• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Fingerprints!

What kind of fingerprint(s) do you have?

• Total voters

Honest

Hi!
Years
There are different kinds of fingerprints. The main ones are on this little diagram, and each are labeled.

fingerprints.gif

What kind of fingerprints do you have? Keep in mind different fingers can have different styles of fingerprints. For example, with the exception of my index fingers, I have loops. But my index fingers have tentarchs. Neat, huh?

Last edited:

Starsprite

This is how we live!
Years
  • Age 26
  • TN
  • Seen Dec 25, 2016
While I can't actually see the image, I looked up the diagram and...

For example, with the exception of my index fingers, I have loops. But my index fingers have tentarchs. Neat, huh?

Well, you and me both, apparently. Except my little finger may be mixed, or at least just very difficult to see clearly. I think loops are supposed to be fairly common though, so it's no surprise.

Years
Yeah, I had to look up a diagram myself too.

Most of mine are loops, but both my middle fingers have arches. I'm symmetrical. Yay?

Kevin

kevin del rey
Years
Most of my fingers are whorls, I think... my index fingers are definitely loops though.

Years
I'm with the majority here, mine are mainly loops.

But hey, I'm surprised most of the people posting here have loops.

Last edited:
Years
My fingers are weird, I guess.

My thumbs are both whorls, then the right index finger is a tentarch while the left is a loop. My right middle finger is a tentarch and the left middle finger is a loop (but a weird one). My right ring finger is a loop while my left is a whorl. Both pinkies are loops.

Also, on all my whorl fingers, the whorls are like PERFECT ovals. Strange, huh?

Shining Raichu

Expect me like you expect Jesus.
Years
My fingerprints are loops! I got really excited about this thread then I clicked the 'loop' option and saw that loop has the most votes and now I just feel common :(

Years
It's kind of hard for me to tell since I don't have ink to make proper fingerprints.

It looks like my fingers are whorls except my middle fingers, which looks like a loop instead. Huh.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Dec 11, 2023
I can't really tell without link but it looks like most if not all of mine are loops.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Apr 13, 2024
All of my fingers look like tentarchs to me! Awww yeeeeeeeaaaaah!!!

Avishka

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Nov 13, 2019
All of my fingers look like loops to me! it is sooo common :( :(

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
Looks to be arch/tenarch. Then again I could be wrong but these look straight rather than to the side so imma say arch! Okay thumb looks loop but index is definitely arch so idk.

Back