• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Personality Test (Gold/Silver or HeartGold/Soulsilver)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Seen Jul 22, 2014
Username: diamondmutt1111
Game Version: Soul Silver
Challenge Type:Standard

Starter: Typhlosion
Bright Horizons: Togetic > Togekiss
Body and Mind: Lickitung > Lickilicky
What's your Sign: Rhydon > Rhyperior
Hot Tamale: N/A
Turning a New Leaf: Parasect
Magikarp out of Water: Gyarados

interesting team...

Spr_4h_157.png
Spr_4p_468.png
Spr_4p_463.png
Spr_4p_464_m.png
Spr_4h_130_m_s.png
Spr_4h_047.png

I don't know when I will start (BTW i will use a rom)

2 questions BTW:
1. HM slaves...can I use some?
2. If yes, then can I catch a water-type to surf to get the Red Gyarados?

Thanks in advance! :)

You know, if you need a HM Slave for Surf to get the Red Gyarados, you could always use Sentret as it can learn most HMs.

Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Mar 26, 2014
Um... I tried the quizzes and I really can't do them right. None of them have the answers I want... I don't want to do any of those things in the future. I don't know ANY of those people on the crush part, nor do I even have a "hollywood crush"... None of those things sound "tasty". I don't know why there isn't "The city" or something on the "where do you wanna live" thing.... and on the second quiz, I got Skarmory - Gligar. Does that mean I can use either one? I know that Skarmory doesn't evolve into that....

Atomic Pirate

I always win.
Years

Username: Elgyem
Game Version:HeartGold
Challenge Type: Standard

Starter: Feraligatr
Bright Horizons: Crobat
Body and Mind: Stantler
What's your Sign: Wobbuffet
Hot Tamale: Arcanine
Turning a New Leaf: Jumpluff
Magikarp out of Water: n/a

Years
  • Seen Aug 15, 2012
Username: TheFearBeneath
Game Version: HeartGold

Starter: Meganium
Bright Horizons: Venomoth
Body and Mind: Miltank
What's your Sign: Jynx
Hot Tamale: Ninetales
Turning a New Leaf: (N/A)
Magikarp out of Water: Seaking

TRiGa

Eeveelutions Rule
Years
Username: TRiGa
Game Version: SoulSilver
Challenge Type: Standard or Rival

Bright Horizons: Ledian
Body and Mind: Lickitung
What's your Sign: Ampharos
Hot Tamale: (N/A)
Turning a New Leaf: Exeggcutor
Magikarp out of Water: Slowking

InvictoX

Water Trainer/Researcher
Years
  • Age 37
  • NC
  • Seen Aug 12, 2013
Username: Invicto
Game Version: SoulSilver

Bright Horizons: Aerodactyl
Body and Mind: Miltank
What's your Sign: Alakazam
Hot Tamale: Houndoom
Magikarp out of Water: Poliwrath

Will start soon and start posting updates! :)

NiGHtsBeta09

Rescuer/Explorer/Trainer
Years
Wow. Looks like you really put some time and thought into this challenge, -ty-. If I have the time, i would actually enjoy doing a challenge like this, since I love to use Pokemon that I never have before! Hope to hear from me in the future! :'D

Years
  • Seen Aug 15, 2023
Wow Sorry for not posting an update like in a month now. Had camps to go to and such....

Umm funny thing my save data was erased when I came back so i had to start all over.

Oh and finally got pics on my team after I beat the elite four.

Currently Beat Lt. Surge and now making my way toward saffron city.
pokemongold09k.png

Rodriguezjames55

No Jokes #MegaCharizard
Years
Username: for the game James
Game Version: Heart gold
Challenge Type: Rival

Starter: Cyndaquil - Quilava - Typholsion
Bright Horizons: murkrow
Body and Mind: Aipom
What's your Sign: magnimite
Hot Tamale: Houndour (took any way)
Turning a New Leaf: Bellsprout - Weepinbell - Victreebel
Magikarp out of Water: Poliwag - Poliwhirl - Poliwrath/Politoad (YES)
Can i trade in murkrow?

Last edited:

diamondmutt1111

A wild summer appeared!
Years
Update #1 - Handling a Super Nova!

Synopsis
Spoiler:

Current Team
Spoiler:

Update #2 - DIE MILTANK DIE!​

Synopsis
Spoiler:

Current Team
Spoiler:

NOTE: At the moment, the computer with the save file for this challenge is being replaced. If I get it back with no save file, then crap, gotta restart ALL OVER again. If I am able to use the save file, then I will continue.
NOTE 2: I will be either hacking Rhyperior in (because I'm using an emulator) or just using Rhydon. Forgot to mention when I signed up.
NOTE 3: Now I know what you are thinking. Why grab a Level 10 Magikarp instead of the Shiny Gyarados or wait for the Good Rod and get a Level 20 Magikarp? Simple.
1. The Level 20 will evolve into Gyarados at Level 21. Gyarados learns Bite at Level 20 so yeah.
2. Might as well get a Gyarados earlier.

Last edited:

Rodriguezjames55

No Jokes #MegaCharizard
Years
update
pick cynadaquil as my starter did elms request caught a bell sprout and a caterpie traded caterpie for a lv 1 murkrow (freshly hatched from platinum) evolved cynadaquil leveled up murkrow to 12 and bellsprout to 10 sorry was focused on my hack for a while

SonofWiseii

Come on in Heeeeerrrre!
Years
Alrighty, been looking for a challenge and this seemed interesting and fun. Playing on an emulator since I can't find my Gameboy Advance SP to play my Silver cart, and I'm not willing to erase my progress on SoulSilver. Also, VBA on Linux sucks, just sayin'. Works well enough for my purposes in any case, so I can't complain too much.

Username: sonofwiseii
Game Version: Silver
Challenge Type: Standard or Rival

Bright Horizons: Noctowl
Body and Mind: Lickitung
What's your Sign: Lapras

Spoiler:

Well, this looks to be rather interesting. Can't wait to see how this all shapes up. Will be posting an update tonight with today's progress, if possible.

Sylvie18

Stray Cat
Years
  • Age 31
  • UK
  • Seen Oct 1, 2015
Sounds like fun, why not :D

Username: Sylvie18
Game Version: Silver

Bright Horizons: Butterfree
Body and Mind: Raticate
What's your Sign: Shuckle

Is it weird that i've always sorta wanted to train a Jumpluff? :D

Years
  • NY
  • Seen Oct 25, 2012
Username: Rubix33
Game Version: Heart Gold

Starter: Tododile
Bright Horizons: HootHoot
Body and Mind: Snubull
What's your Sign: Haunter(Since you need to trade Haunter for gengar, can I hack in a gengar, after I obtain Haunter, since I am using an emulator??)
Hot Tamale: Ponyta
Turning a New Leaf: Sunkern
Magikarp out of Water:N/A

And I am planning on using all of the final Evolution. Once my Haunter Question is answered/approved I will begin :D

Sylvie18

Stray Cat
Years
  • Age 31
  • UK
  • Seen Oct 1, 2015
Alright, since i had nothing better to do, update time :D I'd put it in a spoiler but i forget how :L

- Started the game, remembered that silver was genderlocked - became a man and named myself Kirito.
- told mum i knew how to work the phone..she explained it anyway
- recieved Cyndaquil from Elm, named it Chibi.
- trained Chibi to lvl 8
- went to rest in Cherrygrove, got dragged around by an energetic old man
- continued on way to see Mr.pokemon, Chibi lvled up to 9 thanks to a kakuna
- recieved a pokedex from Oak and the mystery egg
- recieved panicked phonecall from Elm, casually made my way back to town
- bumped into rival, put him in his place. Chibi lvled up to 10
- found out rivals name was Zyrus
- visited Elm, told police about Zyrus, visited mum, mum decided to hoarde my money
- caught female Rattata lvl 2 on route 45/46 (i forget), named her Aiya,
- grinded Aiya to lvl 10 on route 30
- tried to find a shuckle in dark cave without flash. failed. realised i'd need rocksmash.
- Chibi lvled up to 11
- reached Violet city
- trained in bellsprout tower, Chibi finally learnt ember.
- Chibi reached lvl 14 on the top floor of sprout tower and evolved into Quilava
- watched Zyrus beat the monk and escape, proceeded to beat monk myself and obtain the useless HM Flash
- returned to route 30 until Chibi reached lvl 15
- returned to route 29 to find a sentret for slavery while training Aiya.
- needed to wait for daylight for sentret, had to go to work so saved on route 29.

Current Team:

Quilava (Chibi) lvl 15
no item

Tackle
Leer
Smokescreen
Ember

Rattata (Aiya) lvl 11
no item

Tackle
Tail Whip
Quick Attack

Sylvie18

Stray Cat
Years
  • Age 31
  • UK
  • Seen Oct 1, 2015
Update #no 2. and since the weekends over i'll have less time xD shame D:

- started on route 29
- gave up on sentret
- trained Aiya on the way back to Violet City, she hit lvl 13 and learned hyper fang
- decided to take on the gym, made quick work of the apprentices with Aiya's hyper fang before facing off with Falkner.
- Falkner was weaker than i had anticipated, Aiya easily overwhelmed his pokemon and i obtained my first badge
- Aiya lvled up to 14 thanks to Falkner
- Recieved a phonecall from Elm telling me his assistant wanted to see me in the pokecenter
- Recieved an egg from the assistant, didnt really feel like carrying it around but it seemed like i had no choice
- hunted for a hoppip on route 32
- caught lvl 6 hoppip and named her Lanna.....since she doesnt learn an attack till lvl 10-12 ish its going to be tough
- pushed Aiya to lvl 15 before training Lanna
- first battle with Lanna was against another hoppip... what are we going to do, splash each other to death?
- trained Lanna to lvl 10, she learnt tackle and can now finally fend for herself
- continued to grind Lanna to lvl 15
- guy tried to sell me a slowpoke tail when i went to rest at a pokemon center, the price was extortion i tell ya
- recieved an old rod from a guy inside the pokemon center on route 32, that was nice of him since i needed to catch myself a magikarp
- found a lvl 10 magikarp right away, how lucky :L named her Umi , since Lanna was already the lvl quota i started training..this
might end up being tougher than Lanna's training
- feels like the only way Chibi is getting any training lately is as a back-up fighter for Umi 's battles :(
- caught a mareep, named it Torch, taught Torch Flash
- Chibi reached lvl 16 while covering for Umi, mom phoned to say she'd spent my money, but since it was a super potion i forgave her
- revisited dark cave with Torch so i could obtain the potion on the floor
- Umi lvled up to 11, a little while later,, Chibi reached lvl 17, not sure who's benefitting more from Umi's grinding
- decided to grind in union cave for a change of pace/hope for an easier time :L
- placed Torch in the PC while resting up... it'll probably not see the light of day again until i'm forced to pass through dark cave a lot later on
- Togepi hatched from the "mystery" egg (surprise surprise) while training in union cave.. didnt give it a nickname..was unsure what to do with it, so placed it in the PC
- found a few dropped items on the floor in union cave, since it wasnt pitch black i couldnt understand how people had dropped them, either way
it was my gain. I even found a TM containing swift :D
- needed to do some things so saved in union cave

Current Team:

Magikarp (Umi) lvl 13
no item

Splash

Quilava (Chibi) lvl 18
no item

Tackle
Leer
Smokescreen
Ember

Hoppip (Lanna) lvl15
no item

Poisenpowder
Synthesis
Stun spore
Tackle

Rattata (Aiya) lvl15
no item

Tackle
Tail Whip
Quick Attack
Hyper Fang

Years
  • Seen Dec 21, 2013
name:awesome
game:heartgold
starter: typhlosion
bright horizons: butterfree
body and mind: raticate
whats your sign?: weavile
turning a new leaf: sunflora
magikarp out of water:politoed

Sylvie18

Stray Cat
Years
  • Age 31
  • UK
  • Seen Oct 1, 2015
had a bit of time spare so i did some more of the challenge :)
update no' 3:

- started in Union cave
- grinded Umi to lvl 15 ( and it learned tackle!! :D) and rested in Azalea town, the rocket grunt guarding the well was quite rude,
- Aiya reached lvl 16 in the process of all this
- spoke to Kurt, who explained the actions of Team Rocket before charging off to be a hero
- followed Kurt to the Slowpoke Well, rude grunt was nowehere to be seen
- Kurt's attempt at being a hero failed as soon as the idea had begun, he apparently injured his back while falling into the well and shoved his self-assigned task onto me... oh well Chibi could do with a few punching bags
- found the rude grunt who was guarding the entrance, he attacked me in anger, must have been the anger he felt aty himself for running from an old man, either way Chibi eradicated his rattata and lvl'd up to 19
- continued into the well, fighting more Rockets and the occaisonal slowpoke, one rocket challenged me to try and defeat all the grunts within the well....Challenge accepted.
- defeated all grunts and Chibi hit lvl 20, the last Rocket threatened me, but i wasn't too bothered since their pokemon were pretty weak
- Kurt came to congratulate me for my efforts, and i noticed that his back is mysteriously better all of a sudden, but since he offered to make 'balls' for me for free i cant hold anything against him.. thanks Kurt :L
- went to visit the charcoal guy in azalea in hopes of obtaining Cut, however he just commented on his apprentice still being in ilex forest
- i decided to go look for his apprentice, just as i was leaving town Zyrus shows up and asks about team rocket before calling me a liar
- we battled to prove my strength. Since he started with a gastly i had no choice but to use Chibi as he was the only pokemon who knew an elemental attack
- beat gastly with a single ember, then switched to Aiya and took on his Croconaw with Hyper Fang and Quick Attack. Stuck with Aiya for his final pokemon, Zubat.
- Our victory allowed Aiya to lvl up to 17. Zyrus blamed his defeat on his pokemon, geez what a bad attitude
- found the apprentice and learned that his bosses farfetch'd had run away, decided to go and catch it for him
- the Farfetch'd ran away once it saw me, but i demonstrated my intelligence and managed to trick it into running back to the assistant
- turns out the charcoal master had arrived and gave me HM Cut as thanks for finding his pokemon, that was nice of him :)
- With Cut in my possession, i decided to hit the gym
- took on the entire gym with Aiya and won my second badge. The experience lvled her up to 19
- caught an Oddish in ilex forest, named it Blade, taught 'Blade' how to Cut
- pushed Aiya to lvl 20 where she learnt Focus Energy and evolved into a Raticate where she tried to learn scary face, but i refused to let her D<
- made it through ilex forest and grinded Lanna to lvl 20 ( at lvl 18 she evolved into Skiploom)
- saved just outside of ilex forest

Current Team:

Magikarp (Aiya) lvl 15
no item

Splash
Tackle

Quilava (Chibi) lvl 20
no item

Tackle
Leer
Smokescreen
Ember

Raticate (Aiya) lvl 20
no item

Tackle
Focus Energy
Quick Attack
Hyper Fang

Skiploom (Lanna) lvl 20
no item

Poison Powder
Synthesis
Sleep Powder
Tackle

Items:
Torch (mareep) - Flash
Blade (oddish) - Cut
.... a togepi....

Last edited:

<Challenger>

Goodbye PC...for now.
Years
Username: heretostay123
Game Version: Heart Gold

Bright Horizons: Crobat
Body and Mind: Granbull
What's your Sign: Gengar
Hot Tamale: Arcanine
Magikarp out of Water: Seaking

If anything has a evolution not second gen, I'll cancel it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back