• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.

The Team Rocket Challenge!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Seen Jul 22, 2014
Welcome all to the Team Rocket Challenge, originally created by TR-Giovanni.
As the name may suggest, you basically play your game(s) while acting like a Team Rocket member would.

RULES:
Spoiler:

Emulators are allowed, including the use of the speed button.
Fan-made games are allowed also.
As with many other challenges, HM Slaves are available to be used, but a maximum of two. This means that your other Pokemon may need to learn HM moves.
In-game trades are allowed (e.g. G/S/C/HG/SS Violet City give kid a Bellsprout for an Onix).

ULTIMATE CHALLENGE
Basically, the Ultimate Challenge is where you play a game from each region. This means: R/B/Y/FR/LG, G/S/C/HG/SS, R/S/E, D/P/Pt, B/W/B2/W2.
Note that if you do decide to do the Ultimate Challenge, you can play the games in any order.

SIGN-UP FORM:
Spoiler:

CHALLENGERS

R/B/Y/FR/LG
personz5 - Fire Red
Rafael P - Yellow
Myrrhman - Red
ChaoticLapras - Red
Spyrover - Yellow

G/S/C/HG/SS
Spyrover - Gold

R/S/E
Charlie Brown - Ruby
Spyrover - Emerald
Lunacrest - Sapphire

D/P/Pt
MrRocket515 - Platinum

B/W/B2/W2
Zagan - White

Fan-made Games
None

ULTIMATE CHALLENGERS
Seraphimon-sama (FireRed, Storm Silver, Expert Emerald, Sol Platinum, Black 2)
codylynn94 (Yellow, Crystal, Emerald, Platinum, White)
DarkChibimon (Fire Red, Heart Gold, Emerald, Platinum, Black)
GoldMoonWizard (Yellow, Crystal, Emerald, Platinum, White)

CHAMPIONS
TR-Giovanni (Pearl)

ULTIMATE CHAMPIONS
None

EDIT: I just realised that I am going to have a lot of trouble with Storm Silver because all Pokemon are available in-game and to catch the Original One, I need to have caught all other Pokemon first.

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Jul 22, 2014
Ok since I'm the one who created the challenge on this forum, I might as well post my first update for it.

-Got Pikachu from Oak
-Fried Duskmon's Eevee
-Pikachu learned Tail Whip
NB: Duskmon is my Rival.
-Pikachu learned Thunder Wave
-Got to Viridian City
-Received Oak's Parcel
-Delivered Oak's Parcel and got Pokedex
-Received Town Map
-Bought some Pokeballs
-Caught Nidoran (M, Lv. 4)
-Zapped Duskmon's Spearow and Eevee
-Stole a Nidoran (F, Lv. 6) from a Lass in the Viridian Forest
-Pikachu learned Quick Attack
-Beat all Trainers in Viridian Forest
-Got to Pewter City
-Healed team then trained up outside Pewter
-Caught Rattata (Lv. 3)
-Male Nidoran learned Horn Attack
-Defeated Jr. Trainer in Pewter Gym
-M-Nidoran (Male Nidoran) learned Double Kick
-Beat Brock and got TM34 Bide
-Stole Ekans from a Youngster in Route 3
-M-Nidoran evolved into Nidorino
-Route 3 completed
-Nidorino learned Water Gun
-Nidorino learned Poison Sting
-Nidorino evolved into Nidoking
-Nidoking learned Mega Punch
-Obtained Dome Fossil
-Beat Team Rocket's Ekans and Meowth and stole their Koffing
-Mt. Moon completed
-Arrived in Cerulean City
-Deposited F-Nidoran and Ekans into the PC
-Defeated both Gym Trainers in the Cerulean Gym
-Saved progress for now

Pokemon:

In Team
Pikachu Lv.14 Thundershock, Quick Attack, Tail Whip, Thunder Wave
Nidoking Lv.22 Poison Sting, Mega Punch, Horn Attack, Double Kick
Rattata Lv.3 Tackle, Tail Whip
Koffing Lv.14 Tackle, Smog

In PC
F-Nidoran Lv.7 Growl, Tackle
Ekans Lv.11 Wrap, Leer, Poison Sting

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Dec 19, 2015
Username/Trainer Name: jack
Ultimate: yes
Game(s): yellow, crystal, emerald, platinum, white

woke up ready to steal pokemon!
went to the lab about to grab eevee when gary got it first... ill get him back soon enough.
stole pikachu and named him bolt
returned oaks parcel
found Gary and took back that eevee and named her vee
got a nidoran and messed up naming him spikf

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Jul 22, 2014
Username/Trainer Name: jack
Ultimate: yes
Game(s): yellow, crystal, emerald, platinum, white

woke up ready to steal pokemon!
went to the lab about to grab eevee when gary got it first... ill get him back soon enough.
stole pikachu and named him bolt
returned oaks parcel
found Gary and took back that eevee and named her vee
got a nidoran and messed up naming him spikf

ACCEPTED! Welcome to the challenge!

EDIT: Time for my second update!

-Found out that the PokeMart had a hidden stash of Master Balls and threatened the shopkeeper until he gave me some (GameShark)
-Stole Misty's Starmie and got the Cascade Badge plus TM11 Bubblebeam for it
-Stole a Bulbasaur
-Nidoking learned Thrash
-Stole Duskmon's Eevee
-Deposited Rattata for Eevee
-Starmie learned Bubblebeam
-Stole a random Trainer's Pidgey
-Stole a Charmander
-Starmie learned Thunder Wave
-Nidoking learned Seismic Toss
-Stole Bill's S.S. Ticket
-Stole a Drowzee from a fake Rocket Grunt
-Arrived in Vermillion City
-Swapped Pikachu and Koffing for Pidgey and Drowzee
-Stole Rare Candies from Vermillion City PokeMart (GameShark)
-Pidgey evolved into Pidgeotto
-Drowzee learned Headbutt
-Drowzee evolved into Hypno
-Bulbasaur learned Vine Whip
-Bulbasaur evolved into Ivysaur
-Ivysaur learned Razor Leaf
-Eevee learned Quick Attack
-Eevee learned Bite
-Pidgeotto learned Whirlwind
-Stole a Cubone
-Swapped Ivysaur for Cubone
-Traded Cubone for Machoke
-Machoke evolved into Machamp
-Swapped Machamp for Ivysaur
-Released Machamp
-Eevee learned Body Slam
-Wiped out all trainers in Route 6 and S.S. Anne
-Stole HM01 Cut
-Ivysaur learned Cut
-Stole Bike Voucher
-Stole the ThunderBadge and TM24 Thunderbolt
-Saved progress for now

Team:

Nidoking Lv.40 Thrash, Mega Punch, Seismic Toss, Double Kick
Starmie Lv.30 (Originally Misty's) Tackle, Water Gun, Thunder Wave, Bubblebeam
Eevee Lv.30 (Originally Duskmon's) Tackle, Body Slam, Quick Attack, Bite
Pidgeotto Lv.30 (Originally Jr. Trainer's) Gust, Sand-Attack, Quick Attack, Whirlwind
Hypno Lv.30 (Originally fake Rocket Grunt's) Headbutt, Hypnosis, Disable, Confusion
Ivysaur Lv.30 (Originally some random person's) Razor Leaf, Cut, Leech Seed, Vine Whip

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Feb 6, 2013
I beg your pardon? Did you claim to have created this challenge? I beg to differ, for unless you're a split personality I was not aware I had, you are not the creator.

I appreciate that you like the challenge enough to want to try it and spread it, but please don't take credit for something you didn't make. You did add a few rules, such as allowing in-game trades and treating gifts as stolen, but that doesn't make you the creator of the challenge.

Of course, anyone can claim to have made it up, so I will offer some proof. I first created this challenge for my Team Rocket Facebook group, and while I cannot post links yet, it can be found at Facebook .com / groups / PrepareForTrouble (with the spaces removed). You'll see that the date it was posted predates this thread. You can also find it on memebase, where I submitted it: hcheezburger .com/ 6411112704 (again, with the spaces removed).

Although for what it's worth, I've been playing this on my Pearl version. My current team consists of Infernape, Golem, Crobat, Mismagius, Drapion, and Persian.

Years
  • Seen Jul 22, 2014
I beg your pardon? Did you claim to have created this challenge? I beg to differ, for unless you're a split personality I was not aware I had, you are not the creator.

I appreciate that you like the challenge enough to want to try it and spread it, but please don't take credit for something you didn't make. You did add a few rules, such as allowing in-game trades and treating gifts as stolen, but that doesn't make you the creator of the challenge.

Of course, anyone can claim to have made it up, so I will offer some proof. I first created this challenge for my Team Rocket Facebook group, and while I cannot post links yet, it can be found at Facebook .com / groups / PrepareForTrouble (with the spaces removed). You'll see that the date it was posted predates this thread. You can also find it on memebase, where I submitted it: hcheezburger .com/ 6411112704 (again, with the spaces removed).

Although for what it's worth, I've been playing this on my Pearl version. My current team consists of Infernape, Golem, Crobat, Mismagius, Drapion, and Persian.

Sorry about that TR-Giovanni. I'll fix the OP now

Years
  • Seen Feb 6, 2013
Sorry about that TR-Giovanni. I'll fix the OP now

Thank you, I appreciate your cooperation.

Now that that's taken care of, good luck with the rest of the challenge, I look forward to seeing everyone's progress.

As for myself, I'm nearly through Victory Road. The "no leaving an area until all other trainers are defeated" makes it so I can't leave and heal when the opponent gets a lucky crit, or my team starts getting worn down, but I stocked up on healing items for this. Mismagius has an edge against most of the wild Pokemon, but a trainer's Empoleon proved troublesome with resistances to most of my team's moves. Not too troublesome, of course.

The exit is in sight, but I have to backtrack to defeat any trainers I missed. They'll all learn the might of Team Rocket before I take on the Pokemon League.

Zagan

King of Demons
Years
  • Age 34
  • UK
  • Seen Jun 20, 2015
Ok, before i sign up, I would like to ask a question as I am not 100% sure I understand right,

how do you 'steal' a pokemon? (I am assuming that you need the cheat device to steal another trainers pokemon)

If you are given (stolen) a pokemon that is not of the types listed (exaple: one of the element monkies) you can use it until it faints?

Why only those types listed?

Ty in advance

Zagan

King of Demons
Years
  • Age 34
  • UK
  • Seen Jun 20, 2015
I wont start till im accepted tho :)

Username/Trainer Name: Zagan (when i restart, im naming myself Zagan)
Ultimate: not for now
Game(s): White

Triple edit: Started again (still same info as above)

• Acquired Snivey
  • Battled Chen and Bianca for the first time, I was nice, they got to keep their new pokemon
  • got the stuff from Juniper and The boss (mom) and started journey, beat up some wild pokemon
  • got to Accumala Town, looked around the Pokemon Centre, No Pokemon to steal
  • Battled some random nutjob called N after listening to some other Nutjobs calling themselves Team Plasma
  • Traveled through route 2, beat up a few trainer pokemon, nothing special to steal
  • Battled Bianca for the second time, stole her Oshawott
  • tried looking for the gym leader, met Chen again, battled him and stole his tepig
  • traveled to the dreamyard, beat up some more trainer pokemon, nothing but Purrlions, Patrats and Lillipups, nothing worth stealing >.<
  • Acquired a Panpour
  • currently in training to take the first gym by storm
Update 2:

• Got the first badge, stole Chili's pansage
  • tried being noble, saved a Munna from team plasma and beat a couple of grunts silly. during this fight Panpour got free, damn monkey
  • travelled onwards from Striaton City to Route 3, beat some trainers and stole another Panpour

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Feb 6, 2013
Ok, before i sign up, I would like to ask a question as I am not 100% sure I understand right,

how do you 'steal' a pokemon? (I am assuming that you need the cheat device to steal another trainers pokemon)

If you are given (stolen) a pokemon that is not of the types listed (exaple: one of the element monkies) you can use it until it faints?

Why only those types listed?

Ty in advance

To steal a Pokemon you would need a cheating device such as Action Replay.

That's up to the player; if you treat it as a stolen Pokemon, you can use it until it faints. If you don't, then you can't use it.

Those are the types traditionally used by the teams; the more evil-seeming Pokemon, as it were, or at least the types commonly seen used by Team Rocket. Ground is included because Giovanni runs the ground-type gym in Viridian City.

@ bwburke94: Wobbuffet, while not listed on the types, is associated with TR enough to allow it, but preferably if the player uses the name "Jessie."

Charlie Brown

[font=lato]coolcoolcool[/font]
Years
Username/Trainer Name: Charlie Brown / James*
Ultimate: No thanks
Game(s): Ruby

I saw this on another forum and I signed up for it there, so I'll post my updates here as well (if I remember). I'm currently doing another challenge on Ruby so it'll be a while before I start though, unfortunately.

*because James is amazing ok

myrrhman

Challenge God
Years
I'm going to go ahead and sign up for this.

Name: Myrrhman/A
Ultimate: At the moment, no. I do lots of challenges though, so I might eventually change it to an ultimate.
Game: Red

And I'm cocky enough to tell you my team: Nidoking and Misty's Starmie.

Don't know why I'm editing as I go, but Update 1:
Got Bulbasaur, beat Blue, got Nidoran M, beat Blue, Nidoran M evolved.
Update 2:
Beat Brock, Nidorino Evolved, Taught Nidoking Water Gun, Caught Starmie, Beat Misty, Beat Blue.

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Jul 22, 2014
Been very busy with other things lately so I haven't had time to update so let's get started.

username:personz5
Ultimate:no(idk waht this is for)
game:Fire Red

First off, as I stated in the OP, Ultimate Mode is doing the challenge in all five regions e.g. Yellow, Crystal, Emerald, Platinum, Black. But anyway, welcome to the challenge!

username: Rafael p Ultimate: no game:Yellow

Ok you've been accepted so welcome!

While no one would ever use it, should Wobbuffet be allowed for the same reason as Meowth/Lickitung?

You raise a good point with Wobbuffet. Ok I will edit the OP so everyone can use Wobbuffet.

I wont start till im accepted tho :)

Username/Trainer Name: Zagan (when i restart, im naming myself Zagan)
Ultimate: not for now
Game(s): White

Triple edit: Started again (still same info as above)

• Acquired Snivey
  • Battled Chen and Bianca for the first time, I was nice, they got to keep their new pokemon
  • got the stuff from Juniper and The boss (mom) and started journey, beat up some wild pokemon
  • got to Accumala Town, looked around the Pokemon Centre, No Pokemon to steal
  • Battled some random nutjob called N after listening to some other Nutjobs calling themselves Team Plasma
  • Traveled through route 2, beat up a few trainer pokemon, nothing special to steal
  • Battled Bianca for the second time, stole her Oshawott
  • tried looking for the gym leader, met Chen again, battled him and stole his tepig
  • traveled to the dreamyard, beat up some more trainer pokemon, nothing but Purrlions, Patrats and Lillipups, nothing worth stealing >.<
  • Acquired a Panpour
  • currently in training to take the first gym by storm
Update 2:

• Got the first badge, stole Chili's pansage
  • tried being noble, saved a Munna from team plasma and beat a couple of grunts silly. during this fight Panpour got free, damn monkey
  • travelled onwards from Striaton City to Route 3, beat some trainers and stole another Panpour

Good to see you acting like a true member of Team Rocket. Welcome to the challenge.

Username/Trainer Name: Charlie Brown / James*
Ultimate: No thanks
Game(s): Ruby

I saw this on another forum and I signed up for it there, so I'll post my updates here as well (if I remember). I'm currently doing another challenge on Ruby so it'll be a while before I start though, unfortunately.

*because James is amazing ok

Well, I wasn't expecting this challenge to be on another forum but as I'm only in control of it on this forum, that's fine. Welcome to the challenge.

I'm going to go ahead and sign up for this.

Name: Myrrhman/A
Ultimate: At the moment, no. I do lots of challenges though, so I might eventually change it to an ultimate.
Game: Red

And I'm cocky enough to tell you my team: Nidoking and Misty's Starmie.

Don't know why I'm editing as I go, but Update 1:
Got Bulbasaur, beat Blue, got Nidoran M, beat Blue, Nidoran M evolved.
Update 2:
Beat Brock, Nidorino Evolved, Taught Nidoking Water Gun, Caught Starmie, Beat Misty, Beat Blue.

I know exactly what you mean with doing lots of challenges so that's ok. Wlecome to the challenge.

Zagan

King of Demons
Years
  • Age 34
  • UK
  • Seen Jun 20, 2015
Ive had to play normally for a bit cause I just got a 3ds and i cant use AR, so im at driftvale about to take out Clay

Team:
Pignite (traded)
Servine (original starter)
Dewott (Biancas)
Pansear (Chili's)
Panpour(random traner)
Druddigun (traded)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back