Pokémon Gaming Central For topics that aren't necessarily restricted to one game, Pokémon Gaming Central ranges from comparing and contrasting the differences in the gaming generations to discussing the gaming franchise as a whole.
Sort Threads: Spinoff Central | Pokkén

TrollandToad.com
Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
  #326    
Old July 19th, 2012 (2:20 AM).
rocky505's Avatar
rocky505 rocky505 is offline
<Now who's awesome!
     
    Join Date: Apr 2008
    Location: Parrish, AL
    Age: 24
    Gender: Male
    Nature: Relaxed
    Posts: 1,331
    The closest thing to a hint IMO are the magma and aqua grunts in iccurus city. They mention what aqua and magma did but why would both of them say what they did when in rs only one of the teams did that. Emerald remake? IMO the grunts should've been version exclusive characters if it were to be a hint at RS remakes.
    __________________
    3DS FC: 3995-6518-0794

    Relevant Advertising!

      #327    
    Old July 19th, 2012 (2:31 AM).
    P0kelegend P0kelegend is offline
       
      Join Date: Oct 2008
      Gender:
      Posts: 334
      Quote:
      Originally Posted by rocky505 View Post
      The closest thing to a hint IMO are the magma and aqua grunts in iccurus city. They mention what aqua and magma did but why would both of them say what they did when in rs only one of the teams did that. Emerald remake? IMO the grunts should've been version exclusive characters if it were to be a hint at RS remakes.
      There are Magma and Aqua grunts in Icirrus City? It's the first I've heard about it, interesting. Where abouts are they in the city?

      If anything, its definitely more of a hint to an Emerald remake rather than R/S remake.
        #328    
      Old July 19th, 2012 (2:40 AM).
      zid_sen's Avatar
      zid_sen zid_sen is offline
      The Sacred Thunder of Aselis
         
        Join Date: Jun 2012
        Location: Indonesia
        Gender: Male
        Nature: Lonely
        Posts: 61
        Well i think it will release in 3DS platform with name

        FiercingRuby
        VastSapphire
        JadeEmerald

        well just kiddding,
        but i really wait for this game release!
        __________________

        Thanks to Rambagos in Pokemon Stars
        For The Signature
          #329    
        Old July 19th, 2012 (2:59 AM).
        MiTjA's Avatar
        MiTjA MiTjA is offline
        Poké-atheist
           
          Join Date: Mar 2005
          Location: Slovenia
          Age: 27
          Nature: Serious
          Posts: 587
          The grunts would be the closest we got to "hints"...

          ...if it wasn't for the fact that the same house held a Rocket grunt in BW!


          To clarify, it's just text, they aren't in their costumes or anything. Like the equivalent in BW, they say how they were grunts of said teams in the past, and that you should not tell their wife/husband (who was the opposite team and essentially says the same thing).
          __________________
            #330    
          Old July 19th, 2012 (7:52 AM).
          Xander Olivieri's Avatar
          Xander Olivieri Xander Olivieri is offline
             
            Join Date: Jun 2010
            Gender: Other
            Nature: Hasty
            Posts: 5,601
            They took the Funky talking Rocket Member's house in Icirrus. It was mentioned earlier in the thread and written off as an Easter Egg simply because they took the Rocket Member's spot.

            And no it doesn't really mean Emerald Remake. Ruby, Magma tried to destroy the Region and expand land. Sapphire, Aqua tried to destroy the region and expand the sea. Both events happened, doesn't matter if it was in one game or 2. Both events still happened.

            And no the closets thing we have for a hint is pretty much the cave with different appearances. The Rocket didn't signify anything when he was in B/W and the Aqua/Magma couple took his house which is only accessible in the winter. It was an Easter Egg in B/W so its an Easter Egg in B2W2.
            __________________
              #331    
            Old July 19th, 2012 (8:45 AM).
            Blue's Avatar
            Blue Blue is online now
            problematic
            • Moderator
            • Platinum Tier
             
            Join Date: Jan 2008
            Location: United Kingdom
            Gender: Male
            Nature: Relaxed
            Posts: 20,210
            They could both be classed as hints or coincidences, we said the exact same about Gold & Silver with many references to Johto and other similarities so it could just be grasping or Nintendo planted them there purposely since they like to know how we think.
            __________________
              #332    
            Old July 19th, 2012 (8:51 AM).
            OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire's Avatar
            OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire is offline
            10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
               
              Join Date: Apr 2010
              Location: Oregon
              Age: 23
              Gender: Male
              Nature: Careful
              Posts: 17,427
              There's actually been more hints for Kanto remakes like Rocket appearing in BW, Rocket's music in Game Freak.
              Also I've noticed most aren't considering the hints of Gen IV for RSE remakes. The guy in Sinnoh's resort mentioned he wanted to go see the rocket launch in Mossdeep. Steven appeared in HgSs. There's actually much more hints for remakes in Gen IV than this generation it seems...
              Also who says we need hints GF can just come out and announce the games out of the blue like they did with FrLg which had no real hints, even less so than Rs remakes have now...we have no real pattern with remakes yet it seems (they might not even come out at all...).
              __________________
              # TeamRowlet
              I'm currently working on some novels. If you're interested you can read them here:
              https://www.wattpad.com/user/ImperialSun
              https://www.patreon.com/ImperialSun
                #333    
              Old July 19th, 2012 (9:07 AM).
              Blue's Avatar
              Blue Blue is online now
              problematic
              • Moderator
              • Platinum Tier
               
              Join Date: Jan 2008
              Location: United Kingdom
              Gender: Male
              Nature: Relaxed
              Posts: 20,210
              Quote:
              Originally Posted by Magmaruby and Aquasapphire View Post
              There's actually been more hints for Kanto remakes like Rocket appearing in BW, Rocket's music in Game Freak.
              Also I've noticed most aren't considering the hints of Gen IV for RSE remakes. The guy in Sinnoh's resort mentioned he wanted to go see the rocket launch in Mossdeep. Steven appeared in HgSs. There's actually much more hints for remakes in Gen IV than this generation it seems...
              Also who says we need hints GF can just come out and announce the games out of the blue like they did with FrLg which had no real hints, even less so than Rs remakes have now...we have no real pattern with remakes yet it seems (they might not even come out at all...).
              That's true, I'd say there's atleast one hint for every Gen IV+ game that could contribute towards Hoenn.. there is also a soundtrack in Black and White 2's coding which is said to be Rustboro City for those who didn't know although to me it doesn't really sound like it.
              __________________
                #334    
              Old July 19th, 2012 (9:26 AM).
              Sydian's Avatar
              Sydian Sydian is online now
              case CLOSED.
              • Crystal Tier
               
              Join Date: Feb 2008
              Location: Alabama
              Age: 25
              Nature: Timid
              Posts: 32,159
              Quote:
              Also who says we need hints GF can just come out and announce the games out of the blue like they did with FrLg which had no real hints, even less so than Rs remakes have now...we have no real pattern with remakes yet it seems (they might not even come out at all...).
              The thing with that though, no one expected remakes then. Everyone thought we'd just move right along to the next generation of gaming or the third version, but that didn't happen. So no one was really looking for hints. After two remakes though, people are expecting one and ANYTHING that reminds them of RSE, which if the cycle continues they're next in line to be remade, it's taken as a hint. Although I can't think of anything off the top of my head in RS, I'm sure some crazy nut could find things that hint at FRLG. Because you know, blue and red in gen V obviously means RS remakes. Heck, someone could take the fact that Ruby and Sapphire are red and blue respectively, that could have been a sign for Red and Blue to be remade, though of course, it was Red and Green that were remade, but for speculation at that time, it could have worked. But I'm not gonna go on rampage about that. It's just something to think about.

              That Rustboro theme is probably one of the worst music pieces I've heard in the series. Mainly because it sounds nothing like it's supposed to be. If it were original and not the Rustboro theme, it could work. But that theme has already been established and that...doesn't work.
              __________________
              ≫ when the hope of new beginnings burned our feet
              now we need it ≪

              challenges | klippy
                #335    
              Old July 19th, 2012 (9:30 AM).
              Blue's Avatar
              Blue Blue is online now
              problematic
              • Moderator
              • Platinum Tier
               
              Join Date: Jan 2008
              Location: United Kingdom
              Gender: Male
              Nature: Relaxed
              Posts: 20,210
              I wouldn't go as far as saying Red & Blue banners represent hints towards RS remakes, Red and Blue are the two most commonly used colours so you couldn't call every duo of Red & Blue hints towards Ruby & Sapphire. However, if they are currently working on the remakes atleast they have the Gym Leader sprites ready which I personally love.
              __________________
                #336    
              Old July 19th, 2012 (9:33 AM).
              Sydian's Avatar
              Sydian Sydian is online now
              case CLOSED.
              • Crystal Tier
               
              Join Date: Feb 2008
              Location: Alabama
              Age: 25
              Nature: Timid
              Posts: 32,159
              Quote:
              I wouldn't go as far as saying Red & Blue banners represent hints towards RS remakes, Red and Blue are the two most commonly used colours so you couldn't call every duo of Red & Blue hints towards Ruby & Sapphire.
              Not saying you would, but that is literally how people are seeing them now. It's even been said in this thread a few times about some things that are blue and red how it's a hint. I just don't understand it. But my point was that people can take anything as a hint. It's like trying to grab clouds. Doesn't work.
              __________________
              ≫ when the hope of new beginnings burned our feet
              now we need it ≪

              challenges | klippy
                #337    
              Old July 19th, 2012 (10:30 AM).
              OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire's Avatar
              OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire is offline
              10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
                 
                Join Date: Apr 2010
                Location: Oregon
                Age: 23
                Gender: Male
                Nature: Careful
                Posts: 17,427
                Quote:
                Originally Posted by Sydian View Post

                Not saying you would, but that is literally how people are seeing them now. It's even been said in this thread a few times about some things that are blue and red how it's a hint. I just don't understand it. But my point was that people can take anything as a hint. It's like trying to grab clouds. Doesn't work.
                I agree,they really aren't hints specially considering Red,Blue, Green, and Yellow are the most common colors in the franchise (at least that I've paid attention to). As Xander said before the Magma and Aqua (Water) caves are the only significant hints we really have within this generation.
                __________________
                # TeamRowlet
                I'm currently working on some novels. If you're interested you can read them here:
                https://www.wattpad.com/user/ImperialSun
                https://www.patreon.com/ImperialSun
                  #338    
                Old July 19th, 2012 (2:03 PM).
                Kanto_Johto's Avatar
                Kanto_Johto Kanto_Johto is offline
                Never glimpse the truth
                   
                  Join Date: Jul 2009
                  Location: A Silver Sun
                  Age: 24
                  Gender: Male
                  Nature: Bold
                  Posts: 818
                  Quote:
                  Originally Posted by Sydian View Post


                  Not saying you would, but that is literally how people are seeing them now. It's even been said in this thread a few times about some things that are blue and red how it's a hint. I just don't understand it. But my point was that people can take anything as a hint. It's like trying to grab clouds. Doesn't work.
                  Isn't that essentially the premise of this entire thread? People finding hints that aren't really hints and concluding that RSE remakes are bound to happen because of them?
                    #339    
                  Old July 19th, 2012 (2:10 PM).
                  StarUmbreon's Avatar
                  StarUmbreon StarUmbreon is offline
                     
                    Join Date: Sep 2011
                    Gender: Female
                    Posts: 16
                    I have a theory, it's not a good one but it's something. Before I say it let me say I know the anime has nothing to do with the games but for promotional purposes I think I can use this.

                    Have you ever noticed that in the anime after every odd numbered region there is a filler ark?

                    Kanto (Gen I) -> Orange Islands (nothing to promote being R|B|Y were the only games out. Stalling until G|S come out.) -> Jhoto (Gen II) -> Hoenn (Gen III) -> Kanto (used to promote Emerald using the Battle Frontier & FR|LG taking place in Kanto. Stalling until D|P) -> Sinnoh (Gen IV) -> Unova (Gen V) -> ?

                    Maybe they will do what they did with Gen I & III & send Ash on a side quest to either Hoenn (unlikely) or an anime on region like Orange Islands (possible). they could use this side quest to promote R|S|E Remakes like they did with Gen III.

                    If he goes straight to the Gen VI region then maybe the remakes will be released during Gen VI or will not be released at all although I'm hoping they are.

                    It's sort of farfetched but it's something to work with.

                    P.S: For those wondering why they didn't do it with HG|SS it's because it was fully promoted in the DP Series using Lyra & promo for the Pokelthon (spellcheck) without the need of a filler ark.

                    Edit: If we get Remakes I'm excited to see what they do with the contest & secret bases ( I hope they bring these back)
                    __________________
                    R|S Remake Team

                    Ruby Remake


                    Sapphire Remake
                      #340    
                    Old July 19th, 2012 (3:07 PM).
                    wombateiro's Avatar
                    wombateiro wombateiro is offline
                       
                      Join Date: Dec 2011
                      Gender: Male
                      Posts: 497
                      Quote:
                      Originally Posted by Kanto_Johto View Post
                      When I said about the hints for RSE being made redundant, I meant that because there are no hints that actually mean anything or actually provide a substantial argument for remakes currently being planned, then unless Game Freak admits that they actually were hints, then none of the "hints" discovered by fans at present have actually been intentional.

                      This is similar to "hints" from DPPt signalling HGSS remakes. Other than the Red Gyarados hint (which is an actual hint, since that was an exclusive in-game event for GSC) most other hints were similar to "oh look, those flags are red and blue, like Ruby and Sapphire........HOLY CRAP IT'S A CONSPIRACY".
                      But red Gyarados hint wasn't officially admitted to be hint, right? Game Freak doesn't officially admit hints, no matter how plausible they are. So I disagree with saying that hints need to be confirmed by Game Freak to be plausible, because it doesn't happen.
                      Red Gyarados is similar kind of hint like water/magma cave in B2/W2 - something reminding of the region they possibly plan to remake. I would also say that having two opposing groups of Plasma in B2/W2 could be also reference to Hoenn because no other region has two opposing groups.

                      Btw, speculations about R/S remakes resemble the ones about G/S remakes. Like in this article from 2007: http://bulbanews.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Diamond,_Pearl_and_what_beyond%3F
                        #341    
                      Old July 19th, 2012 (3:21 PM).
                      Sydian's Avatar
                      Sydian Sydian is online now
                      case CLOSED.
                      • Crystal Tier
                       
                      Join Date: Feb 2008
                      Location: Alabama
                      Age: 25
                      Nature: Timid
                      Posts: 32,159
                      Quote:
                      Isn't that essentially the premise of this entire thread? People finding hints that aren't really hints and concluding that RSE remakes are bound to happen because of them?
                      Sadly, yes, that's the pitiful point of this thread. I should have waited till remakes were announced before making this really. Then the speculation would be about what everyone wants to see in remakes and everything under that category. It's talked about a bit in here, but half the time it's just timeline conspiracies and how the DS is out and about how long generations last and a bunch of other things I don't bother to read.
                      __________________
                      ≫ when the hope of new beginnings burned our feet
                      now we need it ≪

                      challenges | klippy
                        #342    
                      Old July 19th, 2012 (4:09 PM).
                      Kanto_Johto's Avatar
                      Kanto_Johto Kanto_Johto is offline
                      Never glimpse the truth
                         
                        Join Date: Jul 2009
                        Location: A Silver Sun
                        Age: 24
                        Gender: Male
                        Nature: Bold
                        Posts: 818
                        Quote:
                        Originally Posted by Sydian View Post


                        Sadly, yes, that's the pitiful point of this thread. I should have waited till remakes were announced before making this really. Then the speculation would be about what everyone wants to see in remakes and everything under that category. It's talked about a bit in here, but half the time it's just timeline conspiracies and how the DS is out and about how long generations last and a bunch of other things I don't bother to read.
                        Agreed. At this moment in time the speculation really is centred on whether or not the remakes are actually going to happen, and as time passes and no mention of remakes have been made by any officials, I'm slowly beginning to become less and less enthusiastic about the possibility of remakes appearing within the year. Don't get me wrong, I would still still be ecstatic if they were announced, but my optimism is dwindling. I'm still hoping that remakes will eventually be announced, but I doubt they will be any time soon.
                          #343    
                        Old July 19th, 2012 (4:10 PM).
                        Xander Olivieri's Avatar
                        Xander Olivieri Xander Olivieri is offline
                           
                          Join Date: Jun 2010
                          Gender: Other
                          Nature: Hasty
                          Posts: 5,601
                          Quote:
                          Originally Posted by StarUmbreon View Post
                          I have a theory, it's not a good one but it's something. Before I say it let me say I know the anime has nothing to do with the games but for promotional purposes I think I can use this.

                          Have you ever noticed that in the anime after every odd numbered region there is a filler ark?

                          Kanto (Gen I) -> Orange Islands (nothing to promote being R|B|Y were the only games out. Stalling until G|S come out.) -> Jhoto (Gen II) -> Hoenn (Gen III) -> Kanto (used to promote Emerald using the Battle Frontier & FR|LG taking place in Kanto. Stalling until D|P) -> Sinnoh (Gen IV) -> Unova (Gen V) -> ?

                          Maybe they will do what they did with Gen I & III & send Ash on a side quest to either Hoenn (unlikely) or an anime on region like Orange Islands (possible). they could use this side quest to promote R|S|E Remakes like they did with Gen III.

                          If he goes straight to the Gen VI region then maybe the remakes will be released during Gen VI or will not be released at all although I'm hoping they are.

                          It's sort of farfetched but it's something to work with.

                          P.S: For those wondering why they didn't do it with HG|SS it's because it was fully promoted in the DP Series using Lyra & promo for the Pokelthon (spellcheck) without the need of a filler ark.

                          Edit: If we get Remakes I'm excited to see what they do with the contest & secret bases ( I hope they bring these back)
                          Only different thing, in Sinnoh for the HG/SS remakes that added Lyra into the Anime while still in Sinnoh. That was HG/SS Remake hint in the Anime. We could get another small bonus like that if we get a new character for the RSE remakes showing up during the Junior World Tournament.
                          __________________
                            #344    
                          Old July 19th, 2012 (8:40 PM).
                          OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire's Avatar
                          OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire is offline
                          10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
                             
                            Join Date: Apr 2010
                            Location: Oregon
                            Age: 23
                            Gender: Male
                            Nature: Careful
                            Posts: 17,427
                            Perhaps for the remakes they could also add the Ryukyu islands for new areas to explore,which are south of Kyushu (in Hoenn's case they would be in the east). They could be like Hoenn's version of the Sevii islands.
                            __________________
                            # TeamRowlet
                            I'm currently working on some novels. If you're interested you can read them here:
                            https://www.wattpad.com/user/ImperialSun
                            https://www.patreon.com/ImperialSun
                              #345    
                            Old July 19th, 2012 (9:32 PM).
                            P0kelegend P0kelegend is offline
                               
                              Join Date: Oct 2008
                              Gender:
                              Posts: 334
                              The next year should be interesting, as I think there is no doubt we will get another main game next year since we already had (almost) the two year gap between B/W and B2W2, so we should get at least one other main game next year before GF has another 2 year gap before releasing the next main series game. So, it could be either R/S remakes or Gen VI. I see it being Gen VI though, because I just don't see them releasing R/S remakes on DS anymore and I don't see them making the first 3DS main game.. a remake.
                                #346    
                              Old July 19th, 2012 (11:20 PM).
                              MiTjA's Avatar
                              MiTjA MiTjA is offline
                              Poké-atheist
                                 
                                Join Date: Mar 2005
                                Location: Slovenia
                                Age: 27
                                Nature: Serious
                                Posts: 587
                                Quote:
                                Originally Posted by wombateiro View Post
                                But red Gyarados hint wasn't officially admitted to be hint, right? Game Freak doesn't officially admit hints, no matter how plausible they are. So I disagree with saying that hints need to be confirmed by Game Freak to be plausible, because it doesn't happen.
                                Red Gyarados is similar kind of hint like water/magma cave in B2/W2 - something reminding of the region they possibly plan to remake. I would also say that having two opposing groups of Plasma in B2/W2 could be also reference to Hoenn because no other region has two opposing groups.

                                Btw, speculations about R/S remakes resemble the ones about G/S remakes. Like in this article from 2007: http://bulbanews.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Diamond,_Pearl_and_what_beyond%3F
                                Red Gyarados was not some hint, it was a direct reference to something everyone remembers from GS.

                                The caves? No, they won't make everyone think of RS. They could still be a homage to RS of course, but they are nowhere near what the Red Gyarados was in for.

                                Some random kid that doesn't check the internet for any poke news all the time,
                                when playing White 2, it'll go like "oh a lava cave, how awesome is that", and won't even know its a boring water-themed cave in Black 2 unless they play it too...

                                I mean, if the caves weren't showcased in corocoro to point out another difference between versions, it would have taken much longer for this thread to notice it.


                                Also, the new plasma reminded me of Johtos Rocket if anything, not Aqua/Magma at all...
                                __________________
                                  #347    
                                Old July 20th, 2012 (4:55 AM).
                                wombateiro's Avatar
                                wombateiro wombateiro is offline
                                   
                                  Join Date: Dec 2011
                                  Gender: Male
                                  Posts: 497
                                  Quote:
                                  Originally Posted by MiTjA View Post
                                  Red Gyarados was not some hint, it was a direct reference to something everyone remembers from GS.

                                  The caves? No, they won't make everyone think of RS. They could still be a homage to RS of course, but they are nowhere near what the Red Gyarados was in for.

                                  Some random kid that doesn't check the internet for any poke news all the time,
                                  when playing White 2, it'll go like "oh a lava cave, how awesome is that", and won't even know its a boring water-themed cave in Black 2 unless they play it too...

                                  I mean, if the caves weren't showcased in corocoro to point out another difference between versions, it would have taken much longer for this thread to notice it.
                                  Somebody who played only Platinum wouldn't know about red Gyarados on TV either because it wasn't in that game... should we really care about people who don't check version differences? Alternate water cave is version exclusive for B2 and Sapphire, the same goes with alternate magma cave for W2 and Ruby. All versions exclusives need to be checked to make opinion if there is some hint.

                                  It's also arguable if red Gyarados on TV was direct reference to G/S/C because it doesn't say where that Gyarados is. It could every region because shiny Pokemon can appear in every region (except gen 1). I agree it was hint, but disagree with saying that it was direct reference without any doubt.

                                  Quote:
                                  Originally Posted by MiTjA View Post
                                  Also, the new plasma reminded me of Johtos Rocket if anything, not Aqua/Magma at all...
                                  I meant relation between old and new Plasma. Opposing to each other like Aqua and Magma. N and Ghetis caused Zekrom/Reshiram to fight with Kyurem, the same like Aqua and Magma caused fight between Kyogre and Groudon. Both fights ended with appearance of third Pokemon - Rayquaza of new Kyurem form. It could be considered as hint because there is some resemblance.
                                    #348    
                                  Old July 20th, 2012 (6:38 AM).
                                  Kanto_Johto's Avatar
                                  Kanto_Johto Kanto_Johto is offline
                                  Never glimpse the truth
                                     
                                    Join Date: Jul 2009
                                    Location: A Silver Sun
                                    Age: 24
                                    Gender: Male
                                    Nature: Bold
                                    Posts: 818
                                    Quote:
                                    Originally Posted by wombateiro View Post
                                    Somebody who played only Platinum wouldn't know about red Gyarados on TV either because it wasn't in that game... should we really care about people who don't check version differences? Alternate water cave is version exclusive for B2 and Sapphire, the same goes with alternate magma cave for W2 and Ruby. All versions exclusives need to be checked to make opinion if there is some hint.

                                    It's also arguable if red Gyarados on TV was direct reference to G/S/C because it doesn't say where that Gyarados is. It could every region because shiny Pokemon can appear in every region (except gen 1). I agree it was hint, but disagree with saying that it was direct reference without any doubt.
                                    So of all the shiny Pokemon they could have chosen, they just happened to choose a Shiny Gyarados, which just happened to have been a major part of the storyline in GSC? Why didn't they choose a rampaging shiny Mantine or Dragonite?

                                    The Red Gyarados story from DPPt is most definitely a direct reference to the GSC games. Otherwise why would they just randomly include something as obvious as that?
                                      #349    
                                    Old July 20th, 2012 (8:07 AM).
                                    rocky505's Avatar
                                    rocky505 rocky505 is offline
                                    <Now who's awesome!
                                       
                                      Join Date: Apr 2008
                                      Location: Parrish, AL
                                      Age: 24
                                      Gender: Male
                                      Nature: Relaxed
                                      Posts: 1,331
                                      Quote:
                                      Originally Posted by wombateiro View Post
                                      Somebody who played only Platinum wouldn't know about red Gyarados on TV either because it wasn't in that game... should we really care about people who don't check version differences? Alternate water cave is version exclusive for B2 and Sapphire, the same goes with alternate magma cave for W2 and Ruby. All versions exclusives need to be checked to make opinion if there is some hint.

                                      It's also arguable if red Gyarados on TV was direct reference to G/S/C because it doesn't say where that Gyarados is. It could every region because shiny Pokemon can appear in every region (except gen 1). I agree it was hint, but disagree with saying that it was direct reference without any doubt.


                                      yes people who played platinum would've heard about the red gyarados. It was even mentioned in one of these remake threads. A cameraman blocking lake valor talks about it.
                                      __________________
                                      3DS FC: 3995-6518-0794
                                        #350    
                                      Old July 20th, 2012 (9:03 AM).
                                      Xander Olivieri's Avatar
                                      Xander Olivieri Xander Olivieri is offline
                                         
                                        Join Date: Jun 2010
                                        Gender: Other
                                        Nature: Hasty
                                        Posts: 5,601
                                        There also wasn't a Water Cave exclusive to Sapphire and a Magma Cave Exclusive to Ruby.


                                        And what? When did Kyurem stop the fight between Zekrom and Reshiram? I never saw that happen. Old Plasma and New Plasma don't oppose each other in the same way that Aqua and Magma did. If anything they hardly oppose each other at all. They simply don't share the same view but are working towards the same goal. The Plasma relationship in B2W2 is nothing like Aqua/Magma's relationship. Cheren, your Rival, and you are the only ones directly attacking Team Plasma the other Plasma team are just sitting and waiting for N.

                                        So there was no fight in B2W2 that relates to any fights in R/S.
                                        Spoiler:
                                        N used his Dragon to stop Kyurem from killing the Main Character. That is no way similar to two Pokemon warring it out in Emerald forcing the Main Character to go awaken a legendary Dragon to stop their fighting. Rayquaza also didn't attack the other two, get stabbed by some item to fuse with one of the other two either. Nor does the opposite legend make an appearance in B2W2. So no there are no similarities between final battles in B2W2 and R/S/E.
                                        __________________
                                        Closed Thread

                                        Quick Reply

                                        Join the conversation!

                                        Create an account to post a reply in this thread, participate in other discussions, and more!

                                        Create a PokéCommunity Account

                                        Sponsored Links
                                        Thread Tools

                                        Posting Rules
                                        You may not post new threads
                                        You may not post replies
                                        You may not post attachments
                                        You may not edit your posts

                                        BB code is On
                                        Smilies are On
                                        [IMG] code is On
                                        HTML code is Off

                                        Forum Jump


                                        All times are GMT -8. The time now is 3:48 PM.