The PokéCommunity Forums Pokémon: General Discussions Pokémon Gaming Central
RSE Remake Speculation Thread

Pokémon Gaming Central For topics that aren't necessarily restricted to one game, Pokémon Gaming Central ranges from comparing and contrasting the differences in the gaming generations to discussing the gaming franchise as a whole.
Sort Threads: Spinoff Central | Pokkén

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
  #101    
Old July 1st, 2012 (2:18 PM).
wombateiro's Avatar
wombateiro wombateiro is offline
     
    Join Date: Dec 2011
    Gender: Male
    Posts: 497
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by P0kelegend View Post
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Kerjo View Post
    Have you played B2W2 yet? If so, you must have noticed that the new areas in B2W2 have a Hoenn feel to them. I'd say the biggest hints would be the emeralds in PWT and Driftveil, Rebirth Cave, the route before Rebirth Cave, and the New town with the water Gym. They scream Hoenn.
    Very true, I don't know why I forgot about those. Then, there actually is a decent amount of hints. Rebirth cave has to be a pretty big hint IMO, there is one part in the cave with a big pool of water/magma which almost exactly resembles the caves that Groudon/Kyogre can be caught in, in Emerald. The part with the houses on top of the water in Shizui's town reminded me of Pacifidlog straight away.

    Also, the fact that a Rustboro remix was programmed into B2W2 but is not used ANYWHERE in the game could very well be some sort of evidence too. Although, I think I remember that they put a remix of Suicine's battle music in FRLG and it meant nothing but who knows.

    The hints are quite subtle, because you can't be 100% sure as to whether they thought of them as hints or not when putting them in but I'd say the ones you mentioned are very interesting and its likely that they could be hints.
    There are even more things in B2/W2 resembling Hoenn. Going through underwater to get to final gym, new Champion who used to be Gym Leader and left his/her mentor as Gym Leader, crisis and music change caused by actions of mascot Pokemon - Kyurem's ice did that in Opelucid, the same like Kyogre's/Groudon's powers in east Hoenn. Hidden Hollows in B2/W2 resemble Secret Bases in R/S/E.

    Of course all those things can be said to be coincidences, but there are so many of them that it's hard to believe Game Freak made them all without thinking about remaking R/S/E.

    Relevant Advertising!

      #102    
    Old July 1st, 2012 (9:30 PM).
    Altairis's Avatar
    Altairis Altairis is offline
    I'M ALL FIRED UP
    • Moderator
     
    Join Date: Jun 2012
    Location: database database
    Gender: Female
    Nature: Modest
    Posts: 5,008
    I feel like even though Unova is resembling Hoenn's features a lot (the stuff wombateiro just mentioned above) they're going to have to remake RSE eventually. They stopped making GBA games and Hoenn was part of the Pokemon history so they'll probably want the newer fans to experience it too. I don't think they're just going to.. forget about them.

    When the GSC games turned 10 everyone was basically begging for a remake and we got one, though that might be because the games were 2 platforms old (Gameboy Color -> Advanced -> DS iirc).

    Idk, I just feel like they're going to have to do it eventually, especially with lots of fans begging for a remake of these games, too.
    __________________

    ORAS/XYBW
      #103    
    Old July 2nd, 2012 (9:09 AM).
    OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire's Avatar
    OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire is offline
    10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
       
      Join Date: Apr 2010
      Location: Oregon
      Age: 22
      Gender: Male
      Nature: Careful
      Posts: 17,212
      We spent two generations on the Ds, so if Hoenn isn't remade this gen it will never have been in the ds rather the 3Ds which will be the handheld for Gen VI (unless Gf plans to drag on making DS games...). The rushing of this generation gives me the impression that they want to end the gen as quick as possible to start making 3DS games.

      So I'm starting to think that it will be for gen VI.
      __________________
      # TeamRowlet
      I'm currently working on some novels. If you're interested you can read them here:
      https://www.wattpad.com/user/ImperialSun
      https://www.patreon.com/ImperialSun
        #104    
      Old July 3rd, 2012 (6:18 PM). Edited July 5th, 2012 by RandomDSdevel.
      RandomDSdevel's Avatar
      RandomDSdevel RandomDSdevel is offline
      The EXP-Grinding Trainer
         
        Join Date: Jul 2012
        Location: Kokomo, IN
        Age: 22
        Gender: Male
        Nature: Quirky
        Posts: 381
        Quote:
        Originally Posted by XanderO View Post
        This broke the chain for this combo, this is why I don't think we'll be getting Gen 3 remakes until Gen 6 cause that one has a high chance of having less Gen 3 Pokemon and fits the platform pattern.
        Actually, the Pokémon generations could still remain in lockstep with the major hardware generations if GameFreak has decided to count the Nintendo DSi separately in this respect.
          #105    
        Old July 3rd, 2012 (7:06 PM).
        OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire's Avatar
        OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire is offline
        10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
           
          Join Date: Apr 2010
          Location: Oregon
          Age: 22
          Gender: Male
          Nature: Careful
          Posts: 17,212
          ^ That thought came to me but they just didn't make them DSi exclusive enough.

          Anyways on topic: What new features do you think the remakes will have? I can see walking with Pokémon returning. Also each remake has had a feature later seen in a larger form in the following gen (wi-fi in FrLg, and special Pokémon (Pokéwalker -> Dreamworld).
          __________________
          # TeamRowlet
          I'm currently working on some novels. If you're interested you can read them here:
          https://www.wattpad.com/user/ImperialSun
          https://www.patreon.com/ImperialSun
            #106    
          Old July 3rd, 2012 (9:16 PM).
          Aquacorde's Avatar
          Aquacorde Aquacorde is offline
          -- don't you dare look back
             
            Join Date: Jul 2004
            Location: Ankh-Morpork
            Age: 23
            Gender: Female
            Nature: Bold
            Posts: 10,229
            Ah well they'll definitely have some sort of GTS-type-thingy. Because that's how things go now. But the best thing imo would be a combination acro/mach bike. Which is such a dorky and minute thing. However I think it would be great, especially if they put in more stuff you could only reach with the bike. Because that kind of thing is fun. Also maybe more diving areas and more things what diving is useful for?
            __________________
            Sorley
            BEYOND

            Mihira Anand
            Journey Optional

            Roleplay Theatre
              #107    
            Old July 4th, 2012 (12:34 AM).
            Kerjo's Avatar
            Kerjo Kerjo is offline
            Dark/Ground Gym Leader
               
              Join Date: Feb 2008
              Location: Mt. Silver
              Age: 24
              Gender: Male
              Nature: Relaxed
              Posts: 317
              Quote:
              Originally Posted by wombateiro View Post
              There are even more things in B2/W2 resembling Hoenn. Going through underwater to get to final gym, new Champion who used to be Gym Leader and left his/her mentor as Gym Leader, crisis and music change caused by actions of mascot Pokemon - Kyurem's ice did that in Opelucid, the same like Kyogre's/Groudon's powers in east Hoenn. Hidden Hollows in B2/W2 resemble Secret Bases in R/S/E.

              Of course all those things can be said to be coincidences, but there are so many of them that it's hard to believe Game Freak made them all without thinking about remaking R/S/E.
              While I'm all for hints towards RSE remakes, I think some of these are more coincidences.

              One, it's not necessary to go underwater to get to the final gym, you have an option of taking the tunnel or going through the route. But this could be connected to the final town/gym type theory.

              If you played Black, Iris wasn't a gym leader so the relevance of events can't really be used. Hence why I didn't state that as Iris was already hinted at becoming stronger in BW. Still I see your point.

              Music changing can't really be a hint as in every game that has a major change happening the music changes. It goes with the mood.
              __________________
              Credit goes to Michii!


              Platinum FC: 5371-1178-0608

                #108    
              Old July 4th, 2012 (6:37 AM).
              wombateiro's Avatar
              wombateiro wombateiro is offline
                 
                Join Date: Dec 2011
                Gender: Male
                Posts: 497
                Quote:
                Originally Posted by RandomDSdevel View Post
                Actually, the Pokémon generations could stillremain in lockstep with the major hardware generations if GameFreak has decided to count the Nintendo DSi separately in this respect.
                That's what I think. Even though gen 5 can be played on old DS/DS Lite, recommended platform is DSi because of Xtransceiver. Also, gen 5 has no option to use dual-slot (dongle) mode because DSi has no GBA slot. It makes gen 5 looking even more to be made especially for DSi. If we treat gen 5 as DSi generation, R/S remakes make sense to be made in gen 5.


                Quote:
                Originally Posted by Kerjo View Post
                While I'm all for hints towards RSE remakes, I think some of these are more coincidences.

                One, it's not necessary to go underwater to get to the final gym, you have an option of taking the tunnel or going through the route. But this could be connected to the final town/gym type theory.

                If you played Black, Iris wasn't a gym leader so the relevance of events can't really be used. Hence why I didn't state that as Iris was already hinted at becoming stronger in BW. Still I see your point.

                Music changing can't really be a hint as in every game that has a major change happening the music changes. It goes with the mood.
                Actually, crisis and temporary music change caused by power of legendary Pokemon is something featured only in R/S/E and B2/W2. I don't mean short music changes at the moment while Pokemon is appearing. I mean Drought/Flood music from R/S/E and frozen Opelucid music from B2/W2.

                You're right that those things from B2/W2 aren't exactly the same like in R/S/E, but that's actually good thing because they resemble R/S/E but have their own style at the same time. Also, Hidden Hollows scream Secret Bases. I really think we should except R/S remakes in gen 5. Hoenn is being hinted in B/W/B2/W2 like Johto was being hinted in D/P/Pt.
                  #109    
                Old July 4th, 2012 (11:28 AM).
                rocky505's Avatar
                rocky505 rocky505 is offline
                <Now who's awesome!
                   
                  Join Date: Apr 2008
                  Location: Parrish, AL
                  Age: 23
                  Gender: Male
                  Nature: Relaxed
                  Posts: 1,331
                  We've had a similar thing to . Gs could be played on gameboy but were licensed as color games. Bw/b2w2 may not have dsi written on the covers but the games code shows its a dsi game.
                  __________________
                  3DS FC: 3995-6518-0794
                    #110    
                  Old July 4th, 2012 (11:56 AM).
                  OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire's Avatar
                  OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire is offline
                  10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
                     
                    Join Date: Apr 2010
                    Location: Oregon
                    Age: 22
                    Gender: Male
                    Nature: Careful
                    Posts: 17,212
                    It does, huh wasn't aware of that...well that would make possible remakes this generation fit with the remakes after 2 console.

                    I'm hoping that they allow us to travel around that somewhat large island north of the rapid water route. They could add some more routes and have a side quest in which we have to explore them. Perhaps they can hold foreign legends post game.
                    Hoenn also has the rest of the small islands which we unaccessable in gen III. Plus adding more land to explore would please those "Hoenn has too much water and not enough land" people (no not Team Magma).
                    __________________
                    # TeamRowlet
                    I'm currently working on some novels. If you're interested you can read them here:
                    https://www.wattpad.com/user/ImperialSun
                    https://www.patreon.com/ImperialSun
                      #111    
                    Old July 4th, 2012 (4:08 PM).
                    C Payne's Avatar
                    C Payne C Payne is offline
                    Hoenn in 3D!
                    • Silver Tier
                     
                    Join Date: Sep 2011
                    Location: Va
                    Gender: Male
                    Nature: Calm
                    Posts: 454
                    I think they were more irritated by the lack of Pokes found on the water routes rather than the actual routes themselves. If they expand the 'dex a little and add in some more extras throughout the water routes, that may help a lot.

                    It's nice to have a set of games that have a more vast ocean to explore, all land gets stale. That's all we've basically had aside from Gen III.

                    Making more of the previously inaccessible islands have something going on on them is interesting though.
                    __________________
                    Don't you think Hoenn deserves to be at least this beautiful?

                    Source: http://pokemon-diamond.deviantart.com/art/Hoenn-BW-styled-map-251951922
                      #112    
                    Old July 4th, 2012 (6:06 PM).
                    bwburke94's Avatar
                    bwburke94 bwburke94 is offline
                    Still Aspertia's Aspie
                       
                      Join Date: Mar 2010
                      Location: Conway, Massachusetts
                      Age: 22
                      Gender: Male
                      Nature: Lonely
                      Posts: 742
                      We don't even know if BW or BW2 are getting third versions. With that being said, Hoenn is turning 10 years old this year. BW2 was announced 5 months beforehand, so Hoenn remakes released in November or so are out of the picture. There's still a chance of a spring/summer 2013 release.
                      __________________
                      3DS Friend Code: 0645-5804-7602
                        #113    
                      Old July 4th, 2012 (6:33 PM).
                      OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire's Avatar
                      OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire is offline
                      10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
                         
                        Join Date: Apr 2010
                        Location: Oregon
                        Age: 22
                        Gender: Male
                        Nature: Careful
                        Posts: 17,212
                        My guess if they are released next year it'll be announced around March and released in September, or possibly announced in January and released in June.

                        Also if RSE remakes are coming we should look at the next Movie for possible hints, especially if a Hoenn Pokémon is playing a prominent role a la Notch ear Pichu.
                        __________________
                        # TeamRowlet
                        I'm currently working on some novels. If you're interested you can read them here:
                        https://www.wattpad.com/user/ImperialSun
                        https://www.patreon.com/ImperialSun
                          #114    
                        Old July 5th, 2012 (12:20 AM).
                        wombateiro's Avatar
                        wombateiro wombateiro is offline
                           
                          Join Date: Dec 2011
                          Gender: Male
                          Posts: 497
                          Remakes in this year aren't totally impossible. B2/W2 were announced 4 months before release. Interesting thing is that we started getting solid information only about 2 months before release. R/S remakes might be announced in August and start being promoted in September and October.
                          Maybe they are planning something like in 2004, when FR/LG got released outside Japan only 1 week before Emerald in Japan.

                          Btw, assuming World Tournament in B2/W2 is canon (because Koga is not present), and because Wallace is in Champions group, I think R/S remakes might even be in gen 5 timeline because in HG/SS Steven says he's the Champion and that he must go back to League, so he wasn't replaced by Wallace in gen 4 yet.
                            #115    
                          Old July 5th, 2012 (3:23 AM).
                          Captain Fabio's Avatar
                          Captain Fabio Captain Fabio is offline
                          • Crystal Tier
                           
                          Join Date: Apr 2006
                          Location: London, UK
                          Age: 27
                          Nature: Lax
                          Posts: 12,259
                          I have always said that there will be these remakes and most likely for the 3DS, but it won't happen for like, 2-3 years I think. The dust will have to settle around B2/W2 and then I expect to start seeing rumblings of the remakes.
                            #116    
                          Old July 5th, 2012 (4:41 AM).
                          SnowpointQuincy's Avatar
                          SnowpointQuincy SnowpointQuincy is offline
                          Seeker of FRIEND CODES
                             
                            Join Date: Jul 2008
                            Location: Texas
                            Gender: Male
                            Nature: Lonely
                            Posts: 1,284
                            Quote:
                            Originally Posted by C Payne View Post
                            I think they were more irritated by the lack of Pokes found on the water routes rather than the actual routes themselves. If they expand the 'dex a little and add in some more extras throughout the water routes, that may help a lot.

                            It's nice to have a set of games that have a more vast ocean to explore, all land gets stale. That's all we've basically had aside from Gen III.

                            Making more of the previously inaccessible islands have something going on on them is interesting though.
                            Rock pokemon are near unusable in Emerald. The 8th Gym, Champion, and the routes leading up to them are filled with water pokemon.

                            There is a clever fix water routes: Islands. Along the expansive water routes and diving spots there are islands dedicated to ALL types of pokemon, not just one type.
                            *
                            PLUS, this adds an opportunity to add SECRET islands to search for. Imagine if there where 17 islands scattered along all of the water routes of Hoenn, forcing the player to use a comination of Surf, Dive, and Waterfall to find all 17 of these legendary places.
                            *
                            And the islands themselves could be something special.
                            __________________
                              #117    
                            Old July 5th, 2012 (6:15 AM).
                            Shootingace's Avatar
                            Shootingace Shootingace is offline
                            Lord
                               
                              Join Date: Jun 2012
                              Age: 21
                              Gender: Male
                              Nature: Calm
                              Posts: 81
                              It would be cool if they made a remake of Pokemon Emerald and amplify the story so N can make his big comeback and try to capture Rayquaza and force people to release their pokemon by controlling weather or something.
                                #118    
                              Old July 5th, 2012 (6:42 AM).
                              voicerocker's Avatar
                              voicerocker voicerocker is offline
                                 
                                Join Date: Mar 2012
                                Gender: Male
                                Posts: 283
                                Here's something to think about that I read on the Bulbagarden forums.

                                Recently, a promo for next year's movie confirmed that Genesect will be in it. With Genesect being the only Pokemon left to reveal, why have they shown it almost a year in advance? Many have suggested this means that a Gen VI Pokemon will be in the movie as well, as the big star of the movies is usually revealed in February. This would allow the movie to wrap up Gen V and welcome in Gen VI kind of like the Lucario and Zoroark movies did, which would mean no remakes this time. I feel this makes sense, as there isn't a reason for Genesect to be revealed so soon unless they are planning on moving to Gen VI next year.

                                Quote:
                                Originally Posted by wombateiro View Post
                                Remakes in this year aren't totally impossible. B2/W2 were announced 4 months before release. Interesting thing is that we started getting solid information only about 2 months before release. R/S remakes might be announced in August and start being promoted in September and October.
                                I doubt it. They packed a ton of features into B2/W2, which should keep players busy for a while, or at least content. All the Legendary Pokemon, the World Tournament, it just seems like these games are serving as the grand finale of the DS games. Plus, we never know what spinoff games will come soon, which I still kind of expect a 3D battling game for the Wii or WiiU, but who knows...

                                Bt
                                Quote:
                                Originally Posted by wombateiro View Post
                                w, assuming World Tournament in B2/W2 is canon (because Koga is not present), and because Wallace is in Champions group, I think R/S remakes might even be in gen 5 timeline because in HG/SS Steven says he's the Champion and that he must go back to League, so he wasn't replaced by Wallace in gen 4 yet.
                                You can't really argue timeline because Gen V is split up between 2 years. Also, Giovanni is no longer a gym leader, so his appearance in the tournament is strictly as a former gym leader, as Blue fills that role now, yet is in the Champions Tournament. Wallace was included because he has officially served as champion before, same as Alder. If anything, it appears this Champions Tournament is for former Champions. So it would be difficult to say this is canon unless these leaders and champions don't have to have that title to participate. (Take Blue and Red, they can't both be champion because Red beat Blue for the title.)
                                __________________
                                "Believe in yourself and create your own destiny. Don't fear failure." - Only Toonami
                                =====

                                Pokemon White 2 Team:
                                  #119    
                                Old July 5th, 2012 (7:34 AM).
                                wombateiro's Avatar
                                wombateiro wombateiro is offline
                                   
                                  Join Date: Dec 2011
                                  Gender: Male
                                  Posts: 497
                                  Quote:
                                  Originally Posted by Captain Fabio View Post
                                  I have always said that there will be these remakes and most likely for the 3DS, but it won't happen for like, 2-3 years I think. The dust will have to settle around B2/W2 and then I expect to start seeing rumblings of the remakes.
                                  I think it's far too much time to release remakes 2-3 years after B2/W2, considering that gap between B/W and B2/W2 is not even 2 years. Imo remakes will be released in 2013 at the latest, although I hope for 10th anniversary release in this year.
                                    #120    
                                  Old July 5th, 2012 (7:46 AM).
                                  rocky505's Avatar
                                  rocky505 rocky505 is offline
                                  <Now who's awesome!
                                     
                                    Join Date: Apr 2008
                                    Location: Parrish, AL
                                    Age: 23
                                    Gender: Male
                                    Nature: Relaxed
                                    Posts: 1,331
                                    IMO genesect In next years movie strengthen's the possibility of no gen 6 next year. Because that will be for genesect who has yet tO be revealed, not a sixth gen Pokemon. The future gen Pokemon has tO be the main Pokemon on the movie like lugia, [email protected], Manaphy, and Zorua and zoroark. Either we're getting a new game next year or they are skipping a year like they did with emerald-> dp.
                                    __________________
                                    3DS FC: 3995-6518-0794
                                      #121    
                                    Old July 5th, 2012 (8:14 AM).
                                    RandomDSdevel's Avatar
                                    RandomDSdevel RandomDSdevel is offline
                                    The EXP-Grinding Trainer
                                       
                                      Join Date: Jul 2012
                                      Location: Kokomo, IN
                                      Age: 22
                                      Gender: Male
                                      Nature: Quirky
                                      Posts: 381
                                      Quote:
                                      Originally Posted by MiTjA View Post
                                      The initials of the dragons hint at RS? Seriously? In spanish? No Kyumerald?
                                      But what about the last two letters…?
                                        #122    
                                      Old July 5th, 2012 (8:15 AM).
                                      Sydian's Avatar
                                      Sydian Sydian is offline
                                      ≫ the emperor ≪
                                      • Super Moderator
                                      • Crystal Tier
                                       
                                      Join Date: Feb 2008
                                      Location: Alabama
                                      Age: 24
                                      Nature: Timid
                                      Posts: 31,996
                                      You can put the 10th anniversary thing to rest. It definitely won't happen this year. We're a little over halfway into 2012 and B2W2 were just released in Japan and are out in October elsewhere, which is the 10th month of the year. They wouldn't pop out another game in the remaining months I don't think. An American 10th anniversary release however, I can see happening maybe, but I won't put my bet on it.

                                      @above: There is no way the last letters in the name Kyurem should ever be considered a hint.
                                      __________________
                                      ≫ this is my other self!
                                      persona | gun
                                        #123    
                                      Old July 5th, 2012 (8:16 AM). Edited July 5th, 2012 by wombateiro.
                                      wombateiro's Avatar
                                      wombateiro wombateiro is offline
                                         
                                        Join Date: Dec 2011
                                        Gender: Male
                                        Posts: 497
                                        Quote:
                                        Originally Posted by voicerocker View Post
                                        I doubt it. They packed a ton of features into B2/W2, which should keep players busy for a while, or at least content. All the Legendary Pokemon, the World Tournament, it just seems like these games are serving as the grand finale of the DS games. Plus, we never know what spinoff games will come soon, which I still kind of expect a 3D battling game for the Wii or WiiU, but who knows...
                                        Gen 5 still lacks of full-team Gym Leader rematches and following Pokemon feature which could be saved for R/S remakes. World Tournament doesn't have to mean end of DS, because it's just "third game" addition like Battle Frontiers.


                                        Quote:
                                        Originally Posted by voicerocker View Post
                                        You can't really argue timeline because Gen V is split up between 2 years. Also, Giovanni is no longer a gym leader, so his appearance in the tournament is strictly as a former gym leader, as Blue fills that role now, yet is in the Champions Tournament. Wallace was included because he has officially served as champion before, same as Alder. If anything, it appears this Champions Tournament is for former Champions. So it would be difficult to say this is canon unless these leaders and champions don't have to have that title to participate. (Take Blue and Red, they can't both be champion because Red beat Blue for the title.)
                                        Yes, it's for former Gym Leaders and Champions, but lack of Koga makes me think it's canon because he's Elite Four now, so he can't be present as Gym Leader anymore. And because Steven introduces himself as official Champion in HG/SS, Wallace couldn't be Champion yet, meaning R/S/E around gen 5 timeline. Good reason to remake R/S in gen 5.
                                          #124    
                                        Old July 5th, 2012 (8:56 AM). Edited July 5th, 2012 by RandomDSdevel.
                                        RandomDSdevel's Avatar
                                        RandomDSdevel RandomDSdevel is offline
                                        The EXP-Grinding Trainer
                                           
                                          Join Date: Jul 2012
                                          Location: Kokomo, IN
                                          Age: 22
                                          Gender: Male
                                          Nature: Quirky
                                          Posts: 381
                                          Quote:
                                          Originally Posted by Magmaruby and Aquasapphire View Post
                                          That thought came to me but they just didn't make them DSi exclusive enough.
                                          Some DSi-exclusive features did exist in Pokémon Black and White Versions. For example, only DSi users can video chat using the Xtransceiver.

                                          Quote:
                                          Originally Posted by Magmaruby and Aquasapphire View Post
                                          Anyways on topic: What new features do you think the remakes will have? I can see walking with Pokémon returning. Also each remake has had a feature later seen in a larger form in the following gen (wi-fi in FrLg, and special Pokémon (Pokéwalker -> Dreamworld).
                                          IMHO, the Pokéwalker did NOT precede the Pokémon Dream World because of differences in gameplay, user interfacing, implementation, hardware, and synchronization services. The Pokéwalker should become the predecessor to any StreetPass features that Generation VI may come to display. But you can believe what you like…

                                          Quote:
                                          Originally Posted by EternallyAnna View Post
                                          But the best thing imo would be a combination acro/mach bike. Which is such a dorky and minute thing. However I think it would be great, especially if they put in more stuff you could only reach with the bike. Because that kind of thing is fun.
                                          I liked the geared bike from Diamond, Pearl, and Platinum. Did Ruby, Sapphire, and Emerald have puzzles requiring the use of a similar game mechanic? I don't remember much about RSE because my sister now owns my brother's copy of Sapphire, which I played such a long time ago. I really hope that RSE remakes come out soon so that I can play again…
                                            #125    
                                          Old July 5th, 2012 (9:20 AM). Edited July 5th, 2012 by C Payne.
                                          C Payne's Avatar
                                          C Payne C Payne is offline
                                          Hoenn in 3D!
                                          • Silver Tier
                                           
                                          Join Date: Sep 2011
                                          Location: Va
                                          Gender: Male
                                          Nature: Calm
                                          Posts: 454
                                          Quote:
                                          Originally Posted by SnowpointQuincy View Post
                                          Rock pokemon are near unusable in Emerald. The 8th Gym, Champion, and the routes leading up to them are filled with water pokemon.

                                          There is a clever fix water routes: Islands. Along the expansive water routes and diving spots there are islands dedicated to ALL types of pokemon, not just one type.
                                          *
                                          PLUS, this adds an opportunity to add SECRET islands to search for. Imagine if there where 17 islands scattered along all of the water routes of Hoenn, forcing the player to use a comination of Surf, Dive, and Waterfall to find all 17 of these legendary places.
                                          *
                                          And the islands themselves could be something special.
                                          I was more talking about the lack of variety in Pokemon on the water route. It wasn't that great in comparison to how vast the ocean routes were. I liked having big water routes for once, but it did make it feel a little more like a chore at times when you realize you aren't seeing too many kinds of Pokemon. This could be the time to expand on the chances of seeing others(the encounter rate was ok).

                                          The rock-type concern isn't too bad considering you can easily take out Wingull/Pelipper with rock moves and Tentacool with ground moves. I prefered Steven as champion over Wallace, so I don't know what to say about that.

                                          As for the secret islands thing, minus the Waterfall use, we already have those- The islands where you can find shards to exchange for evo stones. The idea of having more of those kinds of islands 'hidden'(so we don't ruin the ocean scene) with some extra Pokes is interesting though.


                                          Quote:
                                          Originally Posted by RandomDSdevel View Post
                                          I liked the geared bike from Diamond, Pearl, and Platinum. Did Ruby, Sapphire, and Emerald have puzzles requiring the use of a similar game mechanic? I don't remember much about RSE because my sister now owns my brother's copy of Sapphire, which I played such a long time ago. I really hope that RSE remakes come out soon so that I can play again…
                                          Yeah, the Acro Bike had the ability to do wheelies and jump, which were required for some little side puzzles like those areas accessible by going across those beams you had to jump across. The Mach bike was more about speed and had some gears, the best allowing you to ride up those mudslide looking cliffs. You had to go back to the Mauville bike store to switch between the two bikes though.
                                          __________________
                                          Don't you think Hoenn deserves to be at least this beautiful?

                                          Source: http://pokemon-diamond.deviantart.com/art/Hoenn-BW-styled-map-251951922
                                          Closed Thread
                                          Quick Reply

                                          Sponsored Links
                                          Thread Tools

                                          Posting Rules
                                          You may not post new threads
                                          You may not post replies
                                          You may not post attachments
                                          You may not edit your posts

                                          BB code is On
                                          Smilies are On
                                          [IMG] code is On
                                          HTML code is Off

                                          Forum Jump


                                          All times are GMT -8. The time now is 9:58 AM.