• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What is the hardest ROM hack that you ever played?

pokemon:triaura

champion of the Tri region
Years
  • Seen Oct 15, 2015
pokemon light platinum is pretty easy with a insainly high leveled electavire 96 ftw

thunder punch ftw

flamethrower ftw

the hardest point is the first champ(for the fact that his pokemon were inconsistent and that damn gabite(or what ever its called wouldnt die to anything i could throw at it i had to my elecetavire to lvl 89 before it died and even then i had to continulisly revive my pokemon and ash(for annoying reasons)

Last edited:
Years
Pokemon White... The gba rom hack version. I never got the past the beginning I don't think because that first route is FREAKING LONG!!!! And that one bug catcher that had a heracross gave me quite a beating as well.

Years
  • Seen May 30, 2013
As someone who enjoys challenging hacks, I'd have to say that I can't really decide between Expert Emerald and Reign of Legends

Out of all three GBA hacks I've played, there is LP, but the game starts to lose difficulty after the second gym, and becomes a cakewalk after the fifth gym.

Then there is RD:LoG. The game was too easy for me at first, but then came the story-line's climax and the post-game, both were insanely hard, but enjoyable.

Finally, there is Expert Emerald. I found Roxanne and Brawly to be easy, but then the difficulty rose after Wattson, and peaked with Norman. Now, it's sort of easy, especially since I've defeated Tate&Liza on my first try.

Overall, LoG does provide many challanges at the end, but EE is hard through the game.

Years
  • Seen Sep 30, 2020
There is a hack known as Pokemon Intense Indigo Edition as well as Pokemon Indigo Lite Edition; both are difficulty-based gen 1 hacks that start off gently and actually gets harder and stays harder near mid-game to endgame. I know its the hardest I've played at least.

Years
  • Seen Apr 1, 2020
Dark Rising gives you excellent options of Pokemon, two VS Seekers, dragon starters, and unlimited lucky eggs. However, the levels go up like crazy.

Firered Omega was pretty respectable in terms of artificial intelligence. It's been a long time since I've played it, but I nuzlocked it at some point, and I remember a flamethrowering Rhyhorn and a freaking Tentacruel with Mirror Coat that killed my Gengar...

Finally, there is Expert Emerald. I found Roxanne and Brawly to be easy

I abandoned EE for exactly that reason- I was disappointed by the easiness of Roxanne and Brawly- but I might take it up again if the difficulty peaks as you say.

ShyRayq

Unprofessional Unprofessional
Years
  • Seen Mar 26, 2024
By far, Pokemon Vega, but if we're talking English games, Pokemon Alt Evos which is at the nuzlocke forums. At the first gym, we have a Shuckle in sandstorm. The worst annoyed possible.

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Jul 7, 2023
They Dark Rising, it's a back of Fire Red, great story line. Has Dratini, Gible, and Bagon as starters. (Dratini is worth it as tDragonite has the highest special attack of those three fully evolved. Very challenging. You battle Ash who only uses a Pikachu that is insanely strong at lv 99, and a Ho-Oh at lv 100. The Elite Four Champion uses a Mewtwo, Regigigas, Dialga, Cresselia, and a Palkia all at lv 99, and a Shadow Lugia at lv 100. I highly recommend it. Very fun and challenging. I had to beat it with my team as Dragonite, Victini, Shaymin, Groudon, Reshiram, and Volcarona, all at lv 100.

Darkrai666

ThatscaryFreakyguywhoisDa rkrai
Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Dec 21, 2014
Naranja The orange island hack..It was a great game Cant say the same for translation though but it was hard you get such high leveled pokemon from the first to battle with and the maps are confusing since you have to surf everywhere

I remember Ash Grey gave me trouble trying to get past the sparrows. xD

the spearow part was a little confusing since you dont expect to know how to swim but I figured it out in 5 minutes

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Jul 20, 2021
I use rare candies to keep my levels equal and I use Masterballs. Thats it.

I'll use master balls and i try to get a bunch of Full Restores and Max Revives early in the game. Also a bunch of Max repels if im trying to get somewhere and dont wanna get attacked a ton. And maybe a quick level up cheat to level up faster than using rare candies.

Years
  • Seen Jan 18, 2014
Pokemon light platinum. I havent beaten it but its still the hardest ive played yet

MechVenom

A Wild Ampharos Has Appeared
Years
  • Seen Sep 2, 2013
The hardest pokemon hack i played is dark rising i couldnt even get passed the woods without dying every 2 trainers

Last edited:

Orifiel

Priestess
Years
OMG, Life of Guardians! Most hard and puzzled game I played!
the music in the game and the way how Jagold thought of the
story was absolutely perfect and also the change of events.
(Good & Bad Mode) Tried them both! Which means I played
Life of Guardians many times, now.

Back