Fifth Generation Are Pokémon slaves to humans? Team Plasma thinks so. Travel the Unova region and prove them wrong in Black & White, and then return two years later in Black 2 & White 2.

TrollandToad.com
Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
  #26    
Old June 25th, 2012 (6:37 PM).
LonsoKitty's Avatar
LonsoKitty LonsoKitty is offline
     
    Join Date: Jun 2012
    Gender: Male
    Posts: 13
    Shouldn't it be this way?

    Relevant Advertising!

      #27    
    Old June 25th, 2012 (8:10 PM).
    Altairis's Avatar
    Altairis Altairis is offline
    take me ☆ take you
       
      Join Date: Jun 2012
      Location: database database
      Gender: Female
      Nature: Modest
      Posts: 5,137
      I like how they're introducing new methods for getting shiny Pokemon, because I think now they're realizing that people can just RNG abuse for them whenever they want so really shinies aren't that huge of a deal anymore. There's also people like me who only have none or a few shinies (a Poochyena in Emerald a few years ago, a Shellder in Silver that I couldn't catch ;_ I think this is awesome, getting them isn't ridiculously easy but it isn't extremely rare or hard.
      __________________

      ORAS/XYBW
        #28    
      Old June 26th, 2012 (8:46 PM).
      Steven's Avatar
      Steven Steven is offline
      Bubblegum Betch
      • Gold Tier
       
      Join Date: Jan 2011
      Location: Ohio
      Age: 24
      Gender: Male
      Nature: Naive
      Posts: 1,363
      Hardly. Giving a few gifts here and there don't make it any easier.

      1. The Masuda Method may lower the odds significantly, but it takes time to collect and hatch all those eggs. It took me almost four months to hatch my Shiny Snivy.
      2. The Shiny Charm does make it easier, however getting the shiny charm is very difficult. Completing the National Dex? Not hanks, that's almost 700 Pokemon.
        #29    
      Old June 26th, 2012 (8:54 PM).
      vaporeon7's Avatar
      vaporeon7 vaporeon7 is offline
      My life would suck without you
      • Crystal Tier
       
      Join Date: Aug 2010
      Location: Preparing for trouble and making it double.
      Gender: Male
      Nature: Adamant
      Posts: 5,154
      I kinda think getting shinnies has gotten too easy with all of this. After learning to RNG, shiny Pokémon became very easy to obtain, but random ones still remained important to me. Completing the National Dex isn't that big of a challenge to me (especially considering I completed my White's National Dex in the first 2 weeks because I played it non-stop) so the shiny charm will take some of the specialness out of the random ones I find.

      It's funny how I found a random shiny Poliwhirl in my Black this morning :P
      __________________
        #30    
      Old June 26th, 2012 (9:34 PM).
      Candy's Avatar
      Candy Candy is offline
      • Crystal Tier
       
      Join Date: Feb 2009
      Location: In OJ Land
      Age: 21
      Gender: Female
      Nature: Quirky
      Posts: 3,803
      Well I won't really object to the idea that shiny Pokemon becoming easier to find. After all, during my whole entire years of gameplay, the only random shinies I found were at my 3rd gen games. The rest I got through RNG abuse. MM and SR just doesn't love me. :/

      Basically, if this means that I can have a higher chance to get another random shiny, then I'm willing to risk all that playtime just to get my hands on that Shining Charm. Plus, I've always wanted to complete the National Dex, so why not? :3
      __________________

      Goddess of all things sweet




      Art Dump
      MAL
      Tumblr
      Pair
        #31    
      Old June 27th, 2012 (11:03 AM).
      Rawmanian's Avatar
      Rawmanian Rawmanian is offline
         
        Join Date: Mar 2012
        Age: 25
        Gender: Male
        Nature: Sassy
        Posts: 4
        It took me 50+ hours to hatch a shiny Vulpix using a foreign ditto. Although I did hatch a shiny hoothoot after about a few hundred eggs and a shiny female frillish on accident so I would not mind shinies becoming a little easier to obtain as long as there is still effort put into it.
          #32    
        Old June 27th, 2012 (12:13 PM).
        Draconicsoul's Avatar
        Draconicsoul Draconicsoul is offline
           
          Join Date: Jun 2012
          Age: 26
          Gender: Female
          Posts: 14
          I just hope that by the time I get my Shiny charm, I've figured out how to properly use the Masuda Method. I really want a new Shiny Seel. Haven't had one since my first Crystal file, and I really want one again. Sure, they aren't really different, but it's a matter of nostalgia.

          I had thought that the Charm made it HARDER to use the Masuda Method, but apparently I read the data wrong over on Serebii.
            #33    
          Old July 7th, 2012 (12:22 PM).
          alolan vulpix's Avatar
          alolan vulpix alolan vulpix is offline
          it me
             
            Join Date: Aug 2011
            Location: England
            Gender: Male
            Nature: Adamant
            Posts: 341
            I don't really know where I stand on this.

            At first I was unhappy, since it makes the shinies that people hunt for further cheaper - but I guess if you got them without the means that make them cheap it should be ok for one's self.

            However, I guess at the same time it's nice to finally have a reward for a full national dex.

            Either way, it'll make it yet easier to hunt and easier for those who just want a shiny. I guess it's nice they're think about what the majority want!
            __________________

            i spent too many late nights
            just thinking a hole in the earth
            credits

              #34    
            Old July 7th, 2012 (10:19 PM).
            Dinosaurs Eat at White Castle's Avatar
            Dinosaurs Eat at White Castle Dinosaurs Eat at White Castle is offline
            I like superheroes.
               
              Join Date: Jul 2012
              Age: 24
              Gender: Female
              Posts: 23
              I feel like on a whole it's gotten harder to get shinies, compared to Gen. 4. With the charms I guess it's more likely, but they'll prove to be a challenge to actually acquire. :P

              With the freebies, I don't even really count those as legit shinies, since they are 100%. I remember killing the red Gyarados plenty of times haha.

              In D/P/Pt, the pokeradar made it relatively easy, at least for me, to get quite a few shinies.
                #35    
              Old July 7th, 2012 (11:41 PM).
              :)Mareep:) :)Mareep:) is offline
                 
                Join Date: Jul 2012
                Posts: 8
                For me, Shinys are near impossible to catch! The only one I've ever caught is the Shiny Gyarados in Soul Silver!
                  #36    
                Old July 8th, 2012 (2:51 AM).
                skyluigi2's Avatar
                skyluigi2 skyluigi2 is offline
                L-let's a-go...!
                • Silver Tier
                 
                Join Date: Sep 2009
                Location: United Kingdom
                Age: 21
                Gender: Male
                Nature: Jolly
                Posts: 964
                I really wouldn't say easier...
                I haven't found a single shiny Pokemon since Gen 2, even with all the Pokeradars and such.
                __________________


                ☆ 3DS FC: 5069-3912-3062
                ☆ NNID: skyluigi
                ☆ PSN ID: Jellygamer
                ☆ Let me know if you've added me!

                ☆ Next most anticipated game(s): Super Mario Maker, Yo-Kai Watch and Little Battlers eXperience

                ☆ Currently playing: Mario & Luigi: Dream Team Bros. and Yoshi's Woolly World

                ☆ I'm known on Twitter as skyluigi2 as well

                ☆ Paired with Tsutarja


                  #37    
                Old July 10th, 2012 (5:59 PM).
                Pinta77's Avatar
                Pinta77 Pinta77 is offline
                Swadloon Trainer
                • Silver Tier
                 
                Join Date: Nov 2008
                Location: San Jose
                Age: 22
                Gender: Male
                Posts: 703
                It seems like the newer the game, the easier shinies are to get. I found one in crystal. I never found any in the gba series. I found A LOT in diamond, and me and my brother each found a shiny around the beggening of soul silver. But then none in black and white :/ and i havent played black2 or white2. So i dunno, i think as far as numbers go, its easier. They need to do something about action replays though >.
                  #38    
                Old July 11th, 2012 (1:56 AM).
                simons545's Avatar
                simons545 simons545 is offline
                Aspiring Master
                   
                  Join Date: Jun 2012
                  Location: Ireland ;)
                  Gender: Male
                  Nature: Calm
                  Posts: 13
                  Hmm have caught a few shiney pokemon throughout the gens, but unsurprisingly they were nearly all rubbish have come across one or two in each game.
                  Found a shiny goldeen in cerulean city while fishing randomly...ran out of poké balls...
                  crystal:found a shiny quilfish :'( another poké i hate using
                  Ruby:My first usable shiny! trapinch whooooooooooooooooo. Now on my platinum game card neutral natured.
                  Sapphire: Magnemite in mauville (now magnezone on platinum)
                  emerald:none
                  Diamond:none
                  Pearl:bronzong
                  Platinum: chansey on route 12!
                  Black:none
                  White: none
                  Black 2Currently playing through)Audino in castelia gardens! shaking grass grinding
                  ps for those of you like me oblivious to the fact that you can catch a riolu. You can get on lv5,7 in sangi ranch 5% catch rate though. Its worth it
                  __________________
                  Knowledge is never a burden


                  Current Pokémon Black 2:
                  Monobug
                    #39    
                  Old July 11th, 2012 (2:34 AM).
                  SnowpointQuincy's Avatar
                  SnowpointQuincy SnowpointQuincy is offline
                  Seeker of FRIEND CODES
                     
                    Join Date: Jul 2008
                    Location: Texas
                    Gender: Male
                    Nature: Lonely
                    Posts: 1,285
                    600 hours of Diamond

                    500 Hours of Pearl

                    300 Hours of Black

                    After One Thousand Four Hundred Hours total I have 3 legit shinys.

                    Why are they even part of the fu--ing game if you see ONE every THOUSAND HOURS?

                    I'm not angry, I'm just saying that making Shiny pokemon more accessible motivates players to obtain them. Good game design, by definition, is design that motivates you to play them game.

                    Pokemon has always been a game for children. Do they know how to RNG Abuse to get shinys? Hell, They could play for a thousand hours and NEVER even know they EXIST.

                    Recognize good game design when you see it. The game's target audience is still 10 years old. You can see that in every facet of design.
                    __________________
                      #40    
                    Old July 11th, 2012 (7:56 AM).
                    Lt. Col. Fantastic's Avatar
                    Lt. Col. Fantastic Lt. Col. Fantastic is offline
                    The Arianator
                       
                      Join Date: Apr 2012
                      Location: America
                      Age: 21
                      Gender: Male
                      Nature: Sassy
                      Posts: 698
                      The only shiny pokemon I have caught (besides red gyarados in silver) was a burmy in pearl, and kyogre in emerald. (talk about luck)

                      But with all of these new methods, I'd say its going to be easier to catch shinies. (I only played through black once, so Idk if it actually is)
                      __________________


                      Mr. Aladdin sir! Have a wish or two or three!
                        #41    
                      Old July 11th, 2012 (8:52 AM).
                      Blue's Avatar
                      Blue Blue is offline
                      problematic
                      • Moderator
                      • Platinum Tier
                       
                      Join Date: Jan 2008
                      Location: United Kingdom
                      Gender: Male
                      Nature: Relaxed
                      Posts: 20,251
                      Well so they should, it should be hard but not excruciating and time consumingly hard because IIRC there's a 1 in 8736 chance or something like that and I myself after playing for 13 years have only found one legitimately.
                      __________________
                        #42    
                      Old July 11th, 2012 (12:17 PM).
                      Birthday Thunder's Avatar
                      Birthday Thunder Birthday Thunder is offline
                      Venus (Event Archivist)
                         
                        Join Date: Apr 2010
                        Location: Charmed Ridge
                        Age: 26
                        Nature: Lonely
                        Posts: 247
                        For anybody saying that the newer the game, the easier the shinies are able to get is wrong. Every game in the series has a 1/8192 chance of encountering a shiny pokemon, wether it be in the wild or through interactibility (ie picking a starter or encountering a stationary legendary) The only thing that has changed this formula is the masuda method introduced in generation 4, which was already stated to be a reason for people to want to use the GTS. I mean come on, who wouldn't want to get a shiny pokemon very easily (1/2048 by hatching eggs) by just trading somebody in japan for their ditto? lol

                        As for the shiny charm, I think that thing is absolute garbage and stupidity. As others have said in this thread, shinies were never supposed to be some main thing in the game, just another extra cool game mechanic for those who wanted to dedicate their time to it. As I am a shiny hunter, and have spent alot of time SRing, REing and MMing for my shinies, this charm that allows people to pretty much get a shiny whenever they want is such a slap in the face to me from gamefreak. Not to mention the two free shinies you can get in game with very little effort. It makes me sick. The lake of rage Gyarados was a vital point in the story line and is the only justified shiny that should have been given to us. The haxorus and gible/dratini serve no purpose other than for everybody just to have a shiny they dont really deserve.

                        I know I'm not alone in what I think but these were just my thoughts on the subject. I'm sure those people who have spent their time hatching a thousand axew eggs and got their shiny, or the people who encountered thousands of pokemon just to get their random shiny gible are going to feel really good about all the work they did when everybody else has a free shiny axew/gible for no effort at all. Have fun with that. I still am going to shiny hunt till the last pokemon game, but it feels like my efforts these past two years are going to waste in this new game. Hopefully they don't bring the shiny charm back in the next game.
                        __________________

                        3DS FC: 2766 8490 0653 // In Game Names: Evangeline(X) Lady venus(Y) Miss Venus(ORAS)
                          #43    
                        Old July 11th, 2012 (12:32 PM).
                        SnowpointQuincy's Avatar
                        SnowpointQuincy SnowpointQuincy is offline
                        Seeker of FRIEND CODES
                           
                          Join Date: Jul 2008
                          Location: Texas
                          Gender: Male
                          Nature: Lonely
                          Posts: 1,285
                          Quote:
                          Originally Posted by Suicune™ View Post
                          I myself after playing for 13 years have only found one legitimately.
                          Why are shinys even part of the game if this happens?

                          Catching 649 Pokemon is no small task. Don't pretend that people can just Trade 600 mons from one cartridge to another, or AR them all at a moments notice. People who want to cheat to get shinys will just go to pokecheck.org and download them instantly.

                          People who play by the rule will be rewarded for catching all 649 Pokemon.


                          DO YOU HEAR THIS? Game Freak is giving LEGITIMATE REWARDS for completing the Pokedex.

                          The shiny charm isn't given to you for free like Platinum Villa, you have to EARN it. And that makes all the difference.
                          __________________
                            #44    
                          Old July 11th, 2012 (12:54 PM).
                          Xander Olivieri's Avatar
                          Xander Olivieri Xander Olivieri is offline
                             
                            Join Date: Jun 2010
                            Gender: Other
                            Nature: Hasty
                            Posts: 5,601
                            Pretty much what SnowpointQuincy said. Its no easy feat to get the Shiny Charm. Nor is it easy to get the two in game Shiny Pokemon. Banjiro is fairly hard to get to unless you are familiar enough with how to battle in these kinda battles (Battle Tower and the like) Most recreational players probably wouldn't get that far into it just for a Shiny Dragon at level 1.

                            Haxorus can't be visited until you get to a certain Pokedex achievement which is still difficult to do unless you are really good at trading or own two different copies and have a lot of time on your hands.

                            Even with the Charm's effect, its still plenty hard to get a Shiny Pokemon. I've bred tens of thousands of eggs with a Japanese Ditto in Pearl all the way to Black and never have gotten a Shiny through it. I caught 1 Shiny in every generation that Shinys were available.
                            Drowzee in Gen 2
                            Wurmple in Gen 3
                            Shinx in Gen 4
                            Tympole in Gen 5

                            The last happened a few weeks ago. I breed about 10 - 15 eggs a day for personal use and sometimes to shiny hunt. While the Charm makes it a bit easier, I'm still not guaranteed a shiny encounter easily, I still have to work to get them.
                            __________________
                              #45    
                            Old July 11th, 2012 (1:15 PM).
                            IPsychoEnigmaI's Avatar
                            IPsychoEnigmaI IPsychoEnigmaI is offline
                               
                              Join Date: Jun 2012
                              Gender: Male
                              Posts: 5
                              I personally don't mind if shiny Pokemon become easier to find or not, after all I have only ever caught on shiny in Emerald (surskit). I also think that shiny Pokemon look worse than the normal coloured Pokemon. We'll just have to see when the shiny hunters set ou to catch them.
                                #46    
                              Old July 11th, 2012 (1:59 PM).
                              Kenmoor Kenmoor is offline
                                 
                                Join Date: Apr 2012
                                Location: America
                                Gender: Male
                                Nature: Relaxed
                                Posts: 109
                                I've only found one shiny which was a Blue Voltorb in my Emerald game (caught in New Mauville) and I didn't even know what a shiny was. I just caught it just 'cause "...it looks special..." Though now I really don't care if I get a better chance to catch a shiny. I see no real value in them.
                                Seems to me that they're getting easier to catch/encounter but not necessarily enough that you could have a shiny collection, if you did it legit.
                                  #47    
                                Old July 11th, 2012 (2:23 PM).
                                Mystery Soul Mystery Soul is offline
                                Idea Ghost
                                   
                                  Join Date: Dec 2008
                                  Location: My house now stop stalking me.
                                  Age: 23
                                  Gender:
                                  Nature: Calm
                                  Posts: 110
                                  Quote:
                                  Originally Posted by Birthday Thunder View Post
                                  For anybody saying that the newer the game, the easier the shinies are able to get is wrong. Every game in the series has a 1/8192 chance of encountering a shiny pokemon, wether it be in the wild or through interactibility (ie picking a starter or encountering a stationary legendary) The only thing that has changed this formula is the masuda method introduced in generation 4, which was already stated to be a reason for people to want to use the GTS. I mean come on, who wouldn't want to get a shiny pokemon very easily (1/2048 by hatching eggs) by just trading somebody in japan for their ditto? lol

                                  As for the shiny charm, I think that thing is absolute garbage and stupidity. As others have said in this thread, shinies were never supposed to be some main thing in the game, just another extra cool game mechanic for those who wanted to dedicate their time to it. As I am a shiny hunter, and have spent alot of time SRing, REing and MMing for my shinies, this charm that allows people to pretty much get a shiny whenever they want is such a slap in the face to me from gamefreak. Not to mention the two free shinies you can get in game with very little effort. It makes me sick. The lake of rage Gyarados was a vital point in the story line and is the only justified shiny that should have been given to us. The haxorus and gible/dratini serve no purpose other than for everybody just to have a shiny they dont really deserve.

                                  I know I'm not alone in what I think but these were just my thoughts on the subject. I'm sure those people who have spent their time hatching a thousand axew eggs and got their shiny, or the people who encountered thousands of pokemon just to get their random shiny gible are going to feel really good about all the work they did when everybody else has a free shiny axew/gible for no effort at all. Have fun with that. I still am going to shiny hunt till the last pokemon game, but it feels like my efforts these past two years are going to waste in this new game. Hopefully they don't bring the shiny charm back in the next game.
                                  Dude, take a pill >.> It's a KIDS' game. Shinies have always been those aggravating things that no one really expects to find and the ones who go out of their way to find them obviously have a lot of time on their hands.

                                  You have a problem with the Shining Charm? It requires you to have seen all 649 Pokemon in the National Dex. Now, you tell me what's easier: Trading over, evolving, and breeding ALL those Pokemon, or hunting a shiny? I think the choice is obvious. And it only cuts the chances down by a third anyways! That's still a 1/2370 chance. And no, that doesn't mean you'll be guaranteed to find one. You can go through 27370 random encounters and STILL never see a Shiny with the charm. As for the Masuda method, it cuts it down to 1/1365 eggs. Which, again, has no guarantee that you'll hatch a shiny in those 1365.

                                  So untwist your undies, cuz it really doesn't have a significant difference in the long-run. And as for the shinies that require no effort? Whoop-dee-friggin-doo. Excuse GF for trying to reward its gamers. The Gible/Dratini requires you to defeat Black Skyscraper/White Tree Hollow. And the Haxourus? You need to see every Pokemon in the Unova Dex, which isn't much easier than trying to obtain the Shining Charm. If you can do what's required, then you are totally entitled to those shinies and the Charm.

                                  So, in short: You are wrong for saying we don't deserve shinies just because they're given to us or because we use an item.

                                  Thank you, have a nice day, and maybe drink some tea before you post~
                                    #48    
                                  Old July 11th, 2012 (2:47 PM).
                                  Skitty1's Avatar
                                  Skitty1 Skitty1 is offline
                                  Highlight my signature :)
                                     
                                    Join Date: Mar 2012
                                    Posts: 172
                                    Where is G-Money when we need him (or her?)?!

                                    P.S. in case you did not know he/she runs the shiny Pokemon club and he has helped me [try] to find a few Pokemon before. He should be here

                                    EDIT: @OP it is still hard to get a shiny - maybe not as hard but still.
                                    __________________
                                    made by R a c h e l
                                      #49    
                                    Old July 11th, 2012 (2:58 PM).
                                    countryemo's Avatar
                                    countryemo countryemo is offline
                                    Kicking against the earth!
                                    • Silver Tier
                                     
                                    Join Date: Dec 2009
                                    Location: Littleroot Town
                                    Age: 23
                                    Gender: Male
                                    Nature: Quiet
                                    Posts: 2,353
                                    Shiny Pokemon are easier? I haven't seen a single one.
                                    __________________
                                      #50    
                                    Old July 12th, 2012 (7:09 PM).
                                    Birthday Thunder's Avatar
                                    Birthday Thunder Birthday Thunder is offline
                                    Venus (Event Archivist)
                                       
                                      Join Date: Apr 2010
                                      Location: Charmed Ridge
                                      Age: 26
                                      Nature: Lonely
                                      Posts: 247
                                      Quote:
                                      Originally Posted by Mystery Soul View Post
                                      Dude, take a pill >.> It's a KIDS' game. Shinies have always been those aggravating things that no one really expects to find and the ones who go out of their way to find them obviously have a lot of time on their hands.

                                      You have a problem with the Shining Charm? It requires you to have seen all 649 Pokemon in the National Dex. Now, you tell me what's easier: Trading over, evolving, and breeding ALL those Pokemon, or hunting a shiny? I think the choice is obvious. And it only cuts the chances down by a third anyways! That's still a 1/2370 chance. And no, that doesn't mean you'll be guaranteed to find one. You can go through 27370 random encounters and STILL never see a Shiny with the charm. As for the Masuda method, it cuts it down to 1/1365 eggs. Which, again, has no guarantee that you'll hatch a shiny in those 1365.

                                      So untwist your undies, cuz it really doesn't have a significant difference in the long-run. And as for the shinies that require no effort? Whoop-dee-friggin-doo. Excuse GF for trying to reward its gamers. The Gible/Dratini requires you to defeat Black Skyscraper/White Tree Hollow. And the Haxourus? You need to see every Pokemon in the Unova Dex, which isn't much easier than trying to obtain the Shining Charm. If you can do what's required, then you are totally entitled to those shinies and the Charm.

                                      So, in short: You are wrong for saying we don't deserve shinies just because they're given to us or because we use an item.

                                      Thank you, have a nice day, and maybe drink some tea before you post~
                                      I think you took my post a little too seriously there friend. ^__^ I'm so sorry that my opinion generated such a reaction from you. That's not what I meant for it to do, as I strictly remember the OP asking what our individual thoughts were on the shiny charm. All I did was state my opinion, and what do you know? I get flamed for it.

                                      I can tell your one of those people who expect to get a shiny with no REAL effort and are probably looking forward to the charm, and that's ok with me. You don't need to defend yourself by calling the game a kids game or implying that I have no life because I hunt for the shinies during long road trips or while I'm watching TV. Yeah, that really sounds like I'm a hermit who's life revolves around pokemon.

                                      All in all, I dont want to start an argument with you. We both have our opinions and I respect you for yours. Please just remember not to call me out for following the thread's rules next time OK? ^__~
                                      __________________

                                      3DS FC: 2766 8490 0653 // In Game Names: Evangeline(X) Lady venus(Y) Miss Venus(ORAS)
                                      Closed Thread

                                      Quick Reply

                                      Join the conversation!

                                      Create an account to post a reply in this thread, participate in other discussions, and more!

                                      Create a PokéCommunity Account

                                      Sponsored Links
                                      Thread Tools

                                      Posting Rules
                                      You may not post new threads
                                      You may not post replies
                                      You may not post attachments
                                      You may not edit your posts

                                      BB code is On
                                      Smilies are On
                                      [IMG] code is On
                                      HTML code is Off

                                      Forum Jump


                                      All times are GMT -8. The time now is 11:34 AM.