• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokémon: Liquid Crystal [3.3.xxxxx Live Beta]

Years
I had to do a system restore with the disks on my laptop and had this hack working before but now when I try to play it, it goes to a white screen. I patched the file to Fire Red with Lunar IPS and have the latest version of VBA. I did the save type and even put the real time clock on. What the hell is going on?

I tried like 50 more times and **** it. Can someone please just patch it for me and send it to me cuz I really don't wanna go on a rage and destroy my laptop.
Try a different ROM though??

What are you talking about beta 3.2 ? It is not even released..

Last edited:

Jambo51

Glory To Arstotzka
Years
  • Seen Jan 28, 2018
can i use my LC 3.1's save to LC 3.2?

Absolutely not. They are completely incompatible. This is due to a change in the way the game saves certain information which would cause massive issues if the game save was continued.

What are you talking about beta 3.2 ? It is not even released..

Yes, it is. It's been out for nearly 2 months! The new version cleans up the flags, variables and trainerflags so that they no longer conflict with each other, leading to a much cleaner and less buggy experience.

johnr754

I am JOHN, heck yeah!
Years
I have been playing Beta 3.1 (I think) and it's good. So far, everything is good. But I have one complaint...

...at Mt. Silver, you can get stuck in a tree by jumping on a ledge. I had to reload a savestate because of that.

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
Years
  • Seen Oct 3, 2016
I have been playing Beta 3.1 (I think) and it's good. So far, everything is good. But I have one complaint...

...at Mt. Silver, you can get stuck in a tree by jumping on a ledge. I had to reload a savestate because of that.
Climb down from the tree. :P Kidding, obviously...

I just downloaded the beta today and will kick it around for a while once I find a ROM of Fire Red. As Crystal was my first Pokémon game (also a ROM), I'm curious what this is like and have watched a few playthrough videos already on Youtube, but they are of course all betas; I will be eager for a final release.

Cyclone

Years
  • Seen Apr 14, 2013
Hey guys, which badge do I need to use Rock Smash outside of battle?
I am assuming its Whitney's badge because, my trainer card skipped that badge and went to the fourth.
Also, how do I get the 3rd badge? Will it fill itself after collecting all 8 badges? (assuming I make it that far without Rock Smash)

Years
Hey guys, which badge do I need to use Rock Smash outside of battle?
I am assuming its Whitney's badge because, my trainer card skipped that badge and went to the fourth.
Also, how do I get the 3rd badge? Will it fill itself after collecting all 8 badges? (assuming I make it that far without Rock Smash)
If you really beated Whiteney in the game then you have no problemo my friend. The badge case will fill itself up after some time coz its buggy

Absolutely not. They are completely incompatible. This is due to a change in the way the game saves certain information which would cause massive issues if the game save was continued.

Yes, it is. It's been out for nearly 2 months! The new version cleans up the flags, variables and trainerflags so that they no longer conflict with each other, leading to a much cleaner and less buggy experience.
I only asked because there was no mention of 3.2 in the first page. Isn't it that version which includes that cave south of the city in orange islands??? if yes then I do not need to worry about it

Last edited:

Zameric

The One and Only
Years
If you really beated Whiteney in the game then you have no problemo my friend. The badge case will fill itself up after some time coz its buggy
I had that problem too, so I hope you're right about it filling up right later on. xD
I have four badges, but I haven't tried to use Rock Smash yet. Maybe I should go test that.
I can't use Rock Smash either. :/

Another glitch report, Jasmine's overworld sprite in the Lighthouse is a Nurse Joy.
Also, the sick Ampharos' overworld sprite is a Kangaskhan...
I think Quick Claw is activating without telling me; My Graveler attacked before an Electrode that was 4 levels higher.

Last edited:

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
Years
  • Seen Oct 3, 2016
I think Quick Claw is activating without telling me; My Graveler attacked before an Electrode that was 4 levels higher.
Isn't Voltorb slow to begin with? You could be ten levels under something and still be faster.

Cyclone

Zameric

The One and Only
Years
CycloneGU said:
Isn't Voltorb slow to begin with? You could be ten levels under something and still be faster.
Umm, no. Voltorb and Electrode are both very fast pokemon. >.>
Electrode has a base speed stat of 140.
The only poke faster than it, in Gen III, are Deoxys and Ninjask.

I'm not whether it was Chuck or Jasmine's badge, but obtaining one of those two fixes the Plain badge glitch on the trainer card.
Also, I can now use rock smash outside of battle.

Ok, what? The sister on the left, of the three Ace Trainer (Cooltrainer) sisters on Route 34, has a Goldeen with Jump Kick, Mirror Move and probably two other illegal moves that I didn't get to see.
Her Seaking has Sand-Attack, Defense Curl and probably two other illegal moves.
I wonder if the other two sisters are like this...
The other two sisters were normal, it was just Irene that had the illegal pokemon. :p

Last edited:
Years
I had that problem too, so I hope you're right about it filling up right later on. xD
I have four badges, but I haven't tried to use Rock Smash yet. Maybe I should go test that.
I can't use Rock Smash either. :/

Another glitch report, Jasmine's overworld sprite in the Lighthouse is a Nurse Joy.
Also, the sick Ampharos' overworld sprite is a Kangaskhan...
And I always thought Quick Claw always activates itself randomly during a battle...

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
Years
  • Seen Oct 3, 2016
And I always thought Quick Claw always activates itself randomly during a battle...
You're right. From Black/White:

"An item to be held by a Pokémon. A light, sharp claw that lets the bearer move first occasionally."

So let it be written...

Cyclone

Zameric

The One and Only
Years

I don't think Quick Claw "said" something like "Hello, I'm a Quick Claw and I'm activated." in III gen...
I believe it was first introduced in the V gen.
No, like Cyclone said, Quick Claw was introduced in Gen II.
I've used Quick Claw in the main games before and there is an animation and text to go with it.
It says something to the effect of, "[your pokemon] moves first due to Quick Claw." paraphrasing here

Years
  • Seen Aug 2, 2012
Pics or didn't happen. I'm siding with Ash493 and alienhunterx here, I never saw any notification about the claw being used in the second or third generation and I'm pretty sure it doesn't exist.

Banjora Marxvile

hOI!!!!!! i'm tEMMIE!!
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen yesterday
If I recall, gen 3 Quick Claw just has the "Pokemon used an item animation" like when it eats a berry, that flash, without any actual text come up. That's how it occurred to me...

Anyway, I love this hack immensely, I like all of the additions that have been made, and all of the tiles.I can't wait until it is finished, and when the physical/special split is working more adequately. I wish you all the best, and I can'twait for your future projects either LaZ!

Years
  • Seen Aug 17, 2013
A quick question, where are all the flutes??

Can somebody do a list? Thanks a lot in advance.

Black Flute i think is traded from coins at the game corner, not sure about the rest..

Back