• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.

What's your favorite Pokémon [of Each Type]?

danaxe

I long for kyurem powerz
Years
Bug: scizor
Dark: absol
Dragon: flygon
Electric: eelektross
Fighting: poliwrath
Fire: torkoal
Flying: skarmory
Ghost: dusknoir
Grass: sceptile
Ground: rhyperior
Ice: walrein
Normal: chansey
Poison: crobat
Psychic: metagross
Rock: rhyperior
Steel: bisharp
Water:poliwrath​

Snowdrop

Back and ready to babble!
Years
Normal: Skitty/Delcatty. Love them both equally.
Bug: Either Scyther or Yanma. Scyther has a great design, but I liked using my Yanma in Colosseum
Fighting: Virizion, very closely followed by Mienshao and Breloom. Love all their designs. A dainty grass antelope? You bet. Weasel thing with long arm fur? Pretty neat. Dinosaur/mushroom? Heck yes.
Flying: There are A LOT of these I like, but I'll go with Mandibuzz. It's ugly in a sick, awesome kind of way.
Poison: Tie between Nidoking and Nidoqueen. Incredible design.
Water: Kabutops looks sick. For pure a Water Type then Suicune.
Fire: Either Entei or Flareon, tough choice. A Chinese guardian lion or a puffy fire catfox thing... that's tough...
Grass: So many I love... I can't even... let's go with Meganium, Sawsbuck, Tropius, Hoppip, Serperior, Leafeon, and Whimsicott. Indecisive, I know...
Rock: Tyranitar, closely followed by Golem.
Steel: Aggron with Skarmory coming close.
Ground: Flygon, even though it should be a Bug IMO
Dragon: ZEKROM ZEKROM ZEKROM ZEKROM Did I mention ZEKROM?
Electric: Manectric, extremely closely followed by Luxray. I also like Zebstrika and *gasp* ZEKROM
Psychic: Espeon, coming close is the lovely Girafarig.
Ice: Sneasel and Articuno.
Ghost: Giratina.
Dark: Absol. DAT DESIGN

Yeah, so as you can see I have trouble picking just one favorite lololol

LinooneFriend

Pokefriend
Years
Linoone is my fave! It wasn't always my fave, and I'm still not sure what I love so much about it. I personally don't like running, but I feel like linoone is more gracefull than me when it runs. I also love it's weasel-like shape, cause weasels are one of my favorite animals. I think one of my favorite visual traits of linoone is it's crystal-blue eyes that remind me of my eyes. My second fave is Furret because it's so cute and I like ferrets.

Ageha1304

Ageha
Years
  • Seen Feb 13, 2022
Bug type - Volcarona
Dark type - Zoruark
Dragon type - Haxorus
Electric type - Luxray
Fighting type - Blaziken
Fire type - Charizard
Flying type - Staraptor
Ghost type - Chandelure
Grass type - Serperior
Ground type - Garchomp
Ice type - Kyurem
Normal type - Eevee
Poison type - Scolipede
Psychic type - Metagross
Rock type - Tyranitar
Steel type - Aggron
Water type - Kingdra

Years
In my specialty type, it's definitely Flygon. Its ground/dragon pairing eliminates its water-type weakness. The only downside is the double weakness to ice.

Outside of my specialty, it's definitely Lucario. Just really freaking great.

Years
  • NY
  • Seen Oct 25, 2012
Raioku, Just because it looks, so nice. And for some reason my favorite type is Electric.

Years
  • Seen Aug 21, 2012
id say charmander. that was my 1st fav pokemon. its so cute but so firey (well you get me lol)

pleryt16

ERMAHGERD ITS A VAPOREON
Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Feb 19, 2013
Water: Vaporeon. He's amazing.
Grass: Venusaur. I originally picked him and fell in love with him.
Fire: This one is hard. I'm gonna say Ninetales, because I never see him being used and I personally love Ninetales.
Fighting: Scrafty because he's so useful in the Elite Four of Unova and without him I would have lost in the Elite Four.
Dark: Scrafty, like I listed above
Psychic: Alakazam because he's a beast.
Ghost: Gengar because he was on my original FireRed team and I've never really used any other Ghost types.
Steel: Lucario because he is awesome.
Bug: Kricketune, he has a moustache.
Poison: Toxicroak, he's a frog.
Dragon: Dragonite, he's amazing.
Flying: Also Dragonite.
Ground: Quagsire, I recently used him in my run of Pokemon Gold and he was amazing.
Rock: Golem because walking rock.
Normal: Snorlax because he is useful in every game I've used him in.
Electric: Luxray because I love cats and he is useful in Platinum and HeartGold.
Ice: Mamoswine. I like his tusks.

Rainbow Arcanine

now known as aslan
Years
My favourite Pokemon of all time is Arcanine,because its a cross between a tiger and a canine which I personally find awesome. It has also been a great help in my Pokemon adventures, without it I couldn't of completed the game.

Another of my favourites is Reniculus. Who doesn't love a cute Pokemon that is made up of green blobs?

Aerodactyl for my favourite fossil Pokemon. It just looks badass also it's an amazing fighter. For legendary I'd say Mew probably but Latios is pretty close as well. Mew is adorable and powerful too in the first movie

Fire Flyy

metaphysical poet
Years
Grass: Bayleef | Cool design and I really liked it in the anime, it was really just dependable and I loved watching it battle as a kid
Fire: Charizard | The OG of Pokemon, my original favorite when I was a kid.
Water: Wooper | It's cute, but I like a lot of water types.
Flying: Staraptor | Best regional bird, sick that it can learn Close Combat.
Normal: Munchlax | Just like its design, it's really rare too.
Fighting: Hitmontop | It's cool, there are a lot of cool fighters though.
Psychic: Latios | Cool design, but there are a lot of good Psychic types.
Dragon: Garchomp | It owns, best dragon.
Ground: Torterra | One of the coolest starter evos.
Ice: Walrein | Cool design
Bug: Scizor | Really cool design, easily the best bug type .-.
Steel: Forretress / Heatran | Can't decide but they both own lol.
Rock: Shuckle | Neat design, should get an evo ^^
Electric: Ampharos | I love its design, simplistic and cool.
Poison: Roserade | Great design
Dark: Tyranitar | Swagger.
Ghost: Banette | I hope it gets an evo since it's so cool :)

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Feb 7, 2017
Grass: Meganium - It has a cool design, and is really strong. I think it's the best Johto starter!
Electric: Raikou/Jolteon - I just love feline & canine-based Pokemon, so I couldn't decide between these two, they're both awesome!
Water: Samurott - Before the 5th generation, Starmie was my favorite water Pokemon, but Samurott is just so great! It's a samurai!
Ice: Glalie - I think this is the favorite ice Pokemon for most people. I don't know what exactly, but something about Glalie is awesome.
Fire: Arcanine - As I said above, I love all canine-based Pokemon, and Arcanine is one of the best!
Bug: Scyther - I like Scyther more that Scizor. The razor-sharp blades on its arms make him an amazingly design Pokemon IMO.
Psychic: Mewtwo - Probably my favorite Pokemon.
Ghost: Gengar - The funniest and coolest Pokemon ever xD What's there not to love about Gengar?
Dark: Zoroark - I just love its design! And after watching the "Master of Illusion", I just couldn't help but love Zoroark more, how it bravely fought for her Zorua...
Ground: Golurk - It's a giant, and its a Ghost! Golurk's awesome.
Rock: Probopass - That stache! What else to say xD
Flying: Braviary - The awesomest (I know it's not a real word xD ) flying Pokemon ever!
Steel: Bronzor - Bronzor's funny. The screws under its eyes combined with the circle looked like a funny smile the first time I saw it, so I remember it like that. So every time Bronzor appears, it looks like it's smiling, so it's funny xD
Poison: Nidoking - The KING of all Poison Pokemon!
Fighting: Lucario - I know it's weaker than people make it look like, but I love its design.
Dragon: Dragonite - I never had a team in any game without a Dragonite. I just love it.

Kisspower12

Stupid Hero
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Aug 24, 2014
Froslass! my favorite two types ice and ghost. and i love the design

.Scream

Professor
Years
My favourite Pokemon is Gardevoir.

Such an elegant Pokemon with amazing abilities and personality traits such as loyalty to their trainers.

Zoe Arewell

Gloomy Beauty of Lavender Town
Years
Well I haven't been playing very long, but if I had to choose 1 pokemon that is my favorite, I'd have to choose Venusaur!

This may sound kind of cheesy but I can't help but love my very first Pokemon (even though that's bulbasaur)! It's been with me through the whole game and has never let me down in a battle <3 I heard his type set-up isn't too bad (Grass/Poison). My Venusaur and I have taken down every gym leader with just the two of us. I trained other Pokemon but for Gym Leader battles I try to just you Venusaur and we show all those pesky gym leaders whose boss! =3

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Mar 26, 2021
My favorite Pokemon of all-time would have to be Reshiram. Itreminds me of the Blue-Eyes White Dragon my very first ultra-rareYugioh card as well as being one of my all time favorite monsters touse in a duel to this very day. On top of that thanks to ReshiramI've been inspired to make a competitive Blue-Eyes White Dragon deck.

Rainbow Arcanine

now known as aslan
Years
Who is your favourite of them all?

Most of us have a Pokemon we simply adore above all others. Some of us favour powerful Pokemon with a fierce look. Others love beautiful,elegant Pokemon that really know how to charm. There are speedy Pokemon, ones with awesome designs and some so cute you really want to just hug them :D.

Pokemon are amazing, they are friends for life, strong battlers and creatures that make you smile. Who is your favourite of all 649 monsters? Why do you like that particular Pokemon, what made you interested in it?

My favourite has been Arcanine ever since I laid my eyes on it. It is a cross between a lion and tiger and in my opinon has an amazing design. Its stats are great too with high speed and attack.

Discuss your favourite Pokemon here and learn about what others love.
------
I'm not sure if this thread has already been started somewhere in the Community, since this is a common topic.

Also feel free to correct me if this is in the wrong section :P.

Back