• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Danger on the S.S. Anne [SU+OOC]

NightOfRemorse

my anxieties have anxieties
Years
Hey Genevieve :] think you can make a quick post before you leave so I can post again too? If Giselle decides to still be distant, then I can just make it that Eve gets bored and goes elsewhere. xD

Years
  • Age 32
  • UK
  • Seen Oct 17, 2023
PkmnRangerJp - Your biography could do with being expanded to involve Orenji's battle history, how he obtained his pokémon, etc.

Your Pokémon are slightly overlevelled I would say, If you want a level 40 Togekiss I would recommend (a) giving a reason it's so powerful, perhaps it was his first Pokémon and (b) making the other two a lower level, around the 25-30 mark.

*Pending*

~Genevieve~ - Welcome back! I'm afraid you can't make an NPC just give you a Pokémon and/or egg sorry.

Nice posts guys! I've read through on my phone the last few days and I'm 99% certain nobody needs a 'you caught a Pokémon' post from me XD Correct me if I'm wrong.

for him.

I'm trash.
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Aug 6, 2023
My post will be up before the 20th. I am writing it now. (Along with another one... *sigh*)

PkmnRangerJ

Pokemon Ranger
Years
  • Seen Aug 2, 2013
post has been edited: the pokemon's method of being aquired were explained in the bio, as well as how Orenji got any battle experience, essentially being tutored by every 1st gym leader and hosting tournaments to cheer up trainers.

Years
  • Age 32
  • UK
  • Seen Oct 17, 2023
post has been edited: the pokemon's method of being aquired were explained in the bio, as well as how Orenji got any battle experience, essentially being tutored by every 1st gym leader and hosting tournaments to cheer up trainers.

In that case you and Orenji (no last name? Like 'Cher'? ;D) are accepted!

Like with the other SUs on the page, you may post background posts but may not board the ship until Friday after my 'The ship had docked! etc.' post.

I need to update the first post ;__; promise I'll do that soon.

PkmnRangerJ

Pokemon Ranger
Years
  • Seen Aug 2, 2013
lol posted a background post. im newish to RP's mine feels small compared to the rest T.T

Years
  • Age 32
  • UK
  • Seen Oct 17, 2023
lol posted a background post. im newish to RP's mine feels small compared to the rest T.T

It's sometimes hard to flesh out a post when you don't have much to consider. You've got a good backbone; how he received the ticket, being 'late' and leaving etc.

What you might want to do is expand the middle section, the conversation with Fuji. Think about how people behave when they're talking - where are they? how are they speaking - are they friends? mentor/mentee? family? - how will that affect how they talk (as well as their body language; smiles, gestures, hugs, etc.).

You could probably draw out the conversation to be a few paragraphs on it's own, especially if you make it a full conversation rather than Orenji just recalling it.

:3 Hope that helped!

(~Genivieve~ I shall post your capture response soon!)

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
Years
Forgive me for asking, but is anyone interacting with Angie Silvers at this time? I planned on healing the Pidgey I just caught with her, but she's not in the nurse's floor...so I might have Caydee look for her in my next post.

Years
  • Age 32
  • UK
  • Seen Oct 17, 2023
Forgive me for asking, but is anyone interacting with Angie Silvers at this time? I planned on healing the Pidgey I just caught with her, but she's not in the nurse's floor...so I might have Caydee look for her in my next post.

Angie just healed Giselle's Jet and Rosie in her office, so she's all yours - wherever you want her.

That sounded dirty.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 32
  • UK
  • Seen Oct 17, 2023
I never caught the Seel remember :3

Oh yes *-*. Rosie was the other Pokémon, my bad.

I'm so sorry you became the first victim of my dice! Better luck next time! I felt so guilty I thought Rosie at least needed a level out of compensation bahaha.

SylveonStar

Sylveon
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Mar 15, 2017
It's cool :3 not every catch is successful. Giselle had her fair share of failed catches when she was on her Pokemon Journey

MirandaxPikachu

Lovin' Pikachu since 1999.
Years
Full Name: Miranda Parker
Age (16+): 16.
Hometown: Lavender Town.
Appearance:
sigpic335474_4.gif

Personality: Miranda is a fiery girl, who always will follow her goal and heart, and loves to help others out, she never gives up, but she is very impatient, she doesn't like waiting, and sometimes she says thing without thinking, and that could really hurt people. She loves Pokémon a lot, and she loves taking strolls with her Pokémon, and swim with water Pokémon, or go boxing with her fighting Pokémon. She is also has a passion for cooking, she loves making Pokémon food, because she learned it from her mother. She is always prepared for the weirdest situations, her main goal is to become a Pokémon master.
Biography: Miranda was born in the small Lavender Town, where she lived with her mother, her father abandoned them when she was nine years old, she has two little sisters and one little brother, she always had to work hard because her mother was most of the time at her work, her mother was a famous Pokémon breeder. Her grandmother and grandfather moved in with them, to help them out. When she was twelve, she got an egg from her mother, so if it would hatch, she could go fulfill her dreams, to become a Pokémon master. After a month the egg finally hatched, and Miranda went on her adventure with her Pichu, she had to go to Pallet Town, to get her Pokédex, from Professor Oak, she has heard a lot of stories about him, he supposed to be a famous poet, and a very sweet guy. When she finally arrived at Pallet Town, she met Professor Oak, and indeed, he was a very sweet and smart guy. He took a good look at her Pichu, and said that with that Pichu alone, she couldn't win many gym battles, so she could choose a Pokémon from Professor Oak. She chose a Charmander, when she got her Pokédex she left, finally.. she could go on her adventure! On her way to Viridian City, she saw a plant, it was very weird and when she touched it.. It appeared to be an Oddish! She started battling her and caught it! It was the first Pokémon she had ever caught, she was very proud of herself. When she arrived at Viridian City, she immediately went to the Pokemon Gym, but the man in front of it said Miranda wasn't strong enough, and that she could better first go and get the other seven badges first, because the gym leader was supposed to be incredibly strong. The next day she thought about it and just went to the next city, confusing as it was.. suddenly she saw a Pidgeotto, who was attacked by a trainer, but wasn't caught. It was in horrible conditions, Miranda took it to the Pokémon center in Pewter City, after that, Pidgeotto wouldn't want to go away anymore, and stayed with Miranda. Finally, her first gym badge, with four Pokémon, she had to win! Right..? Well, it didn't went exactly how she thought.. Miranda strolled into Pewter Gym, quietly confident that she could take him down - especially now she had four pokémon. The first matchup was Peeka vs Brock's Geodude; Pichu was much quicker than the sluggish Rock pokémon, but Miranda had forgotten one important factor.

"Peeka! Use Thunderschok!" Pichu used thunderschok, but it had no effect! Brock started laughing.. "Did you forgot your type matchup lessons?"
Miranda suddenly felt really stupid..
"Geodude, Mudslap!" Commanded the Gym Leader, his pokémon quickly kicking up dirt and exploiting Pichu's weakness to ground-type moves. Peeka quickly fainted, overcome by the powerful Geodude.

Miranda thought more carefully about her next choice, thinking back to her type-matchup lessons, she settled on her newly caught oddish…

"Oddish, I choose you! Quick, use absorb!" Oddish was still kind of weak, but with absorb, she also got health from Geodude.

"Geodude avoid! Use dig!" Yelled Brock in response, attempting to catch Oddish off guard. His Geodude disappeared underground, leaving Oddish scared and confused.

"You can do it Oddish!" Encouraged Miranda to her new Pokémon, "Concentrate… JUMP!" Oddish jumped, but not high enough, and got hit by dig. She took a lot of damage, but Miranda had a sneaky move.

"Oddish! Are you alright? Use Poison Powder!" Oddish used Poison Powder, with poisonous spores filling the air and sticking to the startled ground-type, leaving Geodude poisoned, it should be easy now.

"Oddish! Finish it with Absorb!" With Oddish using absorb, taking the last of its opponents health, the Geodude fainted. Which was a victory for Miranda!
"Great job, here is your Boulder Badge!"
Miranda finally had her first gym badge, she was filled with joy! She even started dancing with her Peeka. "On to Cerulean City!" Yelled Miranda with joy.
She went to the Pokémon center, to get her Pokémon healed, so she could finally head out to Cerulean City.
When she finally made it to route five, she saw an older gentlemen, who looked like he was searching for something, he looked at her and started smiling, this however, made Miranda feel a bit weird.. he started a conversation with her.
The old man introduced himself politely, as Jan. He seemed to be intrigued by the fact that Miranda was a Pokémon Trainer - just like he was back in the day. He was very keen to see her Pokémon collection so far, and so she willingly showed off her Pichu and the others - he was delighted.

Jan, holding out a Pokéball, smiled at Miranda, "Here, this is my partner Machoke. Unfortunately we haven't been able to battle lately, I think I might be past it," he told the girl. "You are at the start of your journey though! I think he might be better off with you," he said, taking Miranda's hand and placing the ball in her palm.

"I'm afraid I have to go, but I'm sure I'll see you again. Be sure to look after Machoke, he can be a bit of a brute," chuckled the old man, as he walked away - back along the path to Pewter Town.

Machoke, the Superpower Pokémon. With enough strength to lift a giant truck with one hand, Machoke are often used to extremely heavy work. Beeped the Pokédex, displaying a photo of Machoke as well as lots of other information.

"Wow!" Cheered Miranda, swinging Peeka round in her arms from the excitement, "I got a Machoke"
Machoke he started to take a shine on Miranda, and they became great friends! Miranda still doesn't know who that man really was, but he is sure she will find out. They started training, by smashing boulders, and battling each other, making everyone stronger and stronger!
"Okay guys…" said Miranda with a smile.
"I'm sure we can beat the Cerulean Gym! We just need a good strategy!" She said with confidence.
They started to think of a strategy.. "Okay, Misty uses Water Types, so the best thing we could do is using… Pichu and Oddish! Everyone okay with that?" Everyone agreed!
So they went to Cerulean City, feeling great, and sure of that she would win, she started battling with Misty.
"Are you ready to give me a badge?! Because I am going to WIN!" Yelled Miranda!
"Tss, such big talk for a rookie trainer, bring it on!" said Misty quite annoyed.
"Go Staryu! Show that rookie that water types are the best!" yelled Misty, determenided she would win. After an intense battle, between Peeka and Staryu, Peeka suddenly started changing form, she got bigger, stronger, cuter!
"Pikachuu!"
"AAAAAH! A Pikachuuuuu! Oh my Pokémon!!!" Yelled Miranda with excitement, while dancing around. She grabbed her Pokédex, she was shaking with excitement, she finally had her favorite Pokémon in the whole world! Pikachu, the Mouse Pokémon, and the evolved form of Pichu. Pikachu's tail is sometimes struck by lightning as it raises it to check its surroundings.
"This… is.. so… AWESOMEEEEE!!!!!" screamed Miranda, still filled with joy!
"...Right. Let's just continue this battle." said Misty, creped out by Miranda.
After their intense battle, the victory was for Miranda, as she finally won, her second gym badge.
"Starmie! Return! .. You did great! Just rest" Said Misty.. "Okay.. maybe you aren't that bad after all… here, take it. The Cascade Badge, you deserve it!" Said Misty, smiling.. for the first time! "Woah! My second gym badge.. you know I'm going to dance.. right?" "Sigh.. go ahead." Said Misty, rolling her eyes, "Come onn! Join! It's fun!" Said Miranda with a big smile! She started dancing and singing, even though it was terrible, they had fun. "Ahaaa AHA AHA AH AHA! I won.. I won.. My second gy-hym badge!" Sang Miranda. "Do you always do this?" Asked Misty, still creped out. "… No, But I think I'm going to make it my trade mark.. Miranda! The dancing Pokémon trainer!" "Pikaaaaa!"
As Misty was still kind of creped out, by Miranda's jolly way of dancing, she said that Miranda maybe could go to Vermillion City, to get her next gym badge. "Oh yeah sure! Time for my third gym badge! Nothing can stop us! Right Peeka?!" Yelled Miranda! "Pikaaaaa!" And there she went, running and dancing at the same time, to the Pokémon Center, because a healthy Pokémon, is a happy Pokémon.
"Alright here are your Pokéballs, they are all good now, and here is your Pikachu, you are good to go!" said Nurse Joy, always with a smile, always nice, Miranda liked Nurse Joy, she was always happy. Just like Miranda. "Thank you so much! Have a great day nurse Joy!" "Thanks, you to Miranda!" they nodded, and Miranda walked away. So, Miranda and her Pokémon continued their adventure, to Vermilion City! She knew that her Pokémon where ready for the Pokémon Gym!
Arrived at Vermilion City, Miranda decided to first go to the beach, because of the incredibly nice weather. "Woah! Look at that big cruise ship!" Said Miranda impressed. *S.S. Anne..* Read Miranda..
Suddenly Peeka ran to her, telling her to come.. "Alright, alright! I'm coming!" Miranda kind of irritated, came along with Peeka, finding a hurt Vaporeon at the shore, it looked exhausted.. "Oh no! Are you okay?! Here... This will make you feel better!" Said Miranda, feeling concerned about the ill Vaporeon, she gave her some Oran berries, "Are you okay now? Yes, well you should go back to your family okay?" Miranda smiled at the Vaporeon and walked away. A day passed, and Miranda went to the Vermillion City Gym.
"Hello Lt. Surge, I would like to challenge you." Said Miranda.
"Ten-hut! Welcome to Vermilion Gym! Will you look at that, a pint-size challenger! Hahaha! You've got big and brassy nerves to take me on with your puny power! A Pokémon battle is war! I'll show you civilian! I'll shock you into surrender!" said Lt. Surge, underestimating Miranda's powers, they had a shocking battle, leaving Miranda with her Charmander, and Lt. Surge with his Raichu, then suddenly..
"Huh?! Charmander?!" Charmander started changing form, stronger, bigger!
Charmander%20evolving.gif

Charmander evolved into Charmeleon, and learned Fire Fang!
"Woah! Awesome! A Charmeleon!" said Miranda, doing her little victory dance while grabbing her Pokédex. Charmeleon, the Flame Pokémon. It has razor sharp claws and its tail is exceptionally strong. "Alright! Awesome! Let's try your new move! Use Fire Fang!" Lt. Surge started laughing, because he was expecting that exact move, as he commented Raichu to use Thunder, the Pokémon ran to each other, making a big explosion of the powerful attacks! When the dust finally lied down, both Pokémon where down.. "Charmeleon, get up! You can do it!" Yelled Miranda, encouraging her newly Charmeleon... They both waited, and Charmeleon got up! That made Miranda the winner!
"Alright kid, you weren't as weak as I tought, here is your Thunder Badge, you deserve it." Miranda took her badge, and started dancing with Charmeleon and Peeka! Lt. Surge recommended Miranda to go to Celadon City, just past Lavender Town. Miranda thanked him for his tip, and went outside.
When she walked out of the gym she saw the Vaporeon again, Vaporeon really liked Miranda, it wanted to be with Miranda, so she caught it. Suddenly a mysterious man walked to Miranda...
"Hello, you've got a shiny new gym badge, I observe." said the mysterious man..
"Ehm.. yeah.. cool eh.." said Miranda in suspicion.. The suspicious looking man started to ask her if she knew about the S.S.. Anne event.
"Ehm.. S.S. Anne event..? No.. not really.." Answered Miranda, the man started explaining what is was.
"It's really sweet, Trainers from all over the Kanto region have been invited onboard the cruise liner, S.S. Anne, for a month of battling, good food and a well-deserved holiday. The liner will make occasional stops, serving both as a means of day trips around Kanto. This will also provide a change to capture new Pokémon, as the variety at sea isn't that diverse." It sounded very good..
"So I'm asking you! Yeah you, with your shining new badge, do also want to step abroad?" Miranda would really like to go on the cruise, but she didn't had a lot of money, so she had to say no..
"Money? Who said money?! It's for free!" Free? Thought Miranda by herself, well that changed everything! She took one more look at the suspicious man..
"Aah what the Pokémon.. sure!" she said exited.
"Alright! Great, here is your S.S. Anne Ticket! Don't lose it, the ship will sail this Friday! Be sure to be here in time.." He said with a mean looking smile... Miranda nodded, feeling even more excited about Friday! That Friday, Miranda went to the dock, waiting for the ship.. She decided to take Pikachu, Machoke and Vaporeon with her.
th_025_f.gif
Species: Pikachu the Mouse Pokémon.
Nickname: Peeka.
Level: 38.
Ability: Lightningrod.
Moveset: Thunderbolt, Electro Ball, Volt Tackle(EggMove) Iron Tail( If that's not okay, I'll go with Slam. )
Personality: Peeka is just like Miranda, she is really fiery and loves a challenge, she always helps other Pokémon, she doesn't care if she has to fight a ground type Pokémon, she will still do her best. Even tho most of her moves will have no effect. She hates Pokeballs, and always sits on Miranda's shoulder.
Short Bio: Pikachu has been with Miranda ever since she was born, she evolved from a Pichu to a Pikachu during a Gym Battle.
th_tumblr_lfszl6Swre1qcjtu8o1_500.gif

067machoke.gif
Species: Machoke SuperPower Pokémon.
Nickname: Machoke.
Level: 32.
Ability: No Guard.
Moveset: Karate Chop, Close Combat, Revenge, Seismic Toss.
Personality: For its big appearance, Machoke is kind off a softie, he would never harm anyone, but he really protects his friends, and he would love to help people out.
Short Bio: Machoke was born on the mountains with his father, his mother died from illness. When Machoke got older ( He was still a little Machop ) he evolved into a Machoke, his father was caught by a trainer, leaving Machoke all by himself, he started training and lifting heavy rocks and trees, he was caught by an elder man, who gave him to me.

th_134.gif
Species: Vaporeon The Bubble Jet Pokemon.
Nickname: Crystal.
Level: 29.
Ability: Water Absorb.
Moveset: Aurora Beam, Surf, Water Pulse, Bite.
Personality: Crystal is a really sweet and strong Pokémon, she will always help you out, even if she doesn't know you. She trust people really fast, which can be bad sometimes, she likes everyone, and only sees the good things in people.
Short Bio: Crystal was born as an Eevee in the Johto region, whirl islands. She could only stay on one Island because she could barely swim, she always wanted to be a beautiful graceful Vaporeon, Just like her Mother and Father, one day a trainer droped a Fire Stone, she wanted to pick it up, but her father stopped her just in time, he explained that that rock would change her into a Fire type Pokémon, when she finally got a Water Stone, she evolved and swam to the shore in Kanto, where she was found and caught by Miranda.

Alright, I really hope this is good ! :)

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 32
  • UK
  • Seen Oct 17, 2023
Miranda-

Your profile history seems to just be a 'she battled, caught these, lost'. I would prefer, I think, that your character had only been to Kanto - from her Pokémon levels this is much more realistic. Also, whilst she may have caught lots of other Pokémon, it would be good to focus on the three she is taking on board - how did she get them? What is their bond like? Give more details of them battling together other than 'got eight badges' etc.

Your Pokémon themselves are fine, I might have to check the moves but level-wise they seem ok.

Pending - if you could elaborate on the history to be more interesting than a list of achievements, then you will be accepted.

Also, try not to use so many colours, and if you do stick to dark ones rather than bright blues, faint pinks or yellows.

PkmnRangerJ

Pokemon Ranger
Years
  • Seen Aug 2, 2013
another Lavender Town native ^.^ yay me lol
question when can i go on the ship lol

Years
  • Age 32
  • UK
  • Seen Oct 17, 2023
another Lavender Town native ^.^ yay me lol
question when can i go on the ship lol

You (as well as SilverExorcist, and possibly Miranda) will be able to board the ship on Friday.

If anyone already on board wants to catch a Pokémon remember to try and do it before Friday! Otherwise you'll have missed your opportunity, I'm attempting to offer different ones each time.

Bye bye Lapras ;_;.

Years
  • Age 32
  • UK
  • Seen Oct 17, 2023
can someone tell me which pokemon you can catch on the ship? :)

Currently: Pidgey, Tentacool, Pidgeotto, Shelder, Seel and Lapras.

The bold ones have been captured by trainers, but that doesn't mean you can't battle and catch one for yourself. :)

Back