Pokémon Gaming Central For topics that aren't necessarily restricted to one game, Pokémon Gaming Central ranges from comparing and contrasting the differences in the gaming generations to discussing the gaming franchise as a whole.
Sort Threads: Spinoff Central | Pokkén

TrollandToad.com
Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
  #76    
Old June 29th, 2012 (12:50 AM). Edited June 29th, 2012 by MiTjA.
MiTjA's Avatar
MiTjA MiTjA is offline
Poké-atheist
     
    Join Date: Mar 2005
    Location: Slovenia
    Age: 27
    Nature: Serious
    Posts: 587
    Dear lord, I think I should stop checking this thread. There is nothing solid, and the assumptions you all put forward are beyond silly. The initials of the dragons hint at RS? Seriously? In spanish? No Kyumerald? @[email protected]

    Raikou, Entei and Suicune were in HGSS, their initials are RSE, it means NOTHING.

    @wombateiro:
    So what you're saying is that Rayquaza would show up to stop only Kyogre or Groudon?
    That would be really lame. Rayquaza saves the day, and is the star.
    There is simply no way of "putting Emerald into RS" and keeping it as its meant to be. The legendaries and their plot was designed with 3 games in mind.
    __________________

    Relevant Advertising!

      #77    
    Old June 29th, 2012 (8:07 AM). Edited June 29th, 2012 by wombateiro.
    wombateiro's Avatar
    wombateiro wombateiro is offline
       
      Join Date: Dec 2011
      Gender: Male
      Posts: 497
      Quote:
      Originally Posted by MiTjA View Post
      Dear lord, I think I should stop checking this thread. There is nothing solid, and the assumptions you all put forward are beyond silly. The initials of the dragons hint at RS? Seriously? In spanish? No Kyumerald? @[email protected]

      Raikou, Entei and Suicune were in HGSS, their initials are RSE, it means NOTHING.
      I know those initials probably mean nothing, but still, they never explained why they chose their names to begin with re- and ze-. Main parts of their names are shiro (white) and kuro (black). Prefixes re- and ze- have no explanation.

      Quote:
      Originally Posted by MiTjA View Post
      @wombateiro:
      So what you're saying is that Rayquaza would show up to stop only Kyogre or Groudon?
      That would be really lame. Rayquaza saves the day, and is the star.
      There is simply no way of "putting Emerald into RS" and keeping it as its meant to be. The legendaries and their plot was designed with 3 games in mind.
      With Game Freak's creativity everything is possible. Especially when it comes to sell more games. I'm not saying Rayquaza wouldn't save the day, because it would. After Rayquaza would stop both Groudon and Kyogre, either team Magma or Aqua (depending on your version) would try to control their legendary one more time, for example in Cave of Origin. Stopping only one legendary is something that player can do without help of Rayquaza. That would make two legendaries to be stars, just like in B2 or W2.

      Btw, what do you think about those percentages I posted on page 2?
        #78    
      Old June 29th, 2012 (8:14 AM).
      Sydian's Avatar
      Sydian Sydian is offline
      rob the rich !
      • Crystal Tier
       
      Join Date: Feb 2008
      Location: Alabama
      Age: 25
      Nature: Timid
      Posts: 32,177
      Quote:
      Dear lord, I think I should stop checking this thread. There is nothing solid, and the assumptions you all put forward are beyond silly. The initials of the dragons hint at RS? Seriously? In spanish? No Kyumerald? @[email protected]
      Yes, I feel your pain. Sadly, I have to keep checking lol. ;(

      I do find it silly people grab at things and claim how they're major hints. Ever heard of coincidence? Cause you know...that happens sometimes.

      I do think there will eventually be remakes, but I'm just not gonna sit here and grab at the sky for "hints." Perhaps the real title of this should be "what would you want in remakes of rs?" :( Then there wouldn't have to be this beating a dead horse debate all the time, but c'est la vie.
      __________________

      ≫ take your heart !
      challenges | klippy
        #79    
      Old June 29th, 2012 (2:10 PM).
      MiTjA's Avatar
      MiTjA MiTjA is offline
      Poké-atheist
         
        Join Date: Mar 2005
        Location: Slovenia
        Age: 27
        Nature: Serious
        Posts: 587
        Quote:
        Originally Posted by wombateiro View Post
        Btw, what do you think about those percentages I posted on page 2?
        Not much because they choose old pokemon on many factors, and what past generation they are from is probably the last thing they consider if they even do it.

        I mean, for example they would put a Wingull in a game because there is locations where wild Wingulls just make sense, not because they want more gen 3 pokemon.

        Besides, each generation has a different approach and might deal differently with the inclusion of old pokes.

        -So Johto for example was basically a second Kanto (regarding what common pokemon are in it), with some new hidden and rare pokemon you have to use new methods to find.
        -Hoenn wanted to be a fresh start, but didn't dare to alienate the fans by not including iconic classics... and a specific example is that it had three of the trade evolving ones, since they didn't introduce more than one new. Of course they would use more gen 1 than gen 2 here, because gen 2 was extra pokemon, but they needed casual average pokemon like Magikarp, Zubat and Oddish. ...And then a Slugma because they actually had a fitting location for it this time. There is tons of reasons for certain pokemon to appear, and its not about gens.
        -Sinnoh was very much like Johto, as in that it had only a handful of casual pokemon, so it resorted on the use of anything fitting from the past again to fill the gaps for most areaa in the game.
        You say there is 34... but I count like less than 20, so I assume you were looking at Platinums upgraded version though. Of course they had to put in everything they evolved for that, which is the case for the initial DP dex too btw, with most of the new stages being for Johto-mons. So you could say it had a noteworthy amount of those because it had evolutions/babies of them.
        Also, the percentage barely takes the lead of gen 1 with ~30%, of which there are more casual ones in.
        -BW depends on whether you mean the enw Unovadex for BW2 or postgame stuff in BW, which was full of random and just filled with everything they could add in kind of thing.


        And again, gen V is done. There is no way on earth going to be more DS games. Starting new graphics with something new is quite safe to assume.
        __________________
          #80    
        Old June 29th, 2012 (2:36 PM).
        C Payne's Avatar
        C Payne C Payne is offline
        Hoenn in 3D!
        • Silver Tier
         
        Join Date: Sep 2011
        Location: Va
        Gender: Male
        Nature: Calm
        Posts: 454
        Quote:
        Originally Posted by MiTjA View Post
        @wombateiro:
        So what you're saying is that Rayquaza would show up to stop only Kyogre or Groudon?
        That would be really lame. Rayquaza saves the day, and is the star.
        There is simply no way of "putting Emerald into RS" and keeping it as its meant to be. The legendaries and their plot was designed with 3 games in mind.
        There is a way you can implement Emerald into Ruby and Sapphire though. As already shown by Emerald, they want the story to improve, this could be what the remakes are for: to keep the main basics intact, but to improve on it a bit.

        Do you honestly think only one team goes through the trouble of awakening their legendary while the other sits by though? It would make more sense to have both teams involved. Maybe you could go after both to begin with, then for some reason you only bother with keeping up with one of them for the rest of the game, depending on the version you have(so you only see more of your team).

        If you think about it, the only problem would be the whole Rayquaza situation, because it would be tough to put it into the picture without letting it hog the spotlight. The way I see it, they should get the big battle scene on and, in it, they could allow Rayquaza to work more on the opposite mascot, to the point where they are both weakened. Your mascot then could come in and mess them up more, haha, only to notice you trying to get involved before it proceeds to finish them off. This would send you into the battle.

        Also, why is it that bad to think that hints could be in the games? Yeah, it gets annoying when people start grasping at the most simple/random things, but Game Freak could actually be hiding things for a little extra fun, hinting at possible stuff in the future- like the Dream World being hinted at way back in Gen 3. Coincidence isn't the answer to everything either, haha.
        __________________
        Don't you think Hoenn deserves to be at least this beautiful?

        Source: http://pokemon-diamond.deviantart.com/art/Hoenn-BW-styled-map-251951922
          #81    
        Old June 29th, 2012 (2:47 PM).
        MiTjA's Avatar
        MiTjA MiTjA is offline
        Poké-atheist
           
          Join Date: Mar 2005
          Location: Slovenia
          Age: 27
          Nature: Serious
          Posts: 587
          With unavoidable changes to the peak of the games plots, why bother making them remakes then to begin with, instead of doing something new right away?.
          __________________
            #82    
          Old June 29th, 2012 (3:05 PM).
          C Payne's Avatar
          C Payne C Payne is offline
          Hoenn in 3D!
          • Silver Tier
           
          Join Date: Sep 2011
          Location: Va
          Gender: Male
          Nature: Calm
          Posts: 454
          That's not entirely new though, it's just changing them so they could keep the basics of the originals(stopping the team that you continue to pursue) yet add in bits of Emerald to improve the overall story.

          It's like how they say that they want to bring something new to the table, yet they don't want to completely mess with the memories of the old games. With RSE being the first to actually have more drastic changes, this could be the perfect timing to implement something like that is what I'm saying.
          __________________
          Don't you think Hoenn deserves to be at least this beautiful?

          Source: http://pokemon-diamond.deviantart.com/art/Hoenn-BW-styled-map-251951922
            #83    
          Old June 29th, 2012 (3:46 PM).
          P0kelegend P0kelegend is offline
             
            Join Date: Oct 2008
            Gender:
            Posts: 334
            I think the only real evidence we've got from B/W & B2W2 are the fact we can get shoal salt and I think the shoal shell too in B/W. In B2W2, I don't think there are hints towards pretty much anything other than the fact that the Pokemon World Tournament and Driftveil are plastered with emerald and green everywhere. Thats all I could get from B2W2.

            So, I definitely do think the remakes will happen but I can't say that there is so much evidence solidifying it'll happen so soon. The only other thing I can come up with is my assumption on the other page that Hoenn will practically be completely unvisitable once they switch their main games the 3DS, but I wouldn't even say that means anything because they could just throw Hoenn in as a second region to a Gen VI game or something.
              #84    
            Old June 30th, 2012 (1:55 AM).
            wombateiro's Avatar
            wombateiro wombateiro is offline
               
              Join Date: Dec 2011
              Gender: Male
              Posts: 497
              If they don't make remakes for DS, they could easily make them for 3DS using slightly improved gen 5 engine reprogrammed for 3DS. True that it would make more sense to start 3DS with new generation, but gen 5 already broke the console pattern because of sharing the same platform with gen 4, so everything is possible now. After R/S remakes Game Freak could make completely new 3DS engine for gen 6.

              Quote:
              Originally Posted by MiTjA View Post
              Not much because they choose old pokemon on many factors, and what past generation they are from is probably the last thing they consider if they even do it.

              I mean, for example they would put a Wingull in a game because there is locations where wild Wingulls just make sense, not because they want more gen 3 pokemon.
              Not sure about that. Almost all of gens 1 and 2 Pokemon would make the same sense to be put in each game, so Game Freak had to choose which group should be featured more in each generation. They clearly focused on gen 1 Pokemon in R/S and on gen 2 Pokemon in D/P/Pt (all Unown forms and overall amount of gen 2 Pokemon in the wild, because of their new evolutions introduced in gen 4).

              Now they put the most gen 3 Pokemon in B2/W2 pre-game. It looks like it's pattern of featuring Pokemon of each gen they plan to remake, meaning R/S remakes in gen 5.
                #85    
              Old June 30th, 2012 (3:45 AM).
              Kerjo's Avatar
              Kerjo Kerjo is offline
              Dark/Ground Gym Leader
                 
                Join Date: Feb 2008
                Location: Mt. Silver
                Age: 24
                Gender: Male
                Nature: Relaxed
                Posts: 317
                Quote:
                Originally Posted by P0kelegend View Post
                I think the only real evidence we've got from B/W & B2W2 are the fact we can get shoal salt and I think the shoal shell too in B/W. In B2W2, I don't think there are hints towards pretty much anything other than the fact that the Pokemon World Tournament and Driftveil are plastered with emerald and green everywhere. Thats all I could get from B2W2.
                Have you played B2W2 yet? If so, you must have noticed that the new areas in B2W2 have a Hoenn feel to them. I'd say the biggest hints would be the emeralds in PWT and Driftveil, Rebirth Cave, the route before Rebirth Cave, and the New town with the water Gym. They scream Hoenn.
                __________________
                Credit goes to Michii!


                Platinum FC: 5371-1178-0608

                  #86    
                Old June 30th, 2012 (4:10 AM).
                Manganum's Avatar
                Manganum Manganum is offline
                Your local sine wave
                   
                  Join Date: Feb 2010
                  Location: Brutal Techno Rage Aquarium
                  Gender: Male
                  Nature: Calm
                  Posts: 145
                  Quote:
                  Originally Posted by wombateiro View Post
                  If they don't make remakes for DS, they could easily make them for 3DS using slightly improved gen 5 engine reprogrammed for 3DS.
                  No. The 3DS engine is completely different from the DS. Yes, they could remake RSE using the DS engine, but then they would be (legally) forced to market the games under a dying console. BW2 will be the last Pokemon games made for the DS.

                  I have absolutely no doubt that they'll remake RSE, and I can guarantee you that I'll be the first out of every single person here to pre-preorder them.
                  __________________
                  It's all in the Music.

                  The Music


                  Pendulum - The Terminal
                  Danny Byrd - Ill Behavior
                  Netsky - Love Has Gone

                  The Projects


                  Unnamed DnB project
                  Composition for rehearsals

                  The Inspiration


                  Pendulum
                  Blackmill
                  Enter Shikari

                    #87    
                  Old June 30th, 2012 (8:04 AM).
                  Kanto_Johto's Avatar
                  Kanto_Johto Kanto_Johto is offline
                  Never glimpse the truth
                     
                    Join Date: Jul 2009
                    Location: A Silver Sun
                    Age: 25
                    Gender: Male
                    Nature: Bold
                    Posts: 818
                    Quote:
                    Originally Posted by Manganum View Post
                    No. The 3DS engine is completely different from the DS. Yes, they could remake RSE using the DS engine, but then they would be (legally) forced to market the games under a dying console. BW2 will be the last Pokemon games made for the DS.

                    I have absolutely no doubt that they'll remake RSE, and I can guarantee you that I'll be the first out of every single person here to pre-preorder them.


                    Also, is the B2W2 version of Rustburo City actually used anywhere during the gameplay or is it just programmed into the game but unused? If it's unused, I think that's one of the first credible hints that supports Game Freak planning RSE remakes for real.
                      #88    
                    Old June 30th, 2012 (9:36 AM).
                    Blue's Avatar
                    Blue Blue is offline
                    problematic
                    • Moderator
                    • Platinum Tier
                     
                    Join Date: Jan 2008
                    Location: United Kingdom
                    Gender: Male
                    Nature: Relaxed
                    Posts: 20,257
                    Quote:
                    Originally Posted by Manganum View Post
                    No. The 3DS engine is completely different from the DS. Yes, they could remake RSE using the DS engine, but then they would be (legally) forced to market the games under a dying console. BW2 will be the last Pokemon games made for the DS.

                    I can guarantee you that I'll be the first out of every single person here to pre-preorder them.
                    I might have to take you up on that one, I've been very anticipated about Ruby & Sapphire remakes for quite some time now, I too am positive about them being remade.. not 100% but I have hope.
                    __________________
                      #89    
                    Old June 30th, 2012 (2:13 PM).
                    Clark's Avatar
                    Clark Clark is offline
                    i want the puppy
                       
                      Join Date: Oct 2007
                      Gender: Other
                      Nature: Relaxed
                      Posts: 777
                      Quote:
                      Originally Posted by Manganum View Post
                      No. The 3DS engine is completely different from the DS. Yes, they could remake RSE using the DS engine, but then they would be (legally) forced to market the games under a dying console. BW2 will be the last Pokemon games made for the DS.
                      I dunno about that. Remember Mystery Dungeon Red and Blue? They were the same game, one being for GBA and one being for DS with slight enhancements. That was probably a much bigger leap, and they made it work. I think if they want to make the remakes on the 3DS they could easily do something similar to BW but reprogrammed and enhanced to work for the 3DS. It'd probably be quicker and easier than it would be for them to make something from scratch.

                      But I'm not sure if they're even really ready to move Pokemon onto the 3DS. Even BW2 being for the DS instead of the 3DS is still a little surprising to me, since the DS ought to be a "dying console" by now. But it does make sense, considering the 3DS hasn't been doing as well as expected. And, since the 3DS can play DS games just as well, it makes the games more available to more people. So I really wouldn't be too surprised to see RSE remakes for the DS, and if they are for the 3DS I wouldn't expect much of an upgrade from BW2.
                      __________________
                        #90    
                      Old June 30th, 2012 (3:24 PM).
                      Kerjo's Avatar
                      Kerjo Kerjo is offline
                      Dark/Ground Gym Leader
                         
                        Join Date: Feb 2008
                        Location: Mt. Silver
                        Age: 24
                        Gender: Male
                        Nature: Relaxed
                        Posts: 317
                        Quote:
                        Originally Posted by Kanto_Johto View Post
                        Also, is the B2W2 version of Rustburo City actually used anywhere during the gameplay or is it just programmed into the game but unused? If it's unused, I think that's one of the first credible hints that supports Game Freak planning RSE remakes for real.
                        Midway through my second play-through and I haven't heard it, and I don't remember hearing it the first time. I seriously doubt that it's Rustburo City though. Music remixes sounds very similar to the original and this new Rustburo music is completely unrecognizable.
                        __________________
                        Credit goes to Michii!


                        Platinum FC: 5371-1178-0608

                          #91    
                        Old June 30th, 2012 (4:22 PM).
                        Kanto_Johto's Avatar
                        Kanto_Johto Kanto_Johto is offline
                        Never glimpse the truth
                           
                          Join Date: Jul 2009
                          Location: A Silver Sun
                          Age: 25
                          Gender: Male
                          Nature: Bold
                          Posts: 818
                          Quote:
                          Originally Posted by Kerjo View Post
                          Midway through my second play-through and I haven't heard it, and I don't remember hearing it the first time. I seriously doubt that it's Rustburo City though. Music remixes sounds very similar to the original and this new Rustburo music is completely unrecognizable.
                          Are we thinking of the same remix?

                          Here's the one I'm talking about:
                          Spoiler:


                          Sounds almost identical to the original to me (musically speaking). I'm assuming this is the one everyone is talking about.
                            #92    
                          Old June 30th, 2012 (4:50 PM).
                          P0kelegend P0kelegend is offline
                             
                            Join Date: Oct 2008
                            Gender:
                            Posts: 334
                            Quote:
                            Originally Posted by Kerjo View Post
                            Have you played B2W2 yet? If so, you must have noticed that the new areas in B2W2 have a Hoenn feel to them. I'd say the biggest hints would be the emeralds in PWT and Driftveil, Rebirth Cave, the route before Rebirth Cave, and the New town with the water Gym. They scream Hoenn.
                            Very true, I don't know why I forgot about those. Then, there actually is a decent amount of hints. Rebirth cave has to be a pretty big hint IMO, there is one part in the cave with a big pool of water/magma which almost exactly resembles the caves that Groudon/Kyogre can be caught in, in Emerald. The part with the houses on top of the water in Shizui's town reminded me of Pacifidlog straight away.

                            Also, the fact that a Rustboro remix was programmed into B2W2 but is not used ANYWHERE in the game could very well be some sort of evidence too. Although, I think I remember that they put a remix of Suicine's battle music in FRLG and it meant nothing but who knows.

                            The hints are quite subtle, because you can't be 100% sure as to whether they thought of them as hints or not when putting them in but I'd say the ones you mentioned are very interesting and its likely that they could be hints.
                              #93    
                            Old June 30th, 2012 (4:55 PM).
                            Kerjo's Avatar
                            Kerjo Kerjo is offline
                            Dark/Ground Gym Leader
                               
                              Join Date: Feb 2008
                              Location: Mt. Silver
                              Age: 24
                              Gender: Male
                              Nature: Relaxed
                              Posts: 317
                              No, I haven't heard that remix up until now. In B2W2 there is a soundtrack with the same name that sounds completely different. I don't like it!

                              Spoiler:
                              __________________
                              Credit goes to Michii!


                              Platinum FC: 5371-1178-0608

                                #94    
                              Old June 30th, 2012 (6:33 PM).
                              Blue's Avatar
                              Blue Blue is offline
                              problematic
                              • Moderator
                              • Platinum Tier
                               
                              Join Date: Jan 2008
                              Location: United Kingdom
                              Gender: Male
                              Nature: Relaxed
                              Posts: 20,257
                              That sounds far too upbeat for Rustboro and I can't even hear the connection, if anything its more like Hearthome City from Sinnoh DPPT and if it is written into the ROM I can't understand why it is but I certainly hope the remakes soundtrack isn't like that... they can do a much better job than that.
                              __________________
                                #95    
                              Old June 30th, 2012 (7:10 PM).
                              Kanto_Johto's Avatar
                              Kanto_Johto Kanto_Johto is offline
                              Never glimpse the truth
                                 
                                Join Date: Jul 2009
                                Location: A Silver Sun
                                Age: 25
                                Gender: Male
                                Nature: Bold
                                Posts: 818
                                Quote:
                                Originally Posted by Kerjo View Post
                                No, I haven't heard that remix up until now. In B2W2 there is a soundtrack with the same name that sounds completely different. I don't like it!

                                Spoiler:
                                Yeah.....that is definitely not the Rustburo City music. The second half of that one sounds a bit like the second half of the Viridian/Pewter/Saffron City music. I concur with Suicune; the connection to the original theme isn't even noticeable.
                                  #96    
                                Old June 30th, 2012 (7:10 PM).
                                NV's Avatar
                                NV NV is offline
                                Dracon Leader
                                   
                                  Join Date: Jun 2012
                                  Location: In my own little world, taking potshots at your little world.
                                  Age: 24
                                  Gender: Male
                                  Nature: Quirky
                                  Posts: 96
                                  There's no way the remakes will be 3DS
                                  Theres nothing to gain from making MORE 3D effects.
                                  Plus it would make transfering your old pokemon from the advanced series a long tedious process.
                                  DS games are still being made, theres no reason to make every game exclusivley for the 3ds because the 3D effects will remove a large portion of customers that want new games but are to young to have a 3DS(like a kid is going to leave that slider alone just because the game tells him its bad for him). And having all the regions in one style (more or less) is much more promising in the longrun.
                                  Also note that there were Dsi only games but Pokemon never touched them.
                                  They might make the spin offs 3ds but the main games use sprites and 3d makes sprites look horrible.
                                  Besides, if the remakes were to be made for 3ds then Black and White would have been for the 3ds as well (foollowing the patern, the remakes are the same type as the new Gen before them.)
                                  I highly doubt that they'll switch to 3ds for the remake of Ruby and Sapphire, if they switch at all. I don't see how the fans of the main games will accept the games looking like the stadium series all of a sudden.

                                  Moving on to what I'm looking forward too:
                                  The secret bases will take on new mechanics (probably fusing in the missions from Black and White)
                                  We'll get back to the old fashioned Pokemon contests (with new twists thanks to the new pokemon and moves)
                                  The Spinda collecting might return.
                                  We'll get to see better cutscenes and the triple battles may appear here and there.
                                  Absol and zangoose will be available for wild capture once again.
                                  I'll have a reason to play without cheats once again!
                                  The Pokenav call system might be re implimented.
                                  The battle frontier will probably look AMAZING in Semi-3d.
                                  And so will the legendaries.
                                  Fully animated Magma and Aqua members!
                                  THE FLUTES FINALLY WORK AGAIN!
                                  Can you IMAGINE what the soot fall would look like?
                                  and finally....
                                  Returning to my hoenn adventures which I actually enjoyed repeating over and over!
                                  __________________

                                  PM me for info about this project.

                                    #97    
                                  Old June 30th, 2012 (8:18 PM).
                                  Bluerang1's Avatar
                                  Bluerang1 Bluerang1 is offline
                                  pin pin
                                     
                                    Join Date: May 2009
                                    Location: Hiougi City
                                    Gender: Male
                                    Nature: Relaxed
                                    Posts: 2,548
                                    I like the one remake theory, with only 5 per Generation. They can also make it on the DS without much fuss. And then a brand new Generation 6 for the 3DS.
                                    __________________
                                    3DS Friend Code: 1204-0601-9485
                                    Pokémon X
                                    Post on my wall if you add me so I can add you!
                                      #98    
                                    Old June 30th, 2012 (9:25 PM).
                                    voicerocker's Avatar
                                    voicerocker voicerocker is offline
                                       
                                      Join Date: Mar 2012
                                      Gender: Male
                                      Posts: 283
                                      Quote:
                                      Originally Posted by NV View Post
                                      There's no way the remakes will be 3DS
                                      Theres nothing to gain from making MORE 3D effects.
                                      The remakes would only be on the DS if they are part of Gen 5. If they go to Gen 6 next, which will definitely be on the 3DS, then they'll be on the 3DS too. However, as has already been said, the DS is pretty much over.

                                      Quote:
                                      Originally Posted by NV View Post
                                      Plus it would make transfering your old pokemon from the advanced series a long tedious process.
                                      If you get to keep your old Pokemon, does it really matter?

                                      Quote:
                                      Originally Posted by NV View Post
                                      DS games are still being made, theres no reason to make every game exclusivley for the 3ds because the 3D effects will remove a large portion of customers that want new games but are to young to have a 3DS(like a kid is going to leave that slider alone just because the game tells him its bad for him).
                                      DS games are fading away. Gen 5 being on the DS was somewhat odd in the first place, though understandable in a way.
                                      The 3D is totally optional. Don't like the 3D, just turn it off. I doubt kids would stare into the 3D that long anyway, I myself can only stand it for a few minutes before it becomes a little annoying.

                                      Quote:
                                      Originally Posted by NV View Post
                                      And having all the regions in one style (more or less) is much more promising in the longrun.
                                      Does it really matter if all regions are in the same "style"?

                                      Quote:
                                      Originally Posted by NV View Post
                                      Also note that there were Dsi only games but Pokemon never touched them.
                                      They might make the spin offs 3ds but the main games use sprites and 3d makes sprites look horrible.
                                      DSi and DSLite are over soon too, if not already. 3DS is now. And I believe the 3D world and sprite character combination looks pretty good myself. The sprites themselves don't have to be 3D.

                                      Quote:
                                      Originally Posted by NV View Post
                                      Besides, if the remakes were to be made for 3ds then Black and White would have been for the 3ds as well (foollowing the patern, the remakes are the same type as the new Gen before them.)
                                      You're assuming they will definitely follow this broken pattern. We expected Gray/Grey. Black 2 and White 2 changed it.

                                      Quote:
                                      Originally Posted by NV View Post
                                      I highly doubt that they'll switch to 3ds for the remake of Ruby and Sapphire, if they switch at all. I don't see how the fans of the main games will accept the games looking like the stadium series all of a sudden.
                                      "If they change at all"? I hope you don't mean that you think Pokemon will stay on the DS forever, because regardless of when remakes come, Pokemon and every other major Nintendo franchise that hasn't yet WILL jump to the 3DS.

                                      Also, I doubt a change like that to "stadium style" battles would be received negatively. However, I read somewhere that Game Freak prefers sprites for the main series, so we may not even see the games change to that.
                                      __________________
                                      "Believe in yourself and create your own destiny. Don't fear failure." - Only Toonami
                                      =====

                                      Pokemon White 2 Team:
                                        #99    
                                      Old June 30th, 2012 (10:23 PM).
                                      NV's Avatar
                                      NV NV is offline
                                      Dracon Leader
                                         
                                        Join Date: Jun 2012
                                        Location: In my own little world, taking potshots at your little world.
                                        Age: 24
                                        Gender: Male
                                        Nature: Quirky
                                        Posts: 96
                                        Quote:
                                        Originally Posted by voicerocker View Post
                                        post.
                                        Okay, compared to the arguments on my old home site, that was like a handshake.
                                        I'll take back my rant because you, sir, have just removed my worries with your reply.

                                        So yeah, I guess if they just use the 3D to separate the forground and background (Opponent and Player in battle) and kept the sprites I'd be fine with a 3D remake, I'd love to see the cuscenes in 3d.

                                        In particular I hope they take some elements from Emerald story wise.
                                        Such as magma and aqua BOTH causing trouble, magmas base being in the mountains, and the stories legendary getting its own dynamic cut-scene.
                                        Basically the emerald storyline up until when one of the Legendaries is awakened, then the story should follow its versions plot. But when Kyorge or Groudon wake up and just before you fight it I'd like there to be a scene during those two points.

                                        Another thing I'd like them to add is a story to the Battle frontier to make me want to go further, like they did in Gold and Silver for the Gym rematch and in Diamond and Pearl with Lucas' father.
                                        __________________

                                        PM me for info about this project.

                                          #100    
                                        Old July 1st, 2012 (10:24 AM).
                                        OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire's Avatar
                                        OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire is offline
                                        10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
                                           
                                          Join Date: Apr 2010
                                          Location: Oregon
                                          Age: 23
                                          Gender: Male
                                          Nature: Careful
                                          Posts: 17,464
                                          Well Emerald had a bit of a story for the battle frontier existing, not much though other than Scott wanting to have strong trainers gather.

                                          I'm hoping the world Tournament is found in Hoenn too for the remakes, perhaps it can be like an 8th battle frontier facility of sorts.
                                          __________________
                                          I'm currently working on some novels. If you're interested you can read them here:
                                          https://www.wattpad.com/user/ImperialSun
                                          https://www.patreon.com/ImperialSun
                                          Closed Thread

                                          Quick Reply

                                          Join the conversation!

                                          Create an account to post a reply in this thread, participate in other discussions, and more!

                                          Create a PokéCommunity Account

                                          Sponsored Links
                                          Thread Tools

                                          Posting Rules
                                          You may not post new threads
                                          You may not post replies
                                          You may not post attachments
                                          You may not edit your posts

                                          BB code is On
                                          Smilies are On
                                          [IMG] code is On
                                          HTML code is Off

                                          Forum Jump


                                          All times are GMT -8. The time now is 10:49 PM.