old June 26th, 2012 (8:44 AM).
LugiaMZ's Avatar
LugiaMZ LugiaMZ is offline
     
    Join Date: Dec 2011
    Gender: Male
    Posts: 74
    I have a question hope have people can reply me.

    The champion rival at Fire Red I named " Lucas", but while I battle with him, he name is showing the name of intro name I put, how do I put the rival name to Lucas if intro choosing other name. Or how to put the champion rival VS screen to other trainer as my like, and no showing rival intro name?

    Hope has people know what I mean. Sorry for my bad english.
      #21753    
    Old June 26th, 2012 (9:47 AM). Edited June 26th, 2012 by ~[BlackHole].
    ~[BlackHole]'s Avatar
    ~[BlackHole] ~[BlackHole] is offline
       
      Join Date: Feb 2012
      Posts: 10
      Sorry, but has anyone here got a tutorial about adding a new palette for the tilesets of firered? I mean, you know that AMap has got 13 palettes for the tilesets... But how can I add more palettes? Is there a way to increase the avaible palettes for the tilesets? Thanks for the help and sorry for my awful english
        #21754    
      Old June 26th, 2012 (9:53 AM).
      mewmasterify's Avatar
      mewmasterify mewmasterify is offline
      Actual Mew
         
        Join Date: Apr 2011
        Location: Faraway Island
        Age: 17
        Gender: Male
        Nature: Quiet
        Posts: 71
        I have a question how can you increase the size limit in the Gba roms like how do you Change 64x64 into 80x80 so when your inserting a pokemon sprite it doesn't have to be 64x64.
        __________________
          #21755    
        Old June 26th, 2012 (9:59 AM). Edited June 26th, 2012 by redriders180.
        redriders180's Avatar
        redriders180 redriders180 is offline
        Mastermind of Pokemon Glazed
           
          Join Date: Jun 2010
          Location: Path of Victory, Tunod
          Gender: Male
          Nature: Quirky
          Posts: 540
          Quote:
          Originally Posted by LugiaMZ View Post
          I have a question hope have people can reply me.

          The champion rival at Fire Red I named " Lucas", but while I battle with him, he name is showing the name of intro name I put, how do I put the rival name to Lucas if intro choosing other name. Or how to put the champion rival VS screen to other trainer as my like, and no showing rival intro name?

          Hope has people know what I mean. Sorry for my bad english.
          The "Champion" Trainer Class in FRLG is hardwired to substitute whatever the rivals name is as the name of the trainer. The easiest thing to do is make a duplicate Trainer Class called "Champion" and use it instead, or use a trainer class besides Champion.

          Quote:
          Originally Posted by ~[BlackHole] View Post
          Sorry, but has anyone here got a tutorial about adding a new palette for the tilesets? I mean, you know that AMap has got 13 palettes for the tilesets... But how can I add more palettes? Is there a way to increase the avaible palettes for the tilesets? Thanks for the help and sorry for my awful english
          Thirteen Palettes is the max...A-Map 1.95 has it wrong. Sixteen palettes is the max number of palettes that can be shown at a given time when you're playing a ROM. Palettes 0 through 12 are the only ones that can be used with A-Map. The remaining three are reserved for other stuff in-game, so can't be used conventionally.

          Quote:
          Originally Posted by mewmasterify View Post
          I have a question how can you increase the size limit in the Gba roms like how do you Change 64x64 into 80x80 so when your inserting a pokemon sprite it doesn't have to be 64x64.
          64x64 sprites is hardware limitation, not software. The only way you can make anything bigger than 64x64 is with tilemaps, and a complete rewrite of the core game code.
          __________________


          I think I'm done with ROM hacking. I'll still pop in and visit, though.


            #21756    
          Old June 26th, 2012 (11:36 AM).
          ~[BlackHole]'s Avatar
          ~[BlackHole] ~[BlackHole] is offline
             
            Join Date: Feb 2012
            Posts: 10
            Thank you Redriders180! Anyway, while I was looking in the tutorial zone, I've founded this tutorial: /showthread.php?t=156018
            It seems that he adds a new tileset with its own palette, right? Could this be a way to do it or it's impossible? Thank you again!
              #21757    
            Old June 26th, 2012 (12:26 PM).
            redriders180's Avatar
            redriders180 redriders180 is offline
            Mastermind of Pokemon Glazed
               
              Join Date: Jun 2010
              Location: Path of Victory, Tunod
              Gender: Male
              Nature: Quirky
              Posts: 540
              Quote:
              Originally Posted by ~[BlackHole] View Post
              Thank you Redriders180! Anyway, while I was looking in the tutorial zone, I've founded this tutorial: /showthread.php?t=156018
              It seems that he adds a new tileset with its own palette, right? Could this be a way to do it or it's impossible? Thank you again!
              He probably replaces an existing palette with his own. Palettes 7-12 vary with the Tileset 2 in FRLG, and Palettes 6-12 in RSE, so if you want to start a completely new Tileset 2 from scratch, you can edit those palettes. If you're clever enough, six (or seven) palettes should be plenty.
              __________________


              I think I'm done with ROM hacking. I'll still pop in and visit, though.


                #21758    
              Old June 26th, 2012 (12:52 PM).
              Teh Blazer's Avatar
              Teh Blazer Teh Blazer is offline
              Divider of Zero
                 
                Join Date: Feb 2009
                Location: 'MERICA
                Age: 22
                Gender: Male
                Nature: Relaxed
                Posts: 772
                I'm pretty sure there's a tool out there, but I can't find it anymore.

                Is there a tool that takes a given image and compresses it so the tiles only appear once, as in they delete all the repeated tiles and bunch the image together to save as much space as possible? Please tell me I'm not hallucinating...
                __________________
                Being a hero is overrated anyways
                  #21759    
                Old June 26th, 2012 (5:23 PM).
                redriders180's Avatar
                redriders180 redriders180 is offline
                Mastermind of Pokemon Glazed
                   
                  Join Date: Jun 2010
                  Location: Path of Victory, Tunod
                  Gender: Male
                  Nature: Quirky
                  Posts: 540
                  Quote:
                  Originally Posted by Teh Blazer View Post
                  I'm pretty sure there's a tool out there, but I can't find it anymore.

                  Is there a tool that takes a given image and compresses it so the tiles only appear once, as in they delete all the repeated tiles and bunch the image together to save as much space as possible? Please tell me I'm not hallucinating...
                  I believe the program you refer to is called Sphere. It's mainly used for making RPGs, but it has an option to import an image, compress it, and make a tilemap of it, if necessary.
                  __________________


                  I think I'm done with ROM hacking. I'll still pop in and visit, though.


                    #21760    
                  Old June 26th, 2012 (8:48 PM).
                  Daikoru's Avatar
                  Daikoru Daikoru is offline
                     
                    Join Date: Jan 2012
                    Posts: 76
                    Hello folks.

                    I feel like starting a ROM Hack, major project. However, I have never done a ROM Hack before. All of the knowledge I have from creating games are from RPG Maker (Did pretty much everything, except Scripting).

                    So I went and looked around to get informations and grab programs (thought all the ones I wanted were included in PGE). However, I still have some things I want to know:

                    -I wish to create Fakemons, with my own spriting skills. PGE has all kind of stuff for editting a Pokemon except one thing: Sprites. What program for Sprite editing would you you suggest for a beginner?

                    -I've seen Physical/Special split is possible to edit in the Attack Editor of PGE. However, I've also heard it requires an ASM to make it work. I have no idea what that is, mind helping me find/install that ASM?

                    -I'd like to create moves with particular effects. I know I can only use existing effects. However, can I make an effect that normally does no damage actually do damage in addition to the effect? (such as Protect and Transform).

                    -I wish to create a whole new continent. However, I have no idea how I should start it out, if I should delete maps to make space or not. What do you suggest me?

                    -Anything a beginner should know before throwing himself into a big project?


                    Thank in advance for the answers.
                      #21761    
                    Old June 26th, 2012 (9:10 PM).
                    Teh Blazer's Avatar
                    Teh Blazer Teh Blazer is offline
                    Divider of Zero
                       
                      Join Date: Feb 2009
                      Location: 'MERICA
                      Age: 22
                      Gender: Male
                      Nature: Relaxed
                      Posts: 772
                      Quote:
                      Originally Posted by redriders180 View Post
                      I believe the program you refer to is called Sphere. It's mainly used for making RPGs, but it has an option to import an image, compress it, and make a tilemap of it, if necessary.
                      Thanks for the name but after extensive searching, I couldn't find it anywhere. Could you link me to it, or show me in the right direction?
                      __________________
                      Being a hero is overrated anyways
                        #21762    
                      Old June 27th, 2012 (8:31 AM).
                      LugiaMZ's Avatar
                      LugiaMZ LugiaMZ is offline
                         
                        Join Date: Dec 2011
                        Gender: Male
                        Posts: 74
                        Quote:
                        Originally Posted by redriders180 View Post
                        The "Champion" Trainer Class in FRLG is hardwired to substitute whatever the rivals name is as the name of the trainer. The easiest thing to do is make a duplicate Trainer Class called "Champion" and use it instead, or use a trainer class besides Champion.

                        Now I know it, thanks. But I need the Champion VS screen, how to do it?

                        Second problem, I use A-Trainer, when I edit the "Elite Four" Trainer Class to "Rival", then I test at VBA battle with the "Rival", the VS screen doesn't
                        appear, how to make to VS screen appear in game?
                          #21763    
                        Old June 27th, 2012 (8:59 AM).
                        redriders180's Avatar
                        redriders180 redriders180 is offline
                        Mastermind of Pokemon Glazed
                           
                          Join Date: Jun 2010
                          Location: Path of Victory, Tunod
                          Gender: Male
                          Nature: Quirky
                          Posts: 540
                          Quote:
                          Originally Posted by LugiaMZ View Post
                          Now I know it, thanks. But I need the Champion VS screen, how to do it?

                          Second problem, I use A-Trainer, when I edit the "Elite Four" Trainer Class to "Rival", then I test at VBA battle with the "Rival", the VS screen doesn't
                          appear, how to make to VS screen appear in game?
                          I don't know about the Champion Vs. screen, but the elite four vs screens are controlled under the "header" tab. Changing the "Fight Type" to one of the four Elite Four settings will make the battle have a Vs Screen, I believe. But I think it only works in certain circumstances, i.e the battler you're currently battling with is an Elite Four member, with an Elite Four sprite, and possibly only one of the original "Elite Four" trainer numbers. I have some ASM in my game, however, that lets you call the Vs Screen animation at will in any trainer battle, although I don't have the ASM on hand, and I can't find the tutorial either...I think it was either erased, or put somewhere else, or I just missed it in my pass through of the tutorial section.
                          __________________


                          I think I'm done with ROM hacking. I'll still pop in and visit, though.


                            #21764    
                          Old June 27th, 2012 (9:03 AM).
                          Robert Conley's Avatar
                          Robert Conley Robert Conley is offline
                          GPXPlus.net/user/Robert+Conley
                             
                            Join Date: Oct 2008
                            Location: The Anti Spiral Homeworld
                            Gender: Male
                            Nature: Docile
                            Posts: 330
                            How do you search by offset in XSE? I'm trying to find the Oak intro speech to see if it's possible to change the female Nidoran to something else, using Advance Text I found the offset for the start of the script at 1C5C78. I took that, put it into the offset box in XSE and hit decompile. What shows up is text that says "update coins" and some hex numbers.
                            __________________
                              #21765    
                            Old June 27th, 2012 (9:21 AM).
                            redriders180's Avatar
                            redriders180 redriders180 is offline
                            Mastermind of Pokemon Glazed
                               
                              Join Date: Jun 2010
                              Location: Path of Victory, Tunod
                              Gender: Male
                              Nature: Quirky
                              Posts: 540
                              Quote:
                              Originally Posted by Robert Conley View Post
                              How do you search by offset in XSE? I'm trying to find the Oak intro speech to see if it's possible to change the female Nidoran to something else, using Advance Text I found the offset for the start of the script at 1C5C78. I took that, put it into the offset box in XSE and hit decompile. What shows up is text that says "update coins" and some hex numbers.
                              It shows up like that because, when you put in the offset and hit decompile, it assumes it's a script, and uses the hex values for scripting instead of letters. For instance, if you made a script, put in "msgbox 0x1C5C78 MSG_FACE", and compiled and then decompiled that same script, it'd show up as it should, because XSE would assume it was letters. That being said, I don't think XSE can search for hex values, just decompile scripts. Try using a hex editor to search for the hex values "78 5C 1C 08" and you'll find the part of the overall script that calls the message at 0x1C5C78.
                              __________________


                              I think I'm done with ROM hacking. I'll still pop in and visit, though.


                                #21766    
                              Old June 27th, 2012 (10:03 AM).
                              Robert Conley's Avatar
                              Robert Conley Robert Conley is offline
                              GPXPlus.net/user/Robert+Conley
                                 
                                Join Date: Oct 2008
                                Location: The Anti Spiral Homeworld
                                Gender: Male
                                Nature: Docile
                                Posts: 330
                                Did that got the offset there got this in XSE:
                                #org 0x12F8F0
                                braille 0x18081C5C
                                comparebanktofarbyte 0x2 0x3B10802
                                end

                                The weird thing is that in XSE's own hex viewer if I go to the offset from my previous post it shows the proper text in the side bar of it.
                                Attached Images
                                File Type: png example.PNG‎ (35.5 KB, 11 views) (Save to Dropbox)
                                __________________
                                  #21767    
                                Old June 27th, 2012 (11:38 AM).
                                redriders180's Avatar
                                redriders180 redriders180 is offline
                                Mastermind of Pokemon Glazed
                                   
                                  Join Date: Jun 2010
                                  Location: Path of Victory, Tunod
                                  Gender: Male
                                  Nature: Quirky
                                  Posts: 540
                                  Quote:
                                  Originally Posted by Robert Conley View Post
                                  Did that got the offset there got this in XSE:
                                  #org 0x12F8F0
                                  braille 0x18081C5C
                                  comparebanktofarbyte 0x2 0x3B10802
                                  end

                                  The weird thing is that in XSE's own hex viewer if I go to the offset from my previous post it shows the proper text in the side bar of it.
                                  In the hex viewer, it shows the letter equivalent of every byte, so it'll show messages that exist in the ROM. But like I said in an earlier post, if you just put in the offset of the text, XSE will assume it's script commands, so you'll get weird script commands instead of the text. The best way to edit it, like I said in my earlier post, is to create a script that uses "msgbox 0x1C5C78 MSG_FACE", compile that script, decompile it, and it'll give you the proper characters, like so:

                                  Spoiler:


                                  You can then edit it as you see fit, although you can't make the text longer this way. You need to repoint things if you want to make it longer, and that requires a hex editor
                                  __________________


                                  I think I'm done with ROM hacking. I'll still pop in and visit, though.


                                    #21768    
                                  Old June 27th, 2012 (12:15 PM). Edited June 27th, 2012 by Robert Conley.
                                  Robert Conley's Avatar
                                  Robert Conley Robert Conley is offline
                                  GPXPlus.net/user/Robert+Conley
                                     
                                    Join Date: Oct 2008
                                    Location: The Anti Spiral Homeworld
                                    Gender: Male
                                    Nature: Docile
                                    Posts: 330
                                    Oh ok, thank you. I didn't quite get what you were saying in your other post and this one really helps! Well there doesn't seem to be a way to change the Nidoran through text, anyone know if there is a way to do this at all? After all that I realized there was a tool for what I was trying to do. At least I learned something new about XSE though.
                                    __________________
                                      #21769    
                                    Old June 27th, 2012 (2:18 PM).
                                    xA1Mx xA1Mx is offline
                                       
                                      Join Date: Apr 2011
                                      Gender: Male
                                      Posts: 3
                                      Quote:
                                      Originally Posted by Daikoru View Post
                                      Hello folks.

                                      I feel like starting a ROM Hack, major project. However, I have never done a ROM Hack before. All of the knowledge I have from creating games are from RPG Maker (Did pretty much everything, except Scripting).

                                      So I went and looked around to get informations and grab programs (thought all the ones I wanted were included in PGE). However, I still have some things I want to know:

                                      -I wish to create Fakemons, with my own spriting skills. PGE has all kind of stuff for editting a Pokemon except one thing: Sprites. What program for Sprite editing would you you suggest for a beginner?
                                      Wichu's Advanced Series:
                                      I can't post links yet, but it's in the Toolbox.

                                      Great tools, super easy to use!

                                      Quote:
                                      -I've seen Physical/Special split is possible to edit in the Attack Editor of PGE. However, I've also heard it requires an ASM to make it work. I have no idea what that is, mind helping me find/install that ASM?
                                      Unfortunately, this is the only complete version I can find. You need to create an account to view the post:

                                      s7.zetaboards.com/Nuzlocke_Forum/topic/8679031/1/#new

                                      It's just an IPS file that you can apply to your ROM, the same way you would apply any hack. If you've already begun work on your hack, I don't think applying the patch will mess anything up, but obviously create a backup just in case.

                                      And to change whether an attack is physical or special, the option in PGE's attack editor should now work.

                                      Quote:
                                      -I'd like to create moves with particular effects. I know I can only use existing effects. However, can I make an effect that normally does no damage actually do damage in addition to the effect? (such as Protect and Transform).
                                      I'm pretty sure that you can just select the effect from the drop-down menu in PGE's attack editor, and then give your attack a base power.

                                      Although with Transform specifically I don't know how this would work. Would the damage be calculated before or after the transform effect?



                                      Bear in mind that I don't have much more experience than you, so make backups in case my advice ruins your ROM.

                                      And I'm not experienced enough to answer your other questions.
                                        #21770    
                                      Old June 27th, 2012 (3:11 PM).
                                      redriders180's Avatar
                                      redriders180 redriders180 is offline
                                      Mastermind of Pokemon Glazed
                                         
                                        Join Date: Jun 2010
                                        Location: Path of Victory, Tunod
                                        Gender: Male
                                        Nature: Quirky
                                        Posts: 540
                                        Quote:
                                        Originally Posted by Daikoru View Post
                                        Hello folks.

                                        I feel like starting a ROM Hack, major project. However, I have never done a ROM Hack before. All of the knowledge I have from creating games are from RPG Maker (Did pretty much everything, except Scripting).

                                        So I went and looked around to get informations and grab programs (thought all the ones I wanted were included in PGE). However, I still have some things I want to know:

                                        -I wish to create Fakemons, with my own spriting skills. PGE has all kind of stuff for editting a Pokemon except one thing: Sprites. What program for Sprite editing would you you suggest for a beginner?

                                        -I've seen Physical/Special split is possible to edit in the Attack Editor of PGE. However, I've also heard it requires an ASM to make it work. I have no idea what that is, mind helping me find/install that ASM?

                                        -I'd like to create moves with particular effects. I know I can only use existing effects. However, can I make an effect that normally does no damage actually do damage in addition to the effect? (such as Protect and Transform).

                                        -I wish to create a whole new continent. However, I have no idea how I should start it out, if I should delete maps to make space or not. What do you suggest me?

                                        -Anything a beginner should know before throwing himself into a big project?


                                        Thank in advance for the answers.
                                        I don't mean to undermine the post above mine, but I didn't notice this post when it was first made, and I just want to clarify a few things.

                                        Like the person above me, the easiest program to use for sprites is Wichu's Sprite Editor. It's probably on the first page of the "Tools" page here on Pokecommunity.

                                        There's a link to a completed project here which provides IPS patches for the Physical/Special Split itself, as well as a second patch which has everything already done. It should be safe to patch onto existing hacks, as long as you didn't move the move data anywhere.

                                        Some effects, like the ones you listed, won't work if you simply put in a base power. Moves that do something like Protect or Transform have effects that generally solely work on the person who is doing the attacking. You can make your own effects by extending the effect table and doing some ASM, but it's a little cumbersome and difficult. You can try doing what the poster above me says, but I think it'll end up being more difficult than that.

                                        It's generally a silly idea to delete maps, and then make more maps. I realize that some people like to start off with a clean slate, but it's easier to just resize existing maps and add new maps instead of completely restarting.
                                        __________________


                                        I think I'm done with ROM hacking. I'll still pop in and visit, though.


                                          #21771    
                                        Old June 27th, 2012 (3:49 PM).
                                        ADLFM14's Avatar
                                        ADLFM14 ADLFM14 is offline
                                        Legendary Spriter
                                           
                                          Join Date: May 2012
                                          Location: EGYPT
                                          Gender: Male
                                          Nature: Bold
                                          Posts: 42
                                          hello i wanted to ask how to edit any items image in Pokemon ruby because i couldn't change it in Item image editor and i didn't find it in unlz and i need to change it please so if any one would help i would be very happy :D
                                          __________________
                                          My Tutorials:
                                          Hacking Ruby Title Screen Completely Step By Step
                                          How To Insert An OW Sprite In NSE Classic Step By Step.
                                          Hacks I'm Currently Making


                                          Join My Hacking Team(D.A.T.S)




                                          My deviantART


                                            #21772    
                                          Old June 27th, 2012 (4:40 PM).
                                          redriders180's Avatar
                                          redriders180 redriders180 is offline
                                          Mastermind of Pokemon Glazed
                                             
                                            Join Date: Jun 2010
                                            Location: Path of Victory, Tunod
                                            Gender: Male
                                            Nature: Quirky
                                            Posts: 540
                                            Quote:
                                            Originally Posted by ADLFM14 View Post
                                            hello i wanted to ask how to edit any items image in Pokemon ruby because i couldn't change it in Item image editor and i didn't find it in unlz and i need to change it please so if any one would help i would be very happy :D
                                            You probably couldn't find them in UNLZ.gba because Ruby and Sapphire don't have item images The only ones that have images are the berries, which are located around number 1511 in UNLZ.gba.
                                            __________________


                                            I think I'm done with ROM hacking. I'll still pop in and visit, though.


                                              #21773    
                                            Old June 28th, 2012 (6:17 AM).
                                            Rights's Avatar
                                            Rights Rights is offline
                                               
                                              Join Date: Jun 2012
                                              Gender: Male
                                              Posts: 2
                                              If it's not too much trouble I have two questions. The first is regarding tilesets in AdvanceMap, every time I try to switch between two it resets my tiles to the set I've changed to, is there any way to stop this or just be able to use more then one set? Secondly how do you set up encounters in a hack like when you first encounter entei as his sprite and he runs off etc. Again sorry if these are rather loaded questions. Thanks a bunch.
                                                #21774    
                                              Old June 28th, 2012 (9:03 AM). Edited June 28th, 2012 by redriders180.
                                              redriders180's Avatar
                                              redriders180 redriders180 is offline
                                              Mastermind of Pokemon Glazed
                                                 
                                                Join Date: Jun 2010
                                                Location: Path of Victory, Tunod
                                                Gender: Male
                                                Nature: Quirky
                                                Posts: 540
                                                Quote:
                                                Originally Posted by Rights View Post
                                                If it's not too much trouble I have two questions. The first is regarding tilesets in AdvanceMap, every time I try to switch between two it resets my tiles to the set I've changed to, is there any way to stop this or just be able to use more then one set? Secondly how do you set up encounters in a hack like when you first encounter entei as his sprite and he runs off etc. Again sorry if these are rather loaded questions. Thanks a bunch.
                                                If I understand your first question correctly, you can only use two tilesets at any given time...in the case of outdoor maps, the nature set and the secondary set. So if you want towns with tiles from Celadon City, Cinnabar Island, and Fuschia City at the same time, you need to modify one of the existing tilesets with tiles from those three places.

                                                Roaming Pokemon are generally the results of the "special" command, and you can't really call one at will (that runs away, at least) without ASM. Setting variable 0x4031 to either 0x0, 0x1, or 0x2 and calling special 0x129 will make the roamer either Entei, Raikou, or Suicune, respectively. There's no way to make more then one roam at any given time, without ASM.
                                                __________________


                                                I think I'm done with ROM hacking. I'll still pop in and visit, though.


                                                  #21775    
                                                Old June 28th, 2012 (9:29 AM).
                                                diskjock89 diskjock89 is offline
                                                   
                                                  Join Date: Jun 2012
                                                  Gender: Male
                                                  Posts: 2
                                                  I'm adding an ice cave to a route using advancemap and inserted added two warp location with correct tiles to allow the warps to work one is to the route i placed it in and the other is to a spot in little root town so i can just change that warp to test my new maps. I enter the warp it changes to a blacked out room with my character stuck on a random bush and cant go any where. i've tried changing the cave option but that doesn't work same thing happens. I'm getting frustrated and would love some help on this problem
                                                  Closed Thread

                                                  Quick Reply

                                                  Join the conversation!

                                                  Create an account to post a reply in this thread, participate in other discussions, and more!

                                                  Create a PokéCommunity Account

                                                  Sponsored Links
                                                  Thread Tools

                                                  Posting Rules
                                                  You may not post new threads
                                                  You may not post replies
                                                  You may not post attachments
                                                  You may not edit your posts

                                                  BB code is On
                                                  Smilies are On
                                                  [IMG] code is On
                                                  HTML code is Off

                                                  Forum Jump


                                                  All times are GMT -8. The time now is 10:34 PM.