• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.

What's your favorite Pokémon [of Each Type]?

Frazzevous

Impulsive lil' kitty
Years
My overall favorite changes from time to time, and I hate it. -.- But right now, it's Glameow. I like its slight resemblance to the Russian Blue, which is my favorite cat breed; it has a somewhat bluish-gray coat and what-looks-like-an-RB-smile to me. Of all the cat Pokemon, Glameow is the one that I adored the longest (not that I admired all feline Pokes, though). It's simply adorable as well as cute. <3

As for each type that I have a favorite of, well, here's my list:

Normal: As stated above, it's Glameow. Reason's there as well. Next to it is Eevee because I find it adorable.
Fire: Hmm... I'd say Flareon. It's an Eeveelution, it's fluffy, and I just like it.
Ice: Glaceon. Yes, another Eeveelution, but what can I say? I'm a fan. :3 This Ice-type is beautiful.
Grass: Leafeon. It's really the sole Grass-type that I took notice of before Lilligant came along. Oh wait, I also like Roserade. Hooray for flowers! :3
Water: Nope, not Vaporeon; rather, it's... well, I actually don't know, but I like Dewott/Samurott better 'cause among the evolution of the Water-type starters, they're the ones that appealed to me. They're cool~
Electric: I dunno if it's Jolteon or Luxray/Luxio. Jolteon because it's cool and the more dog-like among its family. Luxray/Luxio for the reason that I'm simply fond of them.
Dark: This isn't going to be surprising; it's Umbreon. It's kinda sinister but in a cool way. I think black became my favorite color because of this guy. xD
Ghost: I think it's Chandelure: it's part Fire! :3
Psychic: Espeon~ Another kitty and Eeveelution; it's also pretty.
Dragon: Reshiram. I never really bothered with the Legends or Dragon-types, but this one caught my interest because it's part Fire and I like its design. :3
Bug: Butterfree or Beautifly. I like butterflies. :)
Fighting: Riolu/Lucario or Mienshao. The former duo due to them being cute and cool, respectively, and they're like dogs. The latter... well, it reminds me of Meiling from Cardcaptor Sakura for a reason that I do not know. :o
Flying: Staraptor. It looks awesome and like it owns the other birds... except Braviary, which I also like because it's cool. :D

EGKangaroo

Tail-bumps for all 'roolovers!
Years
Bug - Butterfree, they look absolutely adorable and the butterfree from a Petty Nuzlocke challenge really got portrayed with a grand and enjoyable character.
Dark - Umbreon, of the eeveelutions, Umbreon's my favourite, as well as my all-round favourite dark-type.
Dragon - Flygon, They manage cool and adorable just fine. Especially their red eye-shields make their designs likeable.
Electric - Ampharos, cute...as...hell, and my favourite of gen II.
Fighting - Lucario, stumbled upon him on accident one day, loved the design so much that he preluded my comeback to the pokémon fandom after I lost it just around the start of the third gen, also my favourite of gen IV.
Fire - Cyndaquil, always picked that one as my starter for silver. They look very adorable, and their usually timid character makes that only better.
Flying - Lugia, because even legendaries can be so cute they make your head explode.
Ghost - Gengar, It's the cheeky grin it always has that gets me the most I think.
Grass - Being the kangaroo-lover I usually am, there's no way I can resist a 'rooshroom like Breloom. Breloom's also my favourite gen III pokémon, and perhaps my all-round favourite pokémon as well, but that is very much debatable.
Ground - Sandshrew, much like most of the others here. Too adorable not to mention.
Ice - Delibird, santa penguin, lovely.
Normal - Kangaskhan, no explanation necessary for this, if yes, see Breloom. Along with Slowbro, my favourite for gen I.
Poison - Croagunk, so much cooler than Toxicroak.
Psychic - Wobbufet, most hilarious character on team rocket's side, bar Meowth.
Rock - Rhydon, awesome pokémon. May not really have much with rock-types, but I still like its design.
Steel - Skarmory, Always has been a must-have for my team. Just amazing in combat, and a cool design.
Water - Slowbro, already having been mentioned, is one of my favourite pokémon from gen I.

Last edited:
Years
Okay, here we go...

Bug - Butterfree. Never really used it until HeartGold, but now it's the main Pokemon on my team.
Dark - Umbreon. It's always been my favorite Eeveelution, and is also probably in my top-5 favorite of all time.
Dragon - Rayquaza. I never really use the Dragon type, but Rayquaza is my favorite legendary, so this was a no brainer.
Electric - Magnezone. Another type I rarely use, but I love the Electric/Steel typing of Magnezone.
Fighting - Heracross. Not neccessarily considered for being a Fighting-type (but rather Bug), but since Butterfree is my favorite bug type, I had to put Heracross here.
Fire - Ninetales. Vulpix almost always showed up exclusively in the paired version I didn't have, but once I got one in Sapphire, it became a mainstay on my team.
Flying - Pidgeot. The main Pokemon on my Fire Red for the longest time, the Pidgeot family has always been my favorite of the early game birds.
Ghost - Froslass. One of the few Pokemon I loved before I even used it, as I really liked the design and Ice/Ghost typing.
Grass - Breloom. The first Shiny that I ever caught, so it holds a special place in my heart.
Ground - Gliscor. It recently worked it's way into my favorites, after never really using Gligar in the past. Now it's one of the staples on my team.
Ice - Glalie. Rather than Froslass taking up both the Ice and Ghost spots, I put it's counterpart Glalie here. Also the first Lv. 100 Pokemon I ever had traded to me.
Normal - Blissey. Having a high HP tank with Softboiled and Toxic has always been one of my favorite strategies.
Poison - Gengar. Also my second favorite Ghost Pokemon, and I always try to have one in my party at one point or another.
Psychic - Unown. My favorite Pokemon that I will never use (for obvious reasons).
Rock - Aggron. This was going to be my choice for Steel, but then I realized I don't really like any other Rock Pokemon.
Steel - Empoleon. I never seem to remember that Empoleon is part Steel type, but it's one of the few starters I've kept on my team throughout my journey.
Water - Starmie. Another Pokemon I like for it's interesting typing (which is only seen in one other line). Always loved that it could learn Thunder/Thunderbolt.

droomph

weeb
Years
Bug: Volcarona? I dunno
Dark: Mightyena Puppppy~ I love that cute little collie face.
Dragon: Axew omg so much win
Electric: Pichu Just. Pichu. Shut up I'm not weird
Fighting: Lucario I hate most fighting types so it's pretty much the only one I can stand.
Fire: Cyndaquil Again, just because it's cute <3
Normal: Pidove It's evos are fugly but this one is cute.
Ghost: Gengar Just something about it...
Grass: GROVYLE OMGOMG HELL YES GROVYLE
Ground: Swampert I dunno all of the others suck
Ice: Lapras I can't think of one right now.
Flying: Chatot Cute and fun to watch ^^. It can speak so that's another bonus.
Poison: Crobat Something about it too...
Psychic: Mime Jr. I know one that I like but can't think of it so I'm gonna go with one that I like.
Rock: Omanyte He's good enough.
Steel: Metagross Because all 'dem are fugly and Lucario is already taken.
Water: Oshawott Oh yesssss cute win win omg omg

Gold19

Yes, I'm that One Guy
Years
Oh boy, I was never asked a question like this.

Normal: Zangoose--By far the coolest looking Normal type pokemon out there (with a rivalry)
Bug: Volcarona--The first Fire/Bug combo out there.
Fighting: Hariyama--The pokemon looks like a sumo wrestler.
Flying: Braviary--Will be by far the most awesome flying type (it looks like an eagle, how cool is that)
Poison: Drapion--A Poison/Dark type that can take down psychic types.
Water: Ludicolo--Love the way it dances :D
Fire: Infernape--gotta love the fire monkey
Grass: Shiftry--I really like the design on this one
Rock: Lunatone--I like the way it looks like a moon
Steel: Aggron--awesome defenses and cool cry
Ground: Garchomp--one of the fastest pseudo-legendary pokemon (i think)
Dragon: Hydreigon--has an excellent sp. attack
Electric: Eleketross--the only Electric type that has levitate
Psychic: I don't have a favorite psychic
Ice: Spheal--it's so cute
Ghost: Dusknoir--its the pokemon grim reaper (now thats scary)
Dark: Honchkrow--love the gangster theme for it

Laceiuhas

Pokemaniac
Years
Absol. He's freaking awesome and lives up to be about 100. And the scythe-like tail looks cool, also he's dark type.
Plus unlike most pokémon that are based on rats etc, he's based on Bai Ze of Chinese mythology or something like that.
Anyway ya, Absol is my ultimate favourite...

Lt. Col. Fantastic

The Arianator
Years
Normal - Eevee, Its so cute

Fire - I guess Charizard or Infernape. They're cool looking (I like infernape's Rafiki look).

Water - I like Octillary

Grass - Roserade

Lightning - Jolteon/Luxray

Dark - Umbreon

Psychic - Alakazam

Ghost - Gengar

Flying - Drifblim

Ground - Flygon

Rock - Onix (He's pretty cool I guess)

Steel - Scizor/Durant

Bug - Heracross

Fight - Lucario is alright

Ice - Froslass

Dragon - Dratini. He's cute too

Poison - Arbok is cool

Years
  • Seen Oct 8, 2012
Bug: Combee; love the design, and I just think it's adorable!
Dark: Zorua; a unique take on a fox, and I love it!
Dragon: Axew; cutie!
Electric: Shinx; love the colors and the designs!
Fighting: Mienfoo; looks like a graceful fighter!
Fire: Growlithe; always been a fan!
Flying: Drifloon; cannot describe how much I love this Pokémon!
Ghost: Mismagius; don't shoot me for mentioning Digimon, but it reminds me of Wizardmon!
Grass: Lilligant; stunningly beautiful!
Ground: Phanpy; totally in love with this one!
Ice: Cubchoo; love polar bears!
Normal: Girafarig; love giraffes!
Poison: Nidorina; cutie!
Psychic: Spoink; best pig Pokémon ever!
Rock: Lunatone; love the moon!
Steel: Aron; cutest steel Pokémon!
Water: Starmie; always had a special place in my heart for this one!

Last edited:

Oryx

CoquettishCat
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 30, 2015
Hey I'm gonna merge this in with the Favorite Pokemon thread, since it's really "what's your favorite Pokemon" with a very small rule change. :)

Abi~

-insert title here?-
Years
  • Age 29
  • USA
  • Seen Sep 23, 2012
There's a lot of Pokemon I love, but I've always held Raichu near and dear to my heart. I think it's an awesome looking Pokemon and it's not bad in battle, either. :D

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Jun 9, 2017
Dialga is my favorite Pokemon of all TIME. It can control time and has a great look while it works as a barrel for my team. My favorite non-ledgendary would have to be Lucario. It looks great and has a huge move pool including Aura Sphere.

diab_low

All men live, only few exist.
Years
LUGIA

oh man lugia ws my first legendary i fell in love with it and it looks so cool in the B/W version

Years
  • Seen Jul 16, 2012
Porygon, a true sleeper.
Blizzard + Thunder + Recovery + Substitute
Beaten a few surprised mew-two players in my day. ;)

It's always a questionable struggle whether it will win or lose, but it hits hard in offense & overwhelms in defense.

Last edited:

GodcalledBOB

Dragon Tamer
Years
Bug: Armaldo, mainly because it is it also my favourite fossil pokemon as well.
Dark: Umbreon, which is my favourite eeveelution.
Dragon: Hydreigon, one of my favourite pokemon altogether.
Electric: Pikachu, I have always liked Pikachu ever since Pokemon Yellow
Fighting: Heracross, I have always liked Heracross because of its unusual type mixture (Bug/Fighting).
Fire: Charizard, another of my all time favourites.
Flying: Pigeot, i've always had a soft spot for Pigeot.
Ghost: Duscolps, has always been my favourite ghost type although i never usually use ghost types...
Grass: Parasect, ever since i lay my eyes on this guy, i've always liked them!
Ground: Flygon, it just is ok?
Ice: Glaile, I love them.
Normal: Tauros, Tauros is a tank, and he is just amazing!
Poison: Crobat, i've always used Crobat as it was my first level 100!
Psychic: Alakazam, no questions asked.
Rock: Onix, always has been always will be.
Steel: Skarmory, always been one of my favourites.
Water: Swampert, TANK.

Years
Blastoise. The first pokemon game i played was blue version. I immediatly thought it was the most kick ass pokemon ever. And in Pokemon: The First Movie the blastoise there was bad ass. yeahhhhh.

Back